farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:38 am

Post by farside22 »

Mafia guy: You come to me and ask me to kill a man I do not know. Now I ask you, why should I kill this "Count Chocula"?
Captain Crunch: Because that son of a bitch has been spreading lies! My cereal does not cut the roof of your mouth! With all respect.

vote count:

reborn537 1 votes: (Save the Dragons)

Inspector Godot 5 vote: (RestFermata, Elvis_Knits, thinktank, reborn537, kmd4390)

thinktank 2 vote: (Inspector Godot, babygirl)
Elvis_Knits 1 vote (xtoxm)

Not voting:

LlamaFluff
GhostWriter
kloud1516

With 12 people it take 7 votes for lynch
Day 1 ends August 28th, 4:00pm PST
Last edited by farside22 on Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:39 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Save The Dragons wrote:
reborn

reborn537 wrote:Goborage WASN'T character-claiming!! I know what you're trying to do, what you're trying to make me say, so stop fishing right now!!
Fishing?
reborn537 wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:I tend to vote a lot in the early game, seriously go meta. Its a fairly logical path too but that doesnt seem something you are concerned about pointing out here.
This basically amounts to "I always act scummy in early game, seriously, go meta."
You can't just say something's a scumtell.

1. I think scum try to avoid scumtells.
2. I think town try to avoid scumtells.
3. I think people play how they're gonna play.
4. I don't see how you can accuse an action as being a scumtell without clearly explaining why, in this case, it is a scumtell. Scumtells must be one time only things, because if you think about it, anything that is a scum tell instanly becomes not a scumtell, since scum will avoid it.

The only legitimate scumtell that transcends games is truthfully claiming scum. Everything else is playstyle.

I'm also going to say that if his vote truly doesn't count, then it really doesn't matter where he puts it, and that alone gives him more than enough grounds to vote every single person in every single post if he felt like it (and was telling the truth).
And this

And he posted a response that I do not think I responded to (because he put his response in a quote, and I missed it). One hour, when I have time, I'll look back on it and make sure I understand what he said and respond to it. Sorry for the long overdue post, Reborn. I promise I'll get it in before I leave.
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:41 am

Post by Inspector Godot »

Sorry all, I've been a bit sick lately. Anyway, it looks like you all want me to claim or I'll be lynched. Well, if I claim I die anyway but what the hell.

I am the
Bodyguard Cleveland

I guess it's better to have the Mafia use their nightkill on me than lynch me and have someone else die at night. Anyway, I'm a bit busy now so I'll post again in a few hours when I have some time.
Wins/Losses
Town: 0/1
Scum: 0/0
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:42 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Considering we can now use him to draw a night kill, I'm against his lynching even more than I was before.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I've no reason to disbelieve him. I've been against this wagon from the start.

What's a BG do?

EK wagon for the win.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:49 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

reborn537 wrote:You still haven't made a case on me.
my case in post 379 wrote:I still like reborn more then any other wagon right now. Even if I lay aside everything that gobo did (well there isn’t much to lay aside) he looks pretty scummy. When he entered he immediately went after me, arguably OMGUS style since my vote was on gobo for having voted four times within three people. I have explained all of my votes and why I placed them already, but he still has not answered with an explanation of why any of my votes were scummy, just says that voting that much is wishy-washy and a scum tell.

Later reborn decides to call my vote of him (which was present when he replaced in) OMGUS. This is using false evidence to try and further a lynch of me. Also he is discounting my entire push at gobo for the “claim” thing as made up. While it is obvious that in gobos first and second post he does put out Cleveland quotes.

Following up with my push to get why my votes are scummy, reborn decides it is best to ignore my explanation of votes, and just say that I am metaing myself. There was no attempt here to explain which of my votes made me scum.

The whole dragon conflict more pisses me off than anything else. You guys really need to just break it into quotes and respond that way, it really isn’t too hard to do and helps me read it accurately. Your religion to the wiki here kind of bugs me though. It seems you read that wishy-washy voting is something scum always does, you might of seen it in a game once, so you are taking it as a universal constant. This does not make me mafia though, and it seems to be the main thing you are voting me because of.

The rest of this seems to be you yelling at dragon for poking holes in your case against me. If your case holds that little water, chances are its really weak. That honestly is one of my reasons for thinking you are scum right now. You come in an post a case that hinges half on my votes which you STILL have yet to explain which are scummy and anti-town and half on the claim thing which is my views on the game and is pretty indefensible.

The unwillingness to explain what makes my votes scummy and your misrepresenting me is enough to keep my vote right where it is, and should be enough to be attracting other votes.
I think we still can get this wagon off in time people
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:51 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I think we can get an EK wagon off in time.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:51 am

Post by GhostWriter »

The Cleveland claim puts me against a reborn lynch as well. Something from how reborn fought against being called Cleveland puts me against it, at least for today.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:52 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Or if we're desperate, there's our voteless resident.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by reborn537 »

LlamaFluff wrote:
reborn537 wrote:You still haven't made a case on me.
my case in post 379 wrote:I still like reborn more then any other wagon right now. Even if I lay aside everything that gobo did (well there isn’t much to lay aside) he looks pretty scummy. When he entered he immediately went after me, arguably OMGUS style since my vote was on gobo for having voted four times within three people. I have explained all of my votes and why I placed them already, but he still has not answered with an explanation of why any of my votes were scummy, just says that voting that much is wishy-washy and a scum tell.

