Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I think andres is likely to be town who is suspicious of me since we have similar feelings about the gamestate but are approaching it very differently. We both feel not confident in our reads, and are worried about strong scum, but he's seeing me get really frustrated about it and is not sure why since he's doing work to re-evaluate and figure out the game anyway.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1913, Flavor Leaf wrote:@A50 - you’re just scarred from the time I lurked out until Day 4, and hard cases you and your partner when you were coasting through the game :lol:

Catching up now
Nah. I am more afraid of [redacted].

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:55 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

where you wanna vote?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I just said I didn't know. Even my strongest 3 TRs are scattered over all 3 wagons. My PoE are voting Not-DkK, but then the wagon is mstly composed of the weaker TRs.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by DkKoba »

what about mark???
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Spoiler: andres quotes
In post 382, Andresvmb wrote:Koba where are you? I think there’s some chance shellyc is Scum here hahaha
This feels towny to me for reasons I can't really explain. He's pointing out a slot that was pressured early on after the wagon lost momentum, going against the grain to do so.
In post 384, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 379, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 376, Andresvmb wrote: My disagreement was much more targeted at Shellyc and her take on Infinity. I openly said I wasn’t sure about you, which means I wasn’t as focused on that part of it. I also acknowledge that you did put out an early reads list, so that’s a positive.
About that, why did you think the readslist was towny when I only did it because koba asked?
Would you rather I SR you for providing a reads list, even though it was prompted? I know what you’re getting at, but what I liked about the list was that I did not find it offensive (I thought it was reasonable and could see how you arrived at some of those early reads).
I didn't like this easy read. There are a few places where andres does this, I'm chalking it up to it being a difficult game.
In post 467, Andresvmb wrote:This might sound silly, but I don’t want to eliminate geraintm just yet. Unless this is a strategy I haven’t seen before, no sane Scum under pressure just blurts out that they are not going to contribute at all until they have more information. It’s too blatant.

VOTE: shellyc

I’ll switch over here. I need to read some pages in more detail. I still haven’t been able to read every post.
Not sure what changed between here and his original vote on gerain.
In post 781, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 386, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 382, Andresvmb wrote:Koba where are you? I think there’s some chance shellyc is Scum here hahaha
I won't take this as an insult I wasn't mentioned.

I'd yeet shelly or geraintm today. You got a preference?
@VPB, as I’ve been catching up, I have noticed your early intense focus on geraintm (which I somewhat shared but then I moved away because it just didn’t seem like Scum would play like that D1), which is giving me pause. I also think that this narrowing of the pool for a vote D1 that you were trying to do here does not sit all that well with me, but I was trying to figure out how I felt about the game state in general before coming at you. I think you had somewhat of an overreaction with shellyc, and I think that pushing a slot that is really not providing much content to the level that you are, make me lean Scum on you to be totally honest.
The skepticism for someone he's seen be strong as scum is towny here, and he brings up some good points.
In post 796, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 552, Infinity 324 wrote:Jackson, I'd have to look at that game more closely, the posts in that spoiler have lots of different tones which range from lighter suspicions or thinking about who could be scum to things like "you're misrepping me" which I read as pretty direct. I saw some places in the other game where they were less confident too, though tbf maybe it wasn't in the same way.

Jackson feels towny from this
Sigh. What? You think trying to raise the temperature and not recognizing the similarities that VPB is openly saying exist between Koba’s Town game and approach here is Towny? Did I miss something?
Towny frustration. He was happy with me questioning jackson, but gets frustrated when I don't come to the same conclusion.
In post 845, Andresvmb wrote:@DkKoba why would I be completely rigid on D1? I am expressing my reads as I have them right now. I also don’t really have particularly strong TR’s. Like I have yet to find someone this game that is extremely likely to be Town in my view.

I also think you’re seeing these stances from me because we have a large list of somewhat difficult players to read in this game {Zdenek, DGB, geraintm, NDMath, VPB and Not_Mafia}, some players that have notable Scum skills based on my past experience {shellyc, VPB}, and some players that seem to me to be acting somewhat dogmatically or in my view, Scummy {Marky Mark (by his own admission), Jackson}. I think you’re mostly misunderstood here, but you are also very polarizing. I mean, either VPB, shellyc, DGB, and I (among others) seem to be arguing that you are Town, whereas Jackson, Marky Mark and Not_Mafia (among others) have explicitly stated or argued the reverse.

The closest thing I have to decent Town Reads are {Infinity, Tayl0r}, fully recognizing that I have a reasonable degree of skepticism of both slots still. And look at DGB’s takes there - both Null!

The argument that I am taking a back seat I disagree with, but that’s your perception. So I won’t argue about it.
See
In post 1125, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1087, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1013, Flavor Leaf wrote:I'm ready to make a play, if only to spice things up.

VOTE: Jackson
Yeet koba after me if y'all choose this is all I ask
In post 1095, JacksonVirgo wrote:Also, if you check my latest scum game. You can see how absolutely pushing I was against giving any actual information I gain as a scum role. So you thinking I would out actual results as a traitor is against my kind of playstyle.
In post 1096, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1095, JacksonVirgo wrote:Also, if you check my latest scum game. You can see how absolutely pushing I was against giving any actual information I gain as a scum role. So you thinking I would out actual results as a traitor is against my kind of playstyle.
If you wish I can quote from the mafia PT
These posts in particular made me reconsider my stance. Yeah, the first one is the easiest to fake. But I think the transparency you are showing here (comparing your play here versus how you play Scum) and the commitment to the particular read on Koba (which you later admit approaches a tunnel) make me really question whether you’re Scum. I feel like you might be a bit more hesitant to openly admit that you’re tunneling? If that makes sense?
I don't really see this reasoning but I think this is a place where town is likely to switch a read but scum isn't (kinda like taylor's read on me). I also townread jackson later for their koba tunnel.
In post 1229, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1152, Zdenek wrote:
In post 804, Andresvmb wrote:I don’t really care for your description of my progression on Koba
Could you explain it?
I’m not sure I understand what you’re asking. You could either be asking me to explain my disdain for a poor representation of my progression on Koba, or the progression itself.

