SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:38 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 921, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 917, SirCakez wrote:You said I'm "handing them out like candy" which implies a lot. Which I obviously have not done.
Surface-level whatever I can see how you'd see that.
I didn't read your whole ISO buddy, just saw what you were doing on the page and responded to it. 3 townreads, 30 townreads, ain't much difference to me when its surface level buddying.
How is me saying I like two posts buddying
In post 923, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 920, SirCakez wrote:because I felt bad for him tbh
what did you think was gonna happen? some rabid nostalgia mob was gonna string him up for being a party pooper?
*Shrug*
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 925, SirCakez wrote:How is me saying I like two posts buddying
People like it when people like their posts.

That's the whole point of a "like" button

which btw is one of the most damaging inventions of modern human history. just imagine how much time was wasting by the collective mass of humanity over the last 10 years clicking meaningless likes to give each other little dopamine hits. It's like collective mass addiction.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 868, petapan wrote:
In post 845, DiamondSentinel wrote:Can we get some coverage on Jake? I still feel pretty good about my vote on him. Others I'd be interested in voting include peta, cabd, and maybe Syr.

Bell's response really doesn't make me feel any better about them, but I'm not really sure what else we'd get out of it.
i have seen it said offsite that listing names in the "w, x, y, or maybe z" is scummy, though. don't have enough experience to go "yeah this is scum" but i'm raising an eyebrow at the format here (does remind me of a Titus-Saber post though)

(could care less that i'm one of the names here and would probably like him on the merit of
who
he's naming, just the
way
he's doing it pings)
it's also possibly an instance of rule of three
remind me to look at this again if DS flips scum
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:42 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 916, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 846, DiamondSentinel wrote:Syr I think just deserves a bit of pressure. Not a hard read on them by any means, but something's bugging me.
Oh, and Tammy should get some of the pressure pie. Kinda forgot about that read, but there isn't much to make me feel any better.
what makes a person deserving of pressure, in your opinion?:
Aight, so a couple things.
First, if they're relatively simple to read, or at least if I'm confident reading them, I will put pressure on them (or try to prod people to do so), but I won't say that aloud. That causes their behavior to shift.
But in the case of Syr and Tammy, both of these are because they are people who have, for one reason or another, not
truly
made enough content to get a solid read out of. While I have soft-reads on both of them, there isn't enough of a base to get a strong read that I"m confident in. And this varies from person to person. Yes, both of them have a fair bit of posts (more than me), but the amount of posts I need to get a solid read on someone varies wildly. Folks like Titus and Firebringer I can get reads on that are rarely wrong after 20 posts. Folks like Wisdom? Dayum I'm lucky to get a solid read after 200. (and yes, these are all not in this game, but I'm deliberate about using people not in this game, lest I be wrong and eat my words)
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:44 pm

In post 928, DiamondSentinel wrote:Aight, so a couple things.
First, if they're relatively simple to read, or at least if I'm confident reading them, I will put pressure on them (or try to prod people to do so), but I won't say that aloud. That causes their behavior to shift.
But in the case of Syr and Tammy, both of these are because they are people who have, for one reason or another, not trulymade enough content to get a solid read out of. While I have soft-reads on both of them, there isn't enough of a base to get a strong read that I"m confident in. And this varies from person to person. Yes, both of them have a fair bit of posts (more than me), but the amount of posts I need to get a solid read on someone varies wildly. Folks like Titus and Firebringer I can get reads on that are rarely wrong after 20 posts. Folks like Wisdom? Dayum I'm lucky to get a solid read after 200. (and yes, these are all not in this game, but I'm deliberate about using people not in this game, lest I be wrong and eat my words)
can we limit posts to 3 lines plz

like how do you expect us to read this?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:44 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 926, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 925, SirCakez wrote:How is me saying I like two posts buddying
People like it when people like their posts.

That's the whole point of a "like" button

which btw is one of the most damaging inventions of modern human history. just imagine how much time was wasting by the collective mass of humanity over the last 10 years clicking meaningless likes to give each other little dopamine hits. It's like collective mass addiction.
Ok I've literally never heard this argument before despite years of liking posts but ok
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 881, SirCakez wrote:Nahdia might also be scum here. Her posting earlier felt really forced and now she's been absent for most of today. Disengaged Nahdia does not make a town Nahdia.
But why does it make a scum Nahdia? That's a pretty faulty bit of logic imo.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 929, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 928, DiamondSentinel wrote:Aight, so a couple things.
But in the case of Syr and Tammy, both of these are because they are people who have, for one reason or another, not trulymade enough content to get a solid read out of. While I have soft-reads on both of them, there isn't enough of a base to get a strong read that I"m confident in. And this varies from person to person. Yes, both of them have a fair bit of posts (more than me), but the amount of posts I need to get a solid read on someone varies wildly. Folks like Titus and Firebringer I can get reads on that are rarely wrong after 20 posts. Folks like Wisdom? Dayum I'm lucky to get a solid read after 200. (and yes, these are all not in this game, but I'm deliberate about using people not in this game, lest I be wrong and eat my words)
can we limit posts to 3 lines plz

like how do you expect us to read this?
I admit I needed a double linebreak there.

