Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:13 am

Post by Adel »

I'm leaning towards Scruffs and Anix being town.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:13 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Anix isn't playing. I take it you meant armix?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:15 am

Post by Adel »

yes.
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:52 pm

Post by Nameless »

forbiddanlight wrote:
Give me a good reason why exactly I should be claiming that and I will. You and Shy Guy have failed to do so thus far.
Because everyone else has.
That's actually a pretty bad answer compared (obv. thus everyone already knows anyway, and see also: if everyone jumped off a bridge etc.) compared to better ones available but I'd imagine somebody probably feels like strangling Cyberbob regardless right now.
forbiddanlight wrote:
Cyberbob wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:Your arguments feel like a strawman.
I don't think a strawman is what you think it is.
Well, actually I do. You are ascribing a position to Shy Guy, that he found Firestarter scummy enough to try to trip you up, that I don't feel he really intended. And you are arguing against this. Thusly, it's a strawman.
I think it's pretty obvious that Shy Guy 'intended' to trip up Cyberbob if he were scum, but still knew that it was unlikely to directly work. Also, how is 'attempting to trip up the replacement for somebody you found scummy' a bad thing to be attributing to someone anyway?

And ... 865, Shy Guy is reaching again.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

That's actually a pretty bad answer compared (obv. thus everyone already knows anyway, and see also: if everyone jumped off a bridge etc.) compared to better ones available but I'd imagine somebody probably feels like strangling Cyberbob regardless right now.
It was the most expedient one and the first one to come to mind. Could also shed some light on some things

I think it's pretty obvious that Shy Guy 'intended' to trip up Cyberbob if he were scum, but still knew that it was unlikely to directly work. Also, how is 'attempting to trip up the replacement for somebody you found scummy' a bad thing to be attributing to someone anyway?
It's not bad per se, but it's still a strawman because it's narrowing the field of possibilities to something you feel you can answer, even if it wasn't the original concern.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by Adel »

here is a nice global question: who has been holding thier cards close to their chest?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

here is a nice global question: who has been holding thier cards close to their chest?
Like, in context of ourselves, or who we think has been doing so?
-StrangerCoug

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by Adel »

eh, I was glancing through nameless's recent posts, and noted that he hasn't been saying much. Who else isn't scumhunting?
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Goon
Shy Guy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by Shy Guy »

Cyberbob wrote:
Shy Guy wrote:I'm actually fairly pleased with the result. I'd have expected a townie to claim who his lover was, and you didn't.
A
stupid
townie, perhaps. Why do you want a claim so badly? Has Firestarter's play really been so bad (I'm up to page 20 so far in my reading)?
Hm. You've read up to page 20, so you know who your predecessor claimed was his partner. Yet you say it would be stupid for a townie to claim. Why?
Cyberbob wrote:
Shy Guy wrote:Instead you were quick to point out exactly how the scum roles work, and to criticize me for trying to get hypothetical you-scum to slip up. Why is trying to get scum to slip up ever a "really, really poor effort" no matter how low the percentage of success is?
I'm criticising you because the attempt was really rather clumsy, not because of the play itself.
k
Cyberbob wrote:
Shy Guy wrote:Does it annoy you that I tried to get hypothetical you-scum to slip up?
No, though I find it a little disconcerting that Firestarter was obviously playing such that you think I stood a good enough chance of being scum that you would a) see if you could get me to slip up and b) immediately lay on all this pressure. There isn't a lot I can do to defend myself, not without being able to see into Firestarter's mind and tell you why he did the things he obviously did.
Hm. I wasn't really piqued by FireStarter himself at all, really. I just decided to pressure you and see what would happen. Why do you assume I was suspicious of him?

...You do seem to be straw-man-ing me. I've never said you were suspicious, yet you defend yourself from me thinking you are suspicious.
Nameless wrote:And ... 865, Shy Guy is reaching again.
Shy Guy wrote:
Cyberbob wrote:
Shy Guy wrote:Welcome to the game Cyberbob... Can you confirm which
three
players are your lovers? We are trying to decide which lover group is the most suspicious.
That was a really, really poor effort. How can I claim three partners when the only people who could possibly do that are scum? :roll:
I'm actually fairly pleased with the result. I'd have expected a townie to claim who his lover was, and you didn't.

Instead you were quick to point out exactly how the scum roles work, and to criticize me for trying to get hypothetical you-scum to slip up. Why is trying to get scum to slip up ever a "really, really poor effort" no matter how low the percentage of success is?

Is it in your opinion better to not try to get the scum to slip up when there is ZERO risk of backfire and getting a townie to slip up? Or is trying to take a long shot to catch scum "really, really poor" play? Does it annoy you that I tried to get hypothetical you-scum to slip up?
Harvey Pew wrote:
Cyberbob wrote:That was a really, really poor effort.
I think Shy Guy is playing in rather too many games....
What makes you say this? What is your motivation in saying this? What justification do you have for saying this, if you have any at all?
I make exactly three statements in this post that I can see. Which of them is reaching, and why? You say I am reaching again... when was I reaching before? Why do you say this?

I'm fairly certain that the scum are Adel-armlx or Nameless-Zeel.

I have no freakin idea how to decide which right now, though I am leaning back towards Adel because after first move clear Shy Guy, second move is start to clear armlx, third move lynch someone other than armlx-Adel, who I came in thinking was the most probable pair. It is unsettling from my perspective, I think that Spryex and Adel have consistently pushed for lynches of anyone but Adel & armlx, and aside from Skruffs's attack on Adel, the pattern appears to be the same from the other side..

