RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:44 am

Post by RestFermata »

No, he wasn't advising other scum, he was just speculating about information that might help the scum. He was just being very...un-careful, something that town can't afford to be. I pointed them out in my case against IG in post 292. He too much talking about power roles and who the mafia probably would or wouldn't NK.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:45 am

Post by RestFermata »

EBWOP. *He
did
too much talking
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:49 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I know this is sort of stupid for me to be grilling you over your suspicions of IG since I am also suspicious of IG. But when did you start being suspicious of him? I have this feeling that you only started talking about him after I attacked him... which makes me uneasy.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:54 am

Post by RestFermata »

I'd always been a little wary of him, but I thought he hadn't posted enough to get a clear read. When StD brought IG up in conjunction with his suspicions of me, it reminded me of the fact that I was letting him go unnoticed (by me). I thought I'd give his posts another read, so I displayed just his posts and read them. That's when I noticed all his weird anti-town speculation.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:36 am

Post by farside22 »

vote count:

kmd4390 1 vote: (xtoxm)
Elvis_Knits 1 vote: (Inspector Godot)
reborn537 2 votes: (LlamaFluff, Save the Dragons)

LlamaFluff 2 votes: (babygirl, reborn537)

babygirl86 1 votes: (kloud1516)
Inspector Godot 1 vote: (RestFermata)

Not voting:

Elvis_Knits
kmd4390
GhostWriter

With 12 people it take 7 votes for lynch
Day 1 ends August 25th, 4:00pm PST.

What is that red in the vote. Well that's who's butt in currently ready to be kicked come deadline
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:08 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I'm trying to decide whether I want to vote IG or KMD more. I also want to look at reborn. I'm not sure what I think of him, but since he has 2 votes I want to see if it's something I could agree with. We're getting close to deadline so we've got to reach a consensus. I'll try to vote later today to help move things along.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:14 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Save The Dragons wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:Entirely WIFOM. Scum excuse scum tells by calling them too obvious and saying scum would never do such a thing.
I'm talking theory, not practice. I'm saying that scum who pay attention or even scum who think logically are going to avoid doing things like draw attention to themselves. I'm not saying they're going to avoid it to be like the town.

Basically, if I get caught being overeager in one game, I'm going to be less likely to throw myself out there in my next game as scum. I guess I worded my statement wrong. I apologize. I did not mean to imply that all scum avoided scumtells.
Agreed. People aren't likely to make the same slip twice. They won't make a slip they saw in a recent game. They will still slip though.
Save The Dragons wrote: If we set aside the WIFOM parts (which I'll admit, I'm not so keen on myself since my understanding of WIFOM is fuzzy at best), how does the rest of my argument fair, kmd?
I don't like they way reborn saw your case as a defense of llama. That's what I'm wondering about right now.
elvis_knits wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:All I can think of is that in a game like this, experienced scum will often lurk because so many other players are doing it so they can get away with it.
I'm pretty sure farsidemod is being ruthless about prodding and replacing players. I don't think lurking is an issue in this game. If you disagree, who do you think is guilty of it?
Wow, I can't believe I did that. I was thinking of another game in which there are very few active players. Ignore that statement....

Still catching up....
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:18 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

thinktank wrote:
RestFermata wrote:Nowhere. I was talking about theme games in general. In many of the ones I've read there have been safeclaims.
FoS: Fermata
reasoning?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:32 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

RestFermata wrote: Scum might tend to be a little less careful on the balancing act.
I've always thought that scum are
more
careful with what they post.
elvis_knits wrote:
What is the advantage of breadcrumbing in a theme game, where scum often have safeclaims anyway?
I think it's mostly the same advantages as when there are not safe claims. For scum or town, they both want the same thing... It can help people believe your claim. It can help them trust you even before you claim (if they pick up on your crumb and believe you). But it can also backfire and get you lynched or NK'ed. So it really depends on the role and how much you think is good to risk.
It's not hard to breadcrumb for a future fakeclaim.
RestFermata wrote:No, he wasn't advising other scum, he was just speculating about information that might help the scum. He was just being very...un-careful, something that town can't afford to be. I pointed them out in my case against IG in post 292. He too much talking about power roles and who the mafia probably would or wouldn't NK.
I agree that there was too much power role speculation.
Did IG ever respond about that?
elvis_knits wrote:I'm trying to decide whether I want to vote IG or KMD more. I also want to look at reborn.
Reasoning please?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:41 am

Post by farside22 »

Prodding babygirl. Last post 08/16 11:48am
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:44 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Kmd4390 wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:I'm trying to decide whether I want to vote IG or KMD more. I also want to look at reborn.
Reasoning please?
Well I disagreed with you about BG even before her claim. But I do think your reasoning was okay -- the point about her bandwagoning almost everyone is not horrible reason to vote a person. Just the fact that I had a different read on her despite the fact of her bandwagoning. So that reason is sort of "meh."

But I guess the main reason is that I didn't like that you criticized me for calling reborn's vote an OMGUS. It reads to me like a subtle defense of reborn. Do you think reborn's vote was not OMGUS? Why were you looking to criticize me over that?
Talk nerdy to me.

RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:12 am

Post by RestFermata »

Scum would be more careful in general, but as far as revealing things that might help the scum, I could imagine them accidentally slipping on that a few times.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:13 am

Post by babygirl86 »

I'm here- had an incredibly busy past few days- I'm about to leave for work but I'll try and get a reread done by tomorrow
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:17 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

elvis_knits wrote:
But I guess the main reason is that I didn't like that you criticized me for calling reborn's vote an OMGUS. It reads to me like a subtle defense of reborn. Do you think reborn's vote was not OMGUS? Why were you looking to criticize me over that?
Well, I think it may have been partially OMGUS. It was just the fact that there was a case on you and regardless of whether or not it was a good one, your post consisted of only "OMGUS much?"
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:40 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I am not sure I understand you. What does "the fact that there was a case on you" have anything to do with it?
Talk nerdy to me.

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:56 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

I think reborn and IG are better paths then trying to figure out if RF slipped or not, especially with a deadline approaching that I will have limited access around

With all replacement I have been pondering the possiblity of an extention. If enough people request an extention one will be given but it will most likely only be a 4 day extention at best.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by reborn537 »

LF you still haven't presented a case on me.
The quick-hammer is no longer scummy. I'm taking it back.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

elvis_knits wrote:I am not sure I understand you. What does "the fact that there was a case on you" have anything to do with it?
You could have defended with more than 2 words.
LlamaFluff wrote:
With all replacement I have been pondering the possiblity of an extention. If enough people request an extention one will be given but it will most likely only be a 4 day extention at best.
An extension would be great.

As you said, there have been some replacements and the extra time would only help.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by thinktank »

Mod: An extension would be great
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by RestFermata »

Vote: Extension
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:01 pm

Post by reborn537 »

4th on the extension bandwagon
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by farside22 »

Extension granted. New deadline is Thursday August 28th 4:00pm PST. I can not extend this any further as I will be gone for the holiday weekend myself.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by reborn537 »

That is most generous.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:29 pm

Post by RestFermata »

Yes, thank you, mod.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:10 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Yay for extension.