Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:30 am

Post by Xdaamno »

armlx wrote:A lack of analysis sure doesn't help the town win. That is my point.
Yes, it can do. A player that hammers a scum to win the game without analysing is being helpful. Preventing a town player from being lynched (without analysing) is being helpful - in this case I'm doing just that. Try thinking before posting.

Like I said, you're 'analysing' me, and I'm arguing against your point. Then saying the fact you're on offence and I'm on defence means I'm being unhelpful is just irritating.

Your arguments have absolutely zero logical basis - no exaggeration. You're literally just ignoring my posts and repeating yourself - you're
hurting
the town in this respect.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:51 am

Post by armlx »

A player that hammers a scum to win the game without analysing is being helpful.
They are being a lucky idiot.
Preventing a town player from being lynched (without analysing) is being helpful - in this case I'm doing just that.
The old "O BTW I is town". Yeah, not applicable. And defense without logic = fail.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:53 am

Post by Porochaz »

prod on Gorrad Skitzer and Kison please?
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:43 am

Post by Xdaamno »

armlx wrote:
A player that hammers a scum to win the game without analysing is being helpful.
They might be a lucky idiot. Or a player might have a mod-confirmed guilty result on them. It's an entirely plausible scenario - are you
seriously
still trying to stand by the idea that analysis of a player is the only possible way to be helpful to the town while posting? If you truly, deeply believe then I've lost a lot of respect for you, armlx.
armlx wrote:
Preventing a town player from being lynched (without analysing) is being helpful - in this case I'm doing just that.
The old "O BTW I is town". Yeah, not applicable. And defense without logic = fail.
Urgh. I'm not
claiming
that is my defence, stop trying to twist my words. It just shows that you're strawmanning me completely by ignoring my point and picking nits. If you're town
ACTUALLY READ
what I have written rather than pretending you can go for the weakest points while ignoring the rest without me noticing.

I'm giving you the option to back out of this argument. Grow some balls and take it rather than hurting the town with your craplogic.
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:51 pm

Post by armlx »

Or a player might have a mod-confirmed guilty result on them.
Sounds like analysis on them.
are you seriously still trying to stand by the idea that analysis of a player is the only possible way to be helpful to the town while posting?
I'm not saying that, I'm saying that
deliberately avoiding doing analysis
is extremely anti-town and scummy.
Urgh. I'm not claiming that is my defence, stop trying to twist my words. It just shows that you're strawmanning me completely by ignoring my point and picking nits. If you're town ACTUALLY READ what I have written rather than pretending you can go for the weakest points while ignoring the rest without me noticing
How else am I supposed to respond when you just make up BS and refuse to participate in any matter besides ensuring you aren't lynched?
I'm giving you the option to back out of this argument
:roll:
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Day 6 Vote Count!
With 7 alive, it will take 4 to lynch.

2 Xdaamno (Porochaz*, armlx)
1 The Jester (Gorrad*)
Not voting: Xdaamno, The Jester, Kison, skitzer,

Prodded Gorrad; Skitzer; Kison
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by Kison »

Hmm, I just reread over Jester's posts again. The main thing I really do not like about his play are the following:

1) He prodded Gorrad 1.0 about how his color claim plan would be beneficial when it seemed rather obvious that delivering that information would only make such a claim un-beneficial. He winds up claiming red along with Xdaamno.

2) Explained his unvote for JTP but not his revote. What made you change your mind, exactly?

Unless I'm missing something, I'm not sure why I placed him above Xdaamno. The problem with Xdaamno is that I'm finding very little content to analyze from him. I'll place a vote for one of the two soonish. I still think Skitzer is scum after his sudden withdraw from GS campaigning.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by Gorrad »

*Prodded* Happy with XD hate for previously stated reasons. Like Jester hate more, but can go for either. Hint- Jester was on terminally stupid JTP wagon. I would be shocked if all/most of the scum weren't on there.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by armlx »

Hint- Jester was on terminally stupid JTP wagon
I disagree on the terminally stupid part.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Noted
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:46 pm

Post by The Jester »

Kison wrote:Hmm, I just reread over Jester's posts again. The main thing I really do not like about his play are the following:

1) He prodded Gorrad 1.0 about how his color claim plan would be beneficial when it seemed rather obvious that delivering that information would only make such a claim un-beneficial. He winds up claiming red along with Xdaamno.

2) Explained his unvote for JTP but not his revote. What made you change your mind, exactly?

Unless I'm missing something, I'm not sure why I placed him above Xdaamno. The problem with Xdaamno is that I'm finding very little content to analyze from him. I'll place a vote for one of the two soonish. I still think Skitzer is scum after his sudden withdraw from GS campaigning.
1. Color-claim failed. Fonz went over this in his re-read, even saying (I) had every right to ask about a 'game-breaking strat' He even FoSed everyone who went along with it.

