Mini Normal 2174 | Korean Pop Music | Mafia Wins!

Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:17 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

ok I'm caught up on d1

gonna be fun seeing why derp hasn't been turbolynched yet
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:22 am

Post by Noraa »

Flubber, an enabler claimed. That's why.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:24 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 711, nopointinactingup wrote:The scenario of hopkirk mafia doctor enabler with derp town doctor is more terrifying, since if we don't lynch derp today, he will wrongly protect hopkirk every night and town is likely to lose the game in the end.
if this is normal, it's extra swingy
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:29 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 758, Hopkirk wrote:Flubber only feels focused on/engaging with a tiny portion of the game.
half the game's inactive my dude
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:33 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

up to p 32

I believe all claims are truthful
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:07 am

Post by nopointinactingup »

In post 715, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 710, nopointinactingup wrote:derp/hopkirk is a very possible solution. derp claims to get the doctor lynched and hopkirk gambits himself because the scum team thinks his cc sounds believable enough to prevent a derp lynch. It's a high risk high reward play but I don't think it's impossible. It would in fact explain hopkirk's vote for Plusjoyed yesterday
I really don't think it's high reward. It's essentially the same as 2 mafia members claiming to be neighbours (not quite masons) D1 for very little reason. It feels like all risk because if we're mafia then there's other power roles who'd be able to prove we were lying later. Both scum doesn't make sense because we know for 100% that one doctor isn't the full list of town PRS
Good point, the existence of PRs would render this play unviable. Unless the scum team somehow suspects PRs are few and far in between, I'm not too sold on the scum-scum scenario for now.
In post 715, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 710, nopointinactingup wrote:derp/hopkirk is a very possible solution. derp claims to get the doctor lynched and hopkirk gambits himself because the scum team thinks his cc sounds believable enough to prevent a derp lynch. It's a high risk high reward play but I don't think it's impossible. It would in fact explain hopkirk's vote for Plusjoyed yesterday
I really don't get why I'd point out there's been a mafia enabler. I'm only concerned with enabler/doctor/doctor not having happened and doc/doc not having happened, and whether it feels likely based on that. Where does other setups featuring an enabler remotely come into it for me?
If you're open and frank about presenting all the possibilities to town then I don't see why you wouldn't point it out, when a Ctrl F on "doctor enabler" yields roughly half of the results as mafia aligned.
In post 745, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Likewise I don't see hopkirk scum outing themselves like this to save derp. I wanna tinfoil here but I don't think it's worth it.

Hopkirk and derp both town.
In post 746, Noraa wrote:
In post 740, Glitch wrote: Derp is off the table cuz enabler(Hopkirk) claimed. Still dont really understand wtf an enabler is but I think its just something that like confirms there are more than one doctors or something idk. Anyways, if you believe hopkirk is town, then u will have to believe derp's doc claim is real.
Really surprised by the insta Hopkirk is town because of his claim here. True that he might really be enabler but alignment is questionable. As town-doc-enabler, Hopkirk voting off doc-claiming Plus yesterday made 0 sense.
In post 796, derp wrote:
In post 711, nopointinactingup wrote: derp thinks hopkirk is very town but derp is slightly worried about the setup as derp thinks 2 town docs plus a town doc enabler is a bit weird, derp cant help but feel it makes more sense if the enabler was mafia but derp has absolutely no interest in pursuing this as dear derp does believe hopkirk is town
Do you think a town-aligned doc enabler would vote off someone who claimed to be doc? Even when there is a cc, a town doc enabler would know that he has 50%+ chance of lynching the real doc.
In post 800, Hopkirk wrote:Mafia doc enabler + 2 town docs leads to weird stalematey scenarios which don't make sense from a game design perspective (eg 4 alive = mafia win by voting out one of their own members while town has to avoid voting mafia).
It makes much more sense than a doc enabler with 2 docs, which brings about the game breaking situation where docs protect one another and mafia have to NK the enabler for a 1 in (13 - 2 - 2or3 = 8+) chance.
In post 800, Hopkirk wrote: NP seems to be overlooking the obvious point that you just die tonight unless mafia want to play wifom with us, then I die the next night. Saying you'll 'wrongly protect Hop
every
night is weird.
This is a misrepresentation. I said this under the scenario of Hopkirk-mafia, derp-town. In that case, it's a no brainer that Hopkirk will not NK derp.

