Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:22 pm

Post by Inspector Godot »

Thank you mod.

Unvote Vote Thinktank

I do look bad, but think has gone under my radar for some time and I want people to remember him if I am lynched. Now, onto something completely different.
Kmd4390 wrote:
RestFermata wrote:No, he wasn't advising other scum, he was just speculating about information that might help the scum. He was just being very...un-careful, something that town can't afford to be. I pointed them out in my case against IG in post 292. He too much talking about power roles and who the mafia probably would or wouldn't NK.
I agree that there was too much power role speculation.
Did IG ever respond about that?
Not really, no. What do you want me to do, apologize?
elvis_knits wrote: I think IG voted me because I was attacking him but hadn't voted him yet. It was a pre-emptive OMGUS, if that even exists lol. Also a way for him to try to discredit my points against him.
Nope, it stayed over from dalt.
elvis_knits wrote:I think his vote on me is suspect because it is solely based on what dalt did. And dalt posted 5 times the whole game (one was a confirmation). Yes, he did bandwagon xtoxm without giving his reasons. BUT, 1)he was not the only person bandwagoning, and 2)he flaked on the game, so maybe that's why he wasn't giving a lot of input. All things considered, I think that the charge of bandwagonning would have to be combined with other things to actually merit a vote. It just seems too thin at this point in the game. I can't understand how dalt voting xtoxm and not giving reasons is THE SCUMMIEST thing in the game at this point. I can see how some people would be suspicious or see it as scummy, but I don't think it's reasonable to think it's the scummiest.
There were no other strong suspects in my mind and you did basically nothing to alleviate my suspicions of dalt. You're getting townier though.
Wins/Losses
Town: 0/1
Scum: 0/0
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:29 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Kmd4390 wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:I am not sure I understand you. What does "the fact that there was a case on you" have anything to do with it?
You could have defended with more than 2 words.
Do you realize that STD voted reborn, reborn FoSed STD, and then I called it OMGUS? None of those people were attacking me, so I wasn't defending myself.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:44 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Inspector Godot wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
RestFermata wrote:No, he wasn't advising other scum, he was just speculating about information that might help the scum. He was just being very...un-careful, something that town can't afford to be. I pointed them out in my case against IG in post 292. He too much talking about power roles and who the mafia probably would or wouldn't NK.
Or maybe explain
why
you would speculate on power roles.
elvis_knits wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:I am not sure I understand you. What does "the fact that there was a case on you" have anything to do with it?
You could have defended with more than 2 words.
Do you realize that STD voted reborn, reborn FoSed STD, and then I called it OMGUS? None of those people were attacking me, so I wasn't defending myself.
Ok, I was thinking you called a case on you OMGUS. That's my screw up...
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:45 am

Post by farside22 »

Lois Griffin: Come on Stewie, don't be afraid. It's just water, it's not gonna bite.
Stewie Griffin: Shut up! I know it's not going to bite, stupid! What a stupid thing to say. You drown in it you moron! It doesn't have to bite you!

vote count:

kmd4390 1 vote: (xtoxm)
reborn537 2 votes: (LlamaFluff, Save the Dragons)
LlamaFluff 2 votes: (babygirl, reborn537)
babygirl86 1 votes: (kloud1516)
Inspector Godot 1 vote: (RestFermata)
thinktank 1 vote: (Inspector Godot)

Not voting:

Elvis_Knits
kmd4390
GhostWriter

With 12 people it take 7 votes for lynch
Day 1 ends August 28th, 4:00pm PST
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:49 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Inspector Godot wrote:
Unvote Vote Thinktank

I do look bad, but think has gone under my radar for some time and I want people to remember him if I am lynched.
Is this your case on thinktank?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:38 am

Post by farside22 »

Prodding Kloud. Last post 08/17, 4:09pm
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:28 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Hi. I'm back. Make a post tonight :)
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:27 am

Post by kloud1516 »