Later reborn decides to call my vote of him (which was present when he replaced in) OMGUS. This is using false evidence to try and further a lynch of me. Also he is discounting my entire push at gobo for the “claim” thing as made up. While it is obvious that in gobos first and second post he does put out Cleveland quotes.

Following up with my push to get why my votes are scummy, reborn decides it is best to ignore my explanation of votes, and just say that I am metaing myself. There was no attempt here to explain which of my votes made me scum.

The whole dragon conflict more pisses me off than anything else. You guys really need to just break it into quotes and respond that way, it really isn’t too hard to do and helps me read it accurately. Your religion to the wiki here kind of bugs me though. It seems you read that wishy-washy voting is something scum always does, you might of seen it in a game once, so you are taking it as a universal constant. This does not make me mafia though, and it seems to be the main thing you are voting me because of.

The rest of this seems to be you yelling at dragon for poking holes in your case against me. If your case holds that little water, chances are its really weak. That honestly is one of my reasons for thinking you are scum right now. You come in an post a case that hinges half on my votes which you STILL have yet to explain which are scummy and anti-town and half on the claim thing which is my views on the game and is pretty indefensible.

The unwillingness to explain what makes my votes scummy and your misrepresenting me is enough to keep my vote right where it is, and should be enough to be attracting other votes.
I think we still can get this wagon off in time people
"Everything gobo did". I want examples of what my predecessor did to earn your ire.

OMGUS? Utterly ridiculous saying that to me considering how hard you went after me when I dared to make a case on you.

I HAVE explained why your wishy-washy votes are anti-town. Every time you vote you are distracting the town with your poorly considered arguments. I haven't seen one good wagon started by you yet. You went after Gob because of his "claim of Cleveland" which was a direct deception by you. I'm glad that's been put to bed now, by the way.

I did not use false evidence to call your vote on me OMGUS. Your vote was on goborage because of the so-called claim thing, and after that had been destroyed you had no reason to have your vote on me. Therefore, my only logical conclusion was that you were voting for me because I went for you. I was not going for you for that reason, I read through twice before I made my first posts and everything I did was carefully considered. I decided my top suspects were yourself and dalt.

You were metaing yourself. And I explained about it. And people agreed.

The whole dragon conflict pisses you off more than anything else... wow. Dude, you've just admitted that the main reason you're voting for me is that I didn't format my post in your preferred way. Well, I'm sorry, but I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to STD, and it's a tried and tested method of responding to large posts. This isn't even a point against me, it's something you don't like about the way I use the internet. Unless you think I used a deliberately poor format to confuse and distract the town?

I was not yelling at STD. I was answering his points with my own opinions. Just stop hazing the town, seriously, because people read what you write, and if you're town please stop as you're doing more harm than good.

And, once again, I did explain. Just because you disagree that doesn't make me scum.

Hope this satisfies you.

Anyway, on with the game. IG, shockingly enough I am not going to counter-claim Cleveland. I am going to
unvote
though.

I also think it's pertinent to point out that if we go down this road then we'll just go all around the town putting people at L-1 and then having them claim a power role. It's happened in another game I was in and people realised what was happening and decided to lynch one of the claimed power-roles (me as cop). So let's be very careful about how we go about things from now on.
unvote
The quick-hammer is no longer scummy. I'm taking it back.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Heh, I unvoted twice. Hope they don't cancel each other out.

Xtoxm - my last point is particularly relevent to the LF situation. If, as I think will happen, everyone starts claiming power roles left right and centre then I'm sure LF will come under more scrutiny.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Reborn, what you think of my EK (potential) wagon?
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:07 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Save The Dragons wrote:
Save The Dragons wrote:
reborn

reborn537 wrote:Goborage WASN'T character-claiming!! I know what you're trying to do, what you're trying to make me say, so stop fishing right now!!
Fishing?
reborn537 wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:I tend to vote a lot in the early game, seriously go meta. Its a fairly logical path too but that doesnt seem something you are concerned about pointing out here.
This basically amounts to "I always act scummy in early game, seriously, go meta."
You can't just say something's a scumtell.

1. I think scum try to avoid scumtells.
2. I think town try to avoid scumtells.
3. I think people play how they're gonna play.
4. I don't see how you can accuse an action as being a scumtell without clearly explaining why, in this case, it is a scumtell. Scumtells must be one time only things, because if you think about it, anything that is a scum tell instanly becomes not a scumtell, since scum will avoid it.

The only legitimate scumtell that transcends games is truthfully claiming scum. Everything else is playstyle.

