reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by reborn537 »

These are two people I haven't looked at in detail. Can you summarize your case on them for me please?
The quick-hammer is no longer scummy. I'm taking it back.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

unvote IG

Cleveland would be the worst pssible fake claim character wise (the whole gobo thing)
Reborn also unvoted so unless reborn and IG are BOTH scum, the claim looks clean.
Xtoxm wrote:Or if we're desperate, there's our voteless resident.
no
reborn537 wrote:STD, something to ponder while I sleep - if I am scum, who are my scum partners?
What is the purpose in this? If you are town, asking the town to make connections involving you is a pointless distraction.

Still not back to normal internet access. I just happened to be able to post tonight. Tomorrow night and Wednesday night should be the same as tonight as far as my access.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Kmd4390 wrote:
reborn537 wrote:STD, something to ponder while I sleep - if I am scum, who are my scum partners?
What is the purpose in this? If you are town, asking the town to make connections involving you is a pointless distraction.
No. It's good for people to list their top suspects. At the moment LF and STD have tunnel-visioned onto me so they've effectively stopped scum-hunting. I'm trying to get them back on track while not immediately continuing the argument.
The quick-hammer is no longer scummy. I'm taking it back.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by farside22 »

vote count:

reborn537 1 votes: (Save the Dragons)
Inspector Godot 2 vote: (RestFermata, Elvis_Knits)
thinktank 2 vote: (Inspector Godot, babygirl)
Elvis_Knits 1 vote (xtoxm)

Not voting:

reborn537
LlamaFluff
GhostWriter
kloud1516
thinktank

With 12 people it take 7 votes for lynch
Day 1 ends August 28th, 4:00pm PST
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:12 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

vote reborn
just incase my vote will break a tie. I will respond with a more indepth post probally tonight
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

I doubt it, because of rule 12, and post #33 (which contains rule 12). Unvote, because it really IS confusing, and we all know that you want reborn dead, and therefore don't need to see your vote to remind us.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

reborn537 wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
No. It's good for people to list their top suspects. At the moment LF and STD have tunnel-visioned onto me so they've effectively stopped scum-hunting. I'm trying to get them back on track while not immediately continuing the argument.
Ok, listing top suspects I can see. The way it was worded, it looked like you were asking for connections.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:46 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

On a related note, I just ate pizza.
reborn537 wrote:STD don't worry about offending me in mafia... the whole point of this is that we are arguing, and I'm not going to hold back so I certainly wouldn't wish anyone else to.

I'll answer your case in the morning, although once again it seems to be a case whereby you say that I'm scum for going for LF.
1. I held back :P I didn't feel it was pertinent to the game to rant on how you insulted me when in reality you didn't.

2. I'm not going to be here in the morning, so unless something drastic happens, I probably won't change my vote. I'll try to check before I leave, but I can't make any promises (and I'm pretty much gone until deadline).

My other suspicions:

Giving the town a lovers couple and a townie that can't vote is really bad for the town. I do not wish to outguess the mod, but I will say that I will be disappointed if I find this is the case.

That being said, I think it is likely that the statement "One of Xtoxm or Babygirl is scum" is true.

Xtoxm for his page 3 advocacy of a LF lynch, and Babygirl for her one paragraph posts before bandwagon hopping.

However, there's always the possibility that if they're town, then the mafia will kill them tonight, so I figure we need not waste our time discussing what ifs if they're likely not to survive the night.

I would be surprised if KMD, Kloud, or Ghost Rider turned up to be scum. I would be less surprised if LlamaFluff, but even so, he's not on my list right now. Thinktank's a bit of an enigma to me, but his play is smart and his actions seem sincere, so I don't think he's scum right now.

Still wondering about EK. I'm neutral on her.

RF seems like she could be scum, because I haven't seen her go out of her way to catch scum, but this statement seems sincere:
RestFermata wrote: And yeah, you're right, I'm not a very good scumhunter. But I am trying. And maybe that makes me look like I'm posting a whole lot of nothing, trying to appear helpful when I'm not, but I don't think that's an excuse to just sit back and plain old not even try to be helpful.
I thought IG was suspicious, but he claimed, so I don't really think so anymore, since I'm willing to beleive his claim for now.

So, like I said in my first (well, technically second) post, my list was:

Reborn
RestFermata
IG
Xtoxm
Babygirl

I currently think that the scum are found in this list:

Reborn
RestFermata
Elvis_Knits
Babygirl
Xtoxm

Maybe IG, but I'm willing to trust his claim for now.

Althought I don't think all of the above are scum, I think they're more likely than everyone else.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:51 pm

The last time I post tonight is probably the last time I post this day, so speak now or forever hold your peace. I'll probably be keeping my vote on Reborn, although I may unvote and try to make it home before the deadline ends, but I kind of don't see that happening.

