sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:51 am

Post by sekinj »

Mirth wrote:You don't want townies lynched? Yet you say you don't know Retro is a townie, so how can you say you don't want him lynch. No one is talking about lynching him, so where are you getting these ideas from?
well, when people vote for someone, to me that means they want him/her lynched.... and no, I dont' want to lynch someone that is looking townie to me. true, I may be wrong and we'll see later on if that is so, but I'm not going to vote for someone who made a mistake that is at best neutral.
Mirth wrote:How exactly am I ignoring the Az thing? I left questions for him, I want my answers, but I cannot extract anything from him if he does not wish to type it. Or should I magically teleport over to his house and force him to answer at gunpoint? This is blatant misrepresentation. If I wasn't for the moment happy with my Az vote (btw, if you think he's scummy, why aren't *you* voting him or pursuing him past a single question?), I'd be voting you for that last post.
I am content to wait for Az's answer. Depending on that I will vote or not. The point is, I'm not making retro look even more scummy in the meantime.

I really think the gunpoint thing is too much. If you were REALLY town you would be threatening him with rope and not firearms. Therefore, I think you have given yourself away... NOT REALLY! (that was a joke) I think Az is the scummiest player so far, even though I don't think we have much to go on yet.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Azrael001
Azrael001
Goon
Azrael001
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by Azrael001 »

So Mirth you say that you want answers from me, but you have yet to ask any questions that are not rhetorical. At the risk of doing an OMGUS I am going to have to say that you seem to be trying a little too hard to get people to look away from you.

As for thinking that sekinj seems pro-town, I stand by that. I am not saying that he is pro-town, it just seems like it.

When I have something more useful to say I will say it. I am not going to write gibberish just to seem like I am not lurking. I am not super active, but I started late, and that is the excuse that I will take to the grave with me.

That is all.
Forgive my rudeness, I cannot abide useless people.

(The irony is killing me.)
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by sekinj »

on a side note: I'm not sure why everyone thinks I'm a he... I have a cute little cuddly kitty as my avatar... Plus a little pink gender sign... not a big deal, but it's weird how it happens in every game I play...
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by Mirth »

Azrael001 wrote:So Mirth you say that you want answers from me, but you have yet to ask any questions that are not rhetorical. At the risk of doing an OMGUS I am going to have to say that you seem to be trying a little too hard to get people to look away from you.

As for thinking that sekinj seems pro-town, I stand by that. I am not saying that he is pro-town, it just seems like it.

When I have something more useful to say I will say it. I am not going to write gibberish just to seem like I am not lurking. I am not super active, but I started late, and that is the excuse that I will take to the grave with me.

That is all.
I never asked any rhetorical questions. And I want people to look at me if it means they're thinking. Now answer my damn questions already, about Sek and the rest of it. Your posts so far are all useless in that they bring nothing to the table. You're doing exactly what you said you wouldn't: posting so as not to be called a lurker.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by Mirth »

sekinj wrote:on a side note: I'm not sure why everyone thinks I'm a he... I have a cute little cuddly kitty as my avatar...
Zindaras has cute kitties too.

He is the default. No matter how many times you correct it, it will happen.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:38 pm

Post by iamausername »

strife wrote:But saying "Sekinj seems to be the most pro-town player" is not something I see a pro-town player doing. This statement needs to be backed up - how could you get such a read so soon?
I don't think that saying someone "seems to be the most pro-town player" is particularly helpful, particularly when there's no accompanying list of who seems to be the most scummy, but I don't see why it's such an unbelievable thing for him to have such a read at this point. It's not like he's saying "sekinj is 100% confirmed town and anyone who votes for her is scum scum scum!".
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by Mirth »

iamausername wrote:
strife wrote:But saying "Sekinj seems to be the most pro-town player" is not something I see a pro-town player doing. This statement needs to be backed up - how could you get such a read so soon?
I don't think that saying someone "seems to be the most pro-town player" is particularly helpful, particularly when there's no accompanying list of who seems to be the most scummy, but I don't see why it's such an unbelievable thing for him to have such a read at this point. It's not like he's saying "sekinj is 100% confirmed town and anyone who votes for her is scum scum scum!".
It's an unbelievable thing because at the point he said it, Sek hadn't done anything that would really work as a tell either way other than defend Retro (and defending others who are in no real danger isnt really a good thing). He also avoided answering why he thought Sek was protown, so it look like blatant buddying.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by strife220 »

sekinj wrote:on a side note: I'm not sure why everyone thinks I'm a he... I have a cute little cuddly kitty as my avatar... Plus a little pink gender sign... not a big deal, but it's weird how it happens in every game I play...
Kitten looks evil and manly to me. Grrrr.

