Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Xtoxm wrote:
The point is, that his presence moves the day we reach lylo forward by an entire day. So there is absolutley nothing lost in lynching him
nothing lost except giving scum a NK....
thinktank wrote:I wonder if RF and IG are scum partners.
Why?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:25 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

sorry it took me so long to get this post but my internet's been going in and out all day. I'm still trying to comprehend what's been happening- I have a hard time completely comprehending long posts, and there've been a lot of those. I do think however that although he's posted a few times, thinktank seems to be really flying under the radar. He has made posts, but doesn't much elaborate on anything he says, and also has not participated much so far this game at all(although I must admit I haven't been much better).
unvote, vote thinktank
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by farside22 »

vote count:

reborn537 2 votes: (LlamaFluff, Save the Dragons)
LlamaFluff 1 votes: (reborn537)
Inspector Godot 1 vote: (RestFermata)
thinktank 2 vote: (Inspector Godot, babygirl)
Elvis_Knits 1 vote (xtoxm)

Not voting:

Elvis_Knits
kmd4390
GhostWriter
kloud1516

With 12 people it take 7 votes for lynch
Day 1 ends August 28th, 4:00pm PST
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:04 pm

Post by Inspector Godot »

Kmd4390 wrote:Well if you have no case, why do you feel that think specifically of all people needs to be looked at. I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just asking, why thinktank?
Because he's doing such a damn good job of going under the radar. I know that must sound stupid but he's probably our least talked about player and no one really minds.
kloud1516 wrote: QFT. IG - several people have asked you to explain your role speculations, which you could have easily done so in this post, but either elected not so or were planning on doing so at a later time without specification. Either way, I am started to feel as though you are purposefully stonewalling those who press you for information, and I don't like it.
My play style is very speculatory (don't think that's a word). Speculating about power roles seems to have been a mistake, but oh well. I don't think too much bad has come of it except that it's made me look suspicious.
Wins/Losses
Town: 0/1
Scum: 0/0
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:33 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

First, why are we voting TT? Seriously can anyone give me any reason for voting him that is better then, I dunno, almost everyone? Really, this just seems a random wagon and BG is still making me uncomfortable.

I still like reborn more then any other wagon right now. Even if I lay aside everything that gobo did (well there isn’t much to lay aside) he looks pretty scummy. When he entered he immediately went after me, arguably OMGUS style since my vote was on gobo for having voted four times within three people. I have explained all of my votes and why I placed them already, but he still has not answered with an explanation of why any of my votes were scummy, just says that voting that much is wishy-washy and a scum tell.

Later reborn decides to call my vote of him (which was present when he replaced in) OMGUS. This is using false evidence to try and further a lynch of me. Also he is discounting my entire push at gobo for the “claim” thing as made up. While it is obvious that in gobos first and second post he does put out Cleveland quotes.

Following up with my push to get why my votes are scummy, reborn decides it is best to ignore my explanation of votes, and just say that I am metaing myself. There was no attempt here to explain which of my votes made me scum.

The whole dragon conflict more pisses me off than anything else. You guys really need to just break it into quotes and respond that way, it really isn’t too hard to do and helps me read it accurately. Your religion to the wiki here kind of bugs me though. It seems you read that wishy-washy voting is something scum always does, you might of seen it in a game once, so you are taking it as a universal constant. This does not make me mafia though, and it seems to be the main thing you are voting me because of.

The rest of this seems to be you yelling at dragon for poking holes in your case against me. If your case holds that little water, chances are its really weak. That honestly is one of my reasons for thinking you are scum right now. You come in an post a case that hinges half on my votes which you STILL have yet to explain which are scummy and anti-town and half on the claim thing which is my views on the game and is pretty indefensible.

The unwillingness to explain what makes my votes scummy and your misrepresenting me is enough to keep my vote right where it is, and should be enough to be attracting other votes.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:52 am

Post by thinktank »

And the award for the most useless person in this game goes to:
babygirl86 wrote:sorry it took me so long to get this post but my internet's been going in and out all day. I'm still trying to comprehend what's been happening- I have a hard time completely comprehending long posts, and there've been a lot of those. I do think however that although he's posted a few times, thinktank seems to be really flying under the radar. He has made posts, but doesn't much elaborate on anything he says, and also has not participated much so far this game at all(although I must admit I haven't been much better).
unvote, vote thinktank
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:27 am

Post by elvis_knits »

vote inspector godot
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:07 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I am not happy with any of the current vote leaders.

BG - Wtf?
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:03 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Xtoxm wrote:BG - Wtf?
lol.

I agree.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:36 am

Post by RestFermata »

First of all, BG, you've been pregnant for like six years; either have the baby or don't. Second of all, seriously. That was weak sauce. Why am I not surprised, though?
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:26 am

Post by farside22 »

Second prod on GhostWriter last entry 08/18, 8:59pm
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:45 am

Post by babygirl86 »

ok you guys accuse me for being scum when I hop on bandwagons, and then I vote for someone who ISNT on a bandwagon and you don't like that move either? make up your minds people
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:54 am

Post by thinktank »

Being good is always an option.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:40 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Inspector Godot wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:Well if you have no case, why do you feel that think specifically of all people needs to be looked at. I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just asking, why thinktank?
Because he's doing such a damn good job of going under the radar. I know that must sound stupid but he's probably our least talked about player and no one really minds.
Because going under the radar is not equal to scum. I'd love it if he posts more, but I don't think it's appropriate to accuse him of being scum because he's going under the radar. You should construct an argument from the content of his posts if you want to convince me.
babygirl86 wrote:ok you guys accuse me for being scum when I hop on bandwagons, and then I vote for someone who ISNT on a bandwagon and you don't like that move either? make up your minds people
You should vote for who you think is scum, regardless of wagoning or not wagoning.

