elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:50 am

Post by elvis_knits »

How did you go from asking people their reasons for voting me because you saw no case on me, to thinking I am extremely scummy?
reborn537 wrote: I knew that several people thought you were scum, although they refused to tell me why. Considering the fact that more people think you are scum than there are likely to be scum in the game, a couple of them at least are genuine townies with genuine reasons on you. That's why I moved my vote to you.
reborn wrote:I think EK is the right play because she is extremely scummy
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:50 am

Post by farside22 »

Brian: Hey, do you hear that?
Peter: What?
Brian: Sounds like someone's screaming.
Peter: What? What is it boy? What are you trying to say?
Brian: It sounds like Loretta is screaming.
Peter: Trouble at the old mill?
Brian: What are you insane?
Peter: Somebody fall through the ice?
Brian: It's summer.
Peter: Bobcat?
Brian: RURURURURURU!!!
Peter: Loretta's in trouble?! Come on boy!

vote count:

reborn537 1 votes: (Save the Dragons)
thinktank 2 vote: (babygirl, LlamaFluff)
Elvis Knits 5 vote: (thinktank, RestFermata, Inspector Godot, GhostWriter, reborn537)

Kmd 1 vote: (Elvis_Knit)

Not voting:

xtoxm
kloud1516
Kmd4390

With 12 people it take 7 votes for lynch
Day 1 ends August 29th, 11:00am PST.

As it stand deadline stays for Aug 29th, 11:00am PST
Last edited by farside22 on Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Is IG voting TT or EK?

fixed
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

I believe I have seen kloud browsing this forum multiple times today and not posting (and I don't think he's in another game in coney island).
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by reborn537 »

TT isn't scummy. IG tried to start a wagon a few pages ago and it got thrown out because it was stupid, remember? That led to IG's claim. LF, what you're unwittingly trying to do here is force a claim from someone who has acted pro-town.

He has been lurking a bit, I suppose, I'd rather hear from him about it first though.
The quick-hammer is no longer scummy. I'm taking it back.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

IG is voting EK.

The VC is a little worng.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

elvis_knits wrote:I believe I have seen kloud browsing this forum multiple times today and not posting (and I don't think he's in another game in coney island).
Hmm.

I think that's as good an option as any.

Vote Kloud
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Reborn - You're point about only losing a vanilla is not valid. IMO anyway.

It's not about minimizing loss for the town.

It's about lynching who you think is scum.

I don't not think EK is scum (I did before, i've changed my mind).

Yes, we run the risk of outing/lynching power roles.

It has to be done. Scum aren't gonna lie down and take it.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Wow...
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

What?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:19 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Xtoxm wrote: we run the risk of outing/lynching power roles.

It has to be done.
seriously?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Um...Yes...Seriously...Why is what I said surprising you...
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

You are willing to risk lynching and outing more power roles on Day 1?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Kmd4390 wrote:You are willing to risk
outing more power roles and even lynch them
on Day 1?
edit: in bold
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Yes.

We have to lynch who we think is scum.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by reborn537 »

I agree with this, but your logic of "she claimed vanilla and is therefore town" makes no sense.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

reborn537 wrote:I agree with this, but your logic of "she claimed vanilla and is therefore town" makes no sense.
I think it makes sense, while I would rather lynch EK over you or IG right now, I would rather lose the lovers or go for TT/no lynch today. It seems my attempts at getting this point across are futle though.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:19 pm

Post by reborn537 »

How does it make sense? It's WIFOM.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by kloud1516 »

elvis_knits wrote:I believe I have seen kloud browsing this forum multiple times today and not posting (and I don't think he's in another game in coney island).
Yeah, sorry everyone, as I have been repeatedly saying I am extremely busy IRL and have very limited access on weekdays. Unfortunately, that meant that I have been rushing to try to get to games and, in the process, have missed others. I am trying to get my schedule worked out so I can get back into all my games, and I think I am almost there.

And, EK, just for the record I am currently in two other games in Coney Island.

I am going to address what I feel I need to address now. I know this will be out of chronological order (in regards to EK's post/my response and the rest of the posts I am about to respond to.)

First off:
LlamaFluff in 715 wrote:
reborn537 wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:Reborn, why are you avoiding llama's question.

I think I believe EK's claim but I don't like the suggestion that all vanilla are chris. It opens up a fake claim for scum to just say "you can't counterclaim, there are more than one of this character."
I'm not avoiding it, I've been very clear that I don't know EK's alignment.
Thats avoiding it. I have been saying "I think EK is town". You have been saying "I cant see the future". There is a distinct difference there, while I am committing to a stance, you keep avoiding commenting on what you percieve EKs alignment to be. "I hope he is scum", "I dont know", "Im not scum, how should I know" are not answers that work for this question.
reborn537 in post 716 wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:I am at the point where the only feaseable options I see are no lynch or a lurker lynch. I think no lynch is the best option though given that just about all of the popular suspects have been forced to claim.

