Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1520, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1496, SirCakez wrote:How can you assume this
Because when I force reads they come out hot garbage. Speaking from experience.
Do you have a plan for tackling the game? Are you thinking to kinda sit out day 1?
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:15 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1455, Bell wrote:@ff: makes sense to me. But I'm more concerned with the other way around.
Your reads are yours. I'm pretty sure I'm more scared of town binning scum than the other way around. I try not to let personal biases on favorites effect my reads. I rarely think "I can sort X later, but not Y" preferring to try to solve right then and there due to limited time/ getting nked/regrets for not doing the thing that I think will unlock the puzzle of that player/feeling like I didn't give the player a fair shot.

Yes, actually I want to make sure I can accurately understand what you were doing on those two posts. I'm glad you rested well. :]

All of it.
Is it fair to say that you're trying to use my interactions with him to form a read of Cabd?

If yes, how do you think that works out? I felt like maybe you wished you had been around to change the course of things a little when we've compared reads.

Idic
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:40 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1525, fferyllt wrote:Are you thinking to kinda sit out day 1?
Ideally no. I just need to find something to engage with.

If there's anything you want to hear my opinion on, I'll definitely try to see what I can come up with (though I can't guarantee it won't be "that's NAI").
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:48 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Do you feel like you're good at reading Bell?

Idic
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:21 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

do you feel like youre good at reading, bell?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:28 pm

Post by The Bulge »

I had a few posts quoted in different tabs from earlier catchups going days back but I just went through and closed each of them one-by-one. I guess I don't have much to say at the moment.

i've been finding it hard to lately to stay focused on analysis. Like I can stay caught up and get reading done but it's like my brain is watching it all unfold without ever catching on that it's supposed to be guessing how it all ends, and any idea I think I get about the game is fleeting

so, I'm sorry my content has been so atrocious this game. I promise you it is very much irl mental state influenced and nothing like a specific thread avoidance. I do want to stay in the game but I think I need to adjust how I approach the game for the time being instead of putting myself under all this pressure to perform to this-plist standards. once again i'm sorry for the inactive slot, I know that can be incredibly frustrating to solve around and ultimately bad for the health of the game.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:20 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1530, The Bulge wrote:I had a few posts quoted in different tabs from earlier catchups going days back but I just went through and closed each of them one-by-one. I guess I don't have much to say at the moment.

i've been finding it hard to lately to stay focused on analysis. Like I can stay caught up and get reading done but it's like my brain is watching it all unfold without ever catching on that it's supposed to be guessing how it all ends, and any idea I think I get about the game is fleeting

so, I'm sorry my content has been so atrocious this game. I promise you it is very much irl mental state influenced and nothing like a specific thread avoidance. I do want to stay in the game but I think I need to adjust how I approach the game for the time being instead of putting myself under all this pressure to perform to this-plist standards. once again i'm sorry for the inactive slot, I know that can be incredibly frustrating to solve around and ultimately bad for the health of the game.
i think people are willing to give you that time, anything i can do to help get your head in the game?

like hell you could try just commenting on the last couple of pages without context and see where that gets you
free crypto
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:25 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 1504, FakeGod wrote:Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2020-10-16 20:35:31)
People need to be laying down votes.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:32 am

Post by petapan »

yes

but also do you uhh want to talk about reads now
free crypto
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:37 am

Post by Cabd »

I'm at work so it won't be realtime, but sure.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:47 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1522, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I enjoy interacting with people 1v1 in real time.

I also enjoy comedy and shitposting.
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:48 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1291, Cabd wrote:{Something_Smart, Midway, Ffery}
{Tammy, Cake, Syr}
{Alisae, Petapan}
{Gamma, Nahdia}
~~~Line of How low Can You Limbo?~~~
{Diamond, Bell, Taylor}
~~~Line of Enough Data (I don't know where to place this players yet)~~~
{Bulge, Pookey}
{Jake*}

*To be meta'd, I know syr mentioned having done some research but I need to fact check.