@ Xtoxm: Has Elvis_Knits done anything specific to earn your vote, or does it come from suspicion on dalt? If you have already answered this question, I apologize, and would ask that you direct me to a post where you have.

It seems that the people you think are town I think are scum, and the people you think are scum I think are town. :P
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

No one has told me why TT is getting votes instead of reborn.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by thinktank »

Because people are bad.

reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Thinktank, I happen to think the case on you is utterly weak to the point of ridiculousness. If BG hadn't claimed lovers with Xtoxm my vote would be on her right now because of her opportunistic waggoning onto you.

For now,
unvote

IG, please explain to me if you were serious about thinktank or if this was some kind of elaborate ruse/gambit?
The quick-hammer is no longer scummy. I'm taking it back.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:00 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

just posting to let everyone know i burned my hand very badly at work tonight so io wont be able to post for the next day or two
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:49 pm

Post by Inspector Godot »

reborn537 wrote:Thinktank, I happen to think the case on you is utterly weak to the point of ridiculousness. If BG hadn't claimed lovers with Xtoxm my vote would be on her right now because of her opportunistic waggoning onto you.

IG, please explain to me if you were serious about thinktank or if this was some kind of elaborate ruse/gambit?
I'm not serious about lynching him, I'm just trying to make sure he's either remembered or posts more. It seems like things are going the second way.
Wins/Losses
Town: 0/1
Scum: 0/0
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:59 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Inspector Godot wrote:
reborn537 wrote:Thinktank, I happen to think the case on you is utterly weak to the point of ridiculousness. If BG hadn't claimed lovers with Xtoxm my vote would be on her right now because of her opportunistic waggoning onto you.

I'm not serious about lynching him, I'm just trying to make sure he's either remembered or posts more. It seems like things are going the second way.
IG... there's no need to vote for people you are "just trying to make sure he's either remembered or posts more." You vote for people you think are scummy. You vote for people you want to die. Otherwise it's really fishy. Because you're not using your vote to get us closer to a lynch. We're on deadline.

And reborn... why are you calling IG's vote "an elaborate ruse/gambit"? What do you think the elaborate ruse/gambit could be?
Talk nerdy to me.

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:02 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

babygirl86 wrote:sorry it took me so long to get this post but my internet's been going in and out all day. I'm still trying to comprehend what's been happening- I have a hard time completely comprehending long posts, and there've been a lot of those. I do think however that although he's posted a few times, thinktank seems to be really flying under the radar. He has made posts, but doesn't much elaborate on anything he says, and also has not participated much so far this game at all(although I must admit I haven't been much better).
unvote, vote thinktank
Again, restating a case and voting....
Inspector Godot wrote:
kloud1516 wrote: QFT. IG - several people have asked you to explain your role speculations, which you could have easily done so in this post, but either elected not so or were planning on doing so at a later time without specification. Either way, I am started to feel as though you are purposefully stonewalling those who press you for information, and I don't like it.
My play style is very speculatory (don't think that's a word). Speculating about power roles seems to have been a mistake, but oh well. I don't think too much bad has come of it except that it's made me look suspicious.
I think that everyone should be looked at throughout the course of the game. Looking at think isn't a bad idea. I was just wondering if you had anything specific to look at.

Speculation on power roles should be kept to yourself. One of the worst things you can do is out an unclaimed power role.
Inspector Godot wrote:

He isn't adding much content though. He's given out an award for most useless person, told us that being good is an option, and said that people are bad.

TT, what are your current opinions on specific players in this game?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:15 am

Post by reborn537 »

elvis_knits wrote:And reborn... why are you calling IG's vote "an elaborate ruse/gambit"? What do you think the elaborate ruse/gambit could be?
I wasn't calling it that, I was asking if it was.

In this case the gambit would be making an incredibly weak case on someone and then seeing if anyone waggoned onto the weak case. For example, as BG did. It's something I encountered in a recent game. The object of such a gambit would be to catch out opportunistic people looking for an easy wagon.

Like I said, if BG hadn't claimed lovers I'd be going for her now because of the waggoning onto TT.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:25 am

Post by elvis_knits »

reborn537 wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:And reborn... why are you calling IG's vote "an elaborate ruse/gambit"? What do you think the elaborate ruse/gambit could be?
I wasn't calling it that, I was asking if it was.
Characterizing it as that is pretty inflamatory.
reborn wrote: In this case the gambit would be making an incredibly weak case on someone and then seeing if anyone waggoned onto the weak case. For example, as BG did. It's something I encountered in a recent game. The object of such a gambit would be to catch out opportunistic people looking for an easy wagon.

Like I said, if BG hadn't claimed lovers I'd be going for her now because of the waggoning onto TT.
If personA made a weak case "to catch scum hopping on a weak wagon," I would assume personA was scum. I don't like it when people set traps, and find that mostly scum set traps, or excuse their scummy play as "setting a trap -- not serious!" So that kind of thing would not fly with me.
Talk nerdy to me.

reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:44 am

Post by reborn537 »

I'm not too fond of it either, but it seems to be something established players try now and again.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:45 am

Post by reborn537 »

Although, having said that IG doesn't seem to be overly experienced, unless he has played prior to joining this site.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”