Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by Bell »

Half way done, Midwaybear actually looks like vanilla town.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 539, SirCakez wrote:
In post 523, Tammy wrote:Maybe?

I guess it depends on my mood? I don’t know? Maybe not.

I’m really uncomfortable with people town reading me when I’m scum though and uncomfortable calling myself town when I’m scum because I feel like everyone can tell the difference between when I’m goofing around and meaning it as town and saying it when I’m scum because I say it when I’m town.

So, I don’t know but it doesn’t matter because I’m not scum this time!
Ok I will keep an eye out for strange uncomfortable-ness!
It was probably there in alisae’s game.

There was a game several years ago where Plotinus tried to solidify their town read on me by talking about how town I was a lot to see if I’d get uncomfortable and stop interacting with them. It was anon, so I didn’t it was them, so I just filed it away as wow someone thinks I’m town and I don’t think I’m thaaaat town. It was amusing when I learned what they were doing after the game.

Do you have any hot takes so far?
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by Bell »

I too think Petapan could be doing better. But I also don't think intermediate town play is scummy (I don't know what advanced level townplay looks like)

Diamond's entrance is odd. 3 P guess off the bat.

@Hi Tammy, hating your life yet, or feelin it?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 502, Tammy wrote:Omg Tammy is so town would be a good response!
Omg Tammy is so town!

This is actually a bit serious. Referencing the anon dance again, she reminds me of how she played as Lady 7 in that game.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:39 pm

Post by Bell »

Hi Gamma,
hating your life yet or hating your life yet?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 532, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 531, Cabd wrote:Jake just needs time and pizza.

Bell needs an exorcism.

Not even comparable.
Oooh, I can do an exorcism! I just need some holy water. Boil the hell out of it or whatever.
Don’t you yourself profess to be a demon?

I like Cabd’s approach to Jake though.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 548, Bell wrote:
In post 3, midwaybear wrote:lets solve this game
Correct@ FF.
To me, town blocking is just another word for working together and sharing thoughts on who's scum/town in a more relaxed setting/communication style. There's a layer of friendliness that usually isn't present. Kind of like what you and Cabd don't have yet, while SYR and you in that neighborhood did. It's not just hunting though it's sort of just a positive, hey we're in this together vibe that I don't think you'd be able to fake easily given what you act like when you actually think someone else is town.
If Cabd and I were in a neighborhood, our convos would be a lot easier! And my regularly scheduled paranoid freakout might happen considerably earlier than day 3. But, this is about as friendly as we get when we're not sharing a role PM. Which is QUITE friendly compared to when I'm actively suspicious of him. That's the kind of mafia friendship we have.

Syr neighborizing me on day 1 was an incredible leap of faith. We didn't talk about it in detail in the neighborhood, but the last time he neighborized me, he was a dead neighborizer and I/Morph was scum. I had to spend an entire game day in a neighborhood with Syr and Nacho, keeping their townread of me strong somehow while they used our hydra as a conduit for continuing to solve the game. We even had an extra vote that they gave us that game day.

Such a gift after we shot them right through the heart on Night 1. Such guilt I had to hide!

Syr neighborizing me, rather than the actual mod confirmed town, this time in FGO was the most incredibly strong townread I've ever earned from anyone. Or he was scum, finally exacting his revenge. And I knew which world I was living in.

Sorry I confused you about the nature/existence of our neighborhood in FGO!

I'm down to talk reads after or as you catch up.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:43 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 554, Bell wrote:Hi Gamma,
Irl or in game, cos those are very different answers
<Embrace The Void>

Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 555, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Bell needs an exorcism.

Not even comparable.
Oooh, I can do an exorcism! I just need some holy water. Boil the hell out of it or whatever.
Which would make me an excellent excorsict! I know how to get demons out of any possessed bean!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

An anti-villain. Respectable.
<Embrace The Void>

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 555, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Bell needs an exorcism.

Not even comparable.

