MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:07 am

Post by MafiaMann »

I was under the impression a good porton of the town was in favor of the gender reveal so i figured why not tell the town if a majority of the town wanted to know. Yes only one other person revealed but other expressed interest in it.

Vote count
(8 players alive = 5 to lynch before deadline)
(1) Gremwell – Mariyta
(1) sekinj – Rage
(1) thinktank – sekinj
(1) MafiaMann – Singing Librarian

Not voting:
Gremwell, MafiaMann, raverblood, thinktank

Deadline:
Thursday 4 September 2:00 PM (GMT -5 according to forum clock)
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:17 am

Post by Singing Librarian »

MafiaMann wrote:I was under the impression a good porton of the town was in favor of the gender reveal so i figured why not tell the town if a majority of the town wanted to know. Yes only one other person revealed but other expressed interest in it.
Again, not so.

Post 344 - Mafiamann states he is against it
Post 345 - Mariyta is unconvinced that it will help
Post 346 - Rage sees potential ways that scum could mess it up for town
Post 347 - Rage lets us know that he'll be away for a bit
Post 348 - raverblood reveals game gender
Post 349 - Mafiamann reveals game gender

All of the posts between your change of mind are somewhat dubious about the process. Not as outright negative as you were, but not positive about it either.

And if we go back a few posts, sekinj suggested it in 341, Rage is quite positive and reiterated what we already knew (female role) in 342 and Mariyta expressed doubt in 343.

I do not see how you can claim that these posts could have given you the impression that a good proportion of the town was in favour. That's just not at all right. raverblood's reveal is the only 'in favour' post between your 'I am against' and your reveal. Even Rage, who had already revealed his in-game gender before the idea ever came up, was dubious and not certain whether it would help in any way well before you changed your mind. It is true that Mariyta changed mind as well, but their position was nowhere near as negative as yours.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:13 am

Post by sekinj »

I started a pbpa of mafiamann last week, but abandoned it because looking at him in isolation I didn't find as many scummy things as I thought I would. I agree that he is suspicious, but I like the case on thinktank. I don't think his flip-flopping can be marked up to 'flipancy' as he claims. I don't think MM deciding to claim gender along with the rest fo the town is as strong. in fact another scummy thing I think think did was to NOT claim gender alogn with the rest of the town.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:55 am

Post by sekinj »

Mod: Can I please get a prod on Rage, thinktank, Gremwell, and raverblood? The most recent any of them has posted is Monday

There is a long weekend coming up, and it would be great to hear something from everyone before then.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:25 am

Post by Rage »

I'm here.
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:28 am

Post by Rage »

Oops, I didn't mean for that to look so empty. I'm going to do a reread of the game, and focus on MafiaMann.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:36 pm

Post by Gremwell »

I'm also here, right now I don't see the case on Mafiamann but I'll look back thriugh and see if anything grabs me
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Gremwell wrote:I'm also here, right now I don't see the case on Mafiamann but I'll look back thriugh and see if anything grabs me
I don't think there really is one. It's a feeling more than anything.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by thinktank »

Mafiaman gives off a scummy vibe. But so do a few other players like Raver, who I want to hear more from.
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by sekinj »

Mariyta wrote:
Gremwell wrote:I'm also here, right now I don't see the case on Mafiamann but I'll look back thriugh and see if anything grabs me
I don't think there really is one. It's a feeling more than anything.
I agree with this feeling. But I went after thinktank because I couldn't find anything substantial on MM. Maybe he has been scummy since then.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by Rage »

Sekinj, what do you think about the other 5 players in this game?

I'm going to post my thoughts later, too, but after I'm done my reread.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:37 am

Post by Rage »

I'm going to be away all weekend (August 30 - September 1) without any access to a computer. I hope that isn't too much of an inconvenience!
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:35 am

Post by Mariyta »

6 days til deadline. It would be nice if those who are sitting back would pick up the pace.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:44 am

Post by Mariyta »

Screw it. I'm gonna trust my gut on this one.

