Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:50 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1260, DiamondSentinel wrote:4. Confusion at this odd town bloc for, what I’ve seen, nearly non-existent reasons. I’ve yet to see a solid reason why Cabd’s behavior is town motivated, and I also fail to see that for Tammy and Syr, yet a fair few of my more confident town reads (specifically you, although that’s dropping faster than I’d like) proclaim that they are acting consistently with a town mentality.
Earlier you said that you're not good at asking questions. Last night I took a look at Cyberpunk, which we were both in, and you seem fine at asking questions? I know that not everything's going to be the same; I'm not myself. But what I noticed in that game was how direct you were with people where my overall impression is that you're talking a bit about people but not talking directly to them in the same way.

I was also going to comment on what seemed like a bit of a fixation with cabd, syry, ffery, and me, which were names that were given to you to talk about, and there you had your hands in a more variety of people. BUT I reread your iso this morning and my impression of what you were doing in that regard is not what you are actually doing, which just goes to show that I really need to get started on reading this game when I can focus on it and not while I'm trying to work. Anyway i want to leave this impression here to come back to if I still feel this way when I've reread.

BUT I wanted to ask you about this. When you say town bloc here are you just referring to the group of us town reading each other to varying degrees or do you think we're acting in some type of block?
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:07 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 1325, Tammy wrote:
In post 1260, DiamondSentinel wrote:4. Confusion at this odd town bloc for, what I’ve seen, nearly non-existent reasons. I’ve yet to see a solid reason why Cabd’s behavior is town motivated, and I also fail to see that for Tammy and Syr, yet a fair few of my more confident town reads (specifically you, although that’s dropping faster than I’d like) proclaim that they are acting consistently with a town mentality.
Earlier you said that you're not good at asking questions. Last night I took a look at Cyberpunk, which we were both in, and you seem fine at asking questions? I know that not everything's going to be the same; I'm not myself. But what I noticed in that game was how direct you were with people where my overall impression is that you're talking a bit about people but not talking directly to them in the same way.

I was also going to comment on what seemed like a bit of a fixation with cabd, syry, ffery, and me, which were names that were given to you to talk about, and there you had your hands in a more variety of people. BUT I reread your iso this morning and my impression of what you were doing in that regard is not what you are actually doing, which just goes to show that I really need to get started on reading this game when I can focus on it and not while I'm trying to work. Anyway i want to leave this impression here to come back to if I still feel this way when I've reread.

BUT I wanted to ask you about this. When you say town bloc here are you just referring to the group of us town reading each other to varying degrees or do you think we're acting in some type of block?
I've changed a lot in 3 years personally. I'm not remotely the same person I was then (definitely for the better). But aside from that, I was also very familiar with those players. I know 3 people on this playerlist (well 4 if you count Nahdia but they aren't posting much).

I genuinely think that you guys are acting as a bloc of sorts mainly out of some very odd meta-buddying and I'm not a huge fan of that remotely.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:11 am

Post by fferyllt »

DS could you put together a reads list? Doesn't have to be detailed.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:15 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1219, Cabd wrote:
In post 1154, Tammy wrote:
In post 1140, Tammy wrote:Cabd can you talk about your read on Syry? Do you actually suspect him or is that one of those weird things you do sometimes where you pretend to scumread someone you don't actually to catch people in a trap?

I feel like if ffery has him as town as she has him I shouldn't feel this hesitation and conflict.

Are your concerns real? Or am I just really crazy right now?
Actually scratch this. I don't care. I'm gonna stop beating myself up for not having a concrete read right here when we're still in the infant stages of the game.

If he's town I'll figure it out eventually.
I know you don't care, but I kind of feel the need to reply to this anyways.

This isn't a case of "One of those weird things"

I don't think what Syr has done is all that outside of his scumrange. I know FGO was like a jumbo box of wheaties right to his solar plexus. So I expect his confidence in his play writ large is better these days, not just about his townplay.

