Exorcists
Exorcists
Townie
Exorcists
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:53 am

Post by Exorcists »

Town pings on Tayl0r because she feels at ease in her early posting.
In post 35, PlusJOYED wrote:so maf have rolecop, roleblocker and non consecutive strongman. thats 5 so we must have 8
I don't wanna speculate on prs this early but I have a suspicion of 1 existing due to the mafia picking a strongman
ahh people beat me to it
ill toss this here for now
VOTE: murdercat
I dislike this because stating PlusJOYED doesn't want to speculate on prs directly contradicts the following statement of suspecting one exists due to there being a strongman. It doesn't take a genius to work that one out, so the former seems written more for appearances.

VOTE: PlusJOYED

-Lance
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:55 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 51, Exorcists wrote:Town pings on Tayl0r because she feels at ease in her early posting.
In post 35, PlusJOYED wrote:so maf have rolecop, roleblocker and non consecutive strongman. thats 5 so we must have 8
I don't wanna speculate on prs this early but I have a suspicion of 1 existing due to the mafia picking a strongman
ahh people beat me to it
ill toss this here for now
VOTE: murdercat
I dislike this because stating PlusJOYED doesn't want to speculate on prs directly contradicts the following statement of suspecting one exists due to there being a strongman. It doesn't take a genius to work that one out, so the former seems written more for appearances.

VOTE: PlusJOYED

-Lance
actually im very nervous but fortunately no one seems to have noticed my scumslip. i feel like i covered it up pretty well.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:56 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 12, Tayl0r Swift wrote:oops, wrong thread.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Exorcists
Exorcists
Townie
Exorcists
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:57 am

Post by Exorcists »

In post 18, Random Canadian wrote:
In post 13, MURDERCAT wrote:I was wondering about this. I actually didn't read the setup that closely so I didn't realize that we learn what the scum chose. Do we know the number of points?
If I am reading the setup rules correctly town has 8 points worth of PR's
but that doesn't tell us how many total because that could change based on how the points were divided up.
Slight scum pings from this because it's self-explanatory. As if Random Canadian wants to fake not knowing about the number of town roles, so elaborates on this point, when it's fairly obvious and shouldn't require elaboration.

-Lance
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:58 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 51, Exorcists wrote:Town pings on Tayl0r because she feels at ease in her early posting.
Bad take. Taylor-town does not give impression of trying. Taylor appears to be trying here. Ergo, Taylor scum. Additionally:
In post 8, Tayl0r Swift wrote:so the mafia has a strongman, rolecop, and roleblocker. since scum already knows what town has, is it worth it for town to speculate about what roles town has? it cant hurt right?
This is completely pro-scum ^
In post 11, Tayl0r Swift wrote:based on posting so far i have already deduced who all the town PRs are and who we should kill tonight.
In post 12, Tayl0r Swift wrote:oops, wrong thread.
awkward joke about being scum, always scummy

VOTE: Taylor Swift
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Exorcists
Exorcists
Townie
Exorcists
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:58 am

Post by Exorcists »

In post 52, Tayl0r Swift wrote:actually im very nervous but fortunately no one seems to have noticed my scumslip. i feel like i covered it up pretty well.
Where is your scum-slip?

-Lance
Exorcists
Exorcists
Townie
Exorcists
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:59 am

Post by Exorcists »

In post 55, Battle Mage wrote:Bad take. Taylor-town does not give impression of trying. Taylor appears to be trying here. Ergo, Taylor scum. Additionally:
I have a bad habit of reading scum claiming as towny. I'd love to see the data on how likely it is to come from town vs scum.

-Lance
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:00 am

Post by xofelf »

Oh, so this is going to be a very talkative game from the start, alright. Sure.

Let me see if I can follow along. With how this setup works, if you're good at maths and all, you can kinda mechanically guess what sort of PRs town could have based on how many points were spent for the Undead? I will admit I am unfamiliar with the setup or how any of it works, so already starting a step or so behind there. Is there any sort of benefit to theorizing that, or is it more just a good place to start early game conversations? I can't remember the last time I played an Open so forgive me, my logic is rusty on ideal play.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:01 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 58, xofelf wrote:Oh, so this is going to be a very talkative game from the start, alright. Sure.
Sorry, games I'm in tend to have a lot of pages. I guess it's because people like talking to me so much?
GTKAMURDERCAT

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:02 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 57, Exorcists wrote:
In post 55, Battle Mage wrote:Bad take. Taylor-town does not give impression of trying. Taylor appears to be trying here. Ergo, Taylor scum. Additionally:
I have a bad habit of reading scum claiming as towny. I'd love to see the data on how likely it is to come from town vs scum.