Excluding Bell, what are your adjustments here if you gun-to-head?
actually coming around to s_s town as he's starting to hit me on a gut level as "lost townie detached from the game"

explain tammy town to me i guess, i don't have the familiarity there for that read

diamond's frustration in felt legitimate, and immediately prior to that when ffery tried to reach out to him and he slapped her hand back it felt a townie sort of paranoia. i would have significant doubts there if bell is scum, though, but preflip associatives bad etc etc

bell, well...you saw what just went down. initially i wanted to see his pushback at me as town when i voted him the first time, the indignation still gave me doubts but i noticed after i unvoted, he went back to being coast-y, so i waited to see in his catchup, which i hated a lot. and then things happened. i don't feel he's coming across as genuine. his whole progression towrd me made no sense. i don't expect most people to understand or follow, though. people want short and snappy, not drawn-out arguments.

for tay, well...i'm not sure. i don't expect good reads or event coherent logic there. but there are certain aspects of their play this game i could see as being scum motivated. but they're also the second easiest elimination in this game, and Bell's vote on them was pretty shitty. so i probably don't want to go there? at least not today.

still not enough data on pooky?
free crypto
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:52 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1516, petapan wrote:no like i went over your whole catchup, and our whole argument, and that stuff didn't feel genuine? there was never a moment where i had the feeling of "i can see where you're coming from". and you got all squirrely with your responses like trying to explain was uncomfortable.

was me voting you really enough to completely change your opinion of me again? (i'm not sure wtf you were expecting the outcome there to be)

w/e this is going to fly over the heads of 90% of the players and they're just not going to read this
ftr I read this and I understand your argument here
In post 1520, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1496, SirCakez wrote:How can you assume this
Because when I force reads they come out hot garbage. Speaking from experience.
ok but you don't even need to force reads. you're just not even trying to engage. except for this interaction with me which I basically forced.
In post 1529, Tayl0r Swift wrote:do you feel like youre good at reading, bell?
the scumlord returns with another thought provoking post
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:10 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1533, petapan wrote:yes

but also do you uhh want to talk about reads now
May I attend?

Idic
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:11 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1536, petapan wrote: actually coming around to s_s town as he's starting to hit me on a gut level as "lost townie detached from the game"
I find myself nodding to this, actually.
In post 1536, petapan wrote: diamond's frustration in felt legitimate, and immediately prior to that when ffery tried to reach out to him and he slapped her hand back it felt a townie sort of paranoia. i would have significant doubts there if bell is scum, though, but preflip associatives bad etc etc
Reading Diamond this game reminds me one hell of a lot of reading Shielder in the last game; I want to scumread it because wtf but there's indications of towniness (e.g. 1260) and makes me just think that their thought process is alien to me like Shielder's was. GTH town
{Tammy, Cake, Syr}
{Alisae, Petapan}
{Gamma, Nahdia}
{Diamond, Bell, Taylor}
{Bulge, Pookey}
{Jake*}

*To be meta'd, I know syr mentioned having done some research but I need to fact check.

S_S down to Gamma tier, petapan up one, Nahdia down, Diamond up, Jake
Fuck it

{Midway, Ffery}
{Tammy, Cake, petapan, Cabd}
{Alisae}
{Gamma, S_S, Jake, Pookey}
{Nahdia, Bell, Taylor}
{Bulge}

Pedit: Hi ffery!
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:16 am

Post by fferyllt »

Urge to burn: Rising

Idic
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:21 am

In post 1536, petapan wrote:actually coming around to s_s town as he's starting to hit me on a gut level as "lost townie detached from the game"
Can we talk about this

I know it's a gut read, but I don't think I would really have any trouble faking acting lost as scum. (Or genuinely being lost, honestly) Can you elaborate at all on why you think this isn't as likely to be a scum tactic?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:25 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1530, The Bulge wrote:I had a few posts quoted in different tabs from earlier catchups going days back but I just went through and closed each of them one-by-one. I guess I don't have much to say at the moment.

