DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 940, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 891, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:SC is probly scum - he's way too sweet here.

I'd vote him but MWB still hasn't apologized for causing the death of poor Eliza yet.
Idk about "too sweet" but his Nahdia push ain't great

@DS that seems fair, it's less about pushing people you think are shady and more about sorting people who you can read but don't have a read on
I personally think that pushing people because you want them lynched is a shitty strategy. It doesn't actually get scum, and instead just gets people who are unsure of their footing.

I push people because I want something set in stone that I can refer to at a later point.

Pedit: ooh pagetop
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 944, SirCakez wrote:You think Cabd's playstyle was specifically to get you involved?
The whole thing where he was so hesitant to reveal the reasoning for the Bell SR despite being convicted about it reeked for one. Also like I've said some of his humourous posting (like the one I quoted on pg 36) seems to be trying to look good.
No. I was positing the possible why's that I think was more plausible for why he asked me specifically what I thought of his reads. I don't think he was seeking approval or validation. I do think he was trying to get a read on me if he didn't have a read already.

I think the other things that DS pointed out were play style/personality.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 463, Nahdia wrote:so i wont have time to catch up until later tonight, but here's some content to read me on

i maintain is a bad look. that kind of perspective-discerning logic always reads super ingenuine to me, and while it can come from town, i think scum are likely to throw it out because it's one of those "technically correct" points. that said, obviously there's a lot more content from that slot with which to read now, so my read may well change

didnt really get anything from peta's vote on me or the subsequent reactions, at least at first glance.
In post 507, Nahdia wrote:
In post 119, fferyllt wrote:
In post 102, Cabd wrote:
In post 72, fferyllt wrote:
In post 66, Cabd wrote:I'm not fond of that type of pizza.
Noted!
Now. Why me before Syr?
You're scarier. And you're around! I feel like I'll know pretty quickly if Syr's town. He and I have some of the same weaknesses as scum, especially interacting with each other.
This post stands out to me. Are you holding your cards close to your chest here until you get a read or would you care to elaborate?
In post 176, midwaybear wrote:VOTE: Alisae
bad push tbh
was liking midway but this post just... doesn't make sense in context. not sure what to make of it, but @midway i wanna know more about what was going through your head when you voted alisae here.
In post 188, Tammy wrote:
In post 186, midwaybear wrote:I don't get the point and I don't see the problem yet. I really doubt scum!Jake is going to come out of the game posting votecounts instead of trying to form connections with other people.

your defense of your partner is noted

am I doing it right peta?
this is also a bad look. feels very much like a post i would make as scum, though if people disagree that it's a generally scummy post i might just be projecting a bit too much. feedback welcome.

glad to see peta's "obvious townread" was the one i also felt was obvious (midwaybear)! unless he got bear town after he made that earlier post about having one townread which was obvious.

kinda liked . alisae is slightly leaning town at this point.

and now im at page 10!
Gamma I'm mainly going off these two posts. Seem very half-hearted (Nahdia admitted to this) and kind of reminds me of catch-ups I used to post as scum
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 951, Tammy wrote:
In post 944, SirCakez wrote:You think Cabd's playstyle was specifically to get you involved?
The whole thing where he was so hesitant to reveal the reasoning for the Bell SR despite being convicted about it reeked for one. Also like I've said some of his humourous posting (like the one I quoted on pg 36) seems to be trying to look good.
No. I was positing the possible why's that I think was more plausible for why he asked me specifically what I thought of his reads. I don't think he was seeking approval or validation. I do think he was trying to get a read on me if he didn't have a read already.

Oh I see you were referring to DS's case specifically
What do you think about my more general argument that Cabd is using his playstyle and humor to avoid posting more serious content?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 953, SirCakez wrote:
In post 951, Tammy wrote:

Oh I see you were referring to DS's case specifically
What do you think about my more general argument that Cabd is using his playstyle and humor to avoid posting more serious content?
That one is entirely possible. I'm not sure that I agree that's the case, but I can see where you're coming from. I liked the dream thing, though I want to go back and read it again. So, I like it, but it doesn't mean town to me. Ffery has a town read on him, and I'm taking that into consideration with my read because I believe* she can read him better than I can. But I've only seen him as scum once.

*This is also dependent upon me getting a town read on ffery that I feel really comfortable with.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 952, SirCakez wrote:Seem very half-hearted (Nahdia admitted to this)
I kind of liked the admission of the half-hearted push.

