Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1425 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 1417, Bell wrote:*Mostly aimed at you and fferyllt even though fferyllt hasn't done anything yet as of page 40 (I'm not a hypocrite, YOU'RE A HYPOCRITE).
#988: Do you usually have strong scum reads by this point?
I used to have strong reads on town and scum by 50 pages in, yeah. That was years ago though and my town game definitely felt like it tapered off before I semi-retired. FGO was my first town game in... over 3 years? And my last few town games on site were complete dogshit. Elim'd day 1 and endgamed in LyLo. Horrendous.

If you've read up to page 40 and think ffery's not done much I have to ask you what the hell you're smoking and can I have some. Ffery has done SO MUCH this game it's unreal.
Bell wrote:#Syrana: Archer was the first person to call him townie for that and I didn't think he was townie for that. He also said he was mimicking (or maybe that was a joke?* Invitation to clarify) someone else's play at the time.
Self narration is a scum tell I used since I got back with varying accuracy.
Okay, I don't remember Archer doing that. But, fair enough. What's self narration, how's petapan doing it, and why's it a scumtell? (also FWIW peta said in postgame he wasn't actually mimicking anyone)

Pedit Tammy the Lancer thing was petapan throwing bricks at Lancer in FGO for not explaining a townread, I didn't townread him just off that but it sure as hell started the snowball rolling
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1426 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1371, Bell wrote:fferyllt

*Mostly aimed at you and Syrana. Even though Syrana hasn't done anything but look pretty yet. (On page 40 at the time of this writing).
#: Going forward.
#: Enjoy the moment.
#:
Highly townie.

#: No! Why did you go first?! 8 reads. Midway in the middle. Why is syrana so high. Besides being tonally exactly the same down to the orange jacket. Well, actually that's not true this game. He's tonally similar to how he was at the end of that game. But friendly tell. Which ones surprised you?
I went first because I didn't want Cabd's reads to influence mine at that point. Probably not an issue, but sometimes I'm highly influenceable, for good or ill

If you're townreading me, just let me have my Syr read for now. It's subject to reevaluation if more data calls for it.

I think you and I start at very different points when processing a game. I feel like you start with everyone's dial set at null or null/scum, and we get to work our way up from there. I start in a very happy place where everyone is null-town or higher and the game is full of good friends having fun and nobody's going to do murder in the night. And players get to prove me wrong. This game mostly started there, but with a lot of new-to-me players I tend to be more cautious about my reads. And there are a few players who've traumatized me often enough that they start at true-null to null-scum. I tend to interact very heavily with those players until I feel like the dial has moved in some direction. Cabd is one of the players in that category. Syr is not.

something_smart and petapan were the surprises.
#: Ground run. FF/Cabd out.
#: Defense. FF/Cabd out X2.
Do you want a response to this?
#: Clearly a villager that bakes bread in their spare time.
#: Why did you ignore it? Nope! Not really. It was an RVS poke.
maintenance of what I hope is a meta competitive advantage.
#: I like this post. Look at all the wheels she's spinning.
#: Right? ...right? The fitting size and shape thing is a lot harder than it needs to be though.
Kinda depends. I'm reading a lot into silences and ~other stuff~ with a few players this game.
#: Rest well.
I did!

If I didn't elaborate on something you wanted me to, let me know.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1427 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by petapan »

looking at my own iso to read bell's catchup on me and...i dunno, man. like i thought you getting distrustful of me and voting me back was a town thing, like like there was some resentment my vote was even on you to begin with. i'm vulnerable to that sort of thing. and then you do this and it feels like you're sloppily smearing me rather than trying to interface with or think about anything i say.
pre-emptive apology to everyone's eyes for what i'm about to do

