Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Mokina
Mokina
It's a Trap!
Mokina
It's a Trap!
It's a Trap!

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by Mokina »

You are a
Wannabe Ninja

You have worked hard for years to become an apprentice of the Forum Ninjas, and finally they have given you a chance to prove yourself. You are not aligned with any of the major factions, but you must survive to the end to fulfill your win condition.

You must write the last post in the thread before it is locked. And yes, that means you have to post
after
MeMe.

Good luck, apprentice. You'll need it.

MODNOTE: Remind the list mods to use the checkbox, not the lock button.
"Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:50 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Tarhalindur wrote:Remind me to post here when a certain ongoing game is done.
Now that it's no longer ongoing, some roles, courtesy of Mind Screw Mafia...
<Just when you think that life can't get any worse, it does.

It wasn't enough to give you a dead mother and a sociopathic father (plus a bunch of teammates who are nearly as screwed up as you are, if not more so). It wasn't enough to have to fight beings they call Angels in something resembling but entirely different from a giant robot. It wasn't enough to see everything you cared for get ruined in a horrific manner. Now you're having to live through this?

"Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations! For all the children, congratulations!"

Screw these games, screw all these wheels-within-wheels conspiracies, screw all this freaky mind stuff. You don't care who you are or what role you're supposed to play. You just want to get out of the game.>

Welcome to Tarhalindur Mostly Mountainous,
PLAYERNAME
. You are S
hinji Ikari (from Neon Genesis Evangelion)
. Congratulations!

You win when all other factions are dead, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm via return PM.
You finally did it. After so many years, you managed to free yourself from that weird penal colony. You are a free man.

Then again, if you'd known that this was what freedom was like, you might have chosen not to escape in the first place. You remember a world of order and freedom... there may be freedom here, but there's not order. During one moment, the waves are crashing against the shore - the next moment, the shore is crashing against the waves. The only thing that seems to be constant is that speaker that keeps blasting out "All Along the Watchtower". Why? Good question.

Eh, it's not worth worrying about at the moment. You may not understand what's going on here, but at least you're free. That's got to count for something.

Welcome to Mind Screw Mafia,
PLAYERNAME
. You are
Number 6 (from The Prisoner)
. You spent the last few years in some strange penal colony, and now that you're free you're not going to give up that freedom easily. Even this mindscrew of a reality is better than where you were.

You are a
1-Shot Pro-Town Self-Reviver
. You have the following special ability:

Cheat Death
- the first time you would be killed (by any means), all of the events leading up to your death will be revealed as an elaborate ruse on the part of the other Prisoners and you will escape with your life.

You win when all other factions are dead, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm via return PM.

Mod Notes:
- Actually
Number 6 (from Battlestar Galactica), Townie Sleeper Agent
(the more common name for the role is Judas). When killed, resurrects (via Cheat Death) as Mafia Goon.
- Hidden Ability -
Dead Man' Switch
: If both Mafia are dead at or before the beginning of Day 2, Sleeper Agent will be secretly modkilled and resurrected as a 1-Shot Mafia Self-Reviver. If both Mafia are dead and the last Mafioso died between the beginning of Day 2 and the beginning of Day 3, Sleeper Agent will be secretly modkilled and resurrected as a Mafia Goon.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Booker
Booker
Goon
Booker
Goon
Goon
Location: Pondering if he should actually play Mafia at one point.

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:32 am

Post by Booker »

Now I want to watch Neon Genesis Evangelion again...

For the sake of being topical, you are
The Joker
, Gotham's friendly neighborhood anarchist supervillain. Sure they'll try, but your speciality is destroying other people's plans, and the Mafia will be unable to nightkill you. Every night, you can give up to two people a night/daykill, and can place whatever limitations on their usage you want. (acceptable targets, timeframe, etc) If you only give one person a kill, you can make a kill if they choose not to. If you don't give anyone a kill, you can make a night/daykill yourself. All kills given must be used within a day/night cycle of receiving them, or not at all. You win if, at endgame, two-thirds or more of the total deaths are
not
from lynches or endgame.
The entire time I was trying to get my voodoo doll to work. The closest I got was slapping someone with it. -Snix, Haunted Mansion 5
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:35 am

Post by gorckat »

can place whatever limitations on their usage you want.
On A: Kill B or die
On C: Kill D or die

:twisted:
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:38 am

Post by gorckat »

You are Nervous Nelly. Every time someone votes, you must quote the vote and ask "Are you sure?". Whenever someone unvotes you must quote the unvote and say "Oh, thank goodness!".