@ Babygirl and Restfermata: I hope your hands get better soon.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I think that you attacking me and BG is silly.

And why is KMD not there?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:11 pm

Xtoxm wrote:I think that you attacking me and BG is silly.
I think attacking you today would be silly.

I think discussing it tomorrow is not a bad idea. I'm not so keen on lynching either of you unless I know fairly certainly that one of you is scum, but based on both your play, I'd say that it's not a far cry from the truth.
Save The Dragons wrote: I would be surprised if
KMD
, Kloud, or Ghost Rider turned up to be scum. I would be less surprised if LlamaFluff, but even so, he's not on my list right now. Thinktank's a bit of an enigma to me, but his play is smart and his actions seem sincere, so I don't think he's scum right now.
KMD's right here, and if you're wondering why he's not in other parts of my post, well, I believe the above quoted portion has something to do with that.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:13 pm

And if you would like me to list ways in which I find KMD to be town, I'd start by telling you one of them is on this page.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:31 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Save The Dragons wrote: I would be surprised if KMD, Kloud, or
Ghost Rider
turned up to be scum. I would be less surprised if LlamaFluff, but even so, he's not on my list right now. Thinktank's a bit of an enigma to me, but his play is smart and his actions seem sincere, so I don't think he's scum right now.
First off, let me fix something in that...
Save The Dragons wrote: I would be surprised if KMD, Kloud, or
GhostWriter
turned up to be scum. I would be less surprised if LlamaFluff, but even so, he's not on my list right now. Thinktank's a bit of an enigma to me, but his play is smart and his actions seem sincere, so I don't think he's scum right now.
There we go, that's MUCH better...

Now then, moving on. From that list you posted, I'd have to go for EK.
Vote: Elvis_knits
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:46 pm

Is Ghost Rider even a thing, or am I just completely illiterate?

I apologize.

Would you mind telling me your case against EK, or directing me to where you posted it?
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:57 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

There isn't one, nor is there one against RF. However, I have stated that I am not in agreement with a reborn lynch, and, as you've already stated, attacking the two lovers today would be bad. Therefore, it was left with EK and RF, and, to be honest, the vote was based on my dislike of dalt's playing and my not seeing much against RF.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:38 pm

Then my next question is what's wrong with a reborn lynch.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:42 pm

Post by RestFermata »

It's technically Tuesday so I'm taking off the bandages and now I can reach the Shift key. :D Hooray for capitalization.

Claim, huh?

Unvote

And now I'm going to bed.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:49 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

It's a vibe I pick up from his constant fighting against LF's "are you Cleveland" attacks, coupled with the current Cleveland claim. I can't actually explain it well, as even I do not understand it. But I know that I won't vote reborn. Well, i won't today. Tomorrow's another day, as they say, and it can hold anything.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:56 pm

Fair enough.

My third question: Why does a true gunslinger never forget the face of their father?
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:10 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

reborn537 wrote:"Everything gobo did". I want examples of what my predecessor did to earn your ire.
A lot of it was the claim thing which has since been resolved (talk about conincidence). There also was the shooting down of the xtoxm wagon while agreeing with the points xtoxm was raising. These were widly unpopular points though and he only commented on them while keeping his random vote out.
OMGUS? Utterly ridiculous saying that to me considering how hard you went after me when I dared to make a case on you.
Its because I view it as a crap case. The votes you still havent done a great job explaining which votes were specifically anti-town and why. For the claim thing, I would of acted the exact same way if put in the position again, I dont see how its considered scummy.
I HAVE explained why your wishy-washy votes are anti-town. Every time you vote you are distracting the town with your poorly considered arguments. I haven't seen one good wagon started by you yet. You went after Gob because of his "claim of Cleveland" which was a direct deception by you. I'm glad that's been put to bed now, by the way.
Why was my vote on xtoxm anti-town? Why was my vote on GW anti-town? I still like how you are reacting to me voting to try and shut down character claim though. I know quotes, and gobos first two posts contained quotes from the same person, I viewed it as a softclaim and didnt want it to start and epidemic of character claims. I still dont know why thats anti-town.
I did not use false evidence to call your vote on me OMGUS. Your vote was on goborage because of the so-called claim thing, and after that had been destroyed you had no reason to have your vote on me. Therefore, my only logical conclusion was that you were voting for me because I went for you. I was not going for you for that reason, I read through twice before I made my first posts and everything I did was carefully considered. I decided my top suspects were yourself and dalt.
Well I still held the claim as a scumtell, and given that it was not a claim now, I still hold it as a very poor move on his part. Part of the reason I am voting you though is that I feel the case you have presented against me is really weak, and you have not done a good job explaining parts of it, and other parts really dont hold water. It also sounds like part of your case against me is given my actions to gobo which is you so is OMGUS there. This case is based on the fact that you are pushing craplogic on me.
You were metaing yourself. And I explained about it. And people agreed.
And you still havent explained which of my votes were scummy and why, just that I vote too much.
The whole dragon conflict pisses you off more than anything else... wow. Dude, you've just admitted that the main reason you're voting for me is that I didn't format my post in your preferred way. Well, I'm sorry, but I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to STD, and it's a tried and tested method of responding to large posts. This isn't even a point against me, it's something you don't like about the way I use the internet. Unless you think I used a deliberately poor format to confuse and distract the town?
Misinterpreting my post that much has to be deliberate. I said the way you were posting was hard to follow, not that bolding responses makes you scum. Also said anything, not anyone. Nice to see you are reading my posts closely. That paragraph which I think you read the first sentance and then stopped at, was the fact that you are basing your case off the wiki saying that any tell in there should be constantly applied.
I was not yelling at STD. I was answering his points with my own opinions. Just stop hazing the town, seriously, because people read what you write, and if you're town please stop as you're doing more harm than good.
I am not sure how this is pro-town either, just because I am pushing you doesnt mean that you get to ignore my points or tell me to stop talking. Also hazing the town? Seriously, how do you haze the town? I think you are scum, I make a case, you flame me. That isnt the way things work.
And, once again, I did explain. Just because you disagree that doesn't make me scum.
Lets make this offical, answer like this

