TheGoldenParadox (2)
: Uncrowned, PenguinPower
skitter30 (2)
: petapan, Menalque
Hoopla (1)
: TheGoldenParadox

Not voting
: davesaz, Something_Smart, skitter30

Deadline: (expired on 2020-11-13 13:00:00)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate.

mod notes
:
- skitter30 v/la fridays & saturdays
- quack
Last edited by the worst on Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:21 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1571, Uncrowned wrote:Mena I know you've cased him but I need a bit more on Infinity. You say he's not scumhunting, which I can see to a degree... but he has taken a few stances on TGP, Daves and Hoopla.

There are other slots that I think have taken similar approaches to the game? Like you have S_S as a strong TR (which I agree with) but just judging by his gameplay, do you not think that he too hasn't really done all that much scumhunting? Which is something he has admitted to.
let me get back to this later, poke me if I forget in-between now and the next time I'm here

I don't think "taking a few stances" is equivalent to scum hunting tbf, if I'm scum I can very easily say "X, Y, Z are scum" "A, B, C are town" but if I haven't actually done anything to ascertain the alignments of those players, I'm not scumhunting

yeah, S_S is someone I've played with a lot (and I do err somewhat towards townreading him, a bias I'm aware of) but basically I don't think he's that scummy because this is in-line with his usual meta and there are a couple of things he's done which, while not enough to make him locktown, do make him town to me (I'm not revealing them specifically because I don't want him to know for the next time he rolls scum against me, if they're right :lol: )

I thought the bit where he argued with me about... something, I can't remember what, was also +town for him
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:23 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1574, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1572, Menalque wrote:
In post 1570, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1567, Menalque wrote:dunn is suggesting I'm scum who got blocked/maybe trying to soft a block on me in such a way that he can claim he was just speculating about it but not actually saying it if someone calls him on it tomorrow
Dude if you saw they were possibly sifting why would you out it unless you’re thinking their scum for it
scum will have already noticed what was a very blatant semi-soft from dunn, he wasn't being subtle
If you believe this, why do you think I'm scummy today?
bc you were doing it in such a way that if I got insta-flipped by a lolhammer you could claim tomorrow that you were just
speculating
about what happened and not actually claiming an action on me

you still haven't, which makes me unsure if you're town who's just very unsubtly softing (and also this seems like a misplay for town you especially if it seemed like I was going through anyway, why not wait and see or just push me for other reasons?) or scum who's faking the soft in a way that has deniability to try to make sure I go through
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:24 am

Post by Menalque »

also bc if you were JK then it could just as easily imply a kill attempt /on/ me, and idk why you'd choose RB as town but it would make a lot of sense for you to do so as scum
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:25 am

Post by Menalque »

it also prevents me from outing a check if I'm blocked
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:52 am

Post by Uncrowned »

Oh yeah of course it doesn't mean he is scum hunting but he did put some effort into casing Hoopla at least
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:20 am

Post by Uncrowned »

Like there's definitely an element of "less" active scumhunting than a lot of other slots but I'm not sure if it's scum indicative to that extent?

Also can you give me your thoughts on TGP? Do you not think their play EOD was a bit off?
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:25 am

Post by petapan »

UNVOTE:

VOTE: jacksonvirgo

whole pileon onto menalque today is terrible
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:26 am

Post by petapan »

want some explanation from infinity as to his vote there
free crypto
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:37 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 1505, Menalque wrote:hmm

okay, I don't think scum is exactly (skitt, lilith, infinity) but I do think there's at least one scum in there and I think quite conceivably two

I really don't like skitter's entry into today (where she's pushing for me but not really going into any detail and calling lil (one of her top SRs yesterday) out as doing good posting for her completely unsubstantiated vote on me, esp when she was happy to call DGB's vote on lili as a likely distancing vote yesterday

infinity seems to be rapidly changing his tone on me and is probably still scum (went from trying to appease me yesterday to immediately jumping onto me today with a kind of half arsed justification)

so I guess I'm leaning like (skitt, infinity, ...) rn only I'm not sure

the hoopla/JV hop ons also... weren't good
don't like how your scumreads are all people likely to be prs sorry that's gross
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:40 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 1527, Uncrowned wrote:@Mena

Both you and TGP were both "set" on Infinity and then dropped that idea for a wagon that neither of you seemed invested in at all. in fact, TGP even went as far as to say that they're "not on board with eliminating her (DGB) under any circumstances" on D1 and that they "doesn't buy the wagon" but yet decided to drop that whole mentality because she... made a claim? A claim that wasn't countered? A claim that would've been real dumb to fake considering the setup?

It just makes no sense to me.

