Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:02 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Perhaps he would grace us with his presence or logic.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by PokerFace »

SpyreX wrote:Well, I was gonna chime in on LG, but that started, developed and finished too quick to get a word in edgewise. :)

Although I guess I do have to change something - I was going to target PF tonight just to prove at minimum I have the role I said I do, but it sounds like you have some method to actually get your cigs so back to the drawing board.
Well I'm probably making it simplier than it looks actually, but to make a long story short, based on how people have claimed and reacted to knowledge of my search so far, the tobaconist can only be one person. And if its not them then its got to be based on how i ask the question. If it is the person i think it is then the situation is solved otherwise I'd say i'm barely a 3rd of the way on figuring out the proper question. And that's being optimistic, but I guess I will try one thing different...

I will not say who i'm going to target so this request goes out to everybody for now, but basically should anybody hearing this get aproached by a perverted phrase tonight, I would like you to respond as though you had cigarettes and a book of matches for me (Both of those items)
. Try offering them to me during the night like Mirth did earlier.
Mirth wrote:EBWOP. I'm also going to try an experiment.

Pokerface
if you are looking for a specific role, it is probably not me. But I'm going to try this anyway, since no one who bothered commenting objected. I will sell you cigarettes/matches/a lighter/cigars/a pipe with tobacco/nicorette gum.

Now then, did anything happen after I said that?
I doubt this idea is going to work, but if it does I won't complain.

Based on balance of how two kill protections would work and what allignment would suit a role with that considering what kills we have seen so far, I am now becoming uncertain. I doubt he is Mafia because the protection would not be needed to stop mafia kills. I have never seen a scum group able to kill one of their own. So that basically means he is either Town or SK or some crazy cult variant. This would make sence with my oppinion that if he is mafia, his scum buddies are not coaching him well. I try to coach my scum buddies during the night if I feel they need it whenever I'm scum. And if I was scum with Chenshi, I would definatly have tried to coach him some. He has been scummy so far and I can not think of a better lynch right now so I gues i'm ok with it.

@The Internet,

The Internet wrote:Seeing whats happened so far, I think it is adviseable to lynch chenshi today. However, he is at L-1, and though he is the best candidate for lynching, I feel that he has not dropped any major scumtells and not that many monor ones, so I'm not comfortable hammering him.
So you think he should be lynched, but you don't want to be on the wagon?

And also as far as
Jesters
are concerned
Strappado
I would not be surprised to see one in the setup. Whenever I see someone claim Jester I always lynch them straight up immediatly. Why? well they are always 1 of 2 things:
a) They are scum trying to badly fake claim and some how avoid a lynch
b) They really are a Jester. I rarely see this, but it does happen.
One thing is for certain. They are not town. No townie would ever claim Jester, I see no reason for it. Whenever I have seen a Jester lynched in a large game, the game will always continue. Basically Town and scum can still both win along with the Jester. Just because the Jester wins, does not mean you loose.
They are gauranteed not to be town and you are gauranteed not to loose immediatly for lynching them.
So I see no reason not to lynch them. Some people consider the suggesting of Jesters in a setup as being a scumtell alone. I am not easily sold on that idea since its only merit would be if that scumo is trying to find something safe to claim, and its certainly not safe or harmful as far as I'm concerned. So let's quit spooking people on this matter strappado we'll deal with this bridge should we ever cross it.

Anybody able to think of anything else to discuss while we wait and see in Chenshi has any last words and or a video for us?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

61 posts site wide since his last post here. Lynch!

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Logic? Good luck. I agree with LG, lets hammertime and get this done with.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:39 am

Post by strappado »

whatever poker, you're such a tool. I wasn't "spooking" anyone, just asking a question.
Yes, let's lynch the chens
If it would make everyone more comfortable, I'm more than willing to unvote and let you all pile on and I'll hammer.
http://strappado.mybrute.com
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:52 am

Post by farside22 »

unvote:
vote: Chensi

By the way please if I die reread my post for any indications that I left behind.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:13 am

Post by shaft.ed »

