PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1472, midwaybear wrote:you don't need to get into a conversation with someone to make reads...
That's how I make reads though. I talk to people.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1455, Bell wrote:@ff: makes sense to me. But I'm more concerned with the other way around.
Your reads are yours. I'm pretty sure I'm more scared of town binning scum than the other way around. I try not to let personal biases on favorites effect my reads. I rarely think "I can sort X later, but not Y" preferring to try to solve right then and there due to limited time/ getting nked/regrets for not doing the thing that I think will unlock the puzzle of that player/feeling like I didn't give the player a fair shot.

Yes, actually I want to make sure I can accurately understand what you were doing on those two posts. I'm glad you rested well. :]

All of it.
Do you understand now?

I get what you're saying about limited time, too, though I'm not as frequent an N1K as I used to be. I feel like what you're calling "biases on favorites" is what I call "experiential meta" and the "biases" go many ways: easy to read, hard to read, near-impossible to read.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1473, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:It's impressive tho that Cakez is now quoting from an entirely different game. I don't think I've seen this play before.
I DONT KNOW HOW THAT HAPPENED
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:46 pm

like I said, you must be an incredibly talented player
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1428, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1423, Bell wrote:What would you like to talk about?
I mean, if I knew, I'd be talking about it :/

The meta discussions are alienating. People seem to be by and large going with the flow and not really doing anything that stands out. And like I'm sure there IS readable content in there but I don't have the skill nor the patience to extract it.
This is what that quote was supposed to be
"I'm scum and don't want to effort"
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1440, Syryana wrote:
In post 1431, petapan wrote:
In post 1420, Syryana wrote:Sometimes I see posts like that one Nahdia made I fussed over yesterday and go "what a fucking scum post"
mind clarifying which post that was?
This one
In post 1155, Nahdia wrote:there's a reasonable chance at least one of the 2012 circlejerk is scum and im hoping they just sort themselves out so i dont have to
As soon as I read this I thought to myself what a scum motivated post this was because the circlejerk as they put it is dangerously close to all townreading each other and at least two members of said jerk are exceptionally prone to paranoia and this is the exact kind of thing scum would say to stir that pot without actually explicitly calling someone out.
i have actually seen town players make that type of post in a game offsite, except it was a slightly different tenor, where they were concerned about a somewhat close-knit group meta-reading each other as town too easily (and they were right! one of the players in that circle was scum). but that was paranoia, this is actually more...complacency? like, "oh, someone will sort it out". which is maybe not the best approach but is it a guaranteed scumpost? idk
free crypto
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 1479, SirCakez wrote:This is what that quote was supposed to be
"I'm scum and don't want to effort"
Pooky basically said the same thing
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1475, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1472, midwaybear wrote:you don't need to get into a conversation with someone to make reads...
That's how I make reads though. I talk to people.
were you hoping to get a read on me earlier
free crypto
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:53 pm

It's unlikely I'd get a solid read, I was mostly just bored and you were one of the few people I've seen before around here.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by petapan »

lol fair enough, i enjoyed the bantz, i would be worried if that was supposed to be a real attempt
free crypto
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 1480, petapan wrote:i have actually seen town players make that type of post in a game offsite, except it was a slightly different tenor, where they were concerned about a somewhat close-knit group meta-reading each other as town too easily (and they were right! one of the players in that circle was scum). but that was paranoia, this is actually more...complacency? like, "oh, someone will sort it out". which is maybe not the best approach but is it a guaranteed scumpost? idk
I mean it's one thing to inject that sort of sentiment and go "Hey x, y, z, I think you might be townreading w a little too easily" and then segue into some followup case/questions/interactions/interrogations/summoning servants but here, it just sits on a list of pointing at things going "hey, i might or might not disagree" and/or arguing with you

Hmm. I typed out like 4 or 5 different inclusions to my argument here and didn't really like any of them. It's possible this is a playstyle clash. I'll have to think about it.

Nice chat, peta!
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 1454, Alisae wrote:okay so I caught up and like
I don't have much to say or like add
honestly when I read up I feel like its just the same people posting and I don't really see a problem with any of it.

