Tommy
Tommy
Goon
Tommy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:11 am

Post by Tommy »

Lowell wrote:@Tommy's94- iamausername claimed miller becuase he thought it was the right thing to do. When asked for flavor, he gave some. Generally speaking, those who at this point are STILL clamoring for more flavor are not doing the town any favors. More flavor only makes things easier for scum should they decide to fake-claim in the future. The way TM casually brought that up, implying he wanted to draw more out of the claim, is NOT pro-town.
There was nothing about TonyMontana's post "clamoring for more flavor", or "implying he wanted to draw more out of the claim". You've made that up, just as you made up suggestions on his part to lynch, counter-claim and fake-claim. I think you're waging a truly see-through propaganda war against him in the hope of a mislynch. You're also ignoring questions from Elias_the_thief.

##Vote Lowell
Tommy
Tommy
Goon
Tommy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:19 am

Post by Tommy »

Mod
, Lowell's vote is on crywolf, not himself.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:57 am

Post by Lowell »

Lame. Vote someone else, already. If my case is a stretch, yours is even more of one.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

Lowell wrote:@elias- regardless of their primary goal, no scumgroup is going to want a miller around at endgame. So he'd have to be AWFULLY certain there are no other scumgroups than his to make such a claim on page 1.
A miller helps scum since they are automatically suspect (even if claimed d1).
The above written statement is pro-town.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by Darox »

##Vote: Lowell

Haven't liked his play at the start and this attack on tony is starting to look more and more of a stretch.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:30 am

Post by gorckat »

Vote Count

crywolf (4):
iamausername, bionic, Ythill, Lowell,
Lowell (4):
TonyMontana, Elias, Tommy, Darox
Ythill:
Rashiminos

Not voting (3):
crywolf, Westbrook, fhqwhgads

**Still working Westbrook's replacement, should have one within 24 hours**
Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:12 am

Post by Rashiminos »

I don't get around the thread for awhile, and when I do, large posts come out.
Lowell wrote:@Tony- without looking back, IIRC your post in response to user's miller claim was something like "Well, I personally am inclined to agree. But everyone should make up his or her mind. If anyone wants to
VOTE
for
IAMAUSERNAME
I wouldn't be opposed to that
VOTE
on
IAMAUSERNAME
, even though I, personally, would never dream of
VOTE
ing for
IAMAUSERNAME
."

@all- as for my post about wanting a lot of people dead, let me explain. I said that because I want a lot of people dead. Not
everyone
, mind you, just... you know.... most people. All the scum, and some of the more useless townsfolk. Just me and maybe one or two others remaining. Is Britney Spears (circa 1999) in this game? She can stay.
Lowell wrote:
TonyMontana wrote:Well, I guess it's kinda redundant, whether we imagine he was investigated or not.
We really just have to decide for ourself if we believe user is a miller. Personally, I think he is, but it's a sticky situation, seeing as there's no way to confirm it other than a lynch. Or, heaven forbid, someone counter-claims.

Truth be told, this is the first game I've heard of the role, had to look up the wiki to find out what a miller was, so I don't know how usual the role is. The more frequent milllers appear in games, the less likely it would be for user to be a scum. (ie, doesnt have much risk of a counterclaim)

Nonetheless, I think claiming initially was a good move, if for nothing else than to kick-start the game.

The flavor seemed plausible as well..
Here is the post. It's dumber than I remember. He suggests, at various times: lynching, counterclaiming, fake-claiming, metagaming, flavor-testing.

This post reeks of tony trying to bait someone else into opposing the claim.
You have utterly misrepresented post 46. Let me review what I think Tony said there:

A roles is found out when someone dies (in this case because of a lynch)
A second miller claim, as had been worked above, would seem unlikely, so if there was a counter-claim, we'd be most likely lynching one of the "millers." If iamausername is scum, he would be fake-claiming.

If you missed it, several other people have been involved in the metagame discussion of claiming miller day 1.

I asked about the role flavor since I thought that if iamausername was scum, he had a chance to screw up his claim by doing it wrong.

TM's post was a summary of the points discussed until TM's post on page 2 to which he added his opinion. Your attempt to twist it into a baiting trap is not well-founded.

What do you think the rest of the town sees from your actions thus far? Why do you suggest we lynch unhelpful townies?

In my opinion, you haven't been helpful. I've been leaning to the explanation that it's because you're scum since the post defending iamausername's claim with craplogic.

