kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:33 am

Post by kloud1516 »

Responding to prod. Sorry everyone, I have been slipping behind in several games, and so I am trying to get back into things. Weekdays are crazy for me.

A couple of things I need to address:

1) I said in my previous posts that several others stood out to me besides pwnz for similar reasons. RR has made cases against almost all of the players I found to be suspicious upon reading the thread in order to jump into the game, and so while I have not yet had time to make cases of my own, I must say that I find much of what RR has provided to be logical reasoning.

2) I am not really understanding the "OF is full of crap" wagon that is going on right now. Could someone please explain this to me, for I thought his case made sense.

3) I am trying to make cases to provide to the game, but the thread is moving so quickly that is hard to keep up with the limited access I am experiencing. Bear with me.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Basically, OF is deliberately misinterpreting Crazy's posts in particular, and is trying to jump onto a wagon that already died yesterday. His case makes sense, right up until you read the posts before and after those he "creatively interprets".
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Crazy »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:Basically, OF is deliberately misinterpreting Crazy's posts in particular, and is trying to jump onto a wagon that already died yesterday. His case makes sense, right up until you read the posts before and after those he "creatively interprets".
No. The case on OF is because he voted me for assuming that Adel was town in regards to the scum-tell. He claimed to not know what the scum-tell was, so how would he even know if it would clear someone of being town or not?
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by SleepyPanda »

Quick post before school.
Crazy wrote:
Knight of Cydonia wrote:Basically, OF is deliberately misinterpreting Crazy's posts in particular, and is trying to jump onto a wagon that already died yesterday. His case makes sense, right up until you read the posts before and after those he "creatively interprets".
No. The case on OF is because he voted me for assuming that Adel was town in regards to the scum-tell. He claimed to not know what the scum-tell was, so how would he even know if it would clear someone of being town or not?
I still think that's extremely weak if your case is only built on that. I didn't know your scumtell when you mentioned it and I was fairly certain it wouldn't clear someone completely. Even Adel's super secret scumtell was based on speculation. It's not foolproof. Tell me one scumtell that would clear someone 100%, not just in this game, in any. If mafia is that easy, I don't think anyone would play.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by kloud1516 »

SleepyPanda wrote:Quick post before school.
Crazy wrote:
I still think that's extremely weak if your case is only built on that. I didn't know your scumtell when you mentioned it and I was fairly certain it wouldn't clear someone completely. Even Adel's super secret scumtell was based on speculation. It's not foolproof. Tell me one scumtell that would clear someone 100%, not just in this game, in any. If mafia is that easy, I don't think anyone would play.
QFT.
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by SleepyPanda »

Why can a wagon not be restarted? Once a wagon dies, that person is lynch-immune? I agree that from what I skimmed of OF's post, it seemed like he was making quite a bit of assumptions, but I don't see how trying to start a wagon again is scummy in itself, especially when people only got off Crazy's wagon to pursue other's that were more scummy.
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

While I disagree with OF's case, I don't see what about it makes him all that scummy. Not sure at all that his misconseption of Crazy's read on Adel was delibarate.

Thanks for changing avatars, knight.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by Crazy »

If you don't like my OF case, then look at my second suspect:
Cephrir wrote:@Crazy: I was thinking scum might buddy up to their entire group instead of just their lover, by accident, or something like that. I honestly forget exactly why/what I was thinking exactly, but I think it was something like that based on my daytalk.

Like I said, it didn't seem amazing. Although, it turns out the actual tell isn't that amazing anyway.
Anyone buy this? At all? That someone could forget what they were thinking the scum-tell was?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:56 am

Post by Cephrir »

My next week will be a bit crazy. I'll be reading and posting but don't expect incredible insights.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:26 am

Post by armlx »

Why can a wagon not be restarted? Once a wagon dies, that person is lynch-immune? I agree that from what I skimmed of OF's post, it seemed like he was making quite a bit of assumptions, but I don't see how trying to start a wagon again is scummy in itself, especially when people only got off Crazy's wagon to pursue other's that were more scummy.
This is exactly what is confusing me, though I'm only 20ish pages in.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:31 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

It's not that he was trying to start a wagon again, it's just the fact he was using almost entirely the same evidence as from the original wagon - most of which can be fairly dismissed as already having been explained away, or just plain bullcrap.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:36 am

Post by armlx »

It's not that he was trying to start a wagon again, it's just the fact he was using almost entirely the same evidence as from the original wagon - most of which can be fairly dismissed as already having been explained away, or just plain bullcrap.
But the first wagon almost resulted in a lynch, and only barely fizzled. How is the evidence suddenly irrel.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:20 am

Post by sekinj »

armlx wrote:
But the first wagon almost resulted in a lynch, and only barely fizzled. How is the evidence suddenly irrel.
Maybe you'll find that out if you keep reading. Also, it's not like you replaced in recently. You should have been keeping up with the game for a while now.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:23 am

Post by armlx »

Maybe you'll find that out if you keep reading. Also, it's not like you replaced in recently. You should have been keeping up with the game for a while now.
Moving into college is going to interfere with my rereading tonight or tomorrow.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:34 am

Post by sekinj »

armlx wrote:
Moving into college is going to interfere with my rereading tonight or tomorrow.
Great. I hope it interfers with you posting irrelevant content as well.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:50 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Mod: Please replace me. School's starting again, and I just won't be able to keep up with this game.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:03 am

Post by armlx »

Great. I hope it interfers with you posting irrelevant content as well.
:roll:
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:57 am

Post by sekinj »

@armlx - great. you've gone from irrelevant content to no content. nice.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:59 am

Post by Crazy »

I find it ironic that you're the one nitpicking about irrelevant content.
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:00 am

Post by SleepyPanda »

sekinj wrote:@armlx - great. you've gone from irrelevant content to no content. nice.
Coming from the person who's last 5-6 posts are one liners with no content as well.

Why are you so adverse to having him post early game content? When you build a case on someone, do you skip over all Day 1 posts?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:26 am

Post by armlx »

Why are you so adverse to having him post early game content? When you build a case on someone, do you skip over all Day 1 posts?
This is still my stance towards those criticizing me for my recent posts.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:34 am

Post by Battle Mage »

sekinj wrote:@armlx - great. you've gone from irrelevant content to no content. nice.
Agreed. Is it policy lynch time yet?

Vote: Armlx

BM

*PS: Hope he doesn't turn out to be my Lover. rofl!
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:35 am

Post by armlx »

Where did you come from? I'm confused.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:40 am

Post by sekinj »

@Crazy: Point taken, I saw this coming. However, there is a difference between joking and bringing up expired issues to confuse the current topics. One is neutral the other is not pro-town.

@sleepy: because he is asking the same questions and bringing up the same points we've been over a million times. If he wants to do it one big block, I really don't have a problem with that, but to bring up old stuff post after post and force the rest of us to re-read questions and answers we've already been over is not getting us anywhere. If he did it in one big block, he could answer half of his own questions along the way. I welcome armiz of anyone to bring up NEW points from Day 1, but this game is huge enough as it it without re-hashing everything we've already done.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:47 am

Post by Crazy »

sekinj wrote:@Crazy: Point taken, I saw this coming. However, there is a difference between joking and bringing up expired issues to confuse the current topics. One is neutral the other is not pro-town.
I was referring to your case against me that one time, saying that I was making up the scum-tell when I had already posted what I thought it was.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”