Quite frankly, I have no idea why the only read that Diamond is still pushing is Jake.
I'm not sure why voting Nahdia is productive when ideally that slot should be trying to generate content instead of just AtE
I have no idea why I feel like Pooky hasn't really done much aside from being a fun person to chat with
I'm starting to get concerned with Bulge's activity

I'm probably not voting any of Cabd, ffery, tammy, syr, midway, ss, cakez, peta, or gamma right now at least for the given moment.
1. They are doing literally nothing helpful.
2. What little they have posted screams of low effort thinly veiled scum-posting.
3. They're the one read I'm certain of.
4. They're a push that I'm confident can actually gain some traction.

I know that it hurts that I"m pushing your scumbuddy, but sometimes you just gotta let it go.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Bell »

Made a post that you responded to so we could talk.

1. My understanding was that the post was similar in that they classified people in a list, the rule of three which is used for literature, was being used here in a game of mafia. It lacks nuance and context and giving it credibility or an entertaining it as anything more than the equivalent in accuracy to a food tell is not going to inspire confidence.
3. does it seem that way to you?
4. Your action was to fence sit by not voting or making it more clear what was sketchy about it. It's empty because you didn't pursue, didn't explain it at the time I responded to that post (by necessity really). It probably didn't help that it was a reworked sentence about you sketching a sketching of a sketcher sketching.
5. To me it was scummy that you let the misinterpretation sit initially. Then you turned back around corrected him between the posts. Scum gradient goes up, scum gradient goes down. There's an element of time to my posts which I already explained where impressions of events change.
6. I'm not following.
9. Yes that was what I was trying to get you to say. Because I'm always challenging my reads on people and I wanted to see if you would.
11. I was leaning scum on you, but you defied those impressions by doing something townie or reversing the initial impression as mistaken.
12. Asking people directly is what I do. It creates a scenario where scum get nervous that town might respond accurately. Scum might hesitate to be too intimate or ask another person to trust them. It's a test and it's always been intended as one. You answered, I'm thinking. Much of mafia is about asking yourself what you choose to believe about what's town and what's scum. I just broke it along a different axis between whether what someone is saying is true or not and what people's responses to that might be and how that might help me read them.
13. I made a post and asked you to read it and you came back which is the beginning of a resolution one way or another. You've gotten 2 such resolutions, did you earn it? Did you scare scum off you? or did you cow town into backing off?
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1371, Bell wrote:Cabd
#850: Push.
#984: Did you roll scum this game?
In post 1371, Bell wrote:#898: Explanation given post-wagon formation. This is a more subtle push at Cabd's authority maybe? Gunna file this thought away under the Cake Agenda.
i have to ask if these are consistent thoughts you're putting together in your head as you read the game, or what b/c they seem unfocused in a bad way. i don't mean this as a "gotcha" but this seems like a wild vacillation
free crypto
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Bell »

Scum Cabd and town Cabd live in the same universe in my head. Until you open the box and see what's inside I don't know what's in it for sure.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by Tammy »

2020 where wall offs have become odd bulleted number offs. A downgrade.

I don't really understand what bell is doing this game if he's town.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1385, fferyllt wrote:Cabd, want to talk Jake meta?
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 1490, Tammy wrote:2020 where wall offs have become odd bulleted number offs. A downgrade.

Well I did just explain my thought process and you didn't read that so.

Where in 2020 are the walls offs?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:42 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1479, SirCakez wrote:"I'm town and don't want to effort"
FTFY
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

