Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2950 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 4.3

Thestatusquo
(1):

Not voting
(7): Gamma Emerald, Blitzo, Not_Mafia, Kasumeat, PookyTheMagicalBear, OutWorldER,

With 8 alive, it takes 5 votes to yeet someone.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-11-14 18:00:00)
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2951 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2939, Kasumeat wrote:Will post more tomorrow when I have time, but for now phone posting. Bulge and OW, who are your preferred lims today? I would prefer Shae or Gamma or NM. I just hate everything about how Shae has handled Bulge's claim.
First of all, Shea please.

Second of all, what do you hate about it?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2952 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:51 am

Post by Blitzo »

The game has slowed down. :/
Kasu should answer that question.
Alternatively shea should have a really strong mafia read right now - his unvote of bulge was extremely awkward and eeks caution that should have been there far beforehand, which is dissonant with his start of day.
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2953 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:54 am

Post by Blitzo »

I actually see his reads and I get it but I'm not sure that's enough at this stage. I feel like there needs to be way more there. Like...Dropping a bunch of names and saying "these are probably scum" is really not enough.
I'm always willing to lim NM because, honestly, who cares that's totally fine.

I haven't really decided on a third and don't know if I will today tbh.
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2954 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:58 am

Post by Blitzo »

I'm also aware of the fact that there's little to say about NM, but that's mostly NM's fault and nobody else's.
Some elaboration on pooky is in order.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2955 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Elaboration on Pooky by whom?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2956 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:03 am

Post by Blitzo »

Shea.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2957 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

Sorry for not being active despite, y'know, my role.

I really do not know how to solve this game anymore. I thought Bulge's claim was nonsense at first but recent discussion have gotten me to rethink that position.

A Shea elim is pure WIFOM from my POV and I don't really like it.

Still need to read into the neighbors.

NM should've died earlier and without associations with Panzer I have no idea what to think of it.

Still rereading, give me like, a day.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2958 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:09 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2952, Blitzo wrote:The game has slowed down. :/
Kasu should answer that question.
Alternatively shea should have a really strong mafia read right now - his unvote of bulge was extremely awkward and eeks caution that should have been there far beforehand, which is dissonant with his start of day.
I literally broke down exactly who I think is the scum team.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2959 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:21 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I don't know why you are putting a stronger burden on me for telling you who the scum is than you are putting on yourself. I explained in great detail that process of elimination gives me a pool of Pooky NM you/gamma and my reasoning behind the you slot. I don't know why you think I need to have a detailed breakdown of pooky when I think he's from my point of view mechanically guaranteed to be scum. Like, I think he hasn't played particularly scummy, but he hasn't played particularly townie either. There's some weird tonal stuff that makes me look at him quite a bit, in particular the stuff today with him and gamma as well as him with bulge, but I don't think he's played a particularly scummy game, just that I have a pool of

blitzo the bulge nm gamma outworldER kasu pooky.

Kasu's town has read very town to me a couple of times. I could go look up particular posts but tbh I don't feel like it, in addition to that he's cleared mechanically if I accept bulge is town.
Bulge is cleared mechanically if I believe the claim, which I lean towards because of the setup.
outworldER is mechanically cleared by role.

That leaves me pooky blitzo nm and gamma.

I do not think theres a double scum hood, which means that one of blitzo/gamma is not scum. I have already broken down in detail my thoughts on that, which lean blitzo more likely to be town but gammas play the rest of the days being more scummy in my book but his play today not being what I would expect a scum player to be doing.

That's my thought process. If you disagree with it, please point out where you disagree, but you can't just say "shea is just saying random names."

And what's more the idea that I'm getting shit for dropping the bulge push is WILD to me. Scum shea would NEVER drop that push. That is an argument I could very easily win and win the game if I'm scum. See: white flag mafia with me getting CES elim'd despite multiple people arguing against it. What you're seeing is me realizing I'm missing something and reevaluating with new information that I didn't understand before. That's uhh...What I think you would hope to see town do, not scum who could very easily win that argument.

If I asked myself what correct play today would be I would say exactly what you're accusing me of not doing, which is attempting to win a very winnable argument that bulge's claim is a scum gambit and winning the game, which by the way is precisely what pooky is doing.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2960 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like honestly calling for me to elaborate on pooky is absurd. From my POV he's locked scum because of POE so saying you want me to break down that slot is asinine.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2961 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like did you read my posts or were you just looking for an angle to shade me from? Honest question.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2962 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like...Dropping a bunch of names and saying "these are probably scum" is really not enough.
lol a full POE break down of why people are mechanically locked as scum from my perspective is "dropping a bunch of names and saying these are probably scum."