You win with the Town, but only if you were either NK'd or are alive at the end of the game.
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:42 am

Post by Iron Man »

Actually, The Joker doesnt sound like a bad role. It actually looks like an awesome role if the setup around it is properly developed.
I'm back.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Iron Man wrote:Actually, The Joker doesnt sound like a bad role. It actually looks like an awesome role if the setup around it is properly developed.
I agree with ironman
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by pacman281292 »

You are Pacman. Each night, you MUST try to eat anyone you think is scummy. That person will die and his alignment will only be revealed to you! But, beware of ghosts! If you try to eat one of them, you will die!
You win when (town winning condition)
MODNOTE: All scum are Ghosts.

Would become a better role with this:
You are a Pacman Game Super-Pill. You know that at Pacman game there are four Super-Pills (x, y and z).
If Pacman (w, a vig) try to eat (kill) you, his powers will be raised to the maximum level!!! You don't know how, but that will be good for town!
You win when (town winning condition)
MODNOTE: If Pacman eats the Super Pill, he will have a daykill (he will not be told why) and he will be able to eat Ghosts the next night. He will also be "bulletproof" the other night (2 nights after eating the pill)
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:41 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

You are Japanese Tentacle-bewb-girl.
If you post in the game, the mod will edit it to contain graphic hentai, which will cause everyone else to die.
You win if anyone can not be violently sick when looking at your posts.
butterfry
butterfry
Townie
butterfry
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:11 am

Post by butterfry »

You are a broken-winged old angel.
Your votes are only counted half of the time, and your votes are only counting for half a vote.
But you have to be roleblocked to be killed.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

You are Japanese Tentacle-bewb-girl.
If you post in the game, the mod will edit it to contain graphic hentai, which will cause everyone else to die.
Given the fact that most of the people here have been around the internet, this sounds like an easy win condition.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
habitang
habitang
Goon
habitang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:10 pm

Post by habitang »

You are Steve.
You have the night time ability of sleeping. To which you dream of someone dying. In the morning, that person is dead.
You win when you work out what's going on and convince at least 2 others.
If you get lynched, you lose.

Mod note:
There is no actual mafia in the game. Cop and doctor exist.
Cop investigates always innocent.
They may choose not to sleep, and then nobody dies.
Psychiatrist exists, can only help when someone specifically asks them for help. If Steve gets cured then someone else becomes Steve and their previous role becomes null.
Town wins when they work out what's going on.

What is actually going on:
Steve is an evil spirit that kills people. Steve is killed by feeding the Steve-possessed-person with dirty shoes of left-handed people.
habitang
habitang
Goon
habitang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:45 pm

Post by habitang »

You are the winner.
You win whenever you choose to win. You may claim to win at any time even after your death. You lose if you fail to claim you win before game ends.

You are random.
You must be random. You randomly win.

You are an example to the rest of them.
You must misquote the Mod on all occasions. Mod will then kill you. You win by default. But not in this game, you win by default another game on another site unknown to you.

You can't win. But you should still try. Win conditions: you can't.
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:31 am

Post by pacman281292 »

habitang wrote:You are the winner.
You win whenever you choose to win. You may claim to win at any time even after your death. You lose if you fail to claim you win before game ends.
Technically, that would be a No-Endgame Jester+Night Jester. He wins when he does post his "Bah!" post.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:50 am

Post by gorckat »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:You are Japanese Tentacle-bewb-girl.
For purely, uh...legitimate, erm...research (!) into that roles, ah...balance (yeah), perhaps you could forward me the pics you're planning on using?
Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by Rashiminos »

You are The
Mod's Sick Joke.
Frankly, it takes a sadistic bastard mod to run a game featuring roles from the worst ideas thread. Unfortunately for you, the mod of this game is a sadistic bastard. Unlike The Mod's Worst Enemy, it's not enough to point you out to every townie in existence. Nor is the mod going for an outright modkill. The mod has decided to torture you for amusement.

Your role will change at the beginning of each day, including the first day. You will adopt all aspects of the new role, yet you will retain a post restriction mentioned below and your Mod's Sick Joke winning condition. The mod will choose the role for you. Since the mod has omniscience, the mod will make the best attempt to screw you over. Your mission is to thwart the mod's intentions and survive until the end of the game.

You are restricted from claiming (or suggesting) the existance of this role, and you cannot confirm someone else's theory on this role. You must also abide by the post restrictions of whatever your current role is for the day (and night should it become necessary).