I like Cabd’s approach to Jake though.
You don't even know how true this is.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:47 pm

Post by Tammy »

I think I’m working towards this

Midway bear seems decently town

Ffery, syry and cakes are in the i feel like I’m deveoping town reads on these people pool

I should maybe put Cabd in there too but we’ll watch that a little more. Also you didn’t respond to my thought post to you!

Peta’s Peta wheels haven’t seemed to start turning yet

Few minor pings that I’m watching to see how things play out with but aren’t worth mentioning yet.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 552, Bell wrote:I too think Petapan could be doing better. But I also don't think intermediate town play is scummy (I don't know what advanced level townplay looks like)

Well I haven’t slept in a week, and I’m so tired I can feel my skull expanding and will hopefully crash soon, so that I’m hating.

But feelin every thing else!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 553, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 502, Tammy wrote:Omg Tammy is so town would be a good response!
Omg Tammy is so town!

This is actually a bit serious. Referencing the anon dance again, she reminds me of how she played as Lady 7 in that game.
Oh that’s right, I went back and checked my iso that game. I scum read you the whole time. :lol:
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:52 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 557, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Just opening up a line. How're you feeling? You said you didn't like the pace of this game, is there anything I could do to help you in that regard?

@FF, that must have taken a lot of will power. But I was worried you would say that you actually had managed that. :(
I think I want to be in the moment with you and the other players and see what happens.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 403, Tammy wrote:
In post 227, Cabd wrote:
In post 224, Tammy wrote:okay it's late and almost page 10 which means my internal mafia clock says it's time to start making serious posts too

I don't wanna
Hi Tammy, I have expressed read(s), do you agree with those read(s) or no, and why?

It's srsbsns time!
A few quick thoughts while I'm on a break.

I don't really have reads I feel close to comfortable right now or thoughts that probably really go anywhere. I mourn pre-2015 me who got early reads, but I've been so much more cautious since that scum streak from hell.

Anyway, I have liked midwaybear's approach in general and have no issues with him so far. I particularly like him tonally. There was a post where someone asked him why he was grumpy and he just said something like this was him or how he plays or something. And that had a much better tone than the wooden response he had whenever he was called scum in FGO. So, not enough for me to go oh hey yeah he's town, but I like him enough that I have no qualms with it.

I liked ffer's response to your questions about reads when she said me ~reasons. I don't know how scum ffery would approach a town you, but I'm thinking about how she approached me the last time she was scum and it was a kinda flat fake paranoia that rang all wrong. (I was scum reading her predecessor and she was hydraing with nacho who purple prose scum told in his beginning, so I was already wary so that could be some confirmation bias.). I think scum ffery wouldn't be expecting that you would be town reading her, though she might have to respond that way because that's how she would as town? The way you guys are lady and the tramping it suggests you both are town reading each other decently, and I'm still in watching that play out mode.

I'm cautiously optimistic on ffery there and I'm in a similar position with Syry. I don't expect syr to fold faster than a player with. 2 7 off suite with pressure anymore; I think his scum game has come a long way since when we were partners. But I do know that he would hate to draw scum here, and with that knowledge I like his entrance so far. I was a little concerned with the super strong town read on ffery so quickly, but syry is like that? So, maybe sryr and I will dance later and I'll feel better later. These two reads are my crux; cautiously optimistic at the moment but I also really want them both to be town and I know that which might be making me feel even more cautious about the optimism.

As an aside because I now have to run. Think ffery expected petapan to come into the game as assassin going hard, but peta just seems like peta to me.
Sorry, didn't realize you wanted a response! I sort of just nodded along and agreed but never stated as such? You also didn't actually engage a read on ME in this post per say but guessing that's intentional!

But my ego wanted MOAR cabdtalk.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 562, Tammy wrote:
In post 552, Bell wrote:I too think Petapan could be doing better. But I also don't think intermediate town play is scummy (I don't know what advanced level townplay looks like)

Well I haven’t slept in a week, and I’m so tired I can feel my skull expanding and will hopefully crash soon, so that I’m hating.