2. He started saying, "Oh, but if it DOES say in my pm, I AM a bomb. I will laugh at you!" Seriously? Seriously? He was thinking he had words in his role, that ...weren't there!
Gorrad wrote:*Prodded* Happy with XD hate for previously stated reasons. Like Jester hate more, but can go for either. Hint- Jester was on terminally stupid JTP wagon. I would be shocked if all/most of the scum weren't on there.
Are you on drugs? JtP guessed his own role pm, like he wasn't sure it was HIS. He was out-guessing the mod. There were quite a few on the JtP wagon with rather good reason.

Xda doesn't want to post an analysis, yet he'll post plenty about not posting one. As much as I want to vote Xda or Skitzer, I would still like to wait for Xda to do an analysis.

I'm going to vote Xda in a few days, so consider it already on there unofficially.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:09 am

Post by Xdaamno »

This is totally a sheepish town vs me argument which I clearly can't win despite being the only person
not
twisting anyone else's words. I screwed myself over with the absences, so I'm stuck in a whirlpool now; no player wants to be seen assosciated with me so it's impossible to make a convincing argument without proving myself town first, which I just don't have the heart to do.

So... fine. This is an unimportant discussion, and I'm publicly jumping ship for the good of the town. This is clearly the best theoretical move for a town player in my position, so I'm going to laugh if anyone calls me scum because of it.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:13 am

Post by Xdaamno »

EBWOP: What's worse is that I won't get any satisfaction after the game either, as everyone will accuse me of providing a mis-lynch and hurting the town.

You know, I've just realised a self-vote in this time might be the optimal play. My lynch is nearly inevitable, and if I went out right now my last few posts wouldn't be in vain as some sane players might realise I was talking sense - then again, that would only be for my satisfaction as I haven't done more scumhunting. Hah...
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:14 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Don't ignore the above two posts because they're too lazy to read them - that's hurting the town.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:15 am

Post by Xdaamno »

EBWOP: *You're
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:16 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Also, I obviously have an analysis coming later. As much as people like The Jester would like you to believe I'm retarded, I've just been holding back because I was occupied with another argument.
Cracking Idea Mafia
The Jester
The Jester
Goon
The Jester
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:08 am

Post by The Jester »

I forgot where I said I'd like people to believe you're retarded. From what I remember, you didn't want to post an analysis. So I'm not seeing how you "obviously have one coming later". But okay.

You're in a whirlpool because you won't get out of it yourself. You just said "I'm holding back because I'm occupied." You've been saying you're busy through out the whole game, and haven't fixed it. If you were so busy, why not ask to be replaced?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:52 am

Post by armlx »

All I can say is :roll:
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

armlx wrote:All I can say is :roll:
armlx, I don't care whether you're town or not when you're answering my posts - I respect The Jester's effort, but this is just insulting.
Cracking Idea Mafia
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:45 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

The Jester wrote:I forgot where I said I'd like people to believe you're retarded. From what I remember, you didn't want to post an analysis. So I'm not seeing how you "obviously have one coming later". But okay.
Wrong choice of words, I got myself worked up. You were just trying to convince people that I didn't have an argument coming.

I never said I didn't want to post one - just that I was too lazy and busy with something else. Yes, I'll do one as soon as I have the heart, but only to prevent myself getting lynched - it's pretty obvious nobody will actually listen to me.
The Jester wrote:You're in a whirlpool because you won't get out of it yourself. You just said "I'm holding back because I'm occupied." You've been saying you're busy through out the whole game, and haven't fixed it. If you were so busy, why not ask to be replaced?
I didn't mean busy with real-life issues in that context. I meant busy arguing to someone else - whenever I looked at this thread, I had something to respond to and so never decided to start an analysis. I could have fixed it, but I'm not putting
that
much effort into this game, which is hardly indicitive of my alignment.
Cracking Idea Mafia
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by armlx »

xd, I could care less. You have refused to contribute an opinion when asked, when doing so is 100% pro-town.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:03 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Im waiting for this analysis to come, in fact the time you spent on this page feeling sorry for yourself could of gotten you somewhere along the road of that.
armlx wrote:
xdaamo wrote:

And a player that hammers a townie to lose the game without analysing is being what? A fucking idiot? The fact is the whole of 1275, just to show that I havent ignored part of your post is a whole heap of bullshit.