I feel like this day is just started, but there's only 11 days to deadline - already time to start forming opinions.

My re-read leads me to
Unvote, Vote: Retrowiz
. Not really anything to do with the weird vote, unvote thing at the beginning.
This post set me off:
retrowiz wrote:
unvote
now that my origiginal vote is corrected I can remove it...never played a 7person game before...random voting is scary now.

first voter is suspicious.
second voter is bandwagoning
third voter is the l-1
fourth voter is hammer dropper
retrowiz wrote:@ mirth. Yup. my first post in this game I voted for sek for posting first, when it was actually strife who posted first. and yeah...for a smaller game I will change my voting pattern. hell all my strats change cause we're now in like a day 3 or 4 equivalent as opposed to the actual random stage we're in...assuming we are still random.

I will reserve my vote for actual suspects in this game, personally I am out of random stage. my hunt has begin.
I have a hard time believing he's sincere. I'd mark this down as 'over-acting to come across a townie' tell.

retrowiz wrote: @ Mirth, don't confuse newbie with scum.
Newbie card off the bat isn't very appropriate either. I know 'over-defensive' is a terrible scum-tell, but I think it holds some water in this context (plus, D1 cases suck).
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:11 pm

Post by farside22 »

Not ignoring game. Very busy RL issue has come up for tomorrow. I will be on this Wednesday. Thanks.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:19 am

Post by retrowiz »

Mirth wrote:...you'll look into something? Instead of "looking into" it, could you actually do it? Not starting conversations is not something to be proud of.
wow...mirth...you need to do somthing with your day other than this forum, unfortunatly I have a life and this game gets played when I have time...

then of course I make a point VS farside and you stick up for them...of course you attack others for quickly defending others, so why defending farside?!?!
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:04 am

Post by sekinj »

retrowiz wrote:
Mirth wrote:...you'll look into something? Instead of "looking into" it, could you actually do it? Not starting conversations is not something to be proud of.
wow...mirth...you need to do somthing with your day other than this forum, unfortunatly I have a life and this game gets played when I have time...
@retro: I don't know that this was necessary. We all play this game when we have the time and we all have lives. I understand you were a little miffed at mirth saying you didn't post enough content, but this isn't the way to respond. This just makes you look worse. In fact, this and the newbie card is moving you higher on my scum list.
retrowiz wrote:then of course I make a point VS farside and you stick up for them...of course you attack others for quickly defending others, so why defending farside?!?!
I agree that mirth and farside seems to be in agreement quite a bit, totally wifom but I don't thinkscum-buddies would be so obvious, therefore I'm not suspicious of it.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:22 am

Post by Mirth »

retrowiz wrote:

then of course I make a point VS farside and you stick up for them...of course you attack others for quickly defending others, so why defending farside?!?!
I do do something with my life, thank you very much. When you post, I'd prefer if you actually posted content as opposed to posting something along the lines of "hmmm posting content might be a good idea. i'll consider doing it."

How am I sticking up for Farside, exactly? I'm pointing out why she did it, since her reason is pretty obvious, where did you attack Farside that she needed defense? As far as I can tell you asked a question. I answered it because the answer was obvious.

Sek: being obviously in agreement with someone doesn't automatically exclude anyone from being a scum pair. Don't write us off so quickly.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:24 am

Post by Mirth »

Oh, and before I forget, since Retro is so insistent that I go do something with my time, starting this weekend, I'm going to go into some training (evenings/weekends). This will last a couple of weeks, and while I'll still be able to check the forums every day, my posting rate will probably reduced from either busyness or exhaustion.
Azrael001
Azrael001
Goon
Azrael001
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by Azrael001 »

So can we accuse you of lurking then?

I work full time and am in four other games right now, I am stretched a little thin (that is to say that I find your accusations about my "lurking" to be a little irritating).

To answer your questions about sekinj:

There was no action in particular that made me think that
s
he (sorry) was pro town, in Mafiascum, words speak louder than actions, especially on day one. I like to think that I am not an idiot, and would like you to assume the same (just as I assume that other people know what they are doing). People aren't going to blatantly give themselves away, especially by doing something as dumb as trying to get someone lynched with no evidence, right at the beginning of a round. I don't have a list of who I think is scum or not, because I do not yet have an opinion. I'll do a reread when I don't have work in the morning, then my list will be produced.

If you still have questions please put them in one place so that I don't have to go looking for them. I am lazy like that, sorry.
Forgive my rudeness, I cannot abide useless people.