Unvote, Vote MafiaMann
-Susan Ertz

raverblood
raverblood
Townie
raverblood
Townie
Townie

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:50 am

Post by raverblood »

sekinj wrote:I started a pbpa of mafiamann last week, but abandoned it because looking at him in isolation I didn't find as many scummy things as I thought I would. I agree that he is suspicious, but I like the case on thinktank. I don't think his flip-flopping can be marked up to 'flipancy' as he claims. I don't think MM deciding to claim gender along with the rest fo the town is as strong. in fact another scummy thing I think think did was to NOT claim gender alogn with the rest of the town.
i dont see how not telling a gender role is scummy. i dont see how it hurts or helps town.. i gave mine just to give info. i feel not telling is a scum tell. now if every started giving out more info and one feels to hides it then yeah ok. but gender does nothing... unless someone has a list on how many scum are male or female
"If only you could step into my life for a moment, only then will you truly know hell"
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:48 am

Post by Mariyta »

raverblood wrote:i dont see how not telling a gender role is scummy. [...] i feel not telling is a scum tell
I'm confused as to which side you are on. Could you please clarify?
-Susan Ertz

MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:58 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Mariyta wrote:Screw it. I'm gonna trust my gut on this one.

Unvote, Vote MafiaMann
Your gonna trust your gut without facts. This is a bit suspicous

FO
S: Maryata

Call it an OMGUS you always do but voting on "gut" i find scummy
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:41 pm

Post by Mariyta »

I figured you would. Doesn't matter. I can't see much solid on anyone right now.
-Susan Ertz

Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:03 pm

Post by Rage »

There's a simple solution for that, Mariyta. Reread.
raverblood wrote:
sekinj wrote:I started a pbpa of mafiamann last week, but abandoned it because looking at him in isolation I didn't find as many scummy things as I thought I would. I agree that he is suspicious, but I like the case on thinktank. I don't think his flip-flopping can be marked up to 'flipancy' as he claims. I don't think MM deciding to claim gender along with the rest fo the town is as strong. in fact another scummy thing I think think did was to NOT claim gender alogn with the rest of the town.
i dont see how not telling a gender role is scummy. i dont see how it hurts or helps town.. i gave mine just to give info. i feel not telling is a scum tell. now if every started giving out more info and one feels to hides it then yeah ok. but gender does nothing... unless someone has a list on how many scum are male or female
I was trying to come up with a way to prove that Sekinj's information is sane, and as such, I can pretty much tell that neither OhGodMyLife or Sekinj misinterpreted their information. They made that clear a bunch of times, but I found it suspicious that OhGodMyLife would unvote only to ask Sekinj once more if her information was correct. Now that he's flipped Town, I don't understand why Sekinj has said that his nickname implied he had to counterclaim her. As I've said a couple times before, my nickname does not imply what I can do to a player.

And, by the way, if we need something to discuss, I'd be more than happy to claim my role, name and nickname.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:28 pm

Post by Mariyta »

I forgot MafiaMann was the one who enchanted Sekinj. Mafia, would you please explain that? I think we're far enough along to know.

Unvote

I agree, Rage. We need something to talk about. My nickname is Honor. Discuss.
-Susan Ertz

Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by Rage »

Woah, woah, I don't want everyone to claim their nicknames unless we reach a consensus to. I just said that
I'd
be more than happy to claim, as the Town doesn't have anything to lose by knowing it.

Anyways, this is my last post until Tuesday, or late Monday.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:28 pm

Post by sekinj »

think: scummy as illustrated
MM: seems scummy, but I can't find anything substantial. will have to gather more evidence before I go after him. seems that there are better fish to fry today.
rage: seems pro-town, but could be showing false delimmas. doesn't seem willing to give credence to the fact that this is a unique game with unique roles and restrictions. unwilling to be convinced
raver: too lurky, not many original ideas
grem: pretty good thoughts, but not enough posting
Sing: good ideas for the most part, would like to see more posting
Mar: seems to have good balance of suspicion and speculation
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
raverblood
raverblood
Townie
raverblood
Townie
Townie

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:13 am

Post by raverblood »

Mariyta wrote:
raverblood wrote:i dont see how not telling a gender role is scummy. [...] i feel not telling is a scum tell
I'm confused as to which side you are on. Could you please clarify?
sorry that was to read "i feel not telling is 'not' a scum tell." sorry
"If only you could step into my life for a moment, only then will you truly know hell"
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:25 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Mariyta wrote:I forgot MafiaMann was the one who enchanted Sekinj. Mafia, would you please explain that? I think we're far enough along to know.

Unvote

I agree, Rage. We need something to talk about. My nickname is Honor. Discuss.
To explain this i need to reveal my role and i dont know if thats a good idea
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:12 am

Post by sekinj »

@mar: what do you mean by 'enchanted'?
Show
-sekinj

To Do: