Alabaska J (1)
- Erratus Apathos
kloud1516 (1)
- ThAdmiral
Cerebus3 (1)
- SleepyPanda
Adel (2)
- Alabaska J, Raging Rabbit

Not Voting (15) - sekinj, OpposedForce, somestrangeflea, Harvey Pew, pwnz, DarlaBlueEyes, charter, Cephrir, neko2086, cerebus3, farside22, armlx, WaltWishbone, wolframnhart, kloud1516

Twelve
votes to lynch.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
SleepyPanda
SleepyPanda
Goon
SleepyPanda
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:19 pm

Post by SleepyPanda »

cerebus3 wrote:
SleepyPanda wrote:
cerebus3 wrote:

You're asking what started the fire wagon when you were on it. Does that make a lot of sense? It looks your vote on Fire at first was a distancing attempt and your quote above was an out to allow yourself to backtrack.
uhhhhh.... no. That statement was supposed to make people go, hey, that reasoning is similar to why we think firestarter is scum, so maybe there is something there. If anything I was supporting the firestarter wagon. (The question was rhetorical in other words, not literal.)

Is guilt by association all you have?. :?
What/who are you referring to by 'there'?

I'm going by what I see. Are you saying we shouldn't be trying to look for connections?
Maybe I would be more sympathetic if you had actually read what I was talking about panda. You clearly have no idea what was going on when I made that post, yet you call it scummy. did you even read page 17? I suggest you do, and stop blatantly ignoring context.

Dybek had just dropped a vote on SSF in a similar fashion that Firestarter did, and IcemanE called him out on it.
Maybe I would be more sympathetic if you hadn't left everything completely vague. I'm not ignoring context if you've never referenced it in the first place. You have never mentioned dybeck or SSF specifically in your posts, until now. When you said you agree with iceman, he made multiple posts in between yours. You didn't bother to quote anything. Your question asking what started the Fire wagon cannot be immediately recognized as rhetorical and it can be interpreted different ways. Am I suppose to be a mind reader?

The last question is rhetorical btw, but it's quite straightfoward though, so you probably already knew.
sekinj wrote:reading SSF's posts I can understand the suspicion. however, if we are basing it mostly on lurking, let's open our eyes a little:

Here a few of our lurkers:
Armix - I know, you are thinking, who? yeah, he has posted one time. he replaced someone who had posted 2 times.
DBE - Yes, adel brought attention to her by claiming she intentionally put ice at L-1. with a total of 10 posts to her name, I doubt she knew the votecount, and I really doubt voting her is going to encourage participation.
Harvey pew - 7 total posts. votes fire, then switches to crazy after pressure from ice... these look pretty scummy.
Walt - 8 posts... notice the self-congratulation after the lynch...

If we want to shine some light on these lurkers I'd like some answers from harvey pew expecially.

@harvey: Why did you switch your vote to crazy at the say-so of ice? what do you think of crazy now?
@sekinj, nice quintuple posting. An attempt to boost your total posts? Yeah, I'm on to you.

The only time armlx posted was to say he'll be back Tuesday. Just turned Tuesday though.

I agree with hearing more from Harvey.

@Harvey, at one point, you mentioned reading over the ice and Crazy cases at the time and said that you found Crazy to be worse and voted accordingly. When you said worse, did you mean in comparison to iceman? If you found iceman even a tad scummy, why call him an "inno"?
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:21 pm

Post by Raging Rabbit »

Adel wrote:potential scumtell: a player distancing himslef from his lover prior to claiming.
basis: scum tend to distance themselves from their partners, and could also distance themselves from their lover out of habit or reflex. A
fos
of a lover would be a particularly strong version of the tell.

I didn't lose faith in the iceman lynch, I lost faith in the informational potential of the iceman lynch, especially if it proved to be a mislynch. I also wanted to identify who was blindly following me, and to put some pressure on DBE to post more.
No idea why you didn't say this earlier, but this actually makes a lot of sense. I suppose there's no harm done about the switch to DBE since it obviously had no chance of changing the lynch, so you got some info to boot. What to you make of people's response to your switch to DBE, all the FOSes and such?

Unvote. Massclaim.
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:38 am

Post by pwnz »

Massclaim
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:41 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

sekinj wrote:Harvey pew - 7 total posts. votes fire, then switches to crazy after pressure from ice... these look pretty scummy.
@harvey: Why did you switch your vote to crazy at the say-so of ice? what do you think of crazy now?
You are mistaken. I did not switch my vote because Ice asked me too. Ice, like yourself and SleepyP, stated that I should post more. At the time I was voting for Firestarter. I did a re-read, posted my thoughts and changed my vote to match what I thought. On D1 I was not satisfied with the play of either Crazy
or
Ice, but Crazy's actions and statements seemed more suspicious than Ice. All this information is included in the original voting post.
SleepyPanda wrote:If you found iceman even a tad scummy, why call him an "inno"?
Because I believe it is possible for townies to make mistakes and
for it to be no more than that
. I prefer to assume innocence. Jumping on every error screaming "scum!" does not appeal to me. You must have seen it yourself in the games where you are mafia: many town players grasp at a single mistake and build it into a case which you
know
is complete nonsense. As a townie I am certain that this has happened here/is happening here/will happen here in the future.

I am pleased we caught some mafia here but I think it was down more to good fortune than skill. As evinced by sekinj trying to make a case on D2 for me being scum, based solely on the fact that
I didn't vote as he did
. Since he FoS'd Crazy twice D1 and devoted a post to simply stating "FoS: Harvey" I'm not particularly moved.

On a re-read I still don't like Crazy's D1 play. But I do agreed with his proposition that sekinj is Adel's partner, or if not Adel then someone who is gaining lynch votes. So, again, I do not see sekinj as immediately scum because he is voting an inno but as someone determined to get the focus and votes off his partner. While I do not approve of his immediate focus the action is entirely understandable.
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:42 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

EBWOP

massclaim
OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:12 am

Post by OpposedForce »

Crazy wrote: I just reread a couple people. OF sticks out badly to me.

Unvote, Vote OpposedForce
OpposedForce wrote: Also I'm not sure about Adel's scumtell thing. I don't understand it generally so elaboration would be helpful to why people would change their minds of a early lover mass claim.
Here he shows that he doesn't know what the scum-tell was.

And later:
OpposedForce wrote: What I see is Crazy defending adel as town as well as the scumtell. Adel isn't even confirmed town and Crazy is already assuming she is and following the scumtell. Attacking a person for a statement from someone and stating their town is pretty scummy.
This is bad. Think back to the mentality of that time as I say this:

OF did not know what the scum-tell was. Thus, how can he really accuse me of confirming Adel as town? He didn't know the scum-tell, so he would have no idea what we were talking about, right? So how could he know that my logic was bad?
Yeah great logic there your pretty much lying to youself here. I didn't know the scumtell and neither did you. The difference between me not knowing the scumtell and you not knowing the scumtell is that you used it to attack a person and confirm adel as confirmed town (don't believe me?)
Crazy wrote: This is stupid. Look at it my way:

-Adel knows about said scum-tell and made a point to actually bring it up.
-I have a feeling I know what she is talking about, so a secret scum-tell
does
actually exist.

The only way that Adel is scum is the following:

Adel made up the fact that there is a secret-scumtell and somehow got lucky since there actually
is
one.

I am about 90% sure Adel is town
. I am about equally sure Iceman is scum. This post I quoted a second ago really settles it:
Crap case on me. What are you pretending to actually scumhunt and pin crap on me?
Vote:Crazy
The great blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it.
Seneca (7 B.C. - 65 A.D.)
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:23 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Crazy wrote:I have a feeling that sekinj is Adel's lover.
Ooh! This game's fun.
My money's on pwnz/Alabaska.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:23 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Oh and
massclaim
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:29 am

Post by Cephrir »

Adel's scum tell does make sense, although I don't think it was necessarily worthy of so much suspense. I guess that tell might help us get more info from day 1, but it definitely won't help us anymore since scum know what it is. I suppose we may as well
massclaim
=/
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:32 am

Post by neko2086 »

OF, the difference between Crazy not knowing the scumtell and you not knowing it is that you knew you didn't know it, while Crazy, I still believe, thought he knew what it was. Crazy said lots of weird things, and putting them in bold might look like you're making a good case, but in context, you're just harping on old news.

