Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:42 am

Post by Blitzo »

In post 2272, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:there's other stuff too that gamma mentioned - like the way you latched on to the anti-Gamma case which mostly centered on his shift in relation with you - despite knowing that the shift was due to your overnight convo in the neighborhood.

That part is super shady af.
It's actually not.
Have you read UG's case?
Serious question.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2271, Blitzo wrote:Gamma I actually don't think you really have much of an excuse to be voting me anymore so if you could just not sweep that under the rug again that'd be awesome.
I think I am not using an excuse to vote you. While I thought you might be partners with Noraa I’ve felt your play throughout the game has been suspicious at multiple times, and after I wrote all of it out while outing the hood I pretty much realized “this is actually a lot of evidence I’m looking at”.
I thought your entry into the game was suspect, I’ve had to fight tooth and nail to get you to post content in the hood several times, including him going pretty damn quiet after I posted the Noraa meta wall (his posts past then were just apologizing for being away, prodding me to deal with the UG case again, and discussing town power level, as well as one empty reaction post close after I outed the hood, which I find interesting given his previous slow-feeling response times). There was definitely content to discuss, such as what I told you about my feelings on the NK after I wasn’t limited by ongoing game rules, but your content at that point was very surface-level.
There’s also the part where you had written me off as town apparently, back towards early-mid D1. If you’d truly thought I was Town because we were neighbors, why was there no greater attempt from you to try and make use of the hood early on? If you thought I was guaranteed Town the hood was a masonry in all but name, no? Despite that I absolutely was driving the early talk.
And then obviously there’s the things I’ve already talked on regarding your handling of the UG case on me and your inability to grasp my mason gambit idea, which I feel like I’ve been pretty clear on by now, but you seem to be claiming I’m not. That’s actually a common thread I noticed after checking the hood contents in full again, because you also accused Shea of dodging your questions when he wasn’t. In addition I had a point where I felt it ironic you’d called Shea on that but also got semantic with Noraa over whether you were avoiding solving her, maybe that was an actual scumtell I failed to grasp at the time?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:09 am

Post by Kasumeat »

Phone posting on the road but lol people jumping off of Noraa's wagon because of that claim. She literally goes from claiming that she will have "very close to confscum" if she lives one night to claiming a role that is one of the weakest investigative roles in the role game which is literally incapable of discerning alignment without a fair bit of very particular information.

She is just straight up lying, claiming that she has a useful role in one breath and then claiming it's useless in another.

Those jumping off her wagon are even scummier though. It's theoretically possible that she's just a village idiot and the scum don't want to push a mislim too hard, but it's literally not possible for anyone to actually believe that claim.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:13 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 2275, Blitzo wrote:It's actually not.
Have you read UG's case?
Serious question.
yea I did.

there's an entire paragraph on your interaction:
In post 1732, UneducatedGuesser wrote:And now… after spending twilight being real mad at Blitzo, and having Blitzo being real questioning of him…. We’re right back to Panzer with nary a comment on that topic, or on the topic of the Pooky case that looked good all of a sudden when it was only noticed too late to make a difference to MC’s day one fate? And Blitzo is right there following him on it, which seems weird, but Blitzo and Panzer have been shitty with each other for the entire game and it fits in with my earlier assessment of Blitzo's method of target accquisition so far, which may not actually be AI.

And other things about Gamma's progressions.

You being in a neighborhood with him had access to information that directly refutes this...
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:13 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Gamma and Pooky vote Bliutxo
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:19 am

Post by Blitzo »

