kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:33 am

Post by kloud1516 »

First off:

I am utterly confused by the last several posts. :oops: I am going to need to go back and read this over again in hopes of making sense of this. Everything from post 266 onward has my head spinning in a conundrum for some reason, so I am going ask for some clarification here.

@xtoxm
Who would you be very happy killing today?

I think this is what is getting me confused, because I am not following which responses are addressed to who.

I am currently working on addressing certain points/voicing my opinions on current actions. The post shouldn't take long.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Most of the points are answering the immediately previous post, unless there is a name mentioned or an actually quote. Just read it like a conversation in that sense.
The quick-hammer is no longer scummy. I'm taking it back.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by kloud1516 »

Given the recent BG/xtoxm lover claim, some of this content will be somewhat outdated, but I feel it necessary to address the post just so all points can be explained.
Xtoxm wrote:
a) BG is scum and therefore knows who is pro-town and who is not. Because of this information, she is trying to connect herself to someone/several people she felt others would believe to be pro-town early on in the game in hopes of making herself look pro-town.
You say she is trying to make connections. What connections? I see no connections from BG to me. Saying you find someone to look town is not a scumtell.
First off, I said that these scenarios were only theory, and did not have a whole lot of evidence behind them besides speculation. Given the fact that the lovers claim has manifested, the connection makes more sense to a certain degree, but I will still go ahead and point out the particular posts I was referring to.
babygirl86 wrote:Here's my thoughts on the situation. Although I hate the idea of claiming day one, in this case I find it somewhat helpful- at least we know now that there are restrictions and to expect the unexpected so to speak. As for xtoxm's attacking LF, I don't find it scummy but I don't like it. I haven't played in any games with him(I don't think) so I don't really know his playstyle- maybe he can just be overly aggressive. I definately don't like the idea of lynching someone just because their vote doesn't count- if LF has a good idea of who is scum, he still has the capability of trying to influence other players to see someone's scumminess- sort of like the bandwagon on xtoxm now.
Here is an example of what I was saying in my previous post. As I have already explained, I found this post to stand out when doing a reread after GW and Kmd revealed their observations. I felt that this post served as a defense of your (xtoxm's) reasoning against LF, as BG claims she does not find it scummy. She then claims she hasn't played any games with you, and tries to justify your actions for you by suggesting that you play style is possibly just overly aggressive. I am not insinuating that an aggressive play style is indicative of an anti-town alignment, but I don't think BG trying to explain your actions was needed.

Because of the lack in necessity, I felt that this could be hypothetical BG-scum trying to defend someone that she would know to be pro-town and, in doing so, possibly look more pro-town herself. I felt that this possibility was reasonable, as if you were lynched and flipped town, this would possibly make her look more pro-town. As I said earlier, the lover claim makes more sense now, and would justify BG defending you, so theoretical scenario a has been rendered invalid in certain aspects. There is still a possibility that one of you is town and the other is scum, but the attempting to make a connection portion has been shot down for the time being imo.
Xtoxm wrote:
c) BG is town and simply agrees with some points made by xtoxm, and then disagrees with other arguments brought up. If this is so, then it could be likely that my possible scenario A is in play, though vice versa with xtoxm as scum and trying to link himself with a pro-town player in hopes of looking more town.
Ignore the alignment statements in this quote, and I don't see how anyone case this is not the case be she town/scum, me town/scum.
I don't understand what you are saying here.
Xtoxm wrote:
At the moment, I must admit that I am still rather ignorant as to the possible connections between BG, xtoxm, and gobo/reborn, and this is the reason that gobo/reborn was not added into the situations. I will be doing a reread in just a moment, and will then give my opinions of the thoughts/observations posted by others on this topic. As I said before, the scenarios listed above are mere speculation, but from what I have seen of preceding posts, the evidence against BG is logical and substantial.

Because of this, I will vote: BG
What? You say you don't see any connections, but then vote for BG over the crap logic case? Please, if you are town, think about where you place your vote...
No; that is not what I said. I claimed that I, at the moment, did not see a connect between you, BG, and gobo/reborn. I saw connections between you and BG, but I hadn't/still haven't seen anything that could throw gobo/reborn into the mix just yet.
Xtoxm wrote:
If any players disagree with my logic and/or observations, please let me know, for I tried to be as thorough in my reread as possible, but there is still a possibility that I missed something. I will repeat the fact that the scenarios listed above are mostly speculation, and as such may be flawed. As I said earlier in this paragraph, if you do indeed believe that the possibilities are flawed, let me know.
Hi. But I guess you didn't really want me to respond to this anyway.
If I didn't want someone to respond to it, then I wouldn't have posted it. :D

My shall stay where it is for now, for even though the lover claim makes sense in regards to the connection, this point:
me wrote: I find your actions that have been brought to the surface by others to indeed be a plausible link between you and the already suspicious (imo) xtoxm. Not only this, but I feel that when others brought up the subject, you reacted in a way that appeared frantic, which makes me feel that you have something to hide.

My example:
babygirl86 wrote:ok I dont think xtoxm is scum! how many times do I have to say it? I have seen many games where town people do stupid things- I think that's what he is doing. I don't like what he's done- I dont agree with it- but I don't think he's scum. As for LF, I was the first to vote for him- how is that hopping on a bandwagon? and as for dalt why is it wrong to vote for someone who is being bandwagoned when you agree that their behavior is scummy?
makes me still feel that my argument above holds some weight. The fact that BG decided to claim lover with you when only three votes (I think it was three votes) were on her only assists in supporting my reasoning for finding her suspicious on the premiss of her actions being erratic/frantic at times. This factor still makes me feel that BG is hiding something, other than the now-revealed lover situation she had been concealing. It is possible for you to both be town, but it is also possible for one of you to be scum and the other town, as well as both scum, so I am at a loss right now. I feel that my earlier suspicions of you have waned to a certain degree, but I feel your lover partner to still be suspicious.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by reborn537 »

I like the post, and clearly some good thoughts here.

But whatever happens, we aren't lynching claimed lovers on Day 1. More likely we'll find out on Day 2 whether they're telling the truth one way or they other.

I find mafia siblings pretty unlikely in a game of this size, but, I admit, plausible.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by farside22 »

Save The Dragons is replacing Crub. I'm running a bit late right now. I will have a post count for you guys tomorrow. Thanks.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Posting content soon. Stay tuned!
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:45 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Welcome to Spooner St.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:44 pm

Post by RestFermata »

I'm back. But where is the Inspector? I want to hear from him.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:35 pm

Post by Inspector Godot »

Welcome Save the Dragons

Sorry, I was busy most of the weekend. Anywho, LF naming me as a lynch candidate seems a bit random but whatever. I've never played a game with lovers but it would strike me as very odd having two scum lovers. If that were so, I think we'd have more scum then average in this game. I could see one of the lovers being scum, but at the moment I'm pretty sure xtoxm is town and I wouldn't advise lynching BG. At the moment my top suspects are EK for reasons posted before and LF for being overzealous (although with his restriction I can see why).
Wins/Losses
Town: 0/1
Scum: 0/0
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:03 am

FOS: kloud, dalt, thinktank, xtoxm, kmd, ghostwriter, restfermata, crub, babygirl, Inspector Godot

FOS: Llamafluff

FOS: Goborage

FOS: Farside22

For 1:
LlamaFluff wrote:
vote goborage
for even thinking about character claiming

Of course given a restriction of mine I doubt that vote will be of much use.
I have a problem with every single person deciding that it's more important to random vote than to at least acknowledge this discussion if not for Goborage's lines than for LlamaFluff's announcement of his posting restriction. Nobody said in their first post anything about either. You don't have to random vote...

For 2:
You announce that character claiming is bad, but you pretty much roleclaim in your first two posts? However, your claim (apparently that your vote doesn't count) is easily testable, and I think we should have you attempt to hammer whoever we want to lynch. You get the least FOSiest FOS of everyone, because I guess your play is legit.

For 3:
I guess you are joking, but even so, I was confused the second LlamaFluff started accusing you of character claiming, and you didn't really refute this at first. But I guess you're not playing anymore, so w/e.

For 4:
For Rule 10.

There, now that I've FOS'ed everyone, let's continue.
Feel free not to answer the above, it's already been talked about too much.

Everyone

LlamaFluff wrote:apart from the name claim thing, his willingness to put me under suspicion for just having a vote restiction is scummy to me.
I don't see any reason why the mafia could not have a player with a voting restriction.

I seem to be able to find LlamaFluff's vote in the first two vote counts. Is there any reason why people were suggesting that his vote would not show up on vote counts (i.e. did I miss something?)

LlamaFluff

LlamaFluff wrote: Question to you though - If you had my role would you be asking for people to lynch you if it got outed?
I think any doctor is worth more than any townie. I think any townie with a vote is worth more than any townie without a vote. If you go based on these standards, if I had no idea which person to lynch and had no more time to think about it, I'd probably pick you, instead of random. If the tables were turned, I would not self vote (in this case, it clearly doesn't do anything). I would, however, advocate my lynch over the lynch of someone who had the potential to be a doc or a cop.

After much deliberation, I have determined that your role screws us over pretty much equally whether we lynch you now or whether you prevent us from being able to sucessfully lynch the scum later on in the game (Thanks, mod). Why Xtoxm would be advocating your lynch over scumhunting is beyond me. However, I am not opposed to thinking about pulling the trigger if we're caught with our pants down and nowhere close to a lynch, and neither should you.
LlamaFluff wrote: I think that if we had a massclaim (I am NOT suggesting one) I could point you to an episode that each character could be considered scum from their actions. However some characters would be more considered to be town and others scum. When everyone is known scum can start manipulating cases into partial attacks on who the character is.

So yes I got aggressive when gobo made two refrences to the same character in the way he did. Having people start claiming, even jokingly is a horrible thing as it opens the doors to speculation. I was not attempting to instigate a role claim with my actions but to shut down anyone from following suit.
Do you think this makes him scum?

Xtoxm

I am seriously pretending everything you say is in the voice of Hitsugaia. However, it's been a long time since I've seen Bleach, so I have no idea if that's his name or not, or even how to spell it. It's also hard, because I watched in Japanese, and your posts are in English.

Xtoxm is suspicious for suggesting to lynch LlamaFluff on page 3ish or whatever as opposed to later, though. While I find his ideas to be correct, his timing is suspect.
Xtoxm wrote: This is why I asked Gobo not to answer that, you have just catorgorically said he wasn't roleclaiming, thus meaning you are not Cleveland.
No. I think reborn was very careful about not stating whether or not his role is Cleveland.

If my role name was "dragon" and I said "Dragons rule!" am I role claiming?

His action was not a character-claim, but that doesn't mean that he wasn't saying something that could be misconstrued as roleclaiming.

KMD
Kmd4390 wrote:A vote restriction is (likely) not scum.
...why?
Kmd4390 wrote:What's this dalt bandwagon about? Is this really a bandwagon built over a bandwagon vote on xtoxm?
QFT. While I can see why dalt's vote looks a bit suspicious, I would not be surprised if it was something scum saw and decided to jump upon, with a little more tact than dalt jumping on xtoxm's wagon.
Kmd4390 wrote:I doubt that there would be voteless scum.
I doubt that we'll be traveling through space in the next 20 years. I doubt we'll lower our dependence on fossil fuels before we find a new energy source.

But it could happen.

I don't like confirming roles based on what that person says. Picture this: day one, every single person says they have this restriction, and eleven people vote for one person. How do you know which is the one with the restriction?

babygirl

babygirl86 wrote:I don't see anything overly scummy about ghostwriter at all. Dalt, however is still suspicious to me. Although it was only one day, he has indeed posted since he posted his vote here and left. That makes me wonder if he is avoiding explaining his vote.
unvote, vote dalt
I don't know if you can necesarily conclude that he's avoiding the thread, so this looks like it could be a bit eager to me. I'm also playing with the advanced knowledge that he got replaced.

thinktank

thinktank wrote: Assumptions are BAD.
Oh god you don't know how much I like you right now.

My only concern with you is that you seem to be solely responding to what others are saying. I would like to see some hard analysis from you, because I think you are making the most sense.

Inspector Godot

Inspector Godot wrote: I'm not sure if he's faking it or not. If he is then it rules him out of being Mafia in my book. I hadn't even thought of a SK being in this game. The fact that you added that whole SK spiel at the end of your post is duly noted.
In a game of lying and deceit, I'll take your word for it...

Are you accusing Elvis Knits of being a potential SK? What does "duly noted" exactly mean?

Please see RestFermata.

GhostWriter

GhostWriter wrote:(and I purposely avoided it last time, hoping it'd blow over)
o_O
GhostWriter wrote:To say that is like saying that you feel gobo was a bad enough player to come right out and sneak a claim in, not only at the start of the game, but PREgame.
As much as I'm not a huge fan of breadcrumbing as it is a metagame tactic, I do not find it to be poor play.

RestFermata

RestFermata posts a lot about the Cleavland claim issue, and at this time I don't see her actively trying to do anything other than wait for goborage to speak again. With this specific game, scum will most likely be trying to run down the clock, and this makes her appear to be participating when she is actually not posting much actual content.

I don't like how she waits until post 190, when goborage has been replaced, to bring up all the things she doesn't like about Xtoxm.
RestFermata wrote:I was just thinking earlier today when I was having a snack that BG looked suspicious, but I hadn't noticed the fact that she had avoided the xtoxm wagon until I read you guys' post. Good snooping. It does appear she had a tendency to lightly waltz around accusing him, being very soft on him in general, always preferring to keep the limelight on other players. I also don't like her complete 180. While I too changed my mind, I did it because new information came to light that I hadn't realized before. She seemed to do it for absolutely no reason, or perhaps just because she doesn't want to be alone in her accusation!

I'd be OK with either an xtoxm or BG wagon, as well. If we lynch one and he/she turns out scum, it'll shed more light on the other.
This post is a bandwagon jump of a different kind. Instead of voting for a person, RF quickly agrees with
and congradulates a few members of the town.
Inspector Godot wrote:Good job spotting that BG/Xtoxm connection. It does seem very suspicious. When I have time to do a reread (probably tomorrow) I'll look into it some more.
IG does it too.

I can definately see this action as eager to be helpful without being helpful. Both IG and RF are players that I have not seen go out of their way to hunt scum, or even for that matter, post much in the way of new content.

reborn

reborn537 wrote:Goborage WASN'T character-claiming!! I know what you're trying to do, what you're trying to make me say, so stop fishing right now!!
Fishing?
reborn537 wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:I tend to vote a lot in the early game, seriously go meta. Its a fairly logical path too but that doesnt seem something you are concerned about pointing out here.
This basically amounts to "I always act scummy in early game, seriously, go meta."
You can't just say something's a scumtell.

1. I think scum try to avoid scumtells.
2. I think town try to avoid scumtells.
3. I think people play how they're gonna play.
4. I don't see how you can accuse an action as being a scumtell without clearly explaining why, in this case, it is a scumtell. Scumtells must be one time only things, because if you think about it, anything that is a scum tell instanly becomes not a scumtell, since scum will avoid it.

The only legitimate scumtell that transcends games is truthfully claiming scum. Everything else is playstyle.

I'm also going to say that if his vote truly doesn't count, then it really doesn't matter where he puts it, and that alone gives him more than enough grounds to vote every single person in every single post if he felt like it (and was telling the truth).

Farside

farside22 wrote:

Auctioner: She had nine STDs.
Represent.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:09 am

If I didn't mention you, I don't really have any questions for you at the moment, nor do I think you're particularly scummy.

Anyone I did mention I've got my eye on at least (thinktank, kmd) to flat out suspicion (RF, IG, reborn, and BG/Xtoxm pre-claim).

I'm going to
Unvote, Vote Reborn
for now. I have my reservations about RF and IG, and I'm still not too keen on the lovers claim (as in, I believe it, but I don't think they're in the clear).

I may have some no-access on Wed. but I don't expect it to last more than 24 hours.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:38 am

Post by reborn537 »

Save the Dragons wrote:
reborn

reborn537 wrote:Goborage WASN'T character-claiming!! I know what you're trying to do, what you're trying to make me say, so stop fishing right now!!
Fishing?
Yes. The reason I have been so careful about claiming Cleveland or not is because I believe LF is TRYING to ascertain whether I am Cleveland or not (despite his rigorous statements to the contrary), and as previously stated a character claim only helps the scum. Whether LF is scum or not, the real scum would definitely want me to claim, which is why I've been so careful.
reborn537 wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote:I tend to vote a lot in the early game, seriously go meta. Its a fairly logical path too but that doesnt seem something you are concerned about pointing out here.
This basically amounts to "I always act scummy in early game, seriously, go meta."
You can't just say something's a scumtell.
Yes, you can. Go check the wiki

WIFOM

Doesn't mean they always do, as with scum

Doesn't mean it's the right thing to do

4. I don't see how you can accuse an action as being a scumtell without clearly explaining why, in this case, it is a scumtell. Scumtells must be one time only things, because if you think about it, anything that is a scum tell instanly becomes not a scumtell, since scum will avoid it.
WIFOM Also you underestimate the amount of slips people tend to make. Like the amount of WIFOM reasoning you're using now to protect LF

The only legitimate scumtell that transcends games is truthfully claiming scum. Everything else is playstyle.
So the lynch is randomly determined every day then, with no other contributing factors?

I'm also going to say that if his vote truly doesn't count, then it really doesn't matter where he puts it, and that alone gives him more than enough grounds to vote every single person in every single post if he felt like it (and was telling the truth).
No. Even though his vote doesn't count, it still holds sway with the town. Because he has everyones attention, he has to be careful where he puts his vote. With great power comes great responsibility.
My answers are in bold. There doesn't seem to be a case here, just an attack on my suspicions of LF followed by a vote on me. I'm looking at you as scum partners now
FoS StD
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:40 am

Post by reborn537 »

EBWOP - my typo probably made things unclear at the end.