You also behaved similarly
pgo is a negative utility role which easily explains an extra nightkill on a pr
so if lillith and someone else died n1, it could have easily been explained away as a pgo shot when it was actually a scumvig shot
basically dgb could have been scum vig which would have been great, and if not, losing a pgo isn't too bad and confirms the lack of scum 1-shot vig
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:01 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1584, TheGoldenParadox wrote:don't like how your scumreads are all people likely to be prs sorry that's gross
this is so stupid
free crypto
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:12 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1583, petapan wrote:want some explanation from infinity as to his vote there
I said yesterday that I thought mena’s SR of me was genuine, but he didn’t maintain it too long into the game which is weird. When I started putting in some effort, he likely found it more difficult to argue I’m scum (bias of having TMI helps). I believe that he was too tired to read my hoopla thing, but I think town!mena maintains the passion for his SR on me.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:17 am

Post by petapan »

ok
free crypto
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:31 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1580, Uncrowned wrote:Oh yeah of course it doesn't mean he is scum hunting but he did put some effort into casing Hoopla at least
Y-es, but anyone can effort when being called out for it directly. I think it’s a much better indicator what they’re doing when not under pressure (which is why in some games I keep my reads close to my chest for a while before outing them)

Infinity managed to put out a hoopla case under pressure that, like I said, I haven’t really evaluated yet but which didn’t grab me or astonish me

Whats he done today? Entered by sheeping the person who was picking up the most steam, in the same way that he followed the leading candidate for guillotine yesterday
In post 1581, Uncrowned wrote:Like there's definitely an element of "less" active scumhunting than a lot of other slots but I'm not sure if it's scum indicative to that extent?

Also can you give me your thoughts on TGP? Do you not think their play EOD was a bit off?
I need to look again at exactly what he did, but if it’s as you said then yeah, he’s sus, and his posts today have been Bad
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:33 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1584, TheGoldenParadox wrote:don't like how your scumreads are all people likely to be prs sorry that's gross
Like yeah, this is very obviously bad, what bearing would this have on my alignment? Imo it’s quite likely that the PRs have at least 2 scum

I know that the 5s are all town, I think it’s unlikely there’s more than 1 in the 4s and that’s about half the PL accounted for with only one PR revealed so far

So it makes sense fmpov that there are 2 scum in the first half of the draft, and the order of the draft is independent of alignment mostly and to the extent it IS related to alignment scum are generally slightly more likely to be earlier (bc they can coordinate to not pick the same numbers as each other)
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:34 am

Post by Menalque »

I’m lowkey a tiny bit paranoid that peta is white knighting me for the cred, and normally I’d be more worried about him given that DGB was hard scumreading him but I know she was wrong on me and so that makes me doubt her judgement this game more than I might if she’d been engaged and had correctly read me
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:36 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1587, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1583, petapan wrote:want some explanation from infinity as to his vote there
I said yesterday that I thought mena’s SR of me was genuine, but he didn’t maintain it too long into the game which is weird. When I started putting in some effort, he likely found it more difficult to argue I’m scum (bias of having TMI helps). I believe that he was too tired to read my hoopla thing, but I think town!mena maintains the passion for his SR on me.
I already explained this? You making an effort doesn’t make you town, but it /does/ make you easier to read than someone who wasn’t interested in doing that or producing content to be sorted making you a less good elim than the also-scummy-DGB

Whats your basis for saying I would have maintained my SR in you there as town?
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:38 am

Post by lilith2013 »

idk if Dunn’s softing the no-kill but I think he’s town
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:39 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

There's an amount of pride that goes with reads you have before replacing in, you clearly seemed like you had caught me, you were
so sure
and then I make an effort post and you're like ehh sort later without even reading it?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:54 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1591, Menalque wrote:I’m lowkey a tiny bit paranoid that peta is white knighting me for the cred, and normally I’d be more worried about him given that DGB was hard scumreading him but I know she was wrong on me and so that makes me doubt her judgement this game more than I might if she’d been engaged and had correctly read me
idk i thought your entrance to the game was good and don't get how you're somehow the one being scapegoated here for day 1
free crypto
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:59 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1560, Dunnstral wrote:The way you're pivoting off of him and he's adding you into his scum group feels fabricated. The way Hoopla suddenly swerved to Menalque looks like a bus where they realized Mena was likely going down today
I mean are u insinuating me/mena and/or hoopla/mena?

(And do you really think if i decided to bus him i'd loldrop that angle just as the wagon gets to e-1 ... )
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:00 am

Post by skitter30 »

If dunn is insinuating jk/doc/rb, my thoughts are basically going to: wtf did lilith take
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:01 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1561, Menalque wrote:
In post 1557, skitter30 wrote:Aside mena do u try to kill town!me last night, was pondering that and it's kinda relevant to my read
I haven't really thought about it

probably not? not for gameplay reasons but just because I joined to play with you so I think I'd take my chances on leaving you alive and trying to fool you
Fair enough.
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:05 am

Post by skitter30 »

VOTE: tgp

I'm kinda thinking of going back to lilith but i'm kinda baffled by what scum!her picks there

I kinda want clarity from dunn too, but i imagine he's unlikely to provide it

But just from how last game went if he's gonna firmly stick with scum!mena for mechanical reasons i'd give it some credence tbh
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “Completed Open Games”