Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Eh, ok. I'm male in game, female in RL.

Vote count
(8 players alive = 5 to lynch before deadline)
(1) Gremwell – Mariyta

Not voting:
Gremwell, MafiaMann, Rage, raverblood, sekinj, Singing Librarian, thinktank

Deadline:
Thursday 4 September 2:00 PM (GMT -5 according to forum clock)
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by Rage »

MafiaMann wrote:Im against this i think sekinj is insane but why give the scum a chance to make us think she sane if shes not that could really mess us up to. I think we can win this game with or without sekinjs hints.
MafiaMann wrote:Im male in game and rl
What changed your mind, MafiaMann?
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

I still dont think its a good idea but i figured everyone else was going with it i dont wanna with hold info from the town if they want it.
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by Gremwell »

I'm male, in game and in life
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:52 pm

Post by sekinj »

Okay. I'm 100% sure i know the sex of think and sing... but I if I say it and one or the other are scum, they could easily just say the opposite. However, if they tell the truth and then I just agree... I haven't proved anything...
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:30 pm

Post by Rage »

It won't solve much, but I'd say let them answer on their own. We have time.
Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:44 pm

Post by Singing Librarian »

Sorry guys. I'll post more later, but the gender info is more urgent: male in real life and in game.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by thinktank »

sekinj wrote:Okay. I'm 100% sure i know the sex of think and sing... but I if I say it and one or the other are scum, they could easily just say the opposite. However, if they tell the truth and then I just agree... I haven't proved anything...
Ok two things.

1) I could reveal that but it seems pointless and does not benefit town.

2) Considering that there is a good possibility that you're insane, how can you determine with any certainty whether or not either of us is lying or telling the truth.
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by sekinj »

It is very important for everyone to note: I do not believe I am insane anymore. OGML's nickname proved to me that he was the one who was being irrational.

As far as the current topic goes, I know how many total female characters there are. So, that helps me know who is lying. I'm not saying it is cut and dry. Just more evidence to take into consideration.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by Rage »

So.. I'm under the assumption that OhGodMyLife had no night action. A Squire makes sense as a vanilla.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:51 pm

Post by thinktank »

How was OMGL being irrational? It makes sense that he was vanilla based on his role name. Squires are fairly ordinary people. Sekinj, how dos that prove you are sane, it seems that it does the opposite because it proves one of your statements false.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by sekinj »

His nickname was capricious. Which means he acted erratically.

I believe he did have a night choice, but because of his character, he had to counter me for some reason. I don't think him being a squire means that he didn't have a night choice. Maybe he had to assist the baron in mounting his horse, and that means he noticed the loose strap and therefore saved his life. I don't see how you can speculate that any character "makes sense" as a vanilla. a chancellor sounds like he should be able to do somehting neat, but that is not the case. a cook sounds pretty plain to me, but everyone easily made a coorellation to some special role that he could have been.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:17 am

Post by Mariyta »

sekinj wrote:His nickname was capricious. Which means he acted erratically.

I believe he did have a night choice, but because of his character, he had to counter me for some reason. I don't think him being a squire means that he didn't have a night choice. Maybe he had to assist the baron in mounting his horse, and that means he noticed the loose strap and therefore saved his life. I don't see how you can speculate that any character "makes sense" as a vanilla. a chancellor sounds like he should be able to do somehting neat, but that is not the case. a cook sounds pretty plain to me, but everyone easily made a coorellation to some special role that he could have been.
This sounds like craplogic. I'm at work, so I'll explain why later.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:18 am

Post by sekinj »

I obviously have a different perspective than all of you, because I am the one who recieved this information I'm using. So far, except for OGML, everything else has fallen in line with my information. Two factors contribute to why I still trust my knowledge 1) I really don't think we can speculate about night choices based on the name of a character. A squire has just as much chance of having a night action as say a herald or some other non-standard character. 2) OGML's nickname was Capricous which means he was erratic. For me, that justifies why he was lying. Everyone's nickname (or lack thereof) is part of their character and is important in context.

@mar: please explain the "craplogic" behind that.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:36 am

Post by thinktank »

sekinj wrote:I obviously have a different perspective than all of you, because I am the one who recieved this information I'm using. So far, except for OGML, everything else has fallen in line with my information. Two factors contribute to why I still trust my knowledge 1) I really don't think we can speculate about night choices based on the name of a character. A squire has just as much chance of having a night action as say a herald or some other non-standard character. 2) OGML's nickname was Capricous which means he was erratic. For me, that justifies why he was lying. Everyone's nickname (or lack thereof) is part of their character and is important in context.

