Designer Mafia 2007 - Game Over, Final Scene Posted!

Did you enjoy the final scene?

Yes, I love it!
67%
No, this is boring...
22%
Comical stupidity option
11%

Total votes: 9

Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3050 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:02 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

OH, THE HORROR!

SSF, I did not do anything strange. On the night I was supposed to kill The Fonz, I targetted Simenon (with gained vig), Nocmen (to copy) and The Fonz (to use the copy). Any thing apart from that (not sure whether Nocmen would show up, because that may not count as targetting) means we either have a redirector/blocker or you are making it up. (and let's face it, Fonz was town. There can be no conspiracy theory about not killing a town, unless it is someone like Nocmen)
I'm back!
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #3051 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:49 am

Post by Nocmen »

Kison, your post 3006. It seems a bit...shaky to me. Sort of like you were focusing more on taking out a possible cult over the mafia. Isn't that how would scum would play right now?

I want to hear your reasons for voting the Fonz as well, it was a hammer without any explanation other than "he was unconfirmed"
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #3052 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:17 am

Post by Kison »

Nocmen, I already explained what I was using when I decided to vote The Fonz. It's the list that's quoted a page or two back, by me. Many on that list are either confirmed by the moderator, or in Belg's case, confirmed by a player who was confirmed in such a way. Others are confirmed only by investigation. Yes, it's possible some of the mod-confirmed players are now cult recruits, but they can't be Mafia or the recruiter, which are the better people to be going after. In The Fonz's case, his only defense was faulty logic where he tried to paint his abilities as ridiculous for a godfather to have(which is not the case), which, yet again, I've already explained in more detail than you explained your vote
which was for the same player.

I was already investigated and came up innocent(by Simenon). Twomz is implying he got a guilty on me. I want to know if Twomz has gotten a guilty before(because I cannot recall off hand).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #3053 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:52 am

Post by Twomz »

Before this point? No, I haven't. But, I have explained that it is part of my role before.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #3054 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:37 am

Post by Nocmen »

Kison, I understand the attack on The Fonz, like you said, I did place the first vote on him. But I was hoping you would have more of a reason of your own. In my opinion, I think everyone is a bit unconfirmed now, as I think what we know can not be right. Our results are changing, there is a cult in our midst, and im not sure what to trust.

Vote: Kison
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3055 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:22 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Sir Tornado wrote:OH, THE HORROR!

I may have been blocked. I got an extra kill, which I used on The Fonz, which apparantly did not go through. I knocked off Sim with my regular action, but he may have died due to Twomz.

I was actually supposed to get this kill night before last, but didn't because MoS forgot. Then, I got this as a daykill yesterday, but couldn't use it because the day ended too soon, so I got it last night. Apparantly, I *had* to use the kill, so I am not sure how it could have been blocked.
In this post, you say that you used the extra kill on The Fonz, but now you say you used the extra kill on Simenon. I point this out both because I find it interesting the order has changed, and because it appears now that these gained abilites may be useless, i.e. Simenon's investigation. Also, for the record, I thought it was strange it counted you as targeting Nocmen, I didnt realize that would show up. My result is exactly what you said.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #3056 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

ok, checking in...going to reread a bit.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3057 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

OH, THE HORROR!

Ok, I just checked my night actions again, and my original post was incorrect. The Fonz with Nocmen copy, and Simenon with the vig.

I don't see what's strange about this though.
I'm back!
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3058 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Sir Tornado wrote:OH, THE HORROR!

Ok, I just checked my night actions again, and my original post was incorrect. The Fonz with Nocmen copy, and Simenon with the vig.

I don't see what's strange about this though.
Like I said, I didnt think Nocmen would show up as a target choice, so I thought it was strange. Looking at it now though, it makes much more sense. However, if Simenon was the granted vig choice, it lends more credence to Simenon's investigation of Kison. (I am assuming an inventor giving out this ablilites.) I still suspect Kison, but it makes me wonder some about Twomz's result.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3059 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:40 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

OH, THE HORROR!

Don't forget, that Twomz hit Simenon on the same night I did. We don't know whose hit got through.
I'm back!
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #3060 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:22 am

Post by mneme »

Sir T: so it might be that the granted actions didn't work?
Did I say too much?
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3061 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:26 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

OH, THE HORROR!
Mneme wrote:Sir T: so it might be that the granted actions didn't work?
They must work, because Simenon was targeted by Twomz and me, and both of us had been given the vig by (probably) the same role, unless the scum decided to take Simenon out at the same time too, but I don't see why they would, as Simenon wasn't confirmed, nor was he any immediate danger to mafia night action-wise.
I'm back!
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3062 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Mneme, for the record, has your extra win condition already been filled? If not, is there anything the town needs to do to fulfill it?

Also, I really like a vote on Kison. I think its a good chance to test Twomz's result, and I still dont like the vote that ended the day. By my count, this would put him at L-2, so I'm going to hold off for a while, however does anyone else see a good lynch other than Kison?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #3063 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by Kison »

Yes : SSF352 would not be a bad option. The cult deaths so far have simply read :

XXX, Cult, killed night whatever.