Responding to prod. Sorry everyone, I have been very busy as of late, and I am trying to make sure that I post in every game. Unfortunately, I seemed to have missed this one. I will do a quick reread of the last few pages and get something up.
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Inspector Godot »

elvis_knits wrote:
Inspector Godot wrote:
Unvote Vote Thinktank

I do look bad, but think has gone under my radar for some time and I want people to remember him if I am lynched.
Is this your case on thinktank?
It's not a vote for a lynch, it's just a vote so that someone will pay him some attention.
Wins/Losses
Town: 0/1
Scum: 0/0
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Well if you have no case, why do you feel that think specifically of all people needs to be looked at. I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm just asking, why thinktank?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:11 am

Post by kloud1516 »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Inspector Godot wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
Or maybe explain
why
you would speculate on power roles.
QFT. IG - several people have asked you to explain your role speculations, which you could have easily done so in this post, but either elected not so or were planning on doing so at a later time without specification. Either way, I am started to feel as though you are purposefully stonewalling those who press you for information, and I don't like it.

unvote; FoS: Godot
based on the avoidance perception that I just noted. I will be delving into IG's actions a little more closely very soon, and will try to post more of a substantial analysis. For now, EGMEOY, BG, but I am willing to look elsewhere for the time being.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

@xtoxm Who would you be very happy killing today?
At the point you asked this:

Crub
EK
KMD
LF

And poss RF.

But from what i've glanced at this changes.

I'll post an updated one once i've read new stuffs.
I don't understand what you are saying here.
Yeh sorry, sometimes things come out wrong if i'm trying to multitask thinking with typing quickly :oops:

What I meant wa sthat the suggested scenario, ie scenario C, is the argument that holds true, irrespective of our alignments.

Like so..!
c) BG
is town and
simply agrees with some points made by xtoxm, and then disagrees with other arguments brought up.
My shall stay where it is for now, for even though the lover claim makes sense in regards to the connection, this point:
I suggest you change that before I start finding it scummy.
makes me still feel that my argument above holds some weight. The fact that BG decided to claim lover with you when only three votes (I think it was three votes) were on her only assists in supporting my reasoning for finding her suspicious on the premiss of her actions being erratic/frantic at times. This factor still makes me feel that BG is hiding something, other than the now-revealed lover situation she had been concealing. It is possible for you to both be town, but it is also possible for one of you to be scum and the other town, as well as both scum, so I am at a loss right now. I feel that my earlier suspicions of you have waned to a certain degree, but I feel your lover partner to still be suspicious.
From the way she has acted, I think she is town. If she is scum, I don't think it will matter much, because I can't see us both making it to the end regardless....

I was annoyed when she claimed so early, escpecially when it was just after my posting a defense rather than after an attack or something, but there's nothing I can do about that. But her reasoning is real - I was in said game when she was cop. She just claimed it out of nowhere day 1. I was scum, there were no doctors. Cop dead N1 nice and easy...
But whatever happens, we aren't lynching claimed lovers on Day 1. More likely we'll find out on Day 2 whether they're telling the truth one way or they other.
Wrong. Scum might not kill us tonight (assuming we are both town) - We are lovers. It's not all that powerful a role. They might try to kill a cop or doc or some such role. The only thing they gain from us is a double kill. We also might be kept alive if they think we are a legitimate lynch target.

STD - I didn't like his silly FOSing of 10 players, but overall I quite liked his entry.
After much deliberation, I have determined that your role screws us over pretty much equally whether we lynch you now or whether you prevent us from being able to sucessfully lynch the scum later on in the game (Thanks, mod). Why Xtoxm would be advocating your lynch over scumhunting is beyond me. However, I am not opposed to thinking about pulling the trigger if we're caught with our pants down and nowhere close to a lynch, and neither should you.
I'm glad another person see's my side of it :)
I am seriously pretending everything you say is in the voice of Hitsugaia. However, it's been a long time since I've seen Bleach, so I have no idea if that's his name or not, or even how to spell it. It's also hard, because I watched in Japanese, and your posts are in English.
That is WAY cool! :P

That is his name, english spelling of it is a little different.