(The irony is killing me.)
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:48 pm

Post by Mirth »

Az, I don't care if you're "lurking: or how often you post as long as you post content. (lurking doesn't make me suspicious unless it's like Xyzzy level lurking in Open Nightless...you can check my wiki page for the link. He had a total of maybe 3 posts in that whole game.) You are not really posting content though, not commenting on arguments, just making half-ambiguous statements . You still have not actually answered my questions. What actions? I have put my questions in one place. You can go back a page and find it, as I am not going to repeat myself when laziness is your only reason.
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:43 am

Post by retrowiz »

retrowiz wrote:Mirth, not saying it would make me look better or worse, just clarifying things for you.

but good point regarding conversation topics, I've never started my own to date. I'll look into something here.
and it took me 17 mins to do so...sorry if it wasn't fast enough for you...opps I lied, I'm not sorry, but have fun on your vacation, I'm sure you deserve it!

of course it was so obvious a question that I asked that you answered for farside. why not farside answer the obv. question, since you asked me questions with obvious answers that everyone else seems to understand the answers too...I think that quick defence of farside is a little odd...either your scum partners, or a masons...I'll hold that verdict for a bit though.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:47 am

Post by iamausername »

retrowiz wrote:either your scum partners, or a masons...I'll hold that verdict for a bit though.
Well, since it's impossible to have masons in this setup, I know which one I'd go for.

Unvote, Vote: Mirth
. Az could definitely do with being less vague, but I'm still finding Mirth considerably scummier than him at this point.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:34 am

Post by farside22 »

Mirth wrote:Oh, and before I forget, since Retro is so insistent that I go do something with my time, starting this weekend, I'm going to go into some training (evenings/weekends). This will last a couple of weeks, and while I'll still be able to check the forums every day, my posting rate will probably reduced from either busyness or exhaustion.
Retract the claws!

Okay I read thru a bit yesterday when I had 10 minutes to myself, but all my notes went like the wind. Here is what I recall.
Retro asked about my comment towards Sek and frankly it's exactly as Mirth stated. She is defending you and I want to know her reasons for why she feels one way about a person versus another.
Newbie card is something I have started to consider a null tell. I have seen scum newb and town newb pull the newb card on any number of games. Some try not to, most fail.
I'm not sure what to think about Az. I have never seen someone post and not realize there was more pages to read before posting. First I thought was that a random joke, then as he explained further I was like how does someone do that? Just didn't make sense. Now the whole comment about Sej is town sounds more like someone trying to kiss up then really talking about why or who is scum.
Some people I just don't have a read on at the moment so I'm holding off on voting till I get a better read on those that I feel are flying under the radar.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:37 am

Post by sekinj »

farside22 wrote: Retro asked about my comment towards Sek and frankly it's exactly as Mirth stated. She is defending you and I want to know her reasons for why she feels one way about a person versus another.
i already answered this.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:54 am

Post by farside22 »

sekinj wrote:
farside22 wrote: Retro asked about my comment towards Sek and frankly it's exactly as Mirth stated. She is defending you and I want to know her reasons for why she feels one way about a person versus another.
i already answered this.
I know you did I was answering Retro's question directed to me.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:08 am

Post by sekinj »

farside22 wrote:
sekinj wrote:
i already answered this.
I know you did I was answering Retro's question directed to me.
okay. just making sure. you didn't respond to my answer and your answer to retro was in present tense as if you still wanted to know my reasons.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:58 am

Post by Mirth »

[quote="retrowiz"but have fun on your vacation, I'm sure you deserve it! [/quote]

Vacation? Haha...I didn't realize giving up nights and weekends was a vacation.

Also huge FOS at you for even suggesting masons.

Iam, why am I scummy. Reasons would be great. And why do you think I'm scum with Farside specifically? Couldn't I be bussing newbie-partner-Retro or Az?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:00 am

Post by farside22 »

Mirth wrote:[quote="retrowiz"but have fun on your vacation, I'm sure you deserve it!
Vacation? Haha...I didn't realize giving up nights and weekends was a vacation.

Also huge FOS at you for even suggesting masons.

Iam, why am I scummy. Reasons would be great. And why do you think I'm scum with Farside specifically? Couldn't I be bussing newbie-partner-Retro or Az?[/quote]

I will be gone Monday too. It is 3 day weekend. :P
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:01 am

Post by iamausername »

I never said you were scum with farside. I actually think your buddy is strife.

Why is retro scummy for not knowing the setup?
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:04 am

Post by retrowiz »

it says it right at the top of the first page...never noticed that...damn...
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”