But I regularly write paragraphs because that's what I need to get my point across. Not everyone shitposts their way to LyLo. Some of us play the game and speak eloquently.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 915, SirCakez wrote: My main point of defense on DS earlier was that he was trying to make the game serious while people were still having fun nostalgia-ing and people were using that to attack him. Not his playstyle although that was a part.
I have not dug into DS's case but I think his point that Cabd is looking for approval and validation holds water. What would you call weird narrative building?
Same kinda thing, yeah.

I don't think Cabd was looking for approval or validation, certainly not from me, and I don't think he would regardless of his alignment. What I think was going on was him trying to drag me into the game. If he's town perhaps he wanted to see where my head was at and get a read on me. If he's scum he wanted to see where my head was at or look like he was trying to get a read on me.

The weird narrative building is the whole reasoning he came up with for why cabd was doing what he was doing while painting it in the worst possible light. I don't necessarily think it's coming from scum; it's entirely possible that it's a style of scumhunting that I neither agree with or understand really, nor am I confident in its accuracy. But I don't think it's unproductive to try to get him to dig a bit deeper in order to get a better read there.

Where do you see Cabd looking for approval and validation?
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by Tammy »

rule of three
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:50 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 931, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 881, SirCakez wrote:Nahdia might also be scum here. Her posting earlier felt really forced and now she's been absent for most of today. Disengaged Nahdia does not make a town Nahdia.
Because they are forcing appearances
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:50 pm

In post 930, SirCakez wrote:Ok I've literally never heard this argument before despite years of liking posts but ok
You've never seen scum buddying people before?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:50 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

What's
the
Rule of 3
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:50 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 936, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 930, SirCakez wrote:Ok I've literally never heard this argument before despite years of liking posts but ok
You've never seen scum buddying people before?
This is just moving the goalposts
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:50 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 935, SirCakez wrote:Because they are forcing appearances
why can't they do this as town
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 891, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:SC is probly scum - he's way too sweet here.

I'd vote him but MWB still hasn't apologized for causing the death of poor Eliza yet.
Idk about "too sweet" but his Nahdia push ain't great

@DS that seems fair, it's less about pushing people you think are shady and more about sorting people who you can read but don't have a read on
<Embrace The Void>

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:51 pm

In post 932, DiamondSentinel wrote:I admit I needed a double linebreak there.

But I regularly write paragraphs because that's what I need to get my point across. Not everyone shitposts their way to LyLo. Some of us play the game and speak eloquently.
Bro even the Presidential Debates ditched that Eloquence thing. This is the 21st century, if it takes longer than 5 seconds to read nobody reading it.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:51 pm

In post 938, SirCakez wrote:This is just moving the goalposts
liking and buddying basically the same thing
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

rule of three is the idea that scum tend to put a scumbuddy in with any set of three names
<Embrace The Void>

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 933, Tammy wrote:
In post 915, SirCakez wrote: My main point of defense on DS earlier was that he was trying to make the game serious while people were still having fun nostalgia-ing and people were using that to attack him. Not his playstyle although that was a part.
I have not dug into DS's case but I think his point that Cabd is looking for approval and validation holds water. What would you call weird narrative building?
Same kinda thing, yeah.

I don't think Cabd was looking for approval or validation, certainly not from me, and I don't think he would regardless of his alignment. What I think was going on was him trying to drag me into the game. If he's town perhaps he wanted to see where my head was at and get a read on me. If he's scum he wanted to see where my head was at or look like he was trying to get a read on me.

The weird narrative building is the whole reasoning he came up with for why cabd was doing what he was doing while painting it in the worst possible light. I don't necessarily think it's coming from scum; it's entirely possible that it's a style of scumhunting that I neither agree with or understand really, nor am I confident in its accuracy. But I don't think it's unproductive to try to get him to dig a bit deeper in order to get a better read there.

Where do you see Cabd looking for approval and validation?
You think Cabd's playstyle was specifically to get you involved?
The whole thing where he was so hesitant to reveal the reasoning for the Bell SR despite being convicted about it reeked for one. Also like I've said some of his humourous posting (like the one I quoted on pg 36) seems to be trying to look good.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 937, Jake The Wolfie wrote:What's
the
Rule of 3
The rule of three is a theory that when scum make a list of three people, they stick one of their partners in the list of three.

It's accuracy is hit or miss.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 942, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 938, SirCakez wrote:This is just moving the goalposts
liking and buddying basically the same thing
I'm not arguing about this anymore
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:53 pm

I had a really good troll answer and you guys ruined it
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:53 pm

In post 946, SirCakez wrote:I'm not arguing about this anymore
+town points
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 935, SirCakez wrote:
In post 931, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Because they are forcing appearances
How?
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”