Probably shouldn't but I did.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by SirCakez »

I don't know how to approach the relationship between this group Tammy which is kind of what I was getting at with the bias thing - I feel like you guys want to townread each other because you're all friends.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by Tammy »

I feel like I'm more paranoid of them because we're friends :lol:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 884, DiamondSentinel wrote:Legitimate reads are reads that are working towards solving the game, not sowing discord.
this is a really weird view of scumplay.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:34 pm

In post 928, DiamondSentinel wrote:(and yes, these are all not in this game, but I'm deliberate about using people not in this game, lest I be wrong and eat my words)
lol

are there any people in the game who would fit into the categories you're describing?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:35 pm

In post 932, DiamondSentinel wrote:But I regularly write paragraphs because that's what I need to get my point across. Not everyone shitposts their way to LyLo. Some of us play the game and speak eloquently.
There's a middle ground :X
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:35 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 952, SirCakez wrote:
In post 463, Nahdia wrote:so i wont have time to catch up until later tonight, but here's some content to read me on

i maintain is a bad look. that kind of perspective-discerning logic always reads super ingenuine to me, and while it can come from town, i think scum are likely to throw it out because it's one of those "technically correct" points. that said, obviously there's a lot more content from that slot with which to read now, so my read may well change

didnt really get anything from peta's vote on me or the subsequent reactions, at least at first glance.
In post 102, Cabd wrote:
Noted!
Now. Why me before Syr?
You're scarier. And you're around! I feel like I'll know pretty quickly if Syr's town. He and I have some of the same weaknesses as scum, especially interacting with each other.
This post stands out to me. Are you holding your cards close to your chest here until you get a read or would you care to elaborate?
bad push tbh
was liking midway but this post just... doesn't make sense in context. not sure what to make of it, but @midway i wanna know more about what was going through your head when you voted alisae here.
In post 186, midwaybear wrote:I don't get the point and I don't see the problem yet. I really doubt scum!Jake is going to come out of the game posting votecounts instead of trying to form connections with other people.

this is also a bad look. feels very much like a post i would make as scum, though if people disagree that it's a generally scummy post i might just be projecting a bit too much. feedback welcome.

glad to see peta's "obvious townread" was the one i also felt was obvious (midwaybear)! unless he got bear town after he made that earlier post about having one townread which was obvious.

and now im at page 10!
Gamma I'm mainly going off these two posts. Seem very half-hearted (Nahdia admitted to this) and kind of reminds me of catch-ups I used to post as scum
You know what, I actually see it now. She seems to want to be townread for minimal solving.
VOTE: Nahdia
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

they
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:36 pm

In post 948, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:+town points
Meh disagree. Cakez is good enough as scum to know when he'd walk away from an argument as town.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

*their sorry
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:37 pm

isn't admission of fault usually towny?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:38 pm

SS why did you ignore poor Eliza :(
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:38 pm

Because I didn't feel like engaging annoying RP. Sorry.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:39 pm

nuuuh :<

i guess that's fair
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by petapan »

gamma's last dozen posts are whatever are all in the sketchy zone
free crypto
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:43 pm

I don't see anything in particular wrong with them. Can you elaborate?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So I don't remember what my thing I was doing for the RP catchup was (probably due to only really ever doing that RP while in a specific location a lot of the time) so I'll just not do it. I'm sure someone's happy.
In post 177, fferyllt wrote:
Cabd wrote:I have three town reads already. Woo.
Page 7. I should hope so.
How serious was this and why?
In post 182, Alisae wrote:Because it's helpful to know where everyone else's votes are? Like, I have no idea what you're looking for here.
why do
YOU
care
how is it helpful to
YOU
[/quote]
I like this questioning. tbh I think Jake's desire to keep votals clear is kinda a scum motivated move.
<Embrace The Void>

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 1.5

petapan [1] - Tammy
Gamma Emerald [1] - Jake The Wolfie
Bell [1] - Cabd
Jake The Wolfie [1] - DiamondSentinel
midwaybear [1] - PookyTheMagicalBear
DiamondSentinel [1] - Tayl0r Swift
fferyllt [1] - Nahdia
Nahdia [3] - Alisae, petapan, Gamma Emerald
Tayl0r Swift [1] - SirCakez
petapan [1] - Bell
PookyTheMagicalBear [1] - midwaybear

Not Voting [4]
- fferyllt, Something_Smart, The Bulge, Syryana

With 17 alive it takes 9 votes to be executed.

Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2020-10-16 20:35:31)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by Tammy »

fakegod confirmed scum for posting vote counts!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 961, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 952, SirCakez wrote:

In post 102, Cabd wrote:
Noted!
Now. Why me before Syr?
bad push tbh

and now im at page 10!
You know what, I actually see it now. She seems to want to be townread for minimal solving.
VOTE: Nahdia
How are you gonna SR for my push on Nahdia and change your mind this easily?
Something_Smart wrote:
isn't admission of fault usually towny?
Depends. Not in this case imo.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”