In post 1371, Bell wrote:#: Lazy.
what about it is lazy
#: The fuck you say
#: The fuck you say
what's your issue with what i said?
#: You have conviction?
why the snark? this is me stating that i had lost faith in my read of you as scum. and instead of trying to work with anything i said there you're inaccurately sniping at me
#: Is the sketch of you sitting on a fence
is that a fencesit? that's me stating in pretty plain terms my dislike for a trend i was observing from gamma
#: *gasp* you let Gamma think you were tunneling and now you used invisible parentheses so they'll never know the truth. Huh. Hmm. 0.02 TP for this. but :igmeou:
like, again, why the fucking snark? i described to gamma how i think i play, he said "that sounds like how you're playing so i think you're town" and i'm doubtful my play so far fits that description super well and so his ready acceptance of such a thing was strange
#: Same, but it's day one so I don't even know why you're bothering to say this.
why wouldn't i say it? it felt worth acknowledging that there were a number of posters who hadn't said enough to be readable. i also wasn't reading enough people as town to put them as scum by PoE. i guess i'm just repeating what i said there but i don't see what your problem here is. (i think i'm seeing a few more people as town)
#: Sure.
what's the point of this comment even being here, if it was in notes you were taking, whatever, but there's nothing for me to work with here
#: He's a floater. In your eye. Why are you tuning it out instead of pursuing it?
because while old me would have hated the way he's playing in 2020 i'm trying to adopt a more nuanced view and accept it might be a playstyle thing, and there were other players i wanted to investigate
#: I've noticed your notice. I do that as scum, here's 0.01 scum points. Don't spend it all in one place.
i follow up on your comment about taylor not being present ingame by noting activity there, and you try to ding me for it?
the fuck is your problem, man
?
#: Empathy.
why even make note of this, what use is it to literally anyone
#: Standard follow up.
okay?
#: Pinged. Self narration.
i do not know what your issue is
#: This is a good approach.
#: Right turn.
#: Bleh.
don't understand any of this, what am i supposed to do with this?
: My problem is that you were literally spinning a narrative and giving the rest of us a scenario, like you were selling it.
fucking what? trying to spin a narrative about a handful of posts i made directed at the resident troll/village idiot? i'm not sure why this bothers you so much. this doesn't make any sense.
#: Unexpected. :?
okay? and?
#: Should I buy this Peta?
like what the fuck is the point of asking me this? if you think my explanation for what i'm doing isn't believable just say so. it's the truth, though, so, yeah, you should buy it, but then i don't really understand what your issue with me this game is, apparently

like when i look at this i wonder what you're actually trying to say with these catch-ups? am i going to find the other ones to be just as incomprehensible? am i supposed to look at these and see the thoughts of a town player? because it's not coming through.
free crypto
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1428 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1423, Bell wrote:What would you like to talk about?
I mean, if I knew, I'd be talking about it :/

The meta discussions are alienating. People seem to be by and large going with the flow and not really doing anything that stands out. And like I'm sure there IS readable content in there but I don't have the skill nor the patience to extract it.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1429 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by Syryana »

ok i was wrong peta is scum for posting archer-style quote stripes.

i am the bone of my sword
Dayvig: Servant Assassin
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1430 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1422, Bell wrote:He also said he was mimicking (or maybe that was a joke?* Invitation to clarify) someone else's play at the time.
that was a joke. i explained in postgame. me during the first phase is who i am in games. not confirmed town me pretending to be someone else and acting in a manner where i can project leaderly qualities. everything from dy 1 on was the act. this is the real me.
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1431 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1420, Syryana wrote:Sometimes I see posts like that one Nahdia made I fussed over yesterday and go "what a fucking scum post"
mind clarifying which post that was?
free crypto
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1432 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by fferyllt »

that is pretty uncharitable. bell's catchup on peta.

Not done reading them all yet.

Idic
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1433 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by Cabd »

Ready to vote Bell yet?
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1434 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1422, Bell wrote:Self narration is a scum tell I used since I got back with varying accuracy.
can you show me instances of where you've deployed this?
free crypto
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1435 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by Tammy »

There haven’t been that many times I’ve seen town make a catch-up post like that. The format itself whether it’s by player or page automatically pings me. It’s made worse when there are so many unnecessary comments or comments that don’t add anything, which makes it look like padding.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1436 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1433, Cabd wrote:Ready to vote Bell yet?
:thinking:

Idic
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1437 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1359, Tammy wrote:Pick back up at 21 later

So far my reads haven't actually changed. Still have midwaybear, ffery, syry and cabd as varying town reads. If I could do tiers without my brain literally melting down into syrup for my waffles I'd maybe have cabd the lowest but even typing that out doesn't feel right. I do remember why I was town reading midwaybear though! And I agree with my past self that it's a bit tonal, but the engagement and the tonal response to the suspicion or votes he's got is far above the FGO "wasn't me" vibe he gave.

Taylor Swift half feels like she's playing this game with fortune cookies. Crack open a cookie, post whatever it says inside as a response to something.

Like cakez, alisae, taylor, and bell less than I remember liking them in the moment.

Like Diamond Sentinel more actually. Not an actual town read, just like them more.