If you want to better understand my view on Koba, I guess I would say the following: I have a natural inclination to want to trust Koba. We’ve played together once before, where I immediately recognized that they have good instincts as Town, and can push hard (without making giant cases). So we got along quite well, and it ended up being part of the reason we won.

Here, Koba seems to be utilizing elements of that game (same characteristic fire and aggressive attitude), but we don’t seem to agree on much. In fact, at different times, we’ve pushed each other. And I don’t know, I can’t settle on what I think about Koba’s alignment. I am skeptical of VPB for example (they can be excellent Scum, and so I definitely want to see more from him before I make up my mind there), and though Koba said (i) that they are naturally inclined to want to trust those that they have played with as Town, and mistrust those they have seen play Scum (), and (ii) that they would ISO VPB and come back with thoughts (), I haven’t seen this really play out or happen at all. Now, Koba might have thought that this wasn’t necessary once they established that VPB was Town (), but much later they left VPB as null, so I am still left wondering about this.

Also, Koba’s 180 on my slot is somewhat strange. This is what they said early in the game when they were somewhat defending me from a push by shellyc: .

And then, this is what they used to explain a vote on me: , .

Now, it’s entirely possible that Koba thought that they had seen enough from my slot, and that at that stage I was Scum. But then why the change of direction after? See .

On the other hand, and this is really what tilts the balance the other way: Koba is picking fights with practically everybody this game. Koba has SR Me (as per above), shellyc (, ), JacksonVirgo (, , , , ), NDMath (, ), Zdenek (), Tayl0r (, , , , ), Not_Mafia (, ), geraintm (), Flavor (), and Infinity (, ) by my count.

So what’s the strategy here? Piss everyone off until you get voted out? This does make the fact that there hasn’t been much pushing from Koba against VPB quite interesting. But other than that, I think this is more likely coming from someone who is trying to figure out the game.

Based on some of the pushes that I have highlighted above, is too egregious for Scum too.
I feel like it's easy for scum to say "idk how to read koba hurr durr" but this is good reasoning looking at koba's play from both sides.
In post 1473, Andresvmb wrote: I’m going to say this because well, I feel like I have to. I can’t fight you for having this take. I can’t. It’s your perception. But it’s also a cop out. It’s like saying, well, overall they seem Town and seem to be contributing, but I think it could all be fake. Yeah, maybe. But you make assessments based on what’s more likely to be the case. I understand the paranoia behind this statement (and in fact, it’s moderating my view of your slot somewhat, together with the fact that I feel like Flavor’s is a bit aggressive), but it also makes it very difficult for us to ever get on the same page if our interactions are actually TvT. So maybe that’s something you want to think about.
This is genuine and a good take tbh
In post 1518, Andresvmb wrote: I would be surprised to see {Tayl0r, Marky Mark, JV} flip Scum.
Good reads. Consistent with his skepticism of the players with stronger scum games, he townreads the players who don't seem to have a strong agenda.

So andres isn't a super strong TR, but I do think he's more likely to be town here.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:40 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Nice spoiler tags
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:52 pm

Post by DkKoba »

andres is p obvious in alignment always its like their intentions are obvious as well as their accuracy.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

What's his alignment this game?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:56 pm

Post by DkKoba »

im leaning town . maybe its my bias but im still annoyed hes feeling too entiltied to actively engage
retired
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:10 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Infinity, are you a PR?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:19 pm

Post by DkKoba »

just vote him bc hes scum :shifty:
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:19 pm

Post by DkKoba »

or are u hist parnter and getting him to claim a pr
retired
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:23 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

because unvoting your slot right before making that comment indicates I'm not about to run over infinity again *sarcasm*

comments like those are why you have a decent chance of being the one ending up getting faded today.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:30 pm

Post by DkKoba »

im town but ok
retired
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:30 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1938, Flavor Leaf wrote:comments like those are why you have a decent chance of being the one ending up getting faded today.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:33 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

im town and anyone who doubts this statement is scum and ill deathtunnel them
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:08 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1941, Tayl0r Swift wrote:im town and anyone who doubts this statement is scum and ill deathtunnel them
SHUT UP THIS IS MY STRATEGY
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:10 pm

Post by DkKoba »

TAYLOR INFIITYT AND MARK SCUM IM SO GOOD
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:10 pm

Post by DkKoba »

flafvor is being dumb and trhing to annoy me
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:10 pm

Post by DkKoba »

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm anyone here
retired
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:20 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1940, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1938, Flavor Leaf wrote:comments like those are why you have a decent chance of being the one ending up getting faded today.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:23 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I’m probably gonna end up going Gera today, just because Dk and Infinity at least post.

I’m suspicious of DGB, I’d be willing to try and get momentum going there instead. ThTs half the reason I’m okay with Gera. If Gera flipped scum, i think I’d be okay with DGB town
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:24 pm

Post by DkKoba »

fckuk you \
VOTE: falvor[/vpt]
retired
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:47 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Going VLA because I’m in hospital for health reasons and I’m not sure how long I will be here so for 48 hours?
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”