One would expect :

XXX, Cult Leader/Recruiter, killed night whatever.

to show up for the recruiter, yet SSF352 is the one trying to dismiss this idea.
Vote: SSF352

If he's not lynched today, nail him tomorrow. For seriously.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3064 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Kison wrote:Yes : SSF352 would not be a bad option. The cult deaths so far have simply read :

XXX, Cult, killed night whatever.

One would expect :

XXX, Cult Leader/Recruiter, killed night whatever.

to show up for the recruiter, yet SSF352 is the one trying to dismiss this idea.
Vote: SSF352

If he's not lynched today, nail him tomorrow. For seriously.
I believe I already brought this up, but I am fairly sure Goop Mind was the cult leader. Kaliedo's death scene involved goop that was mentioned quite a bit. I disagree that the cult leader would necessarily be declared as such, but then again I've never played in a game with a cult. Either way, I would expect that MoS wouldn't have the death scene involve goop if it wasnt a hint to Goop Mind being the cult leader.

But let's try this. Kison, if you could pick someone else to lynch than me, who would it be?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #3065 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by Kison »

I'm really not sure - you were the only pick I had in mind for the day. Maybe Sir Tornado, but I'd have to re-examine his case. Everyone else seems to be given a pretty good level of clearance: Twomz, CKD(Belg), and Nocmen all mod-cleared, and Mneme apparently unkillable.

And I obviously see how I'm a decent pick, which is why I don't feel the need to argue my own lynch to death, but I still feel you're more preferable.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3066 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:41 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

OH, THE HORROR!

I'd like to point out, that it is entirely possible for Kison to be innocent at the time of Simenon inv and be a cult at the time of Twomz inv.

In a game like this where mafia may not necessarily hit confirmed innocents, cultivating them is a good strategy for cults.

However, I'd like Kison to re-examine my case (his words) before anyone tries to lynch him.
I'm back!
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #3067 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:29 am

Post by mneme »

SSF352 wrote: I believe I already brought this up, but I am fairly sure Goop Mind was the cult leader. Kaliedo's death scene involved goop that was mentioned quite a bit.
Actually, now that you mention it, one possible setup is a split cult -- Professor Goop is not cult, but anyone he "protects" becomes cult, whereas the "goop mind" is the cult leader, and knows (and can tell new cultists) about armlx being the unwitting recruiter. That would explain the goop->gm connection and the goop->possible cult connection.
Did I say too much?
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3068 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:01 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

OH, THE HORROR!
Mneme wrote: Actually, now that you mention it, one possible setup is a split cult -- Professor Goop is not cult, but anyone he "protects" becomes cult, whereas the "goop mind" is the cult leader, and knows (and can tell new cultists) about armlx being the unwitting recruiter. That would explain the goop->gm connection and the goop->possible cult connection.
I don't see this. And, we'd have a lot more cultists by now with Armlx choosing 3 targets each night. (and, I haven't been recruited yet into the cult for starters, and he sure did target me at some point)
I'm back!
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #3069 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:07 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

First Vote Count of Day 9:

Kison - (Twomz, Nocmen)

SSF352 - (Kison)

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Permanent V/LA.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #3070 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:27 am

Post by mneme »

SSF352 wrote:Mneme, for the record, has your extra win condition already been filled? If not, is there anything the town needs to do to fulfill it?
An excellent question.

Since my extra win condition was that Kali be alive and un-culted in endgame...that would be a "no". I can't win right now, though I can help the town win.

Apparently, I do have an "instead" condition that I'll find out tonight. I also can't vote today.
Did I say too much?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #3071 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:36 am

mind is fried...I guess I will have to go with Twomz on this....

going to reread again before I vote.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3072 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by SSF352 »

mneme wrote:
SSF352 wrote: I believe I already brought this up, but I am fairly sure Goop Mind was the cult leader. Kaliedo's death scene involved goop that was mentioned quite a bit.
Actually, now that you mention it, one possible setup is a split cult -- Professor Goop is not cult, but anyone he "protects" becomes cult, whereas the "goop mind" is the cult leader, and knows (and can tell new cultists) about armlx being the unwitting recruiter. That would explain the goop->gm connection and the goop->possible cult connection.
I havent found the post yet, but I remember someone claiming to have created armlx's role, and that blocked one target, protected another, and then the third pick did nothing? What if the third pick was cult recruitment? If this is true, then we can look through Armlx's choices for possible recruits. What do you guys think?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #3073 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:39 am

Gone between 08/29 until 08/31, Bachelor Party
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #3074 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:00 am

Post by mneme »

SSF352 wrote: I havent found the post yet, but I remember someone claiming to have created armlx's role, and that blocked one target, protected another, and then the third pick did nothing? What if the third pick was cult recruitment? If this is true, then we can look through Armlx's choices for possible recruits. What do you guys think?
That's kinda what I was thinking, yeah. It would at least make the goop->goop->goop connection make sense.
Did I say too much?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”