-Lance
My experience is definitely it's a scumtell. Not that more scum necessarily do it than town, but the ratio of scum:town doing it, is higher than the ratio of scum:town in games. So it slightly increased likelihood of scumflip above random.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:03 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 58, xofelf wrote:Oh, so this is going to be a very talkative game from the start, alright. Sure.

Let me see if I can follow along. With how this setup works, if you're good at maths and all, you can kinda mechanically guess what sort of PRs town could have based on how many points were spent for the Undead? I will admit I am unfamiliar with the setup or how any of it works, so already starting a step or so behind there. Is there any sort of benefit to theorizing that, or is it more just a good place to start early game conversations? I can't remember the last time I played an Open so forgive me, my logic is rusty on ideal play.
I have no idea why anyone town would want to do this. :facepalm:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:04 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 59, MURDERCAT wrote:
Sorry, games I'm in tend to have a lot of pages. I guess it's because people like talking to me so much?
So it's *your* fault, noted.

I probably don't mind, it's just been a hot minute since I've played not in a hydra.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:05 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 61, Battle Mage wrote:

What do you mean?
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:12 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 56, Exorcists wrote:
In post 52, Tayl0r Swift wrote:actually im very nervous but fortunately no one seems to have noticed my scumslip. i feel like i covered it up pretty well.
Where is your scum-slip?

-Lance

i can see the setup spec maybe not helping that much. but i really cant see it hurting, and im a bit suspicious of those who are pushing back against it. this is info SCUM ALREADY HAS. lets level the playing field? for VTs it wont help much, but for PRs theyll know what other PRs are in the game, at the very least.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:16 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Could help scum find the PRs though
GTKAMURDERCAT

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:20 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 64, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 56, Exorcists wrote:
Where is your scum-slip?

-Lance

i can see the setup spec maybe not helping that much. but i really cant see it hurting, and im a bit suspicious of those who are pushing back against it. this is info SCUM ALREADY HAS. lets level the playing field? for VTs it wont help much, but for PRs theyll know what other PRs are in the game, at the very least.
In post 65, MURDERCAT wrote:Could help scum find the PRs though
^This, obviously. :facepalm:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:21 am

Post by xofelf »

So it's bad, got it. Just was trying to understand why it was a discussion in the first place. Thank you for explaining.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:21 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 63, xofelf wrote:

What do you mean?
see murdercat post 65. scum already knows what PRs we have, but doesnt know who has them. if we speculate about what they are, it'll be pretty obvious to them who is and isn't one.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:22 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 67, xofelf wrote:So it's bad, got it. Just was trying to understand why it was a discussion in the first place. Thank you for explaining.
no probs mate :cool:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:43 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 68, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 63, xofelf wrote:

What do you mean?
see murdercat post 65. scum already knows what PRs we have, but doesnt know who has them. if we speculate about what they are, it'll be pretty obvious to them who is and isn't one.
no it wont.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:49 am

Post by xofelf »

Why are you so sure it won't?
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:51 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 71, xofelf wrote:Why are you so sure it won't?
i mean it could if the town PRs fuck up and are dumb. but they just have to feign ignorance and not be like "well im the cop so in all the scenarios i consider, therell be a cop"... like if it outs town PRs then itll out scum too, who are also TMI. itll take 2 seconds to go through and look at the possible options for town with 8 points, and then to look at which ones dont make sense given the scum roles.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:57 am

Post by Battle Mage »

just ignore her
Show

Nightkilled - 10

xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash

xofelf
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:02 am

Post by xofelf »

In post 73, Battle Mage wrote:
just ignore her
Fair sentiment, may just. But I'm genuinely curious why she thinks that. The explanation you and Murdercat gave seemed solid enough to me as to why it was a bad idea.

Return to “Completed Open Games”