My answers are in bold. There doesn't seem to be a case here, just an attack on my suspicions of LF followed by a vote on me. I'm looking at you as scum partners now
FoS StD
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:44 am

Post by farside22 »

Peter (In Asiatown): Oh my God it's Jackie Chan! (Asian guy walks away)
Peter (to next Asian guy): Oh my God it's Jackie Chan! (Asian guy again walks away)
Peter (to another Asian guy): Oh my God it's Jackie Chan!
Jackie Chan: Great to see I have a fan! Oh my God it's Ethan Hawk!
Peter: No I'm not.
Jackie Chan to Chris: Oh my God it's Ethan Hawk!
Chris: Nope.
Jackie Chan to Meg: Oh my God it's Malcom in Middle!
Meg: Im not a boy!
Jackie Chan: Yes you are.

vote count:

kmd4390 1 vote: (xtoxm)
Elvis_Knits 1 vote: (Inspector Godot)
reborn537 2 votes: (LlamaFluff, Save the Dragons)
LlamaFluff 2 votes: (babygirl, reborn537)
babygirl86 2 votes: (GhostWriter, kloud1516, )

Not voting:

Elvis_Knits
kmd4390

With 12 people it take 7 votes for lynch
Day 1 ends August 25th, 4:00pm PST

Blame rule 10 on K7. That is all.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:43 am

Post by RestFermata »

What can I say in response to being downright suspicious? I was so sure goborage had claimed. I believe I was the first person to try to reevaluate goborage when everybody else had their sights on xtoxm. Maybe my suspicions of a name claim were misplaced, but I was still actively suspicious of him, not just bandwagoning. As for bandwagon jumping, I could no longer believe that goborage had claimed after I realized what his "coincidence" post was about. As I said many times before, I did not understand that "You're what the Spaniards call El Terrible" was another Cleveland quote, so I didn't understand what "#2 being Cleveland was just a coincidence" could possibly mean other than goborage was Cleveland. So I don't think it was that crazy for me to bandwagon jump.

And yeah, you're right, I'm not a very good scumhunter. But I am trying. And maybe that makes me look like I'm posting a whole lot of nothing, trying to appear helpful when I'm not, but I don't think that's an excuse to just sit back and plain old not even try to be helpful.

I'm going to have to do a major reread now. I'll be back with my major suspicion of the day and a detailed analysis of why. No, no, I can't just leave you hanging like this. It's IG. I shall return.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:17 am

Post by elvis_knits »

reborn537 wrote:EBWOP - my typo probably made things unclear at the end.

FoS StD
OMGUS much?
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:23 am

Post by reborn537 »

elvis - you'd be right if he'd given a case and then voted for me and then I'd voted for him.

BUT he didn't. He just dismissed my argument with poor points and then voted for me without cause. That is without question scummy, surely? And furthermore I only did FoS.
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:11 am

Post by RestFermata »

I believe the Inspector is dirty. He's stayed under my radar for too long. When I examine his (far from numerous, far from high-content) posts, many of them strike me wrong.
Does Family Guy even have villains? The Chicken is the only one that comes to mind. The whole coming out and telling us of a vote restriction seems suspicious to me. I want more info. Does it count and just not show up on the board? Because a voteless player would be useless unless they were a power role or scum.
More info? Bringing up the possibility of Llama being a power role? Fishing, anyone? Perhaps he's scum speculating whether or not Llama might be a worthwhile NK after all. But wait...there's more.
The only concern I have with Llama's role at the moment is that it could be a very good way of getting the mafia to avoid night killing you. After all, if it benefits them in LYLO then why would they kill you when they could kill someone else and possibly get lucky?
What does this even mean? If Llama is town and his claim is true, this really doesn't mean anything at all! If IG thinks Llama is scum, why not just say that? And as for "it could be a very good way of getting the mafia to avoid NKing you," I don't like the sound of that at all. If IG is town, he's practically giving advice to scum. Even if he thinks it's obvious advice, why do it? First he seemed to be toying with the idea that Llama could be a power role. Now he's speculating about the best NK. Pro-town? I think not.
If he's a power role I wouldn't dislike it. But if he's an ordinary vanilla townie, then it just seems like a waste. I'd rather have a townie NK'd then a power role.
Ah, the "maybe Llama is a power role" suggestion rears its ugly head once again. Methinks IG shouldn't say everything that comes to his head.