I quite frankly don't really care how ffery is reading or not reading him, and I want to read him by myself on my own merits. And right now it's not enough to put him in the tier list that some beacons of hope this game occupy.
I went back at looked at Mid-Scummer's Night's Dream yesterday a couple times, and then looked at my own iso that game to see what I said about him in thread because my memory of it is that I had a generic "he looks fine?" read to him (which by the way I really need to pay attention to; do you know how many of my eh they look fine? reads end up being scum?) Anyway, I didn't give a read on him, so that is no help to me. What I noticed is that he has a way better scum game that what I remembered him having BUT his aggro? there reads a bit off. It's a bit more pointed in that he looks to be playing the part of a good little townie trying to get his very for certain scum reads lynched and he threw his vote around quite a bunch.

There was a part of our interaction here that I thought I was being manipulated a little, but I think that was a batshit feeling of mine that's due to a heightened sense of concern from that when dealing with a friend in a mafia game and a bit of projection of the manipulation I've done to friends when scum in a mafia game. Rereading his scum iso in that game; that is just not his style, so that shadow I was feeling was just dumb.

Anyway, I'm going to leave it as he's probably town status that as of this moment I won't bet the game on. But I'm also not going to worry about it because he's also probably not scum, and I need to turn my mind elsewhere.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:16 am

Post by Cabd »

I think a fair statement about syr this game is:

"if syr is scum, he has at least one buddy he explicitly trusts and feels will be able to keep up with him"
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:29 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1326, DiamondSentinel wrote:I've changed a lot in 3 years personally. I'm not remotely the same person I was then (definitely for the better). But aside from that, I was also very familiar with those players. I know 3 people on this playerlist (well 4 if you count Nahdia but they aren't posting much).

I genuinely think that you guys are acting as a bloc of sorts mainly out of some very odd meta-buddying and I'm not a huge fan of that remotely.
I have changed a lot since then too, and I definitely don't expect you to behave the same way. I just noticed the talking to people more instead of about them all the time and it felt notable.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by meta-buddying, but I think what is happening here is a similar sort of behavior that you had in cyberpunk. You knew those people, you knew what type of players they were and you were poking at them. Your steps to the dance are just different. Anyway I don't want to belabor this point because it's something that confuses and bothers people a lot in games when this happens (not just with us, I've seen this with any group) and I don't really think it will be a big issue moving forward as the game starts progressing and conversations and the like start branching out.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:34 am

Post by petapan »

tammy i wish you had more thoughts on this game and not on old games
free crypto
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:45 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1331, petapan wrote:tammy i wish you had more thoughts on this game and not on old games
Me too!

dammit we crossposted and then my browser went out and I lost my post.

It wasn't anything great, but it is apropos to this post so I'll just rewrite it as a reply.

I've got some free time today so I'll actually be able to read this game mostly undistracted and not while also trying to work. Before my actual read, I've got working town reads on midwaybear, ffery, cabd, sryry. I don't even know why on midwaybear though; I just remember liking this posts.

I was looking at the playerlist last night and I realized that I don't actually have active suspicions on anyone*. Some pings here and there which has me wondering if it's setup related or if scum are in the people that I just haven't seen posting much? I don't know; hopefully a reread fixes that.

Although! If you're vote on me was serious, it's wrong, but I think you'll realize that once I have some thoughts on the game after actually reading it. I hope. I hope I have thoughts.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:47 am

Post by Tammy »

One of the reasons why I like anon games is I get to just read the posts in the thread without going gee I wonder if I'm town/scum reading this person because of their play style rather than their alignment. Let me go check.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:51 am

Post by Something_Smart »

How does an anonymous game prevent you from wondering that? All it does is prevent you from figuring it out :P
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:55 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1334, Something_Smart wrote:How does an anonymous game prevent you from wondering that? All it does is prevent you from figuring it out :P
Exactly! I learned how to play mafia through anon games; my homesite rip was basically 99% anon. You can realize who some people are, but you can always be wrong, so there's a factor too.

But as you're playing and you're wondering that, there's nothing you can do about it. So you get to just focus on the game. I am a super easily distracted person, so having the capability to check means I do go check and my attention gets diverted and bleh.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:06 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1012, Nahdia wrote:
In post 1011, midwaybear wrote:I'm not sure if you really believed in Tammy being self conscious, but now I see my man Diamond also making similar accusations so idk
you think I... didn't believe it?