Onto other matters (I'm going through the posts in order).
Ythill wrote: Add to them the fact that wolf calls position changing a scumtell in #96 while she's doing it herself, as well as arguing that an FoS is not "pushing the wagon".

@wolf: If quickly changing stances is a known scumtell, why would you do it as town?
Mind telling me which part of 96 you think she calls a change of stance a scumtell?
Lowell wrote:
##unvote, ##vote crywolf
. Bandwagoning. I don't think we'll get much of a read out of her unless she feels the pressure.
Bandwagonning on the other popular lynch candidate on the premise of getting a read when other people have cited crywolf's suggestion of the cop outting himself/herself and misrepresentations makes Lowell seem scummier to me.

May I ask if you (Lowell) suspect anyone else at the present?
Lowell wrote:@Tommy's94- iamausername claimed miller becuase he thought it was the right thing to do. When asked for flavor, he gave some. Generally speaking, those who at this point are STILL clamoring for more flavor are not doing the town any favors. More flavor only makes things easier for scum should they decide to fake-claim in the future. The way TM casually brought that up, implying he wanted to draw more out of the claim, is NOT pro-town.
For the record, who are you accusing of asking for more flavor after iamausername claimed Piano Teacher?
Darox wrote:

Haven't liked his play at the start and this attack on tony is starting to look more and more of a stretch.
I'm not a big fan of posts appearing to change in meaning unless you can provide some outside support for such an assertion.

IGMEOY: Darox

===========================

Alright, Ythill has still not talked about what "option c" is in relation to the iamausername claim. The rest of the players seem content with focusing on this wolf/lowell situation, and while some players seem a little fishy in their particular reasons for joining the voting lists, by-and-large I agree that one of wolf/Lowell is scum.

Furthermore, I think only one of the pair is scum, and the other would like the village idiot defense to come in and save them from taking responsibility for his/her posts. It usually doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me that the top two lynch candidates are both scum when the scum are given ample opportunity to not stick their necks out and also to bus associates suspected by the town, which may or may not be occurring by the present votes.

Lowell seems bent on asserting iamausername's claim to the rest of us, and then asserting Tony's reasonable doubt is baiting us into a trap. Lowell, if town, would seem to be deluding himself into trusting iamausername too much. If Lowell is scum, than he can be confident in his knowledge about iamausername, ie 100%.

I'm not liking the reasons on the wolf wagon (bandwagonning, the FoS on Tony, Ythill's voting before getting an answer to whether stance-change is a scumtell) with the exception of bionicchop's accusation of rolefishing.

My vote on Ythill was to get him to talk about "option C."

We can return to this at a later time.

##Unvote: Ythill
Show
Completed Games:
Newbie: 459, 625(replace), 642
Mini: 659

[i]Ralph, the Driv3r.[/i]
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:55 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

iamausername wrote:QFT (that means Quoted For Truth, FYI (that means For Your Information)).
I was told by my friends that it ment Quit Fucking Talking, which is why there is a huge miss understanding.
Thank you for claifying it.
Lowell wrote:
##unvote, ##vote crywolf.
Bandwagoning. I don't think we'll get much of a read out of her unless she feels the pressure.
What are you trying to get out of me? You of all people won't get anything out of me because you've been pretty much been a hardass since the first vote was laid on your head.

And since you were so kind to bandwagon on me, I shall return the favor.

## Vote: Lowell
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:55 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Edit: misunderstanding not miss understanding. X.x

Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:15 am

Post by Ythill »

Don't have much time this morning but I can answer some stuff...

@Rash: Thank you for dropping (c) until later. I will offer full disclosure when it is no longer harmful to the town.
Rash wrote:Mind telling me which part of 96 you think she calls a change of stance a scumtell?
In looking it up, I have realized that "calls" is maybe a bit too much. She certainly eludes to it, suggesting (IMO) that she thinks it is. Which means the same thing in the context of my accusation. Anyway, here's the quote...
wolf wrote:I perticually don't like this post, and you were also quick to defend Tony in post 90 as well, but in post 68 (sorry none of these are linked) you told Tony to shut the hell up. Why the change in heart?
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:44 am

Post by Rashiminos »

Ythill wrote:@Rash: Thank you for dropping (c) until later. I will offer full disclosure when it is no longer harmful to the town.
Rash wrote:Mind telling me which part of 96 you think she calls a change of stance a scumtell?
In looking it up, I have realized that "calls" is maybe a bit too much. She certainly eludes to it, suggesting (IMO) that she thinks it is. Which means the same thing in the context of my accusation. Anyway, here's the quote...
wolf wrote:I perticually don't like this post, and you were also quick to defend Tony in post 90 as well, but in post 68 (sorry none of these are linked) you told Tony to shut the hell up. Why the change in heart?
I think crywolf should clarify why she asked Tommy about the "change in heart" even though it seems evident that her reason for doing so was a misunderstanding of what "QFT" meant.