In post 2276, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2271, Blitzo wrote:Gamma I actually don't think you really have much of an excuse to be voting me anymore so if you could just not sweep that under the rug again that'd be awesome.
I think I am not using an excuse to vote you. While I thought you might be partners with Noraa I’ve felt your play throughout the game has been suspicious at multiple times, and after I wrote all of it out while outing the hood I pretty much realized “this is actually a lot of evidence I’m looking at”.
I thought your entry into the game was suspect, I’ve had to fight tooth and nail to get you to post content in the hood several times, including him going pretty damn quiet after I posted the Noraa meta wall (his posts past then were just apologizing for being away, prodding me to deal with the UG case again, and discussing town power level, as well as one empty reaction post close after I outed the hood, which I find interesting given his previous slow-feeling response times). There was definitely content to discuss, such as what I told you about my feelings on the NK after I wasn’t limited by ongoing game rules, but your content at that point was very surface-level.
There’s also the part where you had written me off as town apparently, back towards early-mid D1. If you’d truly thought I was Town because we were neighbors, why was there no greater attempt from you to try and make use of the hood early on? If you thought I was guaranteed Town the hood was a masonry in all but name, no? Despite that I absolutely was driving the early talk.
And then obviously there’s the things I’ve already talked on regarding your handling of the UG case on me and your inability to grasp my mason gambit idea, which I feel like I’ve been pretty clear on by now, but you seem to be claiming I’m not. That’s actually a common thread I noticed after checking the hood contents in full again, because you also accused Shea of dodging your questions when he wasn’t. In addition I had a point where I felt it ironic you’d called Shea on that but also got semantic with Noraa over whether you were avoiding solving her, maybe that was an actual scumtell I failed to grasp at the time?
*Again, I stand by the way that you and I handled the neighborhood is completely different and I fail to see how that's AI. The hood is
really
not that important and the one time it became relevant you went and blew it up.
*I don't see how my content is really that surface level? I might need that elaborated on because I feel like I've been analyzing the game environment pretty thoroughly on a number of occasions.
*Your mason gambit idea was handled incredibly poorly and you seem to think that me repeatedly asking about it makes me scum? Again, this is you being bad at communicating.

@pooky - there were two goddamn lines about the neighborhood. WHAT ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE?
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:23 am

Post by Kasumeat »

In post 2277, Kasumeat wrote:Phone posting on the road but lol people jumping off of Noraa's wagon because of that claim. She literally goes from claiming that she will have "very close to confscum" if she lives one night to claiming a role that is one of the weakest investigative roles in the role game which is literally incapable of discerning alignment without a fair bit of very particular information.

She is just straight up lying, claiming that she has a useful role in one breath and then claiming it's useless in another.

Those jumping off her wagon are even scummier though. It's theoretically possible that she's just a village idiot and the scum don't want to push a mislim too hard, but it's literally not possible for anyone to actually believe that claim.
I don't have time now to look but I'd be happy to lim any of them as well as noraa obv
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:25 am

In post 2280, Blitzo wrote:@pooky - there were two goddamn lines about the neighborhood. WHAT ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE?
the whole point of his Gamma case was that his progression doesn't make sense.

but you being in a neighborhood with him and talking it out with him - makes that progression make sense.

Do you not understand!?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2277, Kasumeat wrote:Phone posting on the road but lol people jumping off of Noraa's wagon because of that claim. She literally goes from claiming that she will have "very close to confscum" if she lives one night to claiming a role that is one of the weakest investigative roles in the role game which is literally incapable of discerning alignment without a fair bit of very particular information.

Except it makes perfect sense when you consider her role was practically worthless and she was trying to NK bait. Scum would have tried to scare town away from voting out a potentially useful PR, but she claimed something super-meager. Plus the fact she claims to have been trying to soft tracker makes sense as a town!Noraa move and also lines up with how she was claiming to be able to get confscum despite not getting a result on Shea that meant much (the idea would have been that she was trying to indicate a no action result on Shea, which does lean a person town without making them really unwanted as a vote).
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:39 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Scum would have tried to scare town away from voting out a potentially useful PR
She literally did do this. She only changed her tune when it became clear it wasnt going to work.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

She tried to hint at some sort of power when she was softing, but that goes into the fake tracker softing bit. I also tried to make her more antsy by acting like I was going to almost always condemn her, in order to make her feel pressured to impress me. Instead she claims the most ineffective power role possible, and one that’s honestly ridiculous to fakeclaim as scum because of how ridiculously underpowered it is, how much of a niche role it is, and the fact it was only recently made normal. Thus I think if she were scum it still has to be her role, and the only proper utility I can see in a scum checker is to determine if the person was roleblocked while trying to do the kill, but that only works if she’s multitasking, and I think if that were the case, I don’t know exactly what, but her play around her role would have probably differed somehow.

Her play makes little sense as town, but it makes absolutely no sense as scum.
<Embrace The Void>

Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:05 am

Post by Blitzo »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 2280, Blitzo wrote:@pooky - there were two goddamn lines about the neighborhood. WHAT ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE?
the whole point of his Gamma case was that his progression doesn't make sense.

but you being in a neighborhood with him and talking it out with him - makes that progression make sense.