I latched onto the initial post I pointed out (the one which replied was just a joke) because that's 100% out of my own scum playbook. The kind of post I basically would never make as town but am pretty sure I have in fact made as scum. That doesn't mean it's the same for Tammy, but in my own self-reflection I find I make that kind of post because when I'm worried about how to make a town post, the obvious (too-obvious, therefore has to be presented as a joke) solution is to literally copy the post of a town player. So I started looking for more evidence of that kind of self-consciousness and found the things I pointed out from there.
In post 48, petapan wrote:
In post 38, Nahdia wrote:mmm this isn't a good look

VOTE: fferyllt
this isn't a good look

VOTE: Nahdia
Nahdia did you pick up on this copying of your post? Did it evoke the same concern that scum was copying the post of a town player to look town?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:13 am

Post by Tammy »

or this?
In post 108, Alisae wrote:
In post 48, petapan wrote:
In post 38, Nahdia wrote:mmm this isn't a good look

VOTE: fferyllt
this isn't a good look

this isn't a good look

VOTE: Petapan
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:40 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 275, DiamondSentinel wrote:Ooh a pagetop.

Anyways, I'm mostly just gonna go to the backline until Nahdia posts more. I can read them fairly well.
What are your thoughts on the posts that Nahdia has made so far?
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:44 am

I get nothing from them. The posts exist, technically, but they don't say much. In this instance, I don't particularly see it as AI but that might change. But they've barely interacted with people who are actually playing the game (they've got a bit with midway and peta), so there's not much there.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:49 am

Post by SirCakez »

The players in this game are just good; the scum won't be obvious.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:53 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1329, Cabd wrote:I think a fair statement about syr this game is:

"if syr is scum, he has at least one buddy he explicitly trusts and feels will be able to keep up with him"
I'll throw you a bit of a bone here: out of all the potential CO combinations the only pairing for which the above statements could be valid is Colin and Sasha. The others have irreconcilable loss of synergy for one reason or another. And I think you'll find that Colin and Sasha aren't as compatible as their sibling bond would imply.

On an unrelated note:
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:58 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 340, Cabd wrote:VOTE: Bell

Woke up because my subconscious wanted this before I drift back off. Something is wrong here.

Dream crumb lol

I just point this out because there was a part of me that was a bit suspicious of the dream explanation, which I know is silly. But scum have claimed dreams before and people tend to think those are little indicators that someone is town, and I was like is Cabd just planting this in his iso to look town. It's partially silly because nobody is going to follow him on a dream, so if Cabd scum really wants to get Bell lynched he's going to have to do something more than a dream.

Anyway with this and the post where he says he woke up and still felt good about the vote make this feel like it was something real, and my silly thoughts were silly.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:59 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1327, fferyllt wrote:DS could you put together a reads list? Doesn't have to be detailed.

Idic
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:02 am

Yeah I'll work on it once I'm able to sit down for a while. Right now I'm mobile-posting, just short messages and all.
“Why was I chosen?'
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:09 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1342, Tammy wrote:
In post 340, Cabd wrote:VOTE: Bell

Woke up because my subconscious wanted this before I drift back off. Something is wrong here.

Dream crumb lol

I just point this out because there was a part of me that was a bit suspicious of the dream explanation, which I know is silly. But scum have claimed dreams before and people tend to think those are little indicators that someone is town, and I was like is Cabd just planting this in his iso to look town. It's partially silly because nobody is going to follow him on a dream, so if Cabd scum really wants to get Bell lynched he's going to have to do something more than a dream.

Anyway with this and the post where he says he woke up and still felt good about the vote make this feel like it was something real, and my silly thoughts were silly.
The stronger argument to me is that Town-Cabd once dragged me along in our hydra to fake a daycop guilty in a game, based on a dream. I didn't know the basis at the time or I might have dug my heels in.

From his posts, it looked like he expected me to be able to save him if he went there this time and it blew up.

Idic
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:17 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1307, petapan wrote:- have i once again wrongly inflicted misery on Scheherazade?
i was very proud of this and the intended audience did not give it the recognition i wanted
free crypto
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:18 am

Post by Tammy »

Oh.

(I helped review that game? Spectated? Didn't know it was based on a dream. lol)
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:22 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1346, petapan wrote:
In post 1307, petapan wrote:- have i once again wrongly inflicted misery on Scheherazade?
i was very proud of this and the intended audience did not give it the recognition i wanted
I laughed.

Idic
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:28 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 1348, fferyllt wrote:
In post 1346, petapan wrote:
I laughed.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”