1)Llamas vote for gobo was scummy because -
2)Llamas vote for xtoxm was scummy because -
3)Llamas vote for GW was scummy because -
4)Llama unvoting was scummy because -
5)Llamas vote for gobo/you was scummy because -
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

My answer: If they forget the face of their father, they will aim with their hand, shoot with their hand, and kill with their gun, which is all wrong. You need to aim with your eye, shoot with your mind, and kill with your hear. In short, read Stephan King's Dark Tower series...
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:14 pm

Save The Dragons wrote: or am I just completely illiterate?
You shouldn't ask me to read things. :P
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:14 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Also, can I please just say this one last time: LF, seriously. Let it go. You're still looking at gobo's quotes like there was anything wrong with them. You misinterpreted them, it was no fault of his, no one would have taken it as anything special if it were for you, you're still the only one harboring such feelings, just let it go. And if you say that you have, I'll point at your most recent post before this one and prove myself correct.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:04 am

Post by elvis_knits »

unvote IG

Save The Dragons wrote:
Here's what you've said about LlamaFluff's votes, and I wish I had said this earlier.
reborn wrote:1) Gob (for thinking of character claiming - this after ONE Cleveland quote I might add, and right before he full claims his role)
2) Xtoxm (let's face it, this is pretty OMGUS, although I'm not sure I like Xtoxmm that much myself)
3) Ghostwriter (post 100... trying to make sense of this... go and look back, I guarantee headache)
4) unvotes a couple of posts later (post 104, but who's counting?)
5) Back on goborage (basically because goborage was afk I think)
1. A vote in the random voting stage. I commend LF on having something to say instead of "Let me roll a die. It landed on 6. Clearly Steve is scum."
2. Xtoxm was suspicious, as you said.
3. I'll give you this one, I don't really know where he's going.
4. I think he was correcting a mistake he made, but he can speak for himself on this issue.
5. Yes, because goborage was his top suspect. Wow. He's going back to his original suspect.

My god, four votes? One of them in the random voting stage, so three total up to this point in the game? Can anyone legitimately tell me that four votes in 12 pages in a game is wishy-washy? Hell, I've voted more than four times in this game, even if you ignore Crub's votes. You accused him of wishywashy-ness, I say you're accusation is full of crap.
I didn't see much of a case on reborn from your previous post, but this is an argument that I agree with. Attacking LF for making four votes seems very thin. It seems like reborn is making a mountain out of a molehill. Not even a molehill. More like an anthill.

My general feeling on LF is that after being attacked early he keeps lashing out against anyone who accuses him. He's acting very OMGUS-y. And I know that OMGUS can be a scum tell. BUT I also think it's natural for someone who feels they are being unfairly attacked to fight back. They obviously don't agree with the attacker and so they think the attacker has ulterior motives and is thus scummy. I have been in LF's position and I know that it can be hard to sort scum from misguided town, and find yourself doing a lot of OMGUS. I also think some of his arguments are not spectacularly well-thought or explained. But I'm not sure any of it is necessarily scummy.

And I do think that reborn was piling onto LF with BS reasons in the above quoted area.

vote reborn
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:46 am

Post by Xtoxm »

My EK wagon has no wheels.

Unvote Vote Reborn

In the interest of just getting a lynch.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”