But feelin every thing else!
Cool. :]

I won't talk to Cabd until he wants to open a line.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 564, Bell wrote:
Just opening up a line. How're you feeling? You said you didn't like the pace of this game, is there anything I could do to help you in that regard?

@FF, that must have taken a lot of will power. But I was worried you would say that you actually had managed that. :(
I think I want to be in the moment with you and the other players and see what happens.
I would have melted into a puddle of pure terror if I hadn't had Cabd's spine to borrow. I'm a high maintenance hydra partner when we roll scum. And sometimes when we roll town.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by Tammy »

Ah Cabd, no I didn’t really need a response I guess, but my self-absorbed self likes responses :p

Ffery and syry are a little higher priority read for me right now, so that’s taken up the majority of my headspace.

Don’t worry I’ll get to you and well the you is tied up in the ffery and to a lesser extent syry space if that makes sense.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 507, Nahdia wrote:
In post 119, fferyllt wrote:
In post 102, Cabd wrote:
In post 72, fferyllt wrote:
In post 66, Cabd wrote:I'm not fond of that type of pizza.
Noted!
Now. Why me before Syr?
You're scarier. And you're around! I feel like I'll know pretty quickly if Syr's town. He and I have some of the same weaknesses as scum, especially interacting with each other.
This post stands out to me. Are you holding your cards close to your chest here until you get a read or would you care to elaborate?
In post 176, midwaybear wrote:VOTE: Alisae
bad push tbh
was liking midway but this post just... doesn't make sense in context. not sure what to make of it, but @midway i wanna know more about what was going through your head when you voted alisae here.
In post 188, Tammy wrote:
In post 186, midwaybear wrote:I don't get the point and I don't see the problem yet. I really doubt scum!Jake is going to come out of the game posting votecounts instead of trying to form connections with other people.

your defense of your partner is noted

am I doing it right peta?
this is also a bad look. feels very much like a post i would make as scum, though if people disagree that it's a generally scummy post i might just be projecting a bit too much. feedback welcome.

glad to see peta's "obvious townread" was the one i also felt was obvious (midwaybear)! unless he got bear town after he made that earlier post about having one townread which was obvious.

kinda liked . alisae is slightly leaning town at this point.

and now im at page 10!
VOTE: nahdia
GTKAS
| here.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:04 pm

Post by Bell »

don't apologize for confusing me about your neighborhood. I was wrong that Syrana protected me, so I thought you would have a hard town read of me if you were masons, but if you were neighbors I thought he might hesitate to share his role with you. There was some hesitation but it turned out you guys had run 15 miles in your neighborhood and I thought you had run 2 or maybe 3 miles at most.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 570, Bell wrote:don't apologize for confusing me about your neighborhood. I was wrong that Syrana protected me, so I thought you would have a hard town read of me if you were masons, but if you were neighbors I thought he might hesitate to share his role with you. There was some hesitation but it turned out you guys had run 15 miles in your neighborhood and I thought you had run 2 or maybe 3 miles at most.

don't apologize for confusing me about your neighborhood. I was wrong that Syrana protected me, so I thought you would have a hard town read of me if you were masons, but if you were neighbors I thought he might hesitate to share his role with you. There was some hesitation but it turned out you guys had run 15 miles in your neighborhood and I thought you had run 2 or maybe 3 miles at most.
Bell I love you but please make me feel good in this game and not feel good about the completed one
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Syryana »

How the hell did I manage THAT quote monstrosity

Whatever, Bell pls
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:13 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 564, Bell wrote:

I just hated that we had 15 pages in what, 4 hours? I was put on high alert for a potentially long and arduous game, and as I mentioned earlier I swore I’d play this game through, since FG was concerned about how flaky I’d been in the past. I wanted to curtail that by the means I had available at the time.
So, my jimmies have been rustled, but nothing further has really happened to put me on further edge.
<Embrace The Void>

Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 569, Alisae wrote:VOTE: nahdia