Specifically, I don't want to effort when I know it won't accomplish anything worthwhile.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:50 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1277, Cabd wrote:I don't think gamma-scum makes 979 in the main thread if he can make it in the scum PT.
This post? Why not?
In post 979, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 228, Cabd wrote:
In post 222, fferyllt wrote:
In post 213, Cabd wrote:
In post 192, Cabd wrote:
In post 191, petapan wrote:nah because the bear's town
Spoiler: People Town Reading Archer Masonry PT
Hi!
Spoiler: People Town Reading Archer Masonry PT
Pop Quiz, who are my other town reads and why?
Spoiler:
Me. ~reasons~
Did you and Syr end up in a black hole? Or are you moon gazing with blue balls?
This might just be a general in-joke but I thought of Advance Wars when I saw this
In post 254, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 252, midwaybear wrote:
In post 250, SirCakez wrote:I kinda dig the RP it adds vibes
Not really. It just gives Pooky something to hide behind while he’s definitely capable of more. A successful town has everyone engaged and focused, so I think Pooky should just stop if he is town.
ah yes the engaged and focus townie police are here to make sure everyone is focused and on-task. excellent. its page 11 now, definitely time to start super tryharding, because the more you try the better you play.
"oh look at me I'm such a towny stick-in-the-mud!"
It seems more like you're objecting to the roleplay for optics than for actually disliking it.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1494, Something_Smart wrote:Specifically, I don't want to effort when I know it won't accomplish anything worthwhile.
How can you assume this
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1487, Bell wrote:Made a post that you responded to so we could talk.

1. My understanding was that the post was similar in that they classified people in a list, the rule of three which is used for literature, was being used here in a game of mafia. It lacks nuance and context and giving it credibility or an entertaining it as anything more than the equivalent in accuracy to a food tell is not going to inspire confidence.
3. does it seem that way to you?
4. Your action was to fence sit by not voting or making it more clear what was sketchy about it. It's empty because you didn't pursue, didn't explain it at the time I responded to that post (by necessity really). It probably didn't help that it was a reworked sentence about you sketching a sketching of a sketcher sketching.
5. To me it was scummy that you let the misinterpretation sit initially. Then you turned back around corrected him between the posts. Scum gradient goes up, scum gradient goes down. There's an element of time to my posts which I already explained where impressions of events change.
6. I'm not following.
9. Yes that was what I was trying to get you to say. Because I'm always challenging my reads on people and I wanted to see if you would.
11. I was leaning scum on you, but you defied those impressions by doing something townie or reversing the initial impression as mistaken.
12. Asking people directly is what I do. It creates a scenario where scum get nervous that town might respond accurately. Scum might hesitate to be too intimate or ask another person to trust them. It's a test and it's always been intended as one. You answered, I'm thinking. Much of mafia is about asking yourself what you choose to believe about what's town and what's scum. I just broke it along a different axis between whether what someone is saying is true or not and what people's responses to that might be and how that might help me read them.
13. I made a post and asked you to read it and you came back which is the beginning of a resolution one way or another. You've gotten 2 such resolutions, did you earn it? Did you scare scum off you? or did you cow town into backing off?
it's not just the listing of names but the
way
they go about it but i don't really want to go further on this discussion given it was a light read that isn't relevant to me anymore.

yes, i had gotten no meaningful impression your read on me changed and your catchup was definitely taking potshots my way. was i supposed to think otherwise? most of the stuff you said toward me was negative!

is not giving reasons fence sitting? you know what "fence sitting" is, dude, that's not the definition. i don't always out reasons when i say things right away. that should not be unexpected or scummy

it took a minute for me to mull over him townreading me in my head before i decided i had an issue there, but felt, eh, maybe challenging him immediately isn't the best approach, maybe he's being a little trusting, then subsequent posts amplified that feeling based on tone

you were...trying to get me to say i was interested in your thought process?

am i supposed to divine from "Unexpected. :? " that this is somehow me defying your expectations in a way that lead to you changing your read because
none of that
came through and if that's the case for me it's hard to say where your reads are on nearly anyone. and for that matter, where, exactly did i do something townie or reverse that initial impression?

with regard to 12: should i buy this?

the resolution i was hoping for in this exchange was not you backing off me, but you saying something that made sense to me. i haven't gotten it.
free crypto
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:56 pm

Post by Tammy »

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1492, Bell wrote:
In post 1490, Tammy wrote:2020 where wall offs have become odd bulleted number offs. A downgrade.

Well I did just explain my thought process and you didn't read that so.

Where in 2020 are the walls offs?
I'm pretty sure I've read all your posts?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”