A player might have a mod confirmed guilty on someone then we can put the analysis aside now... lets have a look for the mod confirmed guilty? Can you see it? No? Then lets start analysing and getting somewhere rather than doing it randomly.
I'm not saying that, I'm saying that deliberately avoiding doing analysis is extremely anti-town and scummy
I think this sums up my thought about yourself.
xdaamo wrote:
The Jester wrote:
I forgot where I said I'd like people to believe you're retarded. From what I remember, you didn't want to post an analysis. So I'm not seeing how you "obviously have one coming later". But okay.
Wrong choice of words, I got myself worked up. You were just trying to convince people that I didn't have an argument coming.

I never said I didn't want to post one - just that I was too lazy and busy with something else. Yes, I'll do one as soon as I have the heart, but only to prevent myself getting lynched - it's pretty obvious nobody will actually listen to me.
You kinda did with the other posts and by the way a large basis of my case is around you having absolutely nothing to do with this game despite being in it from the start (?), you start posting thats a large basis of my case on you gone. You are not my only suspect. Yes, you are my top suspect but its not cause you have said something majorly wrong. Although I absolutely hate 1275, start posting properly and I really wont have much of a case against you.
xdaamo wrote:
The Jester wrote: You're in a whirlpool because you won't get out of it yourself. You just said "I'm holding back because I'm occupied." You've been saying you're busy through out the whole game, and haven't fixed it. If you were so busy, why not ask to be replaced?
I didn't mean busy with real-life issues in that context. I meant busy arguing to someone else - whenever I looked at this thread, I had something to respond to and so never decided to start an analysis. I could have fixed it, but I'm not putting that much effort into this game, which is hardly indicitive of my alignment.
Not initially, which I can only guess is why you've lasted 52 pages. Oh and by the way if the 2nd most prolific poster on the site and the 109th prolific poster on site can be involved in more than 1 game and have arguments in both/more than 2 then Im sure you can as well.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:48 am

Post by Kison »

Jester, the unvote I'm talking about was where you unvoted JtP, stating that you would like to hear examples of where he'd seen bombs who were not told they were bombs, then later re-voted without explaining what you didn't like about his explanation. In fact, prior to placing your vote back, you made a post which looks like you were under the impression that you still had your vote on him. This strikes me as you not analyzing the situation very closely and simply following the flow in this situation.
Xdaamno wrote:You know, I've just realised a self-vote in this time might be the optimal play. My lynch is nearly inevitable, and if I went out right now my last few posts wouldn't be in vain as some sane players might realise I was talking sense - then again, that would only be for my satisfaction as I haven't done more scumhunting. Hah...
How would self voting result in people realizing you were making sense? Self voting typically is not a good move because fewer people actually have to come up with reasons to vote you in order for you to be lynched.
Xdaamno wrote:I never said I didn't want to post one - just that I was too lazy and busy with something else. Yes, I'll do one as soon as I have the heart, but only to prevent myself getting lynched - it's pretty obvious nobody will actually listen to me.
'Only to prevent myself from getting lynched' coincides with the mindset of scum. If you think you'll be lynched, you should want that analysis out there. Either way, just please get it up? I'm going to refrain from voting until you do, unless it becomes clear that you won't.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:20 am

Post by armlx »

The willingness to self vote + not doing it makes me feel he is scum trying to use that to cast him in an aggravated pro-town light.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:57 pm

Post by Xdaamno »

Kison wrote:Jester, the unvote I'm talking about was where you unvoted JtP, stating that you would like to hear examples of where he'd seen bombs who were not told they were bombs, then later re-voted without explaining what you didn't like about his explanation. In fact, prior to placing your vote back, you made a post which looks like you were under the impression that you still had your vote on him. This strikes me as you not analyzing the situation very closely and simply following the flow in this situation.
Xdaamno wrote:You know, I've just realised a self-vote in this time might be the optimal play. My lynch is nearly inevitable, and if I went out right now my last few posts wouldn't be in vain as some sane players might realise I was talking sense - then again, that would only be for my satisfaction as I haven't done more scumhunting. Hah...
How would self voting result in people realizing you were making sense? Self voting typically is not a good move because fewer people actually have to come up with reasons to vote you in order for you to be lynched.

I was trying to reason that the chance of a town player realising I was town and listening to what I said would be higher if I died right now, having made that point out there.

Xdaamno wrote:I never said I didn't want to post one - just that I was too lazy and busy with something else. Yes, I'll do one as soon as I have the heart, but only to prevent myself getting lynched - it's pretty obvious nobody will actually listen to me.
'Only to prevent myself from getting lynched' coincides with the mindset of scum. If you think you'll be lynched, you should want that analysis out there. Either way, just please get it up? I'm going to refrain from voting until you do, unless it becomes clear that you won't.

I'm starting to agree that I've danced around the issue for too long now, so I'm getting something done tonight, when I get home.
Cracking Idea Mafia

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”