The man in black sees the final vote cast, and tries to slip out the back door. You hear the familiar ratcheting of gears in the back of the warehouse. Once you all notice chenhsi trying to slip away, he picks up the pace his armor clinking with each stride. He didn't chose the best path however. As he strode across bloodied X on the floor, the colonel called out:
the colonel wrote:Now, drop the weight. Come on get on with hit.
The weight came down shortening chenhsi from a 6 foot knight to fraction of an inch spot on the ground. With the gears clinking loudly, the weight is lifted off of the floor to an unexpected surprise. Instead of one blood-stained black spot, there are three bright red splotches, they almost look like Cardinals.
the colonel wrote: I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition.
However, rifliing through one of the three splotches pockets' you notice an ID for a one Cardinal Fang, it also indicates that he was a member of the subversive Evil Egocentric Characters.

chenshi, The Spanish Inquisition Unexpected Goon and member of the Evil Egocentric Characters has been lynched.

Vote Count:

chenhsi
(7) farside22, imaginality, strappado, SpyreX, TheSweatpantsNinja, Lord Gurgi, elvis_knits

killa seven
(1) Azimuth

Not Voting:
Pokerface, killa seven, Muerrto, The Internet, chenhsi

Get night choices in promptly, I'll set a deadline if needed.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:49 am

Post by shaft.ed »

the coloenel wrote:Now, that was a rather short sleep period. Allright let's get everyone together then, I still smell silliness in the air ten, nine, eight and all that.
You all starting migrating back towards the warehouse set. Not everyone is there but there are a few stragglers due to the early morning rise. A scream from the back of the room startles you:
Oh my! Someone has taken the comfy chair again. I really wanted to sit in that. It's so comfortable. Bastards!
It dawns on you what that means. Why would the comfy chair be used again if the Spanish Inquisition were dead? Anyway you all begin your search for the comfy chair, it is really comfortable after all.

You search high and low, to and fro and finally you see it sitting out in the parking lat facing the exit. From the pointy sallet sticking out of the top of the chair you realize someone must be sitting in it, by why out in the parking lot? Coming closer you notice rope tied around the chair. It is clearly SpyreX in his suit of armor. He looks peaceful but does not respond to your voice or being slapped in the face with a large herring. I guess he was a French Taunter too. You check his pockets and sure enough he has his Union ID on him.

SpyreX, French Tuanter, Role Attractor and member of the Character's Union has sat to death in the comfy chair.

You take a roll call back in the warehouse after carrying back the comfy chair. Everyone else seems to be alive.

the colonel wrote:Now, let's get on with this. Let's get voting then ten, nine, eight and all that.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:55 am

Post by shaft.ed »

OK with 11 alive it is 6 to lynch or No Lynch.

Deadline will be 33 days from this post.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:57 am

Post by farside22 »

vote: The internet

FOS: Azimuth
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:57 am

Post by strappado »

Good Morning!! Oh it feels so good to be rid of lurker chenhsi, what a breath of fresh air! :-)

Although, that leaves me wondering where to go to today, he was really good about not connecting himself with anyone. Anybody have any huge reveals from the night phase we can discuss?
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:58 am

Post by strappado »

oh...simul-post. Good Morning farside! Why the vote on internet?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:01 am

Post by farside22 »

Well I already stated my suspicions on both people. Azimuth is a real close second considering yesterday as we were talking about votes on people he stated he didn't vote for DBE, but he didn't vote for IM either. Well guess what his vote wasn't on chenhsi either. That is 2 scum down with no vote from him on either.

I'm doing a quick analysis based on just the last vote count to get a general idea on people, but there really isn't that much to go on looking at it. Mostly I noticed both the internet and Azimuth never voted for the scum either day.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:17 am

Post by strappado »

Anybody have a better feel on muerrto today?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

@Strappado and K7,
do you feel the need to discuss what you did last night?

Also my brain offically hurts bad. That idea of mine failed I am offically out of ideas and I highly doubt the tobaconist even exists considering so many have said they did not have cigs and matches during the day or during the night. I have every player checked off my list with respect to who said no during the day or during the night, or who claimed a role that wasn't the tobaconist. I propositioned/courted with imaginality/Jordan last night.

Elvis night 1 response translated as:
The Mother has Elephant ankles!

