Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:40 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 789, petapan wrote:not sure if i should believe the junior detective act here
Cool story, don't care about this fencesitting
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:42 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 794, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 786, JacksonVirgo wrote:Still, my logic holds.
Wait what’s the motivation to lie then?
Because when called out originally, it was them called scummy for choosing that number. If they said it was to get a PR, they would be in a worse position.

Don't care that it was originally a joke, it wasn't obvious that it was.

wiki // GTKAS
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:43 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 949, Uncrowned wrote:The thing about that is that you said in when you unvoted that Lilith was still a target for you.

Since you're being TR by many in the game, with you saying that, I think the chances scum jump off the wagon that quick are less likely, considering a Lilith lynch still looks like it's still potentially on the cards.

I worded this in a dumb way but it's late and I don't know how to make it better LOL
So the people still on wagon are the way to go then! Looks like my dbg vote was a good one lol
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:46 am

Post by Uncrowned »

Lilith I was sheeping though (although her posts definitely had a scummy element to them imo) but I still think Daves or even DGB (Peta's analysis of the catchup was v convincing) are more likely to be scum, I guess?

I say that because I feel like Lilith has had this sort of pressure put on her that could make even townies struggle to post well under scrutiny, whereas the latter two haven't had much pressure on them this game but have still displayed scummy behaviors. Unless your experience with town!lilith suggests she deals with that type of pressure really well?

I'm coming around to the possibility that Hoopla isn't scum considering we seem to share similar opinions on Dave/DGB and her commentary on the wagon was a conclusion I believe town would naturally come to
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:47 am

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 952, skitter30 wrote:
In post 949, Uncrowned wrote:The thing about that is that you said in when you unvoted that Lilith was still a target for you.

Since you're being TR by many in the game, with you saying that, I think the chances scum jump off the wagon that quick are less likely, considering a Lilith lynch still looks like it's still potentially on the cards.

I worded this in a dumb way but it's late and I don't know how to make it better LOL
So the people still on wagon are the way to go then! Looks like my dbg vote was a good one lol
that's assuming my logic makes sense which I *think* it does

Like theoretically yeah people could see you jump off (and you're the strongest influence on that wagon) and be like "ok let's test the waters elsewhere" BUT as you said i'm TRing most of those who got off it and I think you left the door open enough on her still being a lynch candidate for scum to feel comfortable staying put
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:02 am

Post by the worst »

vote count 1.25

DrippingGoofball (3)
: lilith2013, skitter30, petapan
Hoopla (3)
: TheGoldenParadox, Infinity 324, Dunnstral
lilith2013 (2)
: DrippingGoofball, davesaz
Pine (2)
: PenguinPower, Uncrowned
petapan (1)
: JacksonVirgo
davesaz (1)
: Hoopla

Not voting
: Something_Smart, Pine

Deadline: (expired on 2020-11-02 21:15:00)

With 14 alive it takes 8 to eliminate.

mod notes
:
- prodding pine
- skitter30 v/la Fridays & Saturdays.
- quack
Last edited by the worst on Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:07 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 941, Uncrowned wrote:As I was going back through these, this is exactly what I was thinking.

Idk if this is just a feature of your playstyle S_S but the fact you aren't taking stances on these slots which are behaving in a way which I would say is pretty polarizing is weird to say the least
...I don't think that's what skitter was getting at there. I thought she was saying that I might have been scum intentionally drawing a faulty comparison to protect lilith. (Which isn't something I would do; I wouldn't lie about something that easily verifiable.)

Just because slots are polarizing doesn't mean I have to be polarized, if you get my drift? And I think slowness to form reads is a virtue because it keeps me from jumping to conclusions and becoming confbiased; but regardless, it's a playstyle trait, not an alignment-indicative one.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:08 am

Post by skitter30 »

This will be an intriguing vc later
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:10 am

In post 943, Uncrowned wrote:There seems to be a lot of "this could reasonably come from a town perspective" which is something we were frowning upon when Infinity was doing it earlier.
Can you link where this happened with Infinity? (Not that I doubt it did, I just want to make sure we're talking about the same event.)
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:15 am

In post 946, Uncrowned wrote:Draft order alone isn't enough of a towncase for a player to make me not want to lynch them.
This misses the point. It's not that high draft order makes someone townier-- ask Hoopla and she'll show you stats that illustrate the opposite-- it's that they are comparatively more valuable to town, and therefore riskier to execute. In some cases, they will be actively valuable to town even if scum, for instance if they are a vig we can leash or an investigative that produces accurate results.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:23 am

Post by Uncrowned »

Well yes but people aren't making that argument, they're just outright refusing or being adamant about not lynching those slots when I'd rather just take the risk if my instincts tell me that persons scum, you get me?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:23 am

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 958, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 943, Uncrowned wrote:There seems to be a lot of "this could reasonably come from a town perspective" which is something we were frowning upon when Infinity was doing it earlier.
Can you link where this happened with Infinity? (Not that I doubt it did, I just want to make sure we're talking about the same event.)
will look for this now
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:28 am

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 744, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 732, Infinity 324 wrote:There were a bunch of posts where I was like “ok, I don’t agree that this post makes someone more towny/scummy, but I see how someone could think that”.
I mean how much does that really count for? If you can see town-DGB thinking something, surely scum-DGB can see town-DGB thinking it?
In post 745, Something_Smart wrote:In fact I think "these thoughts sound like things a townie could reasonably believe" is pretty much what scum shoot for in making fake reads.
I believe this is what I was referencing
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:29 am

Post by Uncrowned »

I actually wasn't aware you were the one that said it tbh I thought Penguin did but yeah
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:30 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I'm really genuinely sorry I've been lackluster this game. Just been feeling kinda shit. I promise I'll give this game a relook with a different lense, or at least I'll try my best. I feel kinda shitty, I was so hyped to play with uncrowned but then I just went ugh and probably dissapointed you dude :c

wiki // GTKAS
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:32 am

Post by Uncrowned »

NOOO don't stress! I still love playing with you

hope everything is okay. just chill and play whenever you want to, not because you feel like you have to <3
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:38 am

Post by PenguinPower »

but you have to </3
<(") | (")>
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:41 am

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 956, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 941, Uncrowned wrote:As I was going back through these, this is exactly what I was thinking.

Idk if this is just a feature of your playstyle S_S but the fact you aren't taking stances on these slots which are behaving in a way which I would say is pretty polarizing is weird to say the least
...I don't think that's what skitter was getting at there. I thought she was saying that I might have been scum intentionally drawing a faulty comparison to protect lilith. (Which isn't something I would do; I wouldn't lie about something that easily verifiable.)

Just because slots are polarizing doesn't mean I have to be polarized, if you get my drift? And I think slowness to form reads is a virtue because it keeps me from jumping to conclusions and becoming confbiased; but regardless, it's a playstyle trait, not an alignment-indicative one.
I looked back at this quote and realized my point is entirely unrelated lmao you are correct I think that's what she was getting at too

As for your second point... sure, I guess, if you feel like you're a person susceptible to confirmation bias but to me it just seems a bit tooooooo uncertain

Like I took a pretty hard stance on Hoopla not long ago at all and I'm already starting to back off it a bit. I don't think it's wrong to take stances on things. I've probably beaten this idea to death already but im a pretty big believer in townies having ever-changing mindsets and I think that's something a lot of scum are afraid to replicate because it'll lead to them having to explain and that's when mistakes are made
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:42 am

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 966, PenguinPower wrote:but you have to </3
WE WERENT SUPPOSED TO TELL THEM THAT PENGUIN GODDAMNIT
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:48 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Don't worry I will post in the morning, sorry again dudes I'm not always like this

wiki // GTKAS
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:21 am

In post 962, Uncrowned wrote:I believe this is what I was referencing
I think you might have misunderstood ? I wasn't calling out Infinity, I was just saying I disagreed with his read.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:22 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 900, skitter30 wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 452, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 451, lilith2013 wrote: Why?
In post 433, Infinity 324 wrote:I find scum more likely to say "I may be bad but not scum" since people don't like to admit they're wrong. "feels a little off" is way down in confidence from where you were just a second ago too.
This reasoning still applies, I think tgp is trying to get read as "bad town"
In post 455, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 422, TheGoldenParadox wrote: penguin you can call my takes bad but calling me scum for them is a terrible take yourself
This is not quite "I may be bad but I'm not scum" but it's close enough. "Feels a little off" is something you'd use to describe a post from someone you were otherwise townreading, not a hard scumread usually.
In post 545, Infinity 324 wrote:Jackson why are you focusing on NAI stuff so much, this is literally just about theory.
In post 551, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 549, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 545, Infinity 324 wrote:Jackson why are you focusing on NAI stuff so much, this is literally just about theory.
I don't see it as nai but if you want to explain why that'd be neat
Like, s_s made a post about his opinion on mafia in general (i.e., that good reads are hard to get as town or fake as scum). Do you think he could be lying?

@lilith these felt like a townie approach to me ^
I can see it with the last two. what about the first two posts is towny?

I think I’m mostly pinged by the timing of his vote, at the height of my wagon, in response to posts that I think I’d make as either alignment - like these are all discussions we’ve had before and I’ve made probably very similar posts in multiple games (me vs SS, me vs you) and it doesn’t help me to lie there because if I’m scum and you’re town and you know I’m faking the conversation then I’m easy to catch. (this made sense in my head, sorry)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:23 am

Though, there is a difference between what he did and what I did-- he tried to say that DGB was towny because he could imagine her posts as coming from town, whereas I was just saying that lilith isn't scummy because I can imagine her posts as coming from town.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:25 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 925, Hoopla wrote:
In post 920, Dunnstral wrote:A lot of people just hopped off of Lilith. From l-1 to l-5
this is alarming to me.

when a wagon collapses for no apparent reason, it's usually because it was artificially inflated (ie; scum driven), which implies lilith is town. skitter was the only person who put in real effort for her lilith vote. everyone else seemed to be riding on her coattails.

who's scum?

i think DGB/davesaz was the tipping point and most suspect. i probably prefer davesaz over DGB, if only because DGB is doubled up with pine.

VOTE: davesaz
Why wouldn’t you vote DGB just because she’s doubled up? Why does that preclude her from being scum, unless you’re scumreading Pine and think that scum wouldn’t be doubled together?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:25 am

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 970, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 962, Uncrowned wrote:I believe this is what I was referencing
I think you might have misunderstood ? I wasn't calling out Infinity, I was just saying I disagreed with his read.
well yeah but you making similar points when you disagreed with someone else for it is contradictory, no?

Return to “Completed Open Games”