Mini 657 - Chain Reaction Mafia (Winner Announced)

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:55 am

Post by Crazy »

forbiddanlight wrote:
Actually, ZS, you're looking a lot more town to me than forbiddan.
And why precisely do I look scummy? Because you are trying to break the game with dice and I want to play mafia? Geez...
I think you're trying too hard to look pro-town. Kinda subjective, but still.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:09 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:14 am

Post by Crazy »

I realize that it borders on that, but it's not about
looking
townie, it's about
trying
to look townie.

ZS is obviously not trying to look townie, while you are.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:27 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

No, I'm actually not trying to look townie. I'm sorry I come off that way but I really can't help how it looks to you. I still say you are using a Too Townie argument, because I'm honestly trying to have a town win by actually playing mafia.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:35 am

Post by Crazy »

Well, it doesn't really make a difference to me. I mean, I think you could be scum, but since we're not trying to lynch scum here, that's all kind of pointless. The goal of this game is to find town, not to find scum. So our town-hunting skills are much more valuable than our scum-hunting skills here.

So far, I think TDC is most likely to be town.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:36 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, it doesn't really make a difference to me. I mean, I think you could be scum, but since we're not trying to lynch scum here, that's all kind of pointless. The goal of this game is to find town, not to find scum. So our town-hunting skills are much more valuable than our scum-hunting skills here.

So far, I think TDC is most likely to be town.
I'm still waiting for everyone. Then I can assess within context of everyone else. I lean town on TDC, but I still can see scum possiblities for his plan.
-StrangerCoug

ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:55 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Alright, this experimental game is style confusing me. D:
Crazy wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:
Still, just from suggesting that plan, I'd like to assume that TDC is town. If we don't want to go for a random lynch, I'll go for that.
We barely have a page of discussion. Why are you trying to push the lynch so quickly?
A better question, why do you want to stall this game so much, and reject every suggestion?

Seriously, discussion will not help as much as you're thinking. Discussion here will just give more time for the scum to manipulate us.

And besides, TDC is my top pick for town so far. You have any ideas?
This post assumes that the town will fall for the same faulty logic as you. IF we slow down and think, it will be harder for scum to manipulate us because we will be able to read through their actions.

Picking someone for pro-town like that is dangerous in this game, there was barely any ground to say so when you said it.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:37 am

Post by Crazy »

What's so dangerous about saying that you think someone is pro-town? I do it all the time.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:42 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Crazy wrote:What's so dangerous about saying that you think someone is pro-town? I do it all the time.
You said it when there was barely any reasoning to go off of and in this game, the object for the scum is to look as pro-town as possible, no?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:41 am

Post by Crazy »

ClockworkRuse wrote:
Crazy wrote:What's so dangerous about saying that you think someone is pro-town? I do it all the time.
You said it when there was barely any reasoning to go off of and in this game, the object for the scum is to look as pro-town as possible, no?
Correct, but I believe that I had a decent amount of information to go on.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:52 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

You have the plan. The plan that may or may not have been a mistake or intentional misleading. I don't think that's enough to declare someone pro town.
-StrangerCoug

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:00 am

Post by Crazy »

The plan, if it had worked, would do wonders for the town. And since I had misinterpreted Max's comment the same way as TDC said he did, I'm inclined to believe him.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:04 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The plan, if it had worked, would do wonders for the town. And since I had misinterpreted Max's comment the same way as TDC said he did, I'm inclined to believe him.
I suppose it's possible. I personally thought it was obvious, but still. But it's still WIFOMable, so I wouldn't exactly hang the hopes of the town on it.
-StrangerCoug

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:10 am

Post by Crazy »

Can we have some voting at least? Random voting if anything? It works in normal games, why not here?
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:19 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Crazy wrote:Can we have some voting at least? Random voting if anything? It works in normal games, why not here?
Because we aren't really voting to fish for reactions of scum, so it doesn't really benefit us that much. At least that's what I think.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:02 am

Post by Max »

ClockworkRuse wrote:
Crazy wrote:Can we have some voting at least? Random voting if anything? It works in normal games, why not here?
Because we aren't really voting to fish for reactions of scum, so it doesn't really benefit us that much. At least that's what I think.
You are fishing for reactions of scum, but they might not mind voting partners as it depends on the final player, they would be willing to vote some players not others.
slayer645
slayer645
Townie
slayer645
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:14 am

Post by slayer645 »

honestly I agree with the random vote Idea.

its not finding scum thats really Important in this game its who the last one standing is, and with more town players we have a much better chance of that person being a town with a random vote.
the only really hope the scum has is manipulating us to vote for someone who would leave ether one of them alive at the end of the chain.

so in this game, under these conditions yes disscusion=not good.
reallizing this those who wish disscusion are decidedly anti-town.

Vote count
plz
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:22 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

slayer645 wrote:honestly I agree with the random vote Idea.

its not finding scum thats really Important in this game its who the last one standing is, and with more town players we have a much better chance of that person being a town with a random vote.
the only really hope the scum has is manipulating us to vote for someone who would leave ether one of them alive at the end of the chain.

Vote count
plz
It's just as easy for scum to manipulate a quick lynch as it would be to manipulate discussion. I disagree with this whole "No discussion" thought pattern.
Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:22 am

Post by Jex »

Looking at the rules, technically everyone is voting right now. Everyone must have a vote out at all times, and if you don't, the vote is on yourself.

vote tovarish
for no real movies
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:31 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Why? Discussion is rather good if people don't turn their brains off. 82% is worse than what we might get if we actually...yanno...play mafia. It could be better, but that'd be the fault of bad play. Do you not trust yourself to play well enough to win on your wits rather than dice?
and
Vote:Jex
for posting above me.
-StrangerCoug

Jex
Jex
Goon
Jex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by Jex »

Jex wrote:
vote tovarish
for no real movies
lol. i just came back and read this and realized that I meant to say "for no real reason" but apparently I was thinking about movies when I was typing. Interesting.
"Tricks and treachery are the practice of fools that don't have the brains enough to be honest." ~ Benjamin Franklin
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

lol. i just came back and read this and realized that I meant to say "for no real reason" but apparently I was thinking about movies when I was typing. Interesting.
Obviously the scum want to take their loved ones to movies so that they can kill them! And thus start the chain causing them to win. I'm amazed I missed it before! It's airtight everyone.
-StrangerCoug

TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:45 am

Post by TDC »

forbiddanlight wrote:82% is worse than what we might get if we actually...yanno...play mafia. It could be better, but that'd be the fault of bad play. Do you not trust yourself to play well enough to win on your wits rather than dice?
*shrug* This is basically a normal D1, and from my experience D1 lynches are seldom better than random. They're far more useful for the following days (which we don't have, we only have this).

The only information that we do have is who loves who, so I guess the question is whether partners would want to chain themselves together or try to avoid that.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:05 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

*shrug* This is basically a normal D1, and from my experience D1 lynches are seldom better than random. They're far more useful for the following days (which we don't have, we only have this).

The only information that we do have is who loves who, so I guess the question is whether partners would want to chain themselves together or try to avoid that.
Actually, this isn't a normal D1. We are looking for who is town for the most part, rather than who is scum. I'm not sure if this is easier than harder, but the goal is to lynch whoever is after our paragon of towniness.
-StrangerCoug

TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:15 am

Post by TDC »

Yes, but I can't see us finding out someone's town with more than 80% certainty either.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”