Do you not understand!?
The stuff we talked about in the neighborhood was beforehand, not after - there were plenty of other things that UG talked about that had nothing to do with the hood in yet those are constantly being overlooked. I actually only harped on one point (re: his read change on pooky) but UG posted a slew of other things and Gamma just went "yeah I'll be wary of him" and then tried to get us to claim masons.
I have spent the majority of today trying to get Gamma to talk about these things and it just never happened. It's just so much noise and this current turn of events is just terrible tbh.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:07 am

why wouldn't you want to claim masons? it's a pretty good way to draw mafia NK if you are T-T and if you don't draw NK you have an idea it's not T-T.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:19 am

Post by Blitzo »

In post 2287, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:why wouldn't you want to claim masons? it's a pretty good way to draw mafia NK if you are T-T and if you don't draw NK you have an idea it's not T-T.
I never really had the option to make a decision - Gamma just kind of decided to reveal the neighborhood. I was pressing him on the plan because I didn't understand it so well and didn't know how to read reactions off of it but it amounted to nothing anyway.
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:20 am

Post by Blitzo »

Scratch that - I did have the option to just go through with it.
I just didn't understand it so well or how to read into what it would produce and now we're here.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

Comparing the two ISO's, I'm much less comfortable with a Blitzo elim today. I'm also not entirely sold on the neighborhood spat as well...I don't have access to the Neighborhood. It's like a married couple that's making their divorce public, for some reason. I'm not confident in Blitzo flipping scum and if he does flip green I don't think Town gets much out of it.

I'm just going to VOTE: Noraa. I'm fairly confident in this flipping red, and her flip will help town solve quite a few slots. Either way, I don't think it's good for this day to end in No Elim.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by Noraa »

@mod vla until Saturday
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Blitzo »

I'll vote noraa in the morning if nobody else does it.
It's obvious nothing else will happen which is fine at this point I guess.
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:12 am

Post by Blitzo »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: noraa
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:42 am

Post by Noraa »

1 thing to say
there has almost always been 0 resistance to my wagon
ik that's somewhat useless when said by me but nonetheless, its a valid point
lim me today and look at some of these garbo votes on my wagon. Take a look at some of these bullshit progressions on me
I don't see a point telling you who my SRs are cuz really this game has just stalled and stalled and I don't even know who they are anymore
anyways I'm vla but I'll prob be keeping up with the thread. Only ask me questions if you think they are crucial and otherwise, don't expect an answer
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I definitely agree with that sense of the wagon being super easy
Anyone you want to name for that now?
<Embrace The Void>

Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:08 am

Post by Kasumeat »

Except it makes perfect sense when you consider her role was practically worthless and she was trying to NK bait. Scum would have tried to scare town away from voting out a potentially useful PR, but she claimed something super-meager. Plus the fact she claims to have been trying to soft tracker makes sense as a town!Noraa move and also lines up with how she was claiming to be able to get confscum despite not getting a result on Shea that meant much (the idea would have been that she was trying to indicate a no action result on Shea, which does lean a person town without making them really unwanted as a vote).[/quote]

Why do you seem to be completely certain that her claim is real? And the fact that she's claiming a weak role so her claim must be real is classic WIFOM. If she had been consistent in it I could consider it more seriously, but the fact that she's gone from softing tracker to a claim that's completely contradictory to what she was saying earlier does not a believable claim make.

Literally the only thing that actually makes me want to believe noraa here is how scummy Gamma's defence of her is. Like that twilight post gamma made that I hated, his tone here is just so certain of such a dubious claim. I'm actually starting to feel more confident of Gamma scum here than Noraa because I can see scum!gamma trying to get town cred for a town!noraa flip or trying to protect scum!noraa. And I'm starting to see fewer and fewer ways that Gamma can possibly be town here.

VOTE: gamma

I will still vote Noraa at deadline but I feel better about this.
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:08 am

Post by Kasumeat »

Whoops, that was a gamma quote from 2283
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:12 am

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 2.9 (Final)

Noraa
(6): , , , , ,
Blitzo
(2): ,
Panzerjager
(1):

Not voting
(2): PookyTheMagicalBear,

With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to yeet someone.
Last edited by Umlaut on Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:17 am

Post by Umlaut »

Noraa was yeeted!

Spoiler: What was she?!
Welcome to Mini Normal 2170! You are a
Town Checker

Each night you may
check
one player. You will be informed whether this action succeeds (but the action has no other effect).

You win when the Town is the sole surviving faction.

Night 2

Everyone sleep tight!
The sun will rise in (expired on 2020-10-25 16:18:00).

(If all living players PM me their consent, I will end the night early.)
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”