elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:17 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm not sure if farside should link her video, but I do think chenhsi should link his.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:21 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!
chenhsi wrote:I am
a
black knight
I find this quite suspicious.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:29 am

Post by strappado »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Albatross!
chenhsi wrote:I am
a
black knight
I find this quite suspicious.

Albatross!
nah - he admitted he knows nothing about monty python, so I wouldn't look to much into the way he says it.

I think he's scum b/c of all the other previously listed reasons though, so I'm definitely not defending him, just saying...
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:38 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Darla claimed with 'a' not 'the', that's all I'm saying.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

I think Gurgi pointed out the
a
with respect to
a
French Taunter. If someone counter's Chenshi my head will turn upside down. ( I am not asking for someone too, I'm just saying what I will literally do because that will be crazy)

Also I just noticied something. My role refers to me as
The
and not a. Doubt that really matters but I figured I say it
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

How many more times am I gonna get simul posted today! For the love of god!
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:48 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

I, too, am a "The."

Though, tobefair, it sort of looks like darla was
a
french taunter.

Anyway, that claim isn't convincing me to change my mind.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

We may want to stop mentioning that in case it is modkill worthy. I doubt that it is but I don't want to everyone tempting fate

^This^
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:00 am

Post by SpyreX »

So, let me get this cleared up.

Chenshi is "a" Black Knight - A 2-shot BP.

Farside is ? - but has some interaction with the overzealous knight (I could be reading that wrong - were you counterclaiming or is your role connected in some fashion)

I dont know what to make of the "a" versus "the" debate. I am, of course an "a". There are a few python roles that would be "a" and not "the" - the BK of course isn't one of them.

However, that semantics argument doesn't really hold weight considering how bizarre this game has been in relation to the roles.

Normally, a 2-shot BP would seem very out of the ordinary - with this game I could buy it though. However, again, considering we have no proof of pro-town roles that could test it it IS a good scumclaim AND the events leading up to it are still suspect.

My vote stays.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:03 am

Post by farside22 »

farside22 wrote:
chenhsi wrote:
imaginality wrote:As for chenhsi, his reluctance to claim yet is interesting, because he showed no reluctance to claim in other games I'm in with him and he flipped town both times in those games. This game he seems somewhat more nervous to. Look forward to hearing what he claims...
I'm not relucting to claim, I merely haven't been on the site. I am a black knight, and I can get killed twice at night and live. The third time, unfortunately, will kill me. I don't know how many times, if any, I have been killed so far.
unvote:
vote: chenhsi

Sort story I am
trying to avoid
an overzelous knight. I'm also thinking the ability is a 3 shot imune SK now.
That is all.
That was not a claim that I'm anything. I stated I am avoiding an overzelous knight.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:44 am

Post by killa seven »

PokerFace wrote:
PokerFace wrote:
@Killa seven,
is english your primary language? I can see someone who secondary or third language being english having a lurker playstyle if he doesn't know english as his best language. That or its possible he is just in a bunch of games and thus is not able to focus himself in just one.
Also K7 why send Mirth after Lord Gurgi, any reason for using your skill like that?
:roll:
Im pretty sure mirth was questiong my role and power so i chose her.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

I'll have to look back and check on her reactions to you. I guess that makes sence but why did you send her after Gurgi? Why Gurgi? I don't recall you or her suspecting him.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:49 am

Post by The Internet »

I'm think of voting, but I'm worried about lynching another townie. I'd wait for chenshi's reply, but that would happen only slightly before the heat death of the universe. I''l let the town discuss for a real life day or so before voting.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:19 am

Post by farside22 »

I have watched the video in full. My head offically hurts now. I am deffinately not looking for the black knight.
Shaft.ed you are a sick and twisted man. :shock:

My vote may go back on Cherishi as it is my understanding the Black knight wasn't a good guy.
Cherishi can you please link us the video you were sent.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:29 am

Post by farside22 »

I have so many questions after watching the video in full. I think I may cry out of confusion. Here is a question because I will admit to not being the biggest Monty Python fan.
In the quest for the holy grail the black knight stops the group from moving forward. Is that right or what was the complete story on that? It might help me to determine Cherishi role a bit knowing the answer.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:42 am

Post by Muerrto »

farside22 wrote:I have watched the video in full. My head offically hurts now. I am deffinately not looking for the black knight.
Wait. You're trying to avoid the over zealous knight? I think I know who you are and there's no way someone would false claim what I'd consider a pretty minor role.

And yes, the Black Knight was a bad guy altho hilarious.

In light of the claim I could vote Chensi. Especially since being immune to kills twice with no other powers is strange to be sure.

I'd like a VC first tho.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:48 am

Post by farside22 »

Muerrto wrote:
farside22 wrote:I have watched the video in full. My head offically hurts now. I am deffinately not looking for the black knight.
Wait. You're trying to avoid the over zealous knight? I think I know who you are and there's no way someone would false claim what I'd consider a pretty minor role.

And yes, the Black Knight was a bad guy altho hilarious.

In light of the claim I could vote Chensi. Especially since being immune to kills twice with no other powers is strange to be sure.

I'd like a VC first tho.
Bless you. I am confused more because I forgot about certain things in the movie. So now I wonder if that overzelous knight is evil and the black knight is good because didn't he stop the overzelous knight or do I have the wrong movie?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:50 am

Post by shaft.ed »

the colonel wrote:Now, it seems that someone is acting rather silly. Now, is anyone going to do something about it. Allright get voting then ten, nine, eight and all that.