i feel exactly this way. im having a lot of trouble parsing the 2012 cohort and the rest of the thread is much lurkier. i know its shitty, but i am reading and following. I have some townreads, but dont have any confident scumreads atm. if people want to tell me to look at specific things i can give thoughts and maybe thatll help me get engaged. i dunno. maybe day 2 will be better with some flips, but im not sure. sorry :/
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:27 am

also I'm going to stop being a whiner and read some ISO's

Maybe it won't help but it definitely won't hurt
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:27 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1540, fferyllt wrote:
Urge to burn: Rising
What is it with you and scummoning people this game
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1542, Tayl0r Swift wrote:im having a lot of trouble parsing the 2012 cohort and the rest of the thread is much lurkier.
l
m
f
a
o

Ffery. With me?

VOTE: Tayl0r Swift
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:29 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1539, Syryana wrote:Reading Diamond this game reminds me one hell of a lot of reading Shielder in the last game; I want to scumread it because wtf but there's indications of towniness (e.g. 1260) and makes me just think that their thought process is alien to me like Shielder's was. GTH town
see i don't feel he's overly alien at all i just feel he's literal minded and maaybe a little surfacey but not in a scum way, necessarily? i can read what he says and see him believing those things (but then, he strikes me as someone who'd want to vote jake out regardless of his own alignment, you know? so i don't think the push there is terribly AI)
free crypto
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:30 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 1539, Syryana wrote:
In post 1536, petapan wrote: actually coming around to s_s town as he's starting to hit me on a gut level as "lost townie detached from the game"
I find myself nodding to this, actually.
In post 1536, petapan wrote: diamond's frustration in felt legitimate, and immediately prior to that when ffery tried to reach out to him and he slapped her hand back it felt a townie sort of paranoia. i would have significant doubts there if bell is scum, though, but preflip associatives bad etc etc
Reading Diamond this game reminds me one hell of a lot of reading Shielder in the last game; I want to scumread it because wtf but there's indications of towniness (e.g. 1260) and makes me just think that their thought process is alien to me like Shielder's was. GTH town
{Tammy, Cake, Syr}
{Alisae, Petapan}
{Gamma, Nahdia}
{Diamond, Bell, Taylor}
{Bulge, Pookey}
{Jake*}

S_S down to Gamma tier, petapan up one, Nahdia down, Diamond up, Jake
Fuck it

{Midway, Ffery}
{Alisae}
{Nahdia, Bell, Taylor}
{Bulge}

So you're back to scumreading bell with me? But you went off to chance the popstar?
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:33 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1541, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1536, petapan wrote:actually coming around to s_s town as he's starting to hit me on a gut level as "lost townie detached from the game"
Can we talk about this

I know it's a gut read, but I don't think I would really have any trouble faking acting lost as scum. (Or genuinely being lost, honestly) Can you elaborate at all on why you think this isn't as likely to be a scum tactic?
i don't - it's a guess based on a feeling from reading the way your posts are written. same as the way i might try to guess if a player who is inactive and not saying much is a bored VT. could be wrong, of course, wouldn't say you're a strong townread, but my gut has gone from not liking you to thinking you might be all right
free crypto
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:34 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1539, Syryana wrote:{Midway, Ffery}
{Alisae}
{Nahdia, Bell, Taylor}
{Bulge}

Hi!

Where does Diamond go?

{Syr, Cabd, Tammy}
{Sir Cakez, S_S, midway, Jake, Alisae} << putting Alisae here to see how my gut feels about that
{Gamma, Pookie}
------line of quantum wtfery----------
{Bell} << Shrodinger's box, but still leaning a little townward. I'll explain why in a bit, probs
{Diamond} << Brain says scum, gut says not
-------------------------------------
Tayl0r, Nahdia

Bulge unplaced.

Bulge if there's stuff I can do to help you get your foot back into the game, let me know!

Idic

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”