VOTE: Hopkirk

I'm taking an unpopular stance here, but I'm quite unnerved by Hopkirk's jump on me the moment I simply pointed out a very real possibility that could exist. I would like to know the reasons from those who think Hopkirk is necessarily town for his claim? At the very most I'm hoping to get this possibility out there in the long run if I die.
Justice will prevail
\m/
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:32 am

Post by Hopkirk »

I wagoned you day one how the fuck is that 'quick'
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:40 am

Because I was not your first vote of day 2 even when I was your number one suspect. You voted Flubber then switched to me the moment I speculated on the set-up. I could only guess that Flubber looked like an easier mislynch based on his presence on the Plus wagon day 1.
Justice will prevail
\m/
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:45 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 783, The Slime Collective wrote:
In post 782, Glitch wrote:Maf Doc could be real and I don't think it's been brought up yet.
~vanilla ice cream with crème fraîche slime
Lol
In post 789, The Slime Collective wrote:Image
~vanilla ice cream with crème fraîche slime
Did you draw this?
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:46 am

Iso-ing you has made me realize that you had almost zero case on me, even as you promised. What was the point of asking people's point of view about me when you never followed up?
Justice will prevail
\m/
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:46 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 793, derp wrote:okay so dear derp was a good boi and skimmed through some of noraas games and what derp perceives as unnatural perspective does not necessarily suggest noraa is a dirty scum as she seems to do it a lot as town as well, so while derp does dislike noraas reaction to the claiming dear derp does not believe it is a scumtell for noraa
Which games did you read?
Staarling
Staarling
Goon
Staarling
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:47 am

Post by Staarling »

i think Noraa is very suspicious for trying to kill me because she thinks i'm not new. i really am!!! i thiiiiink Noraa might be pretending like she thinks i'm not sos she can put aggression on me? hmm but maybe not because if she wanted to save herself she could vote for the other people who already had votes. i don't knooooooow
Staarling
Staarling
Goon
Staarling
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:48 am

Post by Staarling »

i still dunno about what nopoint is saying on hopkirk
Staarling
Staarling
Goon
Staarling
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:48 am

Post by Staarling »

I love the shady staarling :>
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:51 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 799, Noraa wrote:
In post 797, derp wrote:they are not really pushing in any direction
they are encouraging others to solve but aren't really solving themselves. Their ISO reads and conclusions are extremely shallow and provide close to zero content.
This is a good point
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:55 am

In post 837, Staarling wrote:i still dunno about what nopoint is saying on hopkirk
Take the point of view of Hopkirk as a town aligned doctor-enabler on Day 1. Plus claims doctor and derp counter-claims. So would you risk a mislynch when you know that the doctor role exists and there's at least 50% chance that you will mislynch? If I was town enabler, I would keep both of them alive for the utility of the doctor role.

On the other hand, regardless of derp's alignment, there's a strong possibility that mafia-aligned doc enabler would act the way he did to get rid of a town doctor without having to sacrifice himself to make the role ineffective. Looking through the mini games played before show that mafia aligned doctor enabler exist half of the time.
Justice will prevail
\m/
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:56 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 805, Hopkirk wrote:Note to self - nobody wants to vote Flubber for the second time, but nobody has any particular reason to like the slot beyond the slightest lean.
Haven't really been given a good reason to vote Flubber, nor do I see one
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:58 am

Johnny, while you're here, thoughts on my theory?
Justice will prevail
\m/
Staarling
Staarling
Goon
Staarling
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:03 am

Post by Staarling »

@nopoint: ohhhh i actually get what you're saying more now! it would make sense for there to be two doctors if there was a doctor enabler as well because then both of the doctors are less powerful

@Hopkirk: why didn't you say you were doctor enabler yesterday?
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:07 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 836, Staarling wrote:i think Noraa is very suspicious for trying to kill me because she thinks i'm not new. i really am!!! i thiiiiink Noraa might be pretending like she thinks i'm not sos she can put aggression on me? hmm but maybe not because if she wanted to save herself she could vote for the other people who already had votes. i don't knooooooow
fence sitty, OMGUS, slight flailing, classic "I dont know anything go away" vibes.
newbtown and newbscum are very similar vibes. Im going to push here some more and see where it leads bc I have a gut feeling that I'm on the right track.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:08 am

In post 843, Staarling wrote:@nopoint: ohhhh i actually get what you're saying more now! it would make sense for there to be two doctors if there was a doctor enabler as well because then both of the doctors are less powerful

The existence of a doctor enabler would explain well the existence of multiple doctors yes, though it's still a stretch for there to be two town doctors in the game. It would make much more sense if the enabler was mafia because mafia would be able to make the decision to lose one of their own to disable the doctors in town.
Justice will prevail
\m/
Staarling
Staarling
Goon
Staarling
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:10 am

Post by Staarling »

Hopkirk seems so townie with how he's figuring things out though, like when he went through all the past games to find doctors.. but i'm a little paranoid now
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:12 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 843, Staarling wrote:@nopoint: ohhhh i actually get what you're saying more now! it would make sense for there to be two doctors if there was a doctor enabler as well because then both of the doctors are less powerful

Hopkirk's thought process was something like this

D1

-'Damn no way there's no doctors'
-Looks through setups to see there's never been two doctors
-'Yeah, CC makes PJ super sus, time to vote'
-'Finding Paradise was a good game.'
-'Huh. What if there were two doctors. I should unvote.'
-'Oh, that sure looks like a hammer.'
-'Ah shit.'

d2
-'Lol derp scum. I was being dumb thinking two docs.'
-Although...'
-'Ah shit.'
-'I should probably claim.'
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Staarling
Staarling
Goon
Staarling
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:12 am

Post by Staarling »

VOTE: Noraa
I think you're more suspicious for how aggressive you're being for no reason :<
Staarling
Staarling