You probably mean "allude" as opposed to "elude." Eluding is something criminals try to do when running from the police.

Side comment: Not all acronyms need to have profanity in them.
Show
Completed Games:

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:18 am

Post by iamausername »

OK, I was considering changing my vote to Darox for some pretty shameless bandwagoning on Lowell, but then crywolf went and OMGUSed him to L-1. Other Lowell voters, are you entirely content with this situation?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:13 am

Post by Rashiminos »

My vote is still fine where it is in that it is on the person I find to be scummier.

My village idiot comment still holds...
Show
Completed Games:

Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:19 am

Post by Rashiminos »

EBWOP: As long as I'm here, might as well suggest that Lowell should claim.
Show
Completed Games:

Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

##unvote

this wagon went way to fast for my liking, and lowell hasnt even got around to answering my initial questions. Lets just slow it down a bit, and look more carefully at everyone voting lowell.
I play the games rul gud.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:19 am

Post by Lowell »

##unvote, ## vote rash
. I ain't claimin', bro. This wagon is too poor.
Tommy
Tommy
Goon
Tommy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:26 am

Post by Tommy »

Elias_the_thief wrote:lowell hasnt even got around to answering my initial questions.
That's part of the case against him. Rashiminos's post 141 can also now be added to the pile of vain attempts to engage Lowell in debate.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:07 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Elias_the_thief wrote:
##unvote

this wagon went way to fast for my liking, and lowell hasnt even got around to answering my initial questions. Lets just slow it down a bit, and look more carefully at everyone voting lowell.
Well he doesn't seem to be willing to respond to lots of things, but we're in no rush to lynch, lots of daylight left...
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by Rashiminos »

TonyMontana wrote:
Elias_the_thief wrote:
##unvote

Well he doesn't seem to be willing to respond to lots of things, but we're in no rush to lynch, lots of daylight left...
Well, it seems Lowell has decided not to talk and it also seems wolf is just content to vote the other guy. Do you have any suggestions for conversation to bring up?

Since Elias suggested we look at people voting Lowell, maybe he could go first.
Show
Completed Games:

gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by gorckat »

Vote Count

Lowell (5):
TonyMontana, Tommy, Darox, Rashiminos, crywolf
crywolf (3):
iamausername, bionic, Ythill,
Rashiminos:
Lowell

Not voting (3):
Westbrook, fhqwhgads, Elias
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by crywolf20084 »

iamausername wrote:OK, I was considering changing my vote to Darox for some pretty shameless bandwagoning on Lowell, but then crywolf went and OMGUSed him to L-1. Other Lowell voters, are you entirely content with this situation?
Yeah, as of right now I am pretty content with my OMGUS vote on him. Maybe if he stops being a little less ruthless to everyone in general, my vote might go away.

iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by iamausername »

Do you want to maybe explain how "being ruthless to everyone" is in any way a scumtell?
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by Ythill »

Rash wrote:...by-and-large I agree that one of wolf/Lowell is scum.

Furthermore, I think only one of the pair is scum...
I don't like this line of thinking. Though I agree that it's unlikely both are scum, you've failed to consider that they could both be town. And if they are, what I've quoted above would be a smooth move from the real mafia.

Nothing to hang you over, but certainly worth noting.

I'm still more comfortable with wolf than Lowell but I'd rather have more than two choices before we lynch.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by Darox »

Rashiminos wrote:
Darox wrote:

I'm not a big fan of posts appearing to change in meaning unless you can provide some outside support for such an assertion.

IGMEOY: Darox
Que?

"Appearing to change in meaning"?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:53 am

Post by Lowell »

Tommy wrote:
Elias_the_thief wrote:lowell hasnt even got around to answering my initial questions.
That's part of the case against him. Rashiminos's post 141 can also now be added to the pile of vain attempts to engage Lowell in debate.
THIS was post 141. What exactly does this post mean?

I've answered every question I've seen. If someone "asks" something inane, I reserve the right to pass.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”