The Internet's night 2 translated as:
The Sister's buttocks gets more visitors than the Eifel Tower!

imaginality/Jordan's night 3 response translated as:
The Father's pants stand pink and lustrious

If any body has an idea as to what these phrases mean I'd be glad to hear it. For now it just looks like Shaft.ed is trying to make a wierd new version of The Aristocrats Joke.
Anyone with an answer to where the tobacconist is please come forward. I would also apreciate anyone making heads or tales out of the three phrases I listed. I wish I knew hungarian exactly so that perhaps this entire endevor would be easier.

@imaginality/Jordan,
please
paraphase
to me what you heard me say to you and what you responded back with. I assume you don't have cigs and matches for me?

Also does anyone see crumbs on who SpyreX made as his target?
It was me before these posts and so I see no crumbs really.
SpyreX wrote:Well, I was gonna chime in on LG, but that started, developed and finished too quick to get a word in edgewise. :)

Although I guess I do have to change something - I was going to target PF tonight just to prove at minimum I have the role I said I do, but it sounds like you have some method to actually get your cigs so back to the drawing board.
SpyreX wrote:Logic? Good luck. I agree with LG, lets hammertime and get this done with.
Also on chenshi the Name Cardinal Fang was found. The comfy chair is back in use some how. I recall the names of the other spainish cardnals as being Cardinal Biggles and Cardinal Xemphis (sp?). The two of them may also be in the game if the chair is still in use on a Real Second Town Taunter too.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:32 am

Post by farside22 »

I read the hungarian scene and I get the impression on reading it that the hungarian doesn't really know what he want's or what he is saying is just weird. Here was that link. I'm going to see if I find anything on what you have poker.

http://orangecow.org/pythonet/sketches/hungry.htm
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:53 am

Post by farside22 »

Well I did as much as I could in the research department. I'm wonding if there is a tobaconist or if that person is scum. Seems like to me reading the scene well I don't know if I should say what I think actually on this. If the tobacconist is scum I don't want to show my hand on my thoughts now.
Azimuth
Azimuth
Goon
Azimuth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:28 am

Post by Azimuth »

I have no wisdom to offer regarding tobacco or Hungarian.

So, two French Taunters after all, one town and one mafia? Our mod is close to being naughty in my sight.

As soon as chenhsi came up mafia I wondered whether someone might go after whoever didn't vote for him. Frankly, if I were mafia and had a partner as useless as he was I'd make darn sure I was on his bandwagon by the end of the day, but that goes into WIFOM, of course.

I suppose one idea might be to go back and see who was especially distressed by chenhsi's play style early on; that might be an indication of partnership, if a weak one.

BTW, farside22: why do you say I "never voted for the scum either day"? Do you know for sure that killa seven is town? How? I'm still wondering about him, among others I've mentioned.
It's been a busy year, but I want to be back someday.
Oh, and...WAR KITTENS??
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:32 am

Post by farside22 »

Azimuth wrote:I have no wisdom to offer regarding tobacco or Hungarian.

So, two French Taunters after all, one town and one mafia? Our mod is close to being naughty in my sight.

As soon as chenhsi came up mafia I wondered whether someone might go after whoever didn't vote for him. Frankly, if I were mafia and had a partner as useless as he was I'd make darn sure I was on his bandwagon by the end of the day, but that goes into WIFOM, of course.

I suppose one idea might be to go back and see who was especially distressed by chenhsi's play style early on; that might be an indication of partnership, if a weak one.

BTW, farside22: why do you say I "never voted for the scum either day"? Do you know for sure that killa seven is town? How? I'm still wondering about him, among others I've mentioned.
I'm talking about the two that we lynched and shown as scum. Nice try though. :roll:
Azimuth
Azimuth
Goon
Azimuth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Azimuth »

Well, after looking at the first part of the game, it seems that Mirth and SpyreX were the first ones to call attention to chenhsi, then several people got in on the act. (So much for that idea.) I did notice that killa seven threw out a vote against chen with no further comment, but since I already suspect him I may have been biased towards finding it.

@farside22: I only "tried" to clarify your potentially misleading description of the situation, and I succeeded.
It's been a busy year, but I want to be back someday.
Oh, and...WAR KITTENS??
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:30 am

Post by The Internet »

farside22 wrote:

Just as expected. I'm guessing you will add not being in on another scum lynch to your list. I'm sorry, but I was uncomfortable hammering. Now please reply to my argument in full that I have posted several pages back.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:44 am

Post by imaginality »

PokerFace, I did indeed receive your message during the night: paraphrasing a bit, you complimented me on the sleekness of my body hair by comparing me positively to a farmyard animal.

