reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by reborn537 »

5 hours is not a long time to confirm. More people than LF had to confirm.
The quick-hammer is no longer scummy. I'm taking it back.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I didn't get my confirm in...

But, clearly Farside was online, and so was LF, because LF confirmed, and Farside was impatient to get her game started.

So that's null at best.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by reborn537 »

I agree.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Xtoxm wrote:It can do...With a random JOAT I think it's to just target who you think is scum. 3 of the options you wanna use on scum. If I had the role I think i'd be trying to get the kill out...Probably not the best way to use a random JOAT lol.
I have more then three random actions, which is why im a little concerned at using them since I have no clue what will come from them. Taking my known actions into account though, if we lynch scum today, I am going to random action someone in the grey area for the town. I might block a mafia sumbitting kill, vig off scum or something else beneficial.

I think withholding what I know I can do untill we are threatened with lylo is a good thing though, although now given two other claims I am trying to calculate the best way to go about confirming two roles without damaging a roled player as when reborn claimed my first plan got scrapped.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I wouldn't advise trying to confirm someone...I think just go after who you think is scum.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:19 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Xtoxm wrote:I wouldn't advise trying to confirm someone...I think just go after who you think is scum.
Exactly. That way you always confirm someone scum or not.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

we have seen how well that worked... inventor, lover, lover, bodyguard(?)... I think this may just be the most off ive been in a game here.

@reborn - What do you think of flavor putting IG at bodyguard Cleveland? Given my roles PM flavor it just doesnt seem right to me.
Co-host of The USL Show
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Don't read into it.

I won't say who I am, but I will say that i'm not Joe. And i'm in love with Bonnie. So. :P
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:37 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Gigitygigitygoo!
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Cleveland - what is your role? Check your role pm and get back to me.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Reborn, your question doesn't make any sense. Who is it directed at?
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by reborn537 »

IG.

LF - same question.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

IG claimed BodyGuard.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by RestFermata »

OK. Here I am. A lot has happened. Yeah, I always kind of assumed that Llama might have some other role besides voteless vanilla town. I just didn't want to pull an IG and step right out and say it. I tend to believe Llama, and I think 5 hours is plenty of time for a short trade of PM's about the role.

I was mostly looking at reborn when I was reading the thread daily in my hazy, Lortab-clouded stupor, but now he's claimed. I could see Stewie as an SK, but maybe it's bastard moddery. I' not sure. I don't think he's the lynch of the day.

E_K saying "hey, anybody want to lynch RF because of her safeclaim comment?" seems pretty weak. Even the way she phrased it seems strange. It almost seems like she chose me for a lynch and
then
came up with reasoning. I was aware when I typed that strategic question up that I had to phrase it right or I'd be painting a target on my ass, but I wanted to ask anyway. E_K and thinktank seem to be the only ones who thought it was scummy. But I'm biased, because it's me.

Oh, and the way E_K reacted to Xtoxm suggesting that maybe Llama could be scum that knows Peter isn't in the game. That is a similar conjecture to the one I made about safeclaims in minigames, yet E_K didn't harass him about it in the same way. I think it could be because she doesn't really find it scummy; she's just looking for a reason to jump on somebody. And that's scummy.

Now, about scum. Let's see.

RestFermata - town. Heh. But I'm not here to convince you of that; I'm here to hunt scum.

Xtoxm - claimed lover (maybe scum, but shouldn't lynch D1.) I don't have a problem with Xtoxm's willingness to take one for the town. Maybe it is a really bad idea to lynch a lover D1, but just because someone doesn't realize that or sees it in a different way doesn't mean they're scum.

BG - claimed lover. I think she may be scum, but I'm with popular consensus - I really don't think we should lynch her now.

Kmd - I think he's town. Can't be 100% sure of course. But the things he's said seem pretty genuine to me. He seems to be a good scumhunter.

reborn - Claimed inventor. I don't know what to think about Stewie. The role seems fitting for him, but so would SK. Nevertheless I'm more worried about the mafia (the FCC?) than a lone killer, and role speculation alone isn't a good reason for a lynch. I thought he was suspicious, but right now it's just going to manifest itself in an IGMEOY.

kloud - I don't know. He hasn't posted in a while because of RL issues. He was active in pointing fingers at BG. Until he got swamped with school, he was pretty active, and I saw him as pretty town, but I haven't heard anything from him in light of recent events so I have a hard time judging him. Pretty neutral for me atm.