You deserve to be immune from my vote for today or something just for that comment :P
Xtoxm is suspicious for suggesting to lynch LlamaFluff on page 3ish or whatever as opposed to later, though. While I find his ideas to be correct, his timing is suspect.
*Sigh*

Again. :(

The point is, that his presence moves the day we reach lylo forward by an entire day. So there is absolutley nothing lost in lynching him, and a very high potential gain (scum day one), and I found his claiming the role suspicious, because a voteless shouldn't want to get his role out there, however a scum with that role, or even that fakeclaim, WOULD want to.
I can definately see this action as eager to be helpful without being helpful. Both IG and RF are players that I have not seen go out of their way to hunt scum, or even for that matter, post much in the way of new content.
No, I disagree. I think that IG has been consistent is posting his suspicions and he's looking very town to me atm. I can probably agree with you on RF.
Anyone I did mention I've got my eye on at least (thinktank, kmd) to flat out suspicion (RF, IG, reborn, and BG/Xtoxm pre-claim).
What is the point of keeping your eye here post-claim?
I'm going to Unvote, Vote Reborn for now. I have my reservations about RF and IG, and I'm still not too keen on the lovers claim (as in, I believe it, but I don't think they're in the clear).
I don't like this at all. Gobo looked very townie to me, and Reborn is also looking good. Although on the whole he looks good, there's a couple things about STD i'm not liking.
My answers are in bold. There doesn't seem to be a case here, just an attack on my suspicions of LF followed by a vote on me. I'm looking at you as scum partners now FoS StD
UGGH. Please don't do this. I can't follow it at all when people respond by writing inside the quote they've quoted.
And yeah, you're right, I'm not a very good scumhunter.
I can't help but find it scummy when people try to use this as an excuse. This has come up in another game of mine. Why must people say this...
But I'd like to point out that not only am I fallible, but I also did most of my read from 2:00 am to 5:00 am in the morning, and may not have been fully awake.
Lol, I do this all the time. I think i'm in love with you. :mrgreen:
Doesn't mean you should policy lynch players who give scum tells.
This whole scum-tell argument you have is a bit confusing. Is a scumtell not, by defintion, something someone does that makes you think they are scum? In the game you are playing. Not just anywhere on the site, done anywhere. Scumtells aren't constant.
I'm sure a scum would speculate who they're going to kill early in-game IN THE GAME THREAD.
Lol, nice response :P
Right. my stuff is in bold again.
Screw that idea.
By the way, you still haven't really answered about why you were doing so much power role speculation, IG. How does that help anybody?
He never said he was power role fishing. Why are you putting wrods in his mouth?

Although it can be seen that way, I do not feel that it was intentional.
I'm pretty sure farsidemod is being ruthless about prodding and replacing players. I don't think lurking is an issue in this game. If you disagree, who do you think is guilty of it?
I can vouch for this.

But about your second point - You cannot deny that some are being less active than others - Both in post frequency and content.
As for the o_O, I don't think that you should be ignoring things and hoping they'd blow over.
I think it's ok, i've done it before. Sometimes if there's something you can't think of a good response too, or without one that's liekly to make you look scummy, it can be easier to hope it just goes away.
What is the advantage of breadcrumbing in a theme game, where scum often have safeclaims anyway? Sorry, this is just a strategic question from a newbie.
Main reason I think is because it can prove you later when you claim, it shows atleast that you've had that claim from the start.

Although it's also fun to try and find a good way of breadcrumbing without giving your role away straight off! :D
this game hasnt been getting enough of my attention, I will should have a larger post up later today
I think you've been a lot more active than most.
On to bigger things - the lovers should find out if its a delayed suicide or not. I have seen instant suicide games and ones where its delayed by either a day or night (ie BG killed N1 xtoxm suicides end of D2). Either way both lovers should be kept off the chopping blocks today.
One step ahead! :P

I have knowledge. At all: Should I share it now? I think it might be better to keep it to myself, so as to prevent scum finding out.

[Skipped a bit for not having much to say about it]

We don't need an extension, lightweights... :P

IG - I hear you about TT. His is laying low a bit, but really i'm finding him looking pretty town atm. There's really not anything he's said that i've disliked. I've also played with him once before (well, sort of), and he was much of a talker, and he was town. So I don't see lurking as a scumtell for him.