No, I don't actually have cigs and matches for you, but I responded as though I did as per your suggestion in post 1301. Sorry that it didn't work out... I think it's looking increasingly likely that your role is for amusement value only... which it certainly provides. :D
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:56 am

Post by farside22 »

The Internet wrote:
farside22 wrote:

Just as expected. I'm guessing you will add not being in on another scum lynch to your list. I'm sorry, but I was uncomfortable hammering. Now please reply to my argument in full that I have posted several pages back.
Just went back and read your agruement. Also noted chenshi was #3 on your scum list and your constant I don't feel comfortable with lynching chenshi comments. I see about 4 comments that can be looked at as you defending chenshi. For eveyone's amusement I bring you quotes from the internet in regards to Chenshi lynch.
Of those, I think Chenshi is the least scummy,but still must be considered. I also would not discount Chenshi being mafia, because he be not listening or being bussed. Before you leap at me for not listing K7, I was unclear about he did N1, but It has been clarified for me. Also, to those listing me on their list, have you read my posts in my defense? Also, to PF specifically, what do you mean by the softclaim?
I'm think of voting, but I'm worried about lynching another townie. I'd wait for chenshi's reply, but that would happen only slightly before the heat death of the universe. I''l let the town discuss for a real life day or so before voting.
You have to remember that chenshi might be lying about his role. After all, the black knight is a fairly well known character. Also, PF, have you used your "ace" yet?
Seeing whats happened so far, I think it is adviseable to lynch chenshi today. However, he is at L-1, and though he is the best candidate for lynching, I feel that he has not dropped any major scumtells and not that many monor ones, so I'm not comfortable hammering him.

#2 is wishy washy at best. The oh he could be lying and I'm now seeing the K-7 looking scummy comment that seems to be trying to show K-7 as scum for reasons based of what happened with IM. The forth one shows again how blah he was with the lynch of chenshi.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:51 am

Post by The Internet »

farside22 wrote:
The Internet wrote:
farside22 wrote:

Just went back and read your agruement. Also noted chenshi was #3 on your scum list and your constant I don't feel comfortable with lynching chenshi comments. I see about 4 comments that can be looked at as you defending chenshi. For eveyone's amusement I bring you quotes from the internet in regards to Chenshi lynch.
Of those, I think Chenshi is the least scummy,but still must be considered. I also would not discount Chenshi being mafia, because he be not listening or being bussed. Before you leap at me for not listing K7, I was unclear about he did N1, but It has been clarified for me. Also, to those listing me on their list, have you read my posts in my defense? Also, to PF specifically, what do you mean by the softclaim?
I'm think of voting, but I'm worried about lynching another townie. I'd wait for chenshi's reply, but that would happen only slightly before the heat death of the universe. I''l let the town discuss for a real life day or so before voting.
You have to remember that chenshi might be lying about his role. After all, the black knight is a fairly well known character. Also, PF, have you used your "ace" yet?
Seeing whats happened so far, I think it is adviseable to lynch chenshi today. However, he is at L-1, and though he is the best candidate for lynching, I feel that he has not dropped any major scumtells and not that many monor ones, so I'm not comfortable hammering him.

#2 is wishy washy at best. The oh he could be lying and I'm now seeing the K-7 looking scummy comment that seems to be trying to show K-7 as scum for reasons based of what happened with IM. The forth one shows again how blah he was with the lynch of chenshi.
My scum list was not in numerical order. And I'm sorry, but I was actually undecided about chenshi. By the end I was sure enough to vote for him, but not sure enough to hammer.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:58 am

Post by farside22 »

I give you not a number list, but your own quote. Chew on it.
The Internet wrote:Alright I'm back, and here's my scum list
Muerrto (oddly selective scumhunting patterns, keeps trying to dodge questions with semantics)
TheSweatpantsNinja (Wishy washy votes which appear to attempt to start or join bandwagons)
chenshi(what else? lurking and contradictions)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”