Crazy assumed the town knew something the scum didn't, so if he and Adel were thinking the same thing, of course he'd think Adel was town.
In Tartiflette We Trust
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:33 am

Post by charter »

Are there any reasons for massclaiming? Just people being lazy or what?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:49 am

Post by Cephrir »

So that we can use Adel's scumtell. That's my reason anyway, dunno about everyone else.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
OpposedForce
OpposedForce
Goon
OpposedForce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:58 am

Post by OpposedForce »

neko2086 wrote:OF, the difference between Crazy not knowing the scumtell and you not knowing it is that you knew you didn't know it, while Crazy, I still believe, thought he knew what it was. Crazy said lots of weird things, and putting them in bold might look like you're making a good case, but in context, you're just harping on old news.

Crazy assumed the town knew something the scum didn't, so if he and Adel were thinking the same thing, of course he'd think Adel was town.
Yet he comes out of nowhere with a two posts from early in the game to push on me to make it seem like he's scum hunting. Why attack me out of nowhere when he could of stated this Day 1? The case he has on me is crap and he's going nowhere with it.
The great blessing of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it.
Seneca (7 B.C. - 65 A.D.)
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:21 am

Post by destructor »

Knight of Cydonia replaces farside22.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:19 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Massclaim

Reading up now, would anyone care to give me the gist of things, other than this massclaim plan?
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:46 am

Post by neko2086 »

Why aren't you asking your lover? After all, that is the only person who you can be sure of their alignment.

OF, I see your point. I think both your arguments, however, are going nowhere.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Raging Rabbit
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Raging Rabbit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:49 am

Post by Raging Rabbit »

We are in some sort of lovers conference, only we decided to lynch someone every day so that his partner will go all Shakespearian and kill himself. This is because we suspect that some of us are gangsters and/or werewolves.

Other than that, you should read the game and make up your own mind.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:43 am

Why aren't you asking your lover? After all, that is the only person who you can be sure of their alignment.
I am, but unfortunately Crazy doesn't seem to be around right now.
I'm on Page 20 now, should have my first meaningful post soon.
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:00 am

Post by cerebus3 »

@panda: It was the thing that was getting the most attention at the time (to me anyway), so I didn't feel like it was necessary to quote anything, but whatever.

Now that you know what I was talking about, why are you still voting me?
"Insanity is the last defense of the master bureaucrat"

I am busy mondays through wednesdays, and sometimes thursdays. My posting with be sporadic during that time period.
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:02 am

Post by cerebus3 »

Oh, and because I didn't say anything earlier, I am ambivalent towards a mass claim.
"Insanity is the last defense of the master bureaucrat"

I am busy mondays through wednesdays, and sometimes thursdays. My posting with be sporadic during that time period.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:53 am

Okay, I really don't like Adel, what with the whole flip-flop on the masslcaim/scumtell thing - at least, it looks like a flip-flip to me. I don't have time for mroe analysis right now, will do a proper one next post.
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:00 am

Post by Erratus Apathos »

charter wrote:Are there any reasons for massclaiming? Just people being lazy or what?
I'd rather have twice as much information per team now, rather than find out after someone gets run up.
Do you want your possessions identified?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by Crazy »

So, OF, the reason I'm just accusing you now is because I just did a reread of a couple people. You were one of them. I found something I thought to be scummy, so I voted for you. That's how it works. Your OMGUS really isn't helping your case, and you're just really reaching because you think I'll be an easy lynch.

(Neko's post 761 is correct)
KoC wrote: Okay, I really don't like Adel, what with the whole flip-flop on the masslcaim/scumtell thing - at least, it looks like a flip-flip to me. I don't have time for mroe analysis right now, will do a proper one next post.
I like Adel. Essentially the case on her is the same as the case on me. It's not flip-flopping if it's for a good reason.

(Not distancing, btw, just a little lovers' quarrel)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”