Holy hell dude. Are you serious?
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2963 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by Blitzo »

In post 2962, Thestatusquo wrote:
Like...Dropping a bunch of names and saying "these are probably scum" is really not enough.
lol a full POE break down of why people are mechanically locked as scum from my perspective is "dropping a bunch of names and saying these are probably scum."

Yes. Saying a bunch of people are POE scum isn't really useful to the rest of us. I've got NM saying I'm scum by PoE which isn't anything either unless you want to argue that he's town for thinking it.
I'll concede that I've forgotten that you've broken down the hood though? I'll have to double check in a moment to recall your thoughts on it.
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2964 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Blitzo »

I don't really think it's that unreasonable to ask you to help me read you through the "confscum" pile.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2965 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Very simply questions:

1) Do you have a problem with my logic and if so what?
2) I just gave you tons of analysis about pooky in the posts you're responding to. Are you just going to ignore that to continue whining about pooky?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2966 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like I've now talked in depth about pooky multiple times and the best you can do is make a one sentence response saying "I don't think its unreasonable to ask you to scum read for me." while not engaging at all with that analysis? That really doesn't feel like you're arguing in good faith my friend.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2967 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 2963, Blitzo wrote:
In post 2962, Thestatusquo wrote:

Yes. Saying a bunch of people are POE scum isn't really useful to the rest of us. I've got NM saying I'm scum by PoE which isn't anything either unless you want to argue that he's town for thinking it.
I'll concede that I've forgotten that you've broken down the hood though? I'll have to double check in a moment to recall your thoughts on it.
I POSTED THEM IN THE POST ALMOST LITERALLY ABOVE thIS ONE .dwr.erg
erhgerdfgbdsf
vcbvxc
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2968 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like I'm not trying to be a jerk but from my perspective this looks like this:

1) I explain where my elimination pool is. It has a scum solve that is based on my PoE. I don't have a lot more in depth analysis on players in that pool because its based on, again, PoE. But I do give some because theres minor things.
2) You ask me to give in depth read of pooky which I have never claimed to have and without disagreeing with any of my logic call my PoE solve "just throwing out names."
3) I respond by saying I don't think pooky has played town or scum but hes in my PoE for the logic I've given, there's been some small stuff but I think he's played a pretty neutral game. Also, here's some more in depth logic on why people are in my PoE.
4) You whine more about me not giving a breakdown read of pooky which I have never claimed to have and then ignore the breakdown I gave on the neighborhood literally 3 posts up and say you'll have to look more into what I said.

It's frustrating man. Reading the thread explains the thread. I'm not responsible for giving you a pooky read. If my read on pooky doesn't work for you that's on you not on me.
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2969 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by Blitzo »

lol
I'm sorry but you getting frustrated is hilarious.
I'm still parsing that post and looking into your past stuff to see everything tbh. I definitely recall you talking about the neighborhood some time ago but I guess I kind of figured something changed there instead of just staying the same this whole time? I mean if that's the case then that's fine but I feel like even now your read on Gamma is still evolving and I'd like to know why? Especially since he's the guy who has practically goaded me into coming after you today.

Pedit - No offense taken. I'm definitely not responding to some of your stuff fast enough.
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2970 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:42 pm

Post by Blitzo »

I know it also sounds stupid but I never particularly understood why people thought kasu was town.
He's just seemed kind of "nothing" to me all game. I can't remember a single notable thing he's done and even considered him as scum at one point in the hood.

Like maybe he's mechanically cleared here but can someone sate my paranoia or something?
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2971 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:45 pm

Post by Blitzo »

I also posted about this before but I still don't really know what kind of power scum would have here.
We have a gajillion town roles so surely scum must have something? I might need to venture into the wiki.
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2972 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:41 pm

Post by Blitzo »

There's a number of roles scum could have. My guess would be something investigative, especially with some background-y guy like UG dead on N2.
I guess that could also be someone getting shot with low impact on the gamestate but that still seems sort of reachy.

So that's fine I guess.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #2973 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

the thing I keep coming back to is this: is the setup balanced without bulge and no scum power?
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2974 (ISO) » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Blitzo »

Probably not.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”