Unless he's scum. In which case he should keep talking, and keep making it more and more obvious.

vote Inspector Godot
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:30 am

reborn537 wrote:
Yes. The reason I have been so careful about claiming Cleveland or not is because I believe LF is TRYING to ascertain whether I am Cleveland or not (despite his rigorous statements to the contrary), and as previously stated a character claim only helps the scum. Whether LF is scum or not, the real scum would definitely want me to claim, which is why I've been so careful.
I think a lot of people have come to the consensus that this is a null tell and whether or not you are Cleveland doesn't really matter.

But I'd like to point out that not only am I fallible, but I also did most of my read from 2:00 am to 5:00 am in the morning, and may not have been fully awake.
The Wiki wrote:As Mafia players grow in experience, they will typically expand their knowledge of what constitutes scumtell.
If you want to follow the Wiki 100%, then you should check my join date and tell us which one of us would know more about scum tells.
The Wiki wrote:A type of voting which can be a scum tell; when a player votes and then unvotes a particular player repeatedly during a Day, or switches their votes to several different players over the course of the Day, it may be because they are scum trying to find a good place to land their vote on an ProTown player without attracting too much suspicion.

On the other hand, it is hard to use this tell reliably, as some players simply move their vote around a lot, no matter what their Alignment or Role.
Oh. I guess the wiki's on my side. One down...
STD and Reborn wrote: 1. I think scum try to avoid scumtells.
WIFOM

Not quite. See below.
STD and Reborn wrote:3. I think people play how they're gonna play.
Doesn't mean you should policy lynch players who give scum tells.
STD and Reborn wrote:4. I don't see how you can accuse an action as being a scumtell without clearly explaining why, in this case, it is a scumtell. Scumtells must be one time only things, because if you think about it, anything that is a scum tell instanly becomes not a scumtell, since scum will avoid it.
WIFOM Also you underestimate the amount of slips people tend to make. Like the amount of WIFOM reasoning you're using now to protect LF
First of all, I'm not protecting LF, and if you think I am, please point out where I am so I can either be corrected or prove you wrong.

Second of all, no, this is not WIFOM. Yes, it's metagaming, but it's not WIFOM. I'm not saying that scum would do this because they're trying to look like town and be like, "why would I do this as scum?"

I'm saying it because it's bloody obvious that if someone where scum, they're not going to do the things that act like it. Notice I'm not going to say they're acting like town. Now that would be a WIFOM,
if it were contained in an argument by a scum describing how said scum is being protown.
Go give that wiki another look through.
STD and Reborn wrote:The only legitimate scumtell that transcends games is truthfully claiming scum. Everything else is playstyle.
So the lynch is randomly determined every day then, with no other contributing factors?
Selective reading? That explains why the wiki doesn't agree with you

No. You see, some scumtells don't transcend games. They're relevant to the game at hand, and they represent things that shouldn't occur in the game. Not every wishywashy player, not every awkward post, not every lurker, and not every misuse of logic makes the person scum. It's up to the players to figure out in the game which of the "scumtells" are legit and which are not. I don't think you've done that.

You, my friend, have decided that wishy-washyness is a scumtell, and have decided that every single situation is appropriate for wishy-washyness to be a scumtell. You have not decided to actually think for yourself and ask yourself if this is appropriate to our situation at hand. THIS IS WRONG. You cannot just say that something is a scum tell and expect it to be a scum tell in every single game.

So you've decided to go on a smear campaign and attack LF because you think you've caught a scumtell. That is incredibly scummy. You've decided that you're going to ignore logic and reasoning and not look at what LF's votes actually mean (I mean, you posted them, but I don't think you really, truly looked at them, nor did you seem to care after LF explained them).
STD and reborn wrote:I'm also going to say that if his vote truly doesn't count, then it really doesn't matter where he puts it, and that alone gives him more than enough grounds to vote every single person in every single post if he felt like it (and was telling the truth).
No. Even though his vote doesn't count, it still holds sway with the town. Because he has everyones attention, he has to be careful where he puts his vote. With great power comes great responsibility.
At this point, I'm just actually saying that if I did:

Unvote Vote: RestFermata

Unvote Vote: Llama Fluff

Unvote Vote: Babygirl

Unvote Vote: Reborn

Then I'm doing a lot more harm than he is.

I'm also saying that the wishy washy "scumtell" that you oh so love doesn't really apply in this situation, because his vote doesn't count (allegedly), so I don't see why he's being scummy, when he could accomplish the same thing if he said:

Unpizza, Pizza: Kmd

Unpizza, Pizza: Kloud
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 am

reborn537 wrote:elvis - you'd be right if he'd given a case and then voted for me and then I'd voted for him.