IG - claimed bodyguard. I thought he was scummy, but I believe the claim. I think this character would be in the game. Could Cleveland be scum? Maybe. But IG isn't a prime suspect for me right now.

Llama - claimed random JOAT (voteless for now.) I believe it. I think he is town.

thinktank - I don't know. He's concise, but seems honest. Still, that seems like a pretty good strategy if you're scum. (WIFOM! WIFOM! I know!) Don't get too overblown, but don't spare the daggers. That way you can't get accused of being wishy-washy, soft, or emptily verbose. It seems like an easy way not to fall into your own traps. I don't feel like meta-ing right now, especially since TT isn't one of my prime suspects.

E_K - Leaning on the scummy side now! I was getting a pretty town vibe from her, but her recent actions rub me the wrong way, as I've mentioned.

GW - Leaning on the town side for me. I've never read anything that looked like scum from him, but nobody's exempt, of course.

StD - I am beginning to suspect his good posting might be the cover-up of experienced scum, but again, I'm not 100% sure. He replaced Crub, who FoSed me just for "being difficult." Also leaned town on babygirl, which seems silly. I have a hard time seeing any of her posts as being anything more than neutral at best. But whatever, just because someone has an unpopular opinion doesn't mean they're scum. And most of the real content has come from StD. Now, StD's posts are good and seem honest, but I am very scared of the idea of him being scum, because it seems like he could be getting away with it right under our noses. But that's just me. It's a fallacy to base your suspicions off the person in question's game experience if you don't think he actually posts scummy things. It's enough for my (fearful) eye to be on him as well, not enough for my vote.

I'm going to have to break down everything more, of course, but with the deadline approaching, I'm
voting
for
Elvis_Knits
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:49 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Xtoxm wrote:IG claimed BodyGuard.
That's not what I'm asking. I want the rolename from the pm.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:49 pm

Post by RestFermata »

I have a role idea that I thought was more likely for Cleveland than bodyguard, based on an FG episode I saw, but that's just me. I don't understand the connection between Cleveland and a bodyguard. It might be kind of anti-town for me to share my idea, though, and also pretty baseless and speculative, since it's based on one scene of the show. If you all want to hear it, you'd have to ask.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Good post RF - I found myself agreeing with most of what you said.

Which is annoying, because I was starting to change my mind about Kmd and put you as scum. Now I seem to be thinking too many people are town. I guess I could pass off saying BG could be the 3rd scum, but it's a bit of a cheap out...To myself anyway...
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

RestFermata wrote:I have a role idea that I thought was more likely for Cleveland than bodyguard, based on an FG episode I saw, but that's just me. I don't understand the connection between Cleveland and a bodyguard. It might be kind of anti-town for me to share my idea, though, and also pretty baseless and speculative, since it's based on one scene of the show. If you all want to hear it, you'd have to ask.
You can't go arousing our curiosity like that and then not tell us.

Spill the beans.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by RestFermata »

Heh. Ok, let me see if I can find the scene on youtube.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Xtoxm wrote:Good post RF - I found myself agreeing with most of what you said.

Which is annoying, because I was starting to change my mind about Kmd and put you as scum. Now I seem to be thinking too many people are town. I guess I could pass off saying BG could be the 3rd scum, but it's a bit of a cheap out...To myself anyway...
Well, apart from the bit where you consider me a scum suspect ;)
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by reborn537 »

To be honest, I would have thought Cleveland would be vanilla.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:55 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

It wouldn't surprise me if there are no vanilla townies in this game.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:58 pm

Post by RestFermata »

OK, well in my search I didn't find it. I think that Cleveland could be a miller. Maybe that's way out there, but when I first thought of Cleveland's role when goborage and LF's altercation popped the idea of Cleveland into my (obviously gullible) head, I thought of the scene where Joe shows Peter a machine that detains criminals. When Peter goes under it, it says "Warning: suspect" or something and then handcuffs it. But when Cleveland is going to try it, Joe warns him not to, but it's too late. Cleveland goes under it and it beats the crap out of him, saying "Warning: Minority suspect." So it made me think of miller. I dunno. Pretty speculative, like I said.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:58 pm

Post by RestFermata »

EBWOP. *handcuffs HIM
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

@reborn - Town Drunk, at least I think thats what you are asking
Co-host of The USL Show