I have some good news. Some of us feel this mod needs to be put back in line, so we've changed the role a bit if the mod wanted to use it. First, you also have your current role's win condition, and if you die that win condition will still be applicable. Second, if you manage to fulfill your original win condition by surviving to the endgame, you get to write the final death scene and avenge yourself on the mod. Good luck.
I was thinking about Jesters and then I thought of this.
Show
Completed Games:
Newbie: 459, 625(replace), 642
Mini: 659

[i]Ralph, the Driv3r.[/i]
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:37 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:You are
GONZO Digimation

If you post in the game, the mod will edit it to contain graphic hentai, which will cause everyone else to
die
have a love affair with their hand.

You win when you produce a new anime that is a) not 100% fanservice and b) not horrible.
(Full Metal Panic!, Get Backers, Get Backers 21, and Vandread aren't new, so they don't count.)
Fixed for great justice.
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:38 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Rashiminos wrote:
You are The
Mod's Sick Joke.
Frankly, it takes a sadistic bastard mod to run a game featuring roles from the worst ideas thread. Unfortunately for you, the mod of this game is a sadistic bastard. Unlike The Mod's Worst Enemy, it's not enough to point you out to every townie in existence. Nor is the mod going for an outright modkill. The mod has decided to torture you for amusement.

Your role will change at the beginning of each day, including the first day. You will adopt all aspects of the new role, yet you will retain a post restriction mentioned below and your Mod's Sick Joke winning condition. The mod will choose the role for you. Since the mod has omniscience, the mod will make the best attempt to screw you over. Your mission is to thwart the mod's intentions and survive until the end of the game.

You are restricted from claiming (or suggesting) the existance of this role, and you cannot confirm someone else's theory on this role. You must also abide by the post restrictions of whatever your current role is for the day (and night should it become necessary).

I have some good news. Some of us feel this mod needs to be put back in line, so we've changed the role a bit if the mod wanted to use it. First, you also have your current role's win condition, and if you die that win condition will still be applicable. Second, if you manage to fulfill your original win condition by surviving to the endgame, you get to write the final death scene and avenge yourself on the mod. Good luck.
I was thinking about Jesters and then I thought of this.
Wrong thread.
User out of ambit.

Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:40 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

You are my
Slave
. You can do all the vote counts and take care of the night actions, I'm too lazy. You win if your performance is satisfying.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:35 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

habitang wrote:You are the winner.
Modnote: Game starts in LyLo.
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:56 am

Post by pacman281292 »

You are the Mafia Jester. Your Mafia partners are (insert names here).
You must follow these conditions if you want to win: (Insert Jester winning condition) and (insert scum winning condition).
Modnote: All scum members are Mafia Jesters.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:21 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

You are a
Conniving Bastard Troublemaker
. You win if you get at least half the players in the game modkilled.
#greenshirtthursdays
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:44 am

Post by Vi »

You are a
Ditzy Amnesiac
. You are aligned with the Mafia; your partners are ____ and ____. You win when everyone but your faction is dead or outnumbered.

Mafia is just this big game of theory, right? Everyone says these things and stuff, and you lose track of who's who or who said what and if it's a tell or anything... yeah. Did that make any sense to you? I can't really remember if I said anything specific or anything... yeah. I think your Post Restriction for this game is that you can't, like, directly quote anything that isn't on your current page (assuming 25 posts per page). And when I say directly quote, I mean stuff like putting it in tags, italicizing it, putting it in "quotation marks", or basically using someone else's words in your own post. So, like, if you're about to get post 75, you're on a new page and can't quote anything. If you're about to take post 99, you can quote anything from posts 75 to the present. And if you get it wrong, don't worry, you'll just get modkilled on the spot, m'kay?

Good luck and all that.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:47 am

Post by Empking »

You are an unlimited dayvig. You can kill as many people during the day by posting
Kill:Person
You win with the town.

You are the daykill immune mafia. Your partners are X and Y. You are immune to daykills. Your partners are also immune to daykills.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

Empking wrote:You are an unlimited dayvig. You can kill as many people during the day by posting
Kill:Person
You win with the town.

You are the daykill immune mafia. Your partners are X and Y. You are immune to daykills. Your partners are also immune to daykills.
I recognize you won't know mafia is kill imune, but should you figure it out after you see your kill fail then the best strategy would be...

Once someone hits L-1 then you kill them. If kill fails then drop the hammer. All 'scummy' townies will be day killed and the game will not get sent into night until a mafioso dies. You aren't gauranteed to win but you will avoid night and flak from town should everybody figure out the Scum is day kill imune after you claim.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly

Return to “Mafia Discussion”