BUT he didn't. He just dismissed my argument with poor points and then voted for me without cause. That is without question scummy, surely? And furthermore I only did FoS.

You can't learn mafia from a textbook.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

All I can think of is that in a game like this, experienced scum will often lurk because so many other players are doing it so they can get away with it.

We are barely getting any information from this.
Save The Dragons wrote:You can't just say something's a scumtell.

Entirely WIFOM. Scum excuse scum tells by calling them too obvious and saying scum would never do such a thing.
elvis_knits wrote:
reborn537 wrote:EBWOP - my typo probably made things unclear at the end.

FoS StD
OMGUS much?
trying to look active much?

Still catching up.
Be back later.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:46 am

Post by Inspector Godot »

RestFermata wrote:More info? Bringing up the possibility of Llama being a power role? Fishing, anyone? Perhaps he's scum speculating whether or not Llama might be a worthwhile NK after all. But wait...there's more.
I'm sure a scum would speculate who they're going to kill early in-game IN THE GAME THREAD.
RestFermata wrote:
The only concern I have with Llama's role at the moment is that it could be a very good way of getting the mafia to avoid night killing you. After all, if it benefits them in LYLO then why would they kill you when they could kill someone else and possibly get lucky?
What does this even mean? If Llama is town and his claim is true, this really doesn't mean anything at all! If IG thinks Llama is scum, why not just say that? And as for "it could be a very good way of getting the mafia to avoid NKing you," I don't like the sound of that at all. If IG is town, he's practically giving advice to scum. Even if he thinks it's obvious advice, why do it? First he seemed to be toying with the idea that Llama could be a power role. Now he's speculating about the best NK. Pro-town? I think not.
The best NK? I can see how you can read my post that way, but it's unintentional. And I flip flop on the idea of Llama being scum. Sometimes he posts something that makes me think he's town and then he'll post something which changes my mind.
RestFermata wrote:
If he's a power role I wouldn't dislike it. But if he's an ordinary vanilla townie, then it just seems like a waste. I'd rather have a townie NK'd then a power role.
Ah, the "maybe Llama is a power role" suggestion rears its ugly head once again. Methinks IG shouldn't say everything that comes to his head.
Methinks IG should. At least for today. And if you're checking under your radar, could you look for thinktank under there?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:12 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

STD wrote: Second of all, no, this is not WIFOM. Yes, it's metagaming, but it's not WIFOM. I'm not saying that scum would do this because they're trying to look like town and be like, "why would I do this as scum?"
But scum do things that are seen as obvious scumtells and they DO say "why would I do that as scum?"
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:20 am

Post by RestFermata »

Maybe you weren't speculating who to NK as scum IN THE GAME THREAD. But you're all but making suggestions to the scum if you're not. How is either one of those things a good idea?
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:24 am

Post by reborn537 »

Save The Dragons wrote:
reborn537 wrote:
I think a lot of people have come to the consensus that this is a null tell and whether or not you are Cleveland doesn't really matter.

But I'd like to point out that not only am I fallible, but I also did most of my read from 2:00 am to 5:00 am in the morning, and may not have been fully awake.
Doesn't excuse the fact that you're STILL voting for me, and STILL haven't presented a case on me.

The Wiki wrote:As Mafia players grow in experience, they will typically expand their knowledge of what constitutes scumtell.
If you want to follow the Wiki 100%, then you should check my join date and tell us which one of us would know more about scum tells.
Yeah, I'm really intimidated by the fact that you have been on the forums for 4 years and still appear to have learned nothing. Also, I'm pretty sure I've played more mafia than you.

The Wiki wrote:A type of voting which can be a scum tell; when a player votes and then unvotes a particular player repeatedly during a Day, or switches their votes to several different players over the course of the Day, it may be because they are scum trying to find a good place to land their vote on an ProTown player without attracting too much suspicion.

On the other hand, it is hard to use this tell reliably, as some players simply move their vote around a lot, no matter what their Alignment or Role.
Oh. I guess the wiki's on my side. One down...
Oh, right, I see what you've done. You've read my argument on LF, decided that it hinges on the "wishy-washiness" and then tried to convince everyone else that it does. Still no case on me.

STD and Reborn wrote: 1. I think scum try to avoid scumtells.
WIFOM

Not quite. See below.
STD and Reborn wrote:3. I think people play how they're gonna play.
Doesn't mean you should policy lynch players who give scum tells.
Oh, I see, so now we're not lynching people who are scummy? No, I agree, maybe not always, as there could be a better candidate. In this instance, I believe LF is the best candidate for the lnych. Hence why my vote is squarely on him!!

STD and Reborn wrote:4. I don't see how you can accuse an action as being a scumtell without clearly explaining why, in this case, it is a scumtell. Scumtells must be one time only things, because if you think about it, anything that is a scum tell instanly becomes not a scumtell, since scum will avoid it.
First of all, I'm not protecting LF, and if you think I am, please point out where I am so I can either be corrected or prove you wrong.
Well, here's the thing. Your large posts directed towards me have focussed on on poking holes in my argument on LF, without actually presenting a case on me. Which would be fine, except that you're voting for me.

Second of all, no, this is not WIFOM. Yes, it's metagaming, but it's not WIFOM. I'm not saying that scum would do this because they're trying to look like town and be like, "why would I do this as scum?"

I'm saying it because it's bloody obvious that if someone where scum, they're not going to do the things that act like it. Notice I'm not going to say they're acting like town. Now that would be a WIFOM,
if it were contained in an argument by a scum describing how said scum is being protown.
Go give that wiki another look through.
That's as maybe, but you're using arguments which lead to WIFOM, which is just as bad. Not all scum are superhuman. Scum won't always get everything right. Sometimes they take a chance, do something risky, and it all goes wrong. If the scum NEVER made slips or dropped scumtells then the game would be pretty difficult for the town.

STD and Reborn wrote:The only legitimate scumtell that transcends games is truthfully claiming scum. Everything else is playstyle.
Selective reading? That explains why the wiki doesn't agree with you
If we're bandying around wiki catch phrases then maybe I should mention that you've tunnel-visioned on me.

No. You see, some scumtells don't transcend games. They're relevant to the game at hand, and they represent things that shouldn't occur in the game. Not every wishywashy player, not every awkward post, not every lurker, and not every misuse of logic makes the person scum. It's up to the players to figure out in the game which of the "scumtells" are legit and which are not. I don't think you've done that.
I disagree. I made a very considered read and re-read before I presented my argument on LF. I thought very carefully about whether I was going to go for dalt or LF, my two top candidates, and I decided that there was definitely much more on LF that made him scummy

You, my friend, have decided that wishy-washyness is a scumtell, and have decided that every single situation is appropriate for wishy-washyness to be a scumtell. You have not decided to actually think for yourself and ask yourself if this is appropriate to our situation at hand. THIS IS WRONG. You cannot just say that something is a scum tell and expect it to be a scum tell in every single game.
You need to go and re-read my argument, and realise that it wasn't just one line "LOL LF = wishy-washy LET'S VOTE LOL"

So you've decided to go on a smear campaign and attack LF because you think you've caught a scumtell. That is incredibly scummy. You've decided that you're going to ignore logic and reasoning and not look at what LF's votes actually mean (I mean, you posted them, but I don't think you really, truly looked at them, nor did you seem to care after LF explained them).
STD and reborn wrote:I'm also going to say that if his vote truly doesn't count, then it really doesn't matter where he puts it, and that alone gives him more than enough grounds to vote every single person in every single post if he felt like it (and was telling the truth).
At this point, I'm just actually saying that if I did:

Unvote Vote: RestFermata

Unvote Vote: Llama Fluff

Unvote Vote: Babygirl

Unvote Vote: Reborn

Then I'm doing a lot more harm than he is.
OK, but you're wrong. You've just one absolutely nothing. And in the case that you reassigned your vote for real, it may be worse, but only in a technical sense. And that still doesn't make LF right or correct, just because what he did is less bad than something you're hypothetically suggesting.

I'm also saying that the wishy washy "scumtell" that you oh so love doesn't really apply in this situation, because his vote doesn't count (allegedly), so I don't see why he's being scummy, when he could accomplish the same thing if he said:
To be honest, I don't think it's me who loves the scumtell, I think it's you! You've zeroed in on it like a sniper onto a friendly soldier. Just because he can't vote, it doesn't mean he can't make arguments, and so, especially on day 1, he can still control the voting. When someone votes (yes, even if it doesn't count), people want to know why, and if they should follow his vote. On Day 1, it's basically irrelevent whether he can vote or not. I'm pretty sure the town is just going to decide on someone to lynch at some point, I don't believe it'll be a split camp.

Unpizza, Pizza: Kmd

Unpizza, Pizza: Kloud
Right. my stuff is in bold again.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”