It seems I will never get the time to re-read, so I will just put it out there: my initial impression on Spryex vs. Zeel was that Spryex hedged a lot about Zeel and when Zeel started attacking Spryex Spryex OMGUS'd Zeel. Zeel's posts seem pretty reasonable, but the one thing that leaves doubt in my mind is how he explained he "felt comfortable" or something about coming out after I started attacking Adel. Spryex, it seems awfully like your suspicions of Zeel came right after he attacked you because he attacked you... You say it is the manner in which he did so but... hard to trust for me.

I'd stake money that it is armlx-adel or nameless-zeel... decisions decisions...
I won't say much.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by Adel »

do you want to test if I will blink?

unvote, vote:Skruffs

I'm tired of waiting for that big post.
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Goon
Shy Guy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by Shy Guy »

Adel wrote:do you want to test if I will blink?

unvote, vote:Skruffs

I'm tired of waiting for that big post.
This seems like it directly contradicts your last thought that Skruffs and armlx were leaning town, and also seems like you did it immediately when you read my post because I pointed out that you have a trend of buddy buddy with Skruffs.
I won't say much.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by Adel »

it does directly contradict my last post about them, but fuck it, if they are town their lack of participation is killing us, and if me refusing to lynch them prevents you and FL from colaberating with SpreX and I, then we aren't going to get the lynch I would prefer.
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

Shy Guy wrote:Hm. You've read up to page 20, so you know who your predecessor claimed was his partner. Yet you say it would be stupid for a townie to claim. Why?
Because there's no reason to. As you say, you already know who my partner is - why do you ask me to claim again?
Shy Guy wrote:Hm. I wasn't really piqued by FireStarter himself at all, really. I just decided to pressure you and see what would happen. Why do you assume I was suspicious of him?

...You do seem to be straw-man-ing me. I've never said you were suspicious, yet you defend yourself from me thinking you are suspicious.
I'm sorry if I got your intentions wrong, but you really did look as though you thought I might be scum - I've never encountered pressure just for the sake of pressure outside of Day 1 before.
Shy Guy wrote:I make exactly three statements in this post that I can see. Which of them is reaching, and why? You say I am reaching again... when was I reaching before? Why do you say this?
Well, for one I was operating under the misconception that you were pressuring me for a reason other than to just see what would happen. I found the leaps of logic you were making (mostly regarding your interpretations of the reasons behind my criticising your attempt to catch a jumpy Cyberscum out) to be rather fantastical.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:29 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Adel: could you please clarify exactly what you're looking for? In 645 you're asking for the names of two couples, but later it becomes two players. Is it two players from different couples? Do you want four people that I could see being scum together, or two pairs who may not be linked to each other but that I find suspicious in their own right?

In other news, this re-read is crushing my soul. I'm part way through day 2 and I'm thinking that Chelseafan/chenhsi are looking like my best suspects. Chelsea's opening post on day 2 is particularly dodgy.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:42 pm

Post by Adel »

Erg0 wrote: Is it two players from different couples?
yes.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:45 pm

Post by Erg0 »

What about the second question?
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:00 pm

Post by Nameless »

Shy Guy wrote:I make exactly three statements in this post that I can see. Which of them is reaching, and why? You say I am reaching again... when was I reaching before? Why do you say this?
A sentence doesn't have to be a literal statement to say something, does it? Isn't it possible that questions themselves can carry implications (ie. be rhetorical) or a barrage of such hoping for some telling answer also count as reaching? Do you believe that responding to (eg.) a simple observation of Harvey Pew's was really worth an interrogation over any more than one request for clarification? Do you remember post 658? Would you believe that I know you are mafia and hope to persuade the others of this fact?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:25 am

Post by armlx »

I'm actually fairly pleased with the result. I'd have expected a townie to claim who his lover was, and you didn't.
WOWIE. Stretch much? I'd expect anyone to go "OMG LOL U SAID 3 I IZ NOT DUMB" like Cyber did.

Cyber's lack of "X is my partner" is irritating however.

Skruffs needs to post that big post.

I don't like how Shy Guy tries to make his last scum group analysis look relevant but its really "Of A, B, C, and D, any of them could be scum".
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:35 am

Post by Adel »

Erg0 wrote:What about the second question?
individual scummyness I suppose, but you could give the award for "best group effort to appear scum" if you like,
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:12 am

Post by SpyreX »

It seems I will never get the time to re-read, so I will just put it out there: my initial impression on Spryex vs. Zeel was that Spryex hedged a lot about Zeel and when Zeel started attacking Spryex Spryex OMGUS'd Zeel. Zeel's posts seem pretty reasonable, but the one thing that leaves doubt in my mind is how he explained he "felt comfortable" or something about coming out after I started attacking Adel. Spryex, it seems awfully like your suspicions of Zeel came right after he attacked you because he attacked you... You say it is the manner in which he did so but... hard to trust for me.

What did I hedge about Zeek? My thinking he was town then, due to the day 2 events, seeing a very scummy pattern in it?

If you really think all of that is an OMGUS case (especially considering I have provided about all the evidence I could) I am not sure what else I can say about it. Still, most of that was built off the hypothetical "They are scum, therefore" instead of looking at what happened in the game.

And, yes, it IS the manner of his methods Day 2 that caught my attention - timing is everything and being consistