mini #585 - A Tempest Has Formed (Over), Thanks Patrick!!

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:53 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Yeh, that's what I thought for a while, but he keeps saying that me and him aren't clear cos of JK, I think that could be it. But I agree, despite that, personally i'd just hammer and let my partner kill, take on the JK. Either he didn't want to risk that, or he isn't scum with Poro.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:02 am

Post by Cream147 »

Xtoxm wrote:Good post, Cream.

I just had a thought - Perhaps Matt is the best lynch for today? The way I see it, there's still an outside chance of Poro being SK...But with Matt, he's mafia in both scenario's. Perhaps we should lynch him?
I've now seen this game in a different light. I was tunnel-visioned before, as you might've noticed. :p
Mmm but if Ala is the SK wouldnt he have hammered him?
This is a real oddity. A flaw in the plan. This actually seems to suggest, at least to me, that there are indeed only 2 mafia. You said about alvinz' little slip earlier. If Matt was the only mafia left, hammering Alab like that wouldn't be the smartest thing to do. Of course, if there are only 2 mafia, isn't it possible that Poro could be mafia as well? Maybe it was just an oversight by Matt that he didn't hammer Alab?
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:14 am

Post by populartajo »

There must be something wrong if the only player I think is town at the moment is Cream......
Xtoxm, have you heard of games wuth lovers before? Any idea of the town-scum ratio?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:25 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Well, not really, the only completed one that comes to mind is Polygamist, and that's a nightless vanilla, so it's really no comparison. I'll have a quick snoop... :P
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:29 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Elemental Mafia had them, but again, really no comparision, it was a cult game...Here's the link anyway...

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... highlight=
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:38 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Did a bit of searching, i've managed to find one mini normal with just two scum.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7268

I have heard somewhere than in a vanilla game, 3 scum makes mafia overpowered, 2 is balanced (for a 12 player game).

Not found any lovers...
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:44 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Hmm. I've just found a completed game shockingly similar to ours.

http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6892

Just 2 mafia goons. Imo, this game was town powered. But with this game having the lovers, instead of miller...It's basically exactly the same, save that (I went to the end, the doctor is a JK, he just didn't know he was).

Perhaps just 2 scum is possible. But still, I think it's safer to assume worst case scenario.

I think Poro is the lynch.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:51 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I've checked most games on page 1 and 2, can't find any lovers, unfortunatley.

However, conclusion: It might be possible that there are only 2 mafiates in this game.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:53 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Although, it is worth noting that ALL the other games I checked had 3 mafia.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Xtoxm wrote:I've checked most games on page 1 and 2, can't find any lovers, unfortunatley.

However, conclusion: It might be possible that there are only 2 mafiates in this game.
Page 1 and 2 of Little Italy*
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:08 am

Post by populartajo »

I think Alvinz did slip that he only had one partner. And with that in mind, I think that bussing in D1 is almost impossible. Thats why Poro and Cream cant be scum.

Matt, in the other hand, knowing that he cant win if Ala is the SK, makes sense now as a extremely possible scumpartner. Ill reread him soon.

And there's Skruffs that if he's indeed the jailkeeper he should roleblock Alabaska and be killed for scum. However if he's scum he wont win this night.

But only and only if we have two mafiates. Should we take the risk and lynch Matt?
Call me Tajo.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:22 am

Post by Xtoxm »

EG/Alv did not bus. It was some light distancing. I maintain that Poro is a suspect.

I could go with a Matt lynch, I think.

I think AJ should be Jailed tonight...Sorry... :(
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:32 am

Post by Cream147 »

Xtoxm wrote:EG/Alv did not bus. It was some light distancing. I maintain that Poro is a suspect.

I could go with a Matt lynch, I think.

I think AJ should be Jailed tonight...Sorry... :(
I agree with every word of this.
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:32 am

Post by Cream147 »

Actually, I agree with every word of it except 'Sorry'
[u]Apologies[/u]
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:53 am

Post by Porochaz »

Why are you sorry? Hes definetly an anti town role, which means one less scum no matter who we lynch.

An Xtoxm lynch still seems the way to go to me, it seems like the obvious option. Hes been the scummiest all day and I think it would be a big mistake to lynch anyone else... also a miller is nothing like a lover stop painting it that way. Can anyone else, ie. Cream, Skruffs, Pop, Matt...(NOT Xtoxm) I need to know why a Xtoxm is the wrong way to go because I just dont understand why he is out from all of you.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:57 am

Post by populartajo »

Porochaz wrote:Why are you sorry? Hes definetly an anti town role, which means one less scum no matter who we lynch.

An Xtoxm lynch still seems the way to go to me, it seems like the obvious option. Hes been the scummiest all day and I think it would be a big mistake to lynch anyone else... also a miller is nothing like a lover stop painting it that way. Can anyone else, ie. Cream, Skruffs, Pop, Matt...(NOT Xtoxm) I need to know why a Xtoxm is the wrong way to go because I just dont understand why he is out from all of you.
I think that if you reread what Gaspode had to say about Alvinz D1 you would change your mind. Actually, can you do that and show us why should we vote for Xtoxm?
Call me Tajo.
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:00 am

Post by Cream147 »

Porochaz wrote:Why are you sorry? Hes definetly an anti town role, which means one less scum no matter who we lynch.

Gaspode (former xtoxm) was way too aggresive towards alvinz on Day 1. If indeed, alvinz does have only a partner, it would be surprising to see such strong bussing on Day 1. In fact, it would be surprising to see such strong bussing in any case.
[u]Apologies[/u]
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:04 am

Post by populartajo »

Wait, if we're believing that Alvinz has only one partner. Why dont we kill Ala?
Call me Tajo.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:06 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Because we have to assume worst case scenario, rather than risk a loss.

We don't KNOW that there are only 2 scum.

Aswell as the Gaspode thing, I like to think i've been one of the most pro-town here.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Matt_S »

Xtoxm wrote:Aswell as the Gaspode thing, I like to think i've been one of the most pro-town here.
This made me lol.

I don't know whey people think alvinz would only have one partner, unless you're referring to the part where he accused iamausername of bussing. One partner would make the game pretty swingy.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:25 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Matt_S wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:Aswell as the Gaspode thing, I like to think i've been one of the most pro-town here.
This made me lol.
Why is that?

I believe i've been either most or 2nd most active here.
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:27 am

Post by Cream147 »

Xtoxm wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
This made me lol.
Why is that?

You
have
been active...I wouldn't exactly say you've been greatly protown though. I still think that a read of you makes me think 'SK'.
[u]Apologies[/u]
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Matt_S »

Xtoxm wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
This made me lol.
Why is that?

So being active makes you protown? What, is that a corollary to lynch all lurkers?
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Porochaz »

lol active does not protown by a long way and you know that, and besides anything else suggesting you are the most protown is laughable, skruffs is more protown than you, cream is more protown than you, hell everyone is more protown than you, Im not including me in this cause thats up to everyone else but hell youve been the least protown person all day and the only reason your still alive is Gaspodes play in day 1.

Which I read and it does make him look more protown. However, it isnt as aggressive case as your all making out, it wasnt a great case to start out with and without reading the other posts (which I will do) it looks like he just went with it as it looked like there was no other option.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Well, sometimes when I look at my own play, I find myself town/scummy/nuetral etc, this game, I think I am acting incredibly pro-town.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”