I think EK is town, I think reborn is town. IG is probally town with a few nagging suspicions after his last post. I think one of the lovers is scum, but no one seems willing to go for that today. That leaves a lot of people I have been leaning pro-town or at worse 45/55 scum on, of which I really dont think any make for a great lynching candidate.
I don't like Xtoxm's recent behaviour. I'm convinced that one of the lovers is scum, as both of them have been extremely scummy.

A lurker lynch is also fine with me, as I think this is a game that really requires participation. The people who have contributed less have really gotten away with murder. But who is that? BG is being replaced, STD is VLA, so I don't advocate either of these as a lurker lynch (although if we lynch the lovers obviously we'll have to discuss it carefully first). Noone really stands out as lurking.
Okay, in post 715 LF gives you an example or paraphrasing of what he means by you dodging the question of whether or not you feel EK is scum or not. The immediately succeeding post, your post 716, does not even address what LF just commented on, which makes me begin to feel that you are/were indeed purposefully avoiding to comment on the topic for the time being.
reborn537 wrote:There are certain things that we probably disagree over, which is why I'm not going to talk any further on the EK thing.
I see this as an attempt to simply bury the conversation, even after to have not responded the initial question.
reborn537 wrote:I'm pretty convinced I have pushed it. I think EK is the right play because she is extremely scummy, giving us a good chance of lynching scum, and if she was telling the truth, then we only lose a vanilla townie. The chance of lynching scum outweighs the risk of losing a vanilla townie and this is why an EK lynch is preferable to a no lynch. The lynch of an unconfirmed is always preferable to a no lynch. To you guys, I should be a better lynch than a no lynch, and I think you need to realise that.
Okay, so you answer the question. Why not just do this when first asked, for I feel that this would have helped to steer clear of frustration and confusion, both for you and to those that were asking you about your suspicions. :D
elvis_knits wrote:How did you go from asking people their reasons for voting me because you saw no case on me, to thinking I am extremely scummy?
reborn537 wrote: I knew that several people thought you were scum, although they refused to tell me why. Considering the fact that more people think you are scum than there are likely to be scum in the game, a couple of them at least are genuine townies with genuine reasons on you. That's why I moved my vote to you.
reborn wrote:I think EK is the right play because she is extremely scummy
Lastly, EK poses this question to you. I find it interesting that this is a dramatic difference in tone/thought, and the two ideas are only several posts (of yours) away from each other (if I am not mistaken). I also find it interesting that you have yet to comment on it.

I haven't really had strong scum vibes on you thus far. I cannot say exactly why this was so, so I should probably look back and see, but even with the content I quoted above I am leaning towards you being town for now.
EGMEOY
though.

I still have my suspicions of BG for the same reasons as earlier, so I would not be opposed to lynching her. This being said, my suspicions of xtoxm have waned considerably since the earlier pages of the thread, and I feel that he may helpful when scumhunting later on down the road. I am not really understanding the TT lynch proposition, so could someone explain it to me please?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

That is a good post.

Unvote

I cannot explain it as I am against it and do not understand it myself.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

The TT thing started out as a pressure vote and then a bandwagon vote. Now it is a lurker case. There really isn't much more to it that I know of.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by thinktank »

unvote

vote: Babygirl

There is a very good chance one of the lovers is scum if not both of them. If neither of you are scum, you've played this game in an interesting manner to say the least. I don't think that lynching players who have come off as protown need to be lynched due to a lack of better options. I know many of you are going to call me on flip flopping, as you should, but after doing a readthrough of posts made by players babygirl is by far the best lynch at this point.

Llama: You need to talk less. You're not helping at all.. No lynch? Seriously?
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Well THANK GOD for you TT. Finally someone sane comes to the table. Can you imagine my desperation through the last couple of pages while I'm been surrounded by madmen?
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

thinktank wrote:Llama: You need to talk less. You're not helping at all.. No lynch? Seriously?
You would rather lynch reborn, IG and me instead of no lynching? While no lynch isnt the best thing we can accomplish today it sure beats lynching a claimed power role that you believe. I can get behind the lover lynch just because in isolation both of the players appear to be good scum picks.

I dont see no lynch being the worst thing we can accompish today, and would prefer it to a EK lynch for afformentioned reasons. I also dont really appreciate shooting down the no lynch idea in that way, as a town we have completely gone haywire here and seem to be bouncing around and making a bad situation worse and worse. Most of the suggested targets are now town in my book, RF, GW, kmd, STD I think shouldnt be the lynchee today, leaves you, lovers and no lynch in my mind.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Llama, what are your thoughts on TT and Kloud? These are the only two players who you didn't mention with that last post.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”