Cabd - I think I understood your Andrius comment. This doesn't really mean anything but just patting myself on the back if I was able to understand something a bit coded.
if you treat your friends well, you will reap the rewards by finding scum
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1438 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1394, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i know Peta is good scum

I played with him as scum once,

He shot me at night to make himself super-townie looking and then used the town-cred to dismantle the town and win the game.

Funniest part was he didn't even tell me he was going to shoot me - it was cold af.
In post 1398, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:he strikes me as the sort of scum who wants to win alone and doesn't want teammates to drag him down. It would explain the violent reaction.
In post 1400, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:this is the game btw if you are wondering:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=84227
also as an aside this is why i'm not really bothered by pooky going after me here - he & bulge are the only two people here to recently witness a scumgame of mine in any format, where i was a disgusting sweaty tryhard in a casual marathon game. obviously marathon game meta isn't really the same but familiarity breeds suspicion and so it feels natural that he'd be very wary of me this game
free crypto
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1439 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:23 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

coldly shooting your scum-mate without warning on N1 is like a level of try-hard I've never seen in 2 decades of playing this game much less in a casual marathon realtime format. :3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1440 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:25 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 1431, petapan wrote:
In post 1420, Syryana wrote:Sometimes I see posts like that one Nahdia made I fussed over yesterday and go "what a fucking scum post"
mind clarifying which post that was?
This one
In post 1155, Nahdia wrote:there's a reasonable chance at least one of the 2012 circlejerk is scum and im hoping they just sort themselves out so i dont have to
As soon as I read this I thought to myself what a scum motivated post this was because the circlejerk as they put it is dangerously close to all townreading each other and at least two members of said jerk are exceptionally prone to paranoia and this is the exact kind of thing scum would say to stir that pot without actually explicitly calling someone out.
In post 1432, fferyllt wrote:that is pretty uncharitable. bell's catchup on peta.
Not done reading them all yet.
Bell's being uncharitable to peta or the other way around?
Almost but I don't want to because if he flips red then you are gonna be completely insufferable for the next forever and I don't wanna deal with that
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1441 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1436, fferyllt wrote:
:thinking:
I'll be waiting.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1442 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 3212, Bell wrote:Ydrasse: Correct.
In post 735, Bell wrote:Self-narration is when a player trys to construct an accounting of their own internal experience.
Perhaps said differently, it's when a player thinks out loud to get into their town character. The issue is right there in the wording, they don't need to type out their internal reasoning unprompted unless someone asks because they're town already. But a scum player that needs to fake the perspective of a town player might write something like that.
In post 736, Bell wrote:You can see a lot of examples of her talking about her internal reasoning prompted and unprompted. Sometimes she says she doesn't share her change in reads. But she consistently shares what she is internally thinking about whatever topic she's on. By saying 'I think' etc.
Danflorr: Wrong.
In post 1032, Bell wrote:Does dannflorr always think out loud?
In post 1034, Bell wrote:He’a pinged my scumdar twice by thinking outloud.
In post 1058, Bell wrote:
In post 1044, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1032, Bell wrote:Does dannflorr always think out loud?I tend to try to be as transparent with my thoughts as possible yes
[/qoute]

Post#75.WhiteVion: Correct.

Mason PT: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=83723&start=75
Bell wrote:Vion's post 1305 reads as third person, there was evidenencece of this earlier too. I associate this sort of writing slightly with mafia because they're trying to construct a town perspective and they tend to write "what I would think as town" in this sort of style.
Not sure how to link directly to the specific post in the locked thread.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1443 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:52 pm

Post by petapan »

i'm not even seeing what you're seeing in those examples but where you're accusing me of that here is literally just me explaining a thing i did in the thread, not anything in my head
free crypto
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1444 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:58 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Bell is a psychic clearly.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1445 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:02 pm

Post by Tammy »

But does he have good dreams?
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1446 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1371, Bell wrote:DiamondSentinel
#1260: Hmph very well! You can be town I guess. Shut up peta.
and like, this is weird to me too. i see that diamondsentinel exchange with ffery, it makes me think he's town for a couple reasons, i state that immediately, and in your catchup you tell me "shut up" when you're agreeing with the thing i said right away? wtf?
free crypto
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1447 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:15 pm

Post by Nahdia »

gosh, shut up peta.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1448 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:15 pm

Post by petapan »

lmao
free crypto
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1449 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1445, Tammy wrote:But does he have good dreams?
He shouldn't!

He doesn't deserve them this game.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”