@mar: please explain the "craplogic" behind that.
Your reasons contradict one another. Just as much as we can't speculate on night choices, we can not speculate on the nicknames and certainly not to prove to a certainty that the knowledge you have is accurate. Moreover that the knowledge you have could lynch players. Its a very dangerous assumption to make to assume that based on a nickname.

sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:41 am

Post by sekinj »

But the nicknames DO correllate to each person's role and character traits. That's not speculation. Everyone take a look at your own nickname, or the known nicknames, and tell me that is wrong.

However, the names of the roles, like chancellor or squire, cannot in themselves indicate a night choice or not. Each of us has a different role name, there arn't just 3 townies and 2 scum. These are not your regular roles, people. Look at the trouble we had with BeastMaster. How does anyone know for sure the beastnaster character had a night action?? Maybe we have a Butler role, but what night action would that character have? my point is, we cannot speculate about the night choices with only the role name to go on. The role name in itself gives us next to no information, while the
nickname
is significant.

I, for one, am convinced that all other characters (including OGML, exluding me) have or had a night choice.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:40 am

Post by Rage »

In no way does my nickname correlate to what I can and cannot do to a play during Day.

Vote: Sekinj
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:40 am

Post by Rage »

Rage wrote:In no way does my nickname correlate to what I can and cannot do to a
player
during Day.
Fixed.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:33 pm

Post by thinktank »

Rage wrote:
Rage wrote:In no way does my nickname correlate to what I can and cannot do to a
player
during Day.
Fixed.
I'm scared. I hope you use the force for good not evil.

sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by sekinj »

Your nickname is in no way descriptive of your character?

Well, I know mine is and thadmiral's was, so I still believe that ogml's was.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by Mariyta »

sekinj wrote:His nickname was capricious. Which means he acted erratically.

Ok, here's why this is craplogic. It's pretty much what Rage and thinktank said. Just because someone was given a flavor (in this case, our nicknames), it doesn't mean they are going to play that way. You cannot in any way, shape, or form assume that OGML was playing the way he did because he was given Capricious as a nickname. I played Raj in a game; it doesn't mean I typed and thought like he does. Nicknames may be descriptive of our roles, but definitely not our playstyle.

As for all this talk about whether he had a night choice or not, I think there's a good chance we're missing a key piece of information. Maybe Sekinj has misinterpreted what he was given (we can't know for sure until the game is over), or maybe OGML had a one-shot innate power (something he couldn't activate by choice, like a one-shot protection or something). I think we're definitely missing something, because I don't think Sekinj could come up with something this elaborate and stick with it this long. And I don't think it's possible that he's insane. It would be a waste of time for the mod to come up with all that information, only to have it be utterly useless.

At this point, I really have very little idea about who could be scum. I think the most likely to be scum are Gremwell, MafiaMann, thinktank, or Rage. That is all based on feeling, as I haven't seen any major tells from anyone. Mafiamann rubs me the wrong way, and Gremwell is coming across as lurker-scum. My vote is staying on Gremwell until he gives us something more substantial.
-Susan Ertz

Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by Gremwell »

OGML's role may have had a post restriction of sorts, and that's what his nickname was alluding to. I don't know what his restriction could have been, but I'll look back and see if I can see a pattern or something.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:45 pm

Post by sekinj »

Mariyta wrote: Ok, here's why this is craplogic. It's pretty much what Rage and thinktank said. Just because someone was given a flavor (in this case, our nicknames), it doesn't mean they are going to play that way. You cannot in any way, shape, or form assume that OGML was playing the way he did because he was given Capricious as a nickname. I played Raj in a game; it doesn't mean I typed and thought like he does. Nicknames may be descriptive of our roles, but definitely not our playstyle.
I'm not AT ALL talking about playstyle. I'm talking about restrictions or thing he HAD to do. I myself have gotten threatening notes at night saying that if I don't do A, then I will be dead in x number of days. Sing's vote was stolen, OGML's vote was bought out. that's what I'm tlaking about!! Things in the game. Maybe he HAD to counter the first person who claimed or he would be killed anyway. weird stuff like that which fit into this game's world.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:45 pm

Post by Gremwell »

Ok, looking back now I really don't think that a post restriction is the case, OGML asked for clarification of the info almost right after it was posted, it would seem he was considering ccing but wanted to be sure first. His post was missed at first but then addressed a few pages later followed by his claim.

Now a question for sekinj: you said in an earlier post that you received an anonymous letter N0, is this correct? And if that is in fact the case, did you receive another letter tonight?

If so receiving a letter may be your night action/choice/whatever and OGML was just so sure of his CC that in his eyes you had to be scum.

One thing I noticed on a reread was that looking back, thadmiral was talking the most sense of anyone here.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:46 pm

Post by sekinj »

EBWOP: And his nickname is an indication of a restriction, rule, or forced behavior that was on his character.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”