Ok, so the new list I promised.

Who i'm happy lynching today:

LF (I doubt you're ever going to lose this spot.. ;))
EK
KMD

Possibles:

RF
STD

So yeh, i'm thinking the other's are town at this time. Although I think Reborn has dropped a bit. But still, I liked Gobo a lot.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Xtoxm, a good, long post.

However, please request an extension, as there are no townie reasons not to.
The quick-hammer is no longer scummy. I'm taking it back.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by RestFermata »

I thought that an extension had already been granted.

It was. 3 day extention, but better then tripping and skining your knee ala peter griffen.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Apart from the fact that's it's completely irrelevent as the maximum extension has already been granted, why not?

I disagree.

I do not think deadline extensions are always pro-town, and I don't often support them. Everyone is here right now, and I feel we could have gotten a decent lynch tongether by the 24th.

Therefore, were it still open, I would be against the dealdine extension.

If it had got close, like day before or something, and it wasn't happening, then i'd have requested. Or if a new replacement wanted extra time to catch up or something.

Anyway, I think it's time to push for the lynch I want, so...

Unvote Vote EK
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Wow. RF got that post up AND Farside mannaged to edit it all while I was typing that.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by RestFermata »

Well, I can understand how you don't like the excuse of "I'm not a very good scumhunter," but I don't know what else to say. I'm contributing all I can. If it doesn't look like enough, that must be why, but I'm trying to do better.

Beyond that, I don't understand how IG's power role speculation being "accidental" matters much. It's anti-town. If someone's a power role, they can out themselves when they want to. And IG still says he believes he should say everything he thinks. Isn't this game about working together while keeping SOME ideas and speculation to yourself, lest you help the scum? It doesn't sound pro-town to me to suggest that everything IG thinks should be right out in the open, for scum and town alike to read.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by thinktank »

I wonder if RF and IG are scum partners.
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by RestFermata »

I wonder if you're going to say why.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Is it not implied?
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by RestFermata »

My guess would be that he thinks I'm bussing him, but why? Why can't it be legitimate suspicion?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

What I think he's on about is you are arguing over a fairly trivial matter.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Why can't it be legitimate suspicion?
He didn't say it wasn't.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by kloud1516 »

Xtoxm wrote:
c) BG
is town and
simply agrees with some points made by xtoxm, and then disagrees with other arguments brought up.
Is the strikethrough an indication that you feel BG is not town? I don't understand.
xtoxm wrote:
My vote shall stay where it is for now, for even though the lover claim makes sense in regards to the connection, this point:
I suggest you change that before I start finding it scummy.
I suggest you read the post right before yours where I unvoted BG. :D
xtoxm wrote:
makes me still feel that my argument above holds some weight. The fact that BG decided to claim lover with you when only three votes (I think it was three votes) were on her only assists in supporting my reasoning for finding her suspicious on the premiss of her actions being erratic/frantic at times. This factor still makes me feel that BG is hiding something, other than the now-revealed lover situation she had been concealing. It is possible for you to both be town, but it is also possible for one of you to be scum and the other town, as well as both scum, so I am at a loss right now. I feel that my earlier suspicions of you have waned to a certain degree, but I feel your lover partner to still be suspicious.
From the way she has acted, I think she is town. If she is scum, I don't think it will matter much, because I can't see us both making it to the end regardless....

I was annoyed when she claimed so early, escpecially when it was just after my posting a defense rather than after an attack or something, but there's nothing I can do about that. But her reasoning is real - I was in said game when she was cop. She just claimed it out of nowhere day 1. I was scum, there were no doctors. Cop dead N1 nice and easy...
I will take it into account when analyzing her from now on as a possibility, but I still find her to be suspicious because of stated erratic behavior. Just because her meta shows that she has done this before as town does not mean that she couldn't do it as scum as well.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Is the strikethrough an indication that you feel BG is not town? I don't understand.
NO!!! :evil:

It's supposed to indicate that the scenario makes sense if you take out the alignment indication, it works for whatever her alignment is, and whatever mine is. That's what i'm saying.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”