Vote Count:

chenhsi
(4) strappado, SpyreX, TheSweatpantsNinja, Lord Gurgi

killa seven
(2) imaginality, Azimuth
Muerrto
(1) elvis_knits

Not Voting:
farside22, Pokerface, killa seven, Muerrto, The Internet, chenhsi

With 13 alive it's 7 to lynch or No Lynch
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by Muerrto »

farside22 wrote:Bless you. I am confused more because I forgot about certain things in the movie. So now I wonder if that overzelous knight is evil and the black knight is good because didn't he stop the overzelous knight or do I have the wrong movie?
Wrong movie. The over zealous knight was a main char and good. Then again, so's your role most likely if I'm thinking of the right scene.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by imaginality »

After chenhsi's claim, I'm prepared to vote/hammer him (the 2x NK-immunity fits very well with him being an SK as others have suggested), but I want to wait until PokerFace has the chance to share the "rather startling evidence I held off on posting earlier."
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by SpyreX »

^ I endorse the above.

Also, since it is Python and all.... what better character to be ego-centric than the Black Knight? ;)

Want PF's evidence though.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:20 am

Post by strappado »

chenhsi... where are you dude? Do you have any answers? suggestions? questions? maybe just post your video link.
http://strappado.mybrute.com
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:22 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I googled the black knight myself to refresh my memory. Being 2 or 3 times bulletproof fits with the character since he gets his arms and leg cut off and still lives. But I think the character is much more likely to be evil than good, even though the power makes sense.

unvote; vote chenhsi
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:24 am

Post by PokerFace »

Ok I found what I was looking for. The post was on my work computer and I was off yesterday so I apoligize for that part of the delay since that was my bad I should have sent the post to my home email a long time ago.

Once K7 gives his opinion on this...
PokerFace wrote:I'll have to look back and check on her reactions to you. I guess that makes sence but why did you send her after Gurgi? Why Gurgi? I don't recall you or her suspecting him.
If he picked Gurgi out of a hat or whatever I still want his answer, I was able to easily think of a reason he sent me after Strappado, but I don't see why K7 would send someone after Gurgi.

Mirth did question K7 some and she was fairly pro-town so I guess that much makes sence but I don't recall Mirth or K7 being suspicious of Gurgi. Only I have really been that.
Mirth wrote:You choose one player to track another? ...that is really really weird. Video link?

unvote: chenhsi
vote: Iron Man

Iron Man, answer the questions you've yet to answer please? (including about your early wagon jumping which you still didnt get to even though I asked lots and lots of times)
Once K7 responds I'll be giving another post and we'll be moving toward lynching Chenshi or another person I have suspected. For now I have a rather interesting Ace up my sleve and I won't say who the ace is directed at just yet.

I have held off on posting this information for a few reasons. I wanted to see where things went pretaining to Muerto, SpyreX, and Chenshi. This post has something important that will shift discussion in an entirely new direction if what I assume is correct, so I want the current direction greatly sorted first.

Speaking of sorting some things I was questioning Muerto because of his Character and manor in Elemental vs this game. I think he has been acting different in terms of agresiveness and boldness. He pushed wagons more strongly in that game. He has responded to my comments somewhat still there...
Muerrto wrote:EBWOP: Oh, and I ran the town in elemental because I knew I was invincible after I had to claim so until I started pulling suspiscion I had no fear (untargetable at night townie). I usually lead the discussion in newbie games as well but here it's not the same case. I'm obviously not invincible(although it'd be nice) and the players here are a bit more seasoned so I'm content running with the pack rather than heading it up. But to say I'm falling behind the pack is false.
and yet I don't recall saying I considered him lurking so I still wonder why he felt the need to direct this at so many including those that did not specifically say he was lurking.
Muerrto wrote:
PokerFace wrote:
Muerrto wrote:
And as for my participation. I don't think I've lurked in the least. I've contributed to the discussion quite a bit and posted pretty consistently. But in elemental I had a job where I could access this site during work. Now I don't. I check the board when I get home, sometimes in the morning too. That's about it. But I'd say I've posted at least every other day except weekends. I think calling my participation into play is a pretty low blow since I don't feel it's been lacking. And voting me for it?

That's just weak.
@Muerto,
is the bolded part suppose to be directed at me or someone else? Because it feels almost like you're adressing me since you don't mention anyone's name and you did quote and answer me with the first parts.
Generally everyone but more Elvis who voted me.
Either I forgot where I said he was lurking or I did not say it so his response looks odd to me there.

I'll post my big post after K7 responds, I don't think I need to wait for Muerto to show my hand.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:30 am

Post by PokerFace »

elvis_knits wrote:I googled the black knight myself to refresh my memory. Being 2 or 3 times bulletproof fits with the character since he gets his arms and leg cut off and still lives. But I think the character is much more likely to be evil than good, even though the power makes sense.

unvote; vote chenhsi
No body hammer just yet since I and some other still have more to say.

Also I don't think someone's character being Bad is a valid reason to lynch them. I have played in games were the main here was scum and the villian was town so we should not look for lynches with respect to that.

In Clerks Mafia the Main character's helpful yet misguided sidekick was an SK, and I heard tales of a Buffy the Vampire Slayer Mafia having Buffy as an SK. Good guys can be bad and vice versa. Chenshi should be lynched for his overall scummy play, not his character.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”