I'm also going to say that if his vote truly doesn't count, then it really doesn't matter where he puts it, and that alone gives him more than enough grounds to vote every single person in every single post if he felt like it (and was telling the truth).
And this

And he posted a response that I do not think I responded to (because he put his response in a quote, and I missed it). One hour, when I have time, I'll look back on it and make sure I understand what he said and respond to it. Sorry for the long overdue post, Reborn. I promise I'll get it in before I leave.
As you say, I've answered your post, and no problem.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by thinktank »

unvote
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Guys, we got like 2 days, we need a new wagon quick. Don't just unvote...
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Xtoxm wrote:What's a BG do?
Was that an "I don't know" question, or a "think about what you are all getting ready to do" question?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I don't know. (As in, I am not sure what a BG does)
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Well, I'll use the wiki for this, because I'm used to a specific type of BG, used on another site.

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Bodyguard
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Ah, thnx. I think option 2 is the most likely one.

And I think we can completely rule out 1 and 3.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

And 4 as well. I'm used to a variation of 3, that also throws in some of 4: 50% chance of dying in their place, 50% chance of killing the attacker. Point is, the BG cannot guard themselves.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

There is no substitute for a clear, consisce argument, presented with proper analysis. It should be more than just throwing accusations of misrepresentation and faulty logic around. I realize now that perhaps my case on you, although there, is hard to see, and I want to present it to you, fully, with new material. My sentiment in these posts may seem hostile, and that is because I feel entitled to it because I do not appriciate it when people insult me. Although my join date says I'm over 4 years here, I've only been here off and on for about three years total, and I'm coming back from a long hiatus right now. I did not mean to lord my experience over you, since clearly I do not know what experience you have at other sites or in person. I should not have used that as an argument, and I apologize.

That said, I plan on tearing you a new one, argument style.

Here's what you've said about LlamaFluff's votes, and I wish I had said this earlier.
reborn wrote:1) Gob (for thinking of character claiming - this after ONE Cleveland quote I might add, and right before he full claims his role)
2) Xtoxm (let's face it, this is pretty OMGUS, although I'm not sure I like Xtoxmm that much myself)
3) Ghostwriter (post 100... trying to make sense of this... go and look back, I guarantee headache)
4) unvotes a couple of posts later (post 104, but who's counting?)
5) Back on goborage (basically because goborage was afk I think)
1. A vote in the random voting stage. I commend LF on having something to say instead of "Let me roll a die. It landed on 6. Clearly Steve is scum."
2. Xtoxm was suspicious, as you said.
3. I'll give you this one, I don't really know where he's going.
4. I think he was correcting a mistake he made, but he can speak for himself on this issue.
5. Yes, because goborage was his top suspect. Wow. He's going back to his original suspect.

My god, four votes? One of them in the random voting stage, so three total up to this point in the game? Can anyone legitimately tell me that four votes in 12 pages in a game is wishy-washy? Hell, I've voted more than four times in this game, even if you ignore Crub's votes. You accused him of wishywashy-ness, I say you're accusation is full of crap.

Your case is weakened even more when we revisit the point where Llama's vote does not count. Clearly, he does not have to follow any standards of voting, because his vote is merely a word. I know you did not like my pizza analogy, but it is correct, because in his situation, there's no difference. My question to you: How can you be wishywashy with votes if you don't even have one?

The other part of your case against LlamaFluff, where Llamafluff gets on Gob's case for the Cleveland incident,
LlamaFluffl wrote:I know I did. That was intentional for the reason of character claiming being bad. Was I 100% beyond a doubt sure that gobo had just fullclaimed? No of course not. The thing was he was being very careless with his role if he is Cleveland, and could of been trying to instigate a mass character claim. In this setup I view character claim as a bad thing, so I wanted to shut it down before it even started to begin. I dont understand why that is a bad thing to try and do.
reborn wrote:This is just so ridiculous. Even if I was Cleveland, how would saying "I'm Cleveland" be fullclaiming?! The amount of quotes flying around on Day 1 (evil monkey, anybody?) and you choose a Cleveland quote and then back it up with a misquote later on. You're trying to justify it with some irrelevent reasoning that makes you seem pro-town. I don't buy into Xtoxm's argument that we should lynch you because your ability is bad, but I still think you're a good play, because you're incredibly scummy.
I'm not sure how you can call his wanting to stop the claim from occuring to be ridiculous. Instead of arguing against his point, you suggested that the claiming of a character would trigger a fullclaim. Llamafluff is clearly suggesting that he does not think Gobo fullclaimed. I'm not sure you two meant the same thing when you said "full claim." I personally don't see how one character claim will instigate a mass character claim, but I also can't say that I know it would not.

You seem to think it's impossible for LF to have been confused. I think it's pretty impossible for him not to have been, the way he was going at it.

The difference between you and him is that in his mistakes and his playstyle, I believe he's actively going after people he thinks are scum.

I believe that you, however, are choosing to accuse him, back your case by something on the wiki, make light of his confusion, and finger him. This is why I wish to lynch you.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by reborn537 »

STD don't worry about offending me in mafia... the whole point of this is that we are arguing, and I'm not going to hold back so I certainly wouldn't wish anyone else to.

I'll answer your case in the morning, although once again it seems to be a case whereby you say that I'm scum for going for LF.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

STD talks quite convincingly, dontcha know.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by reborn537 »

STD, something to ponder while I sleep - if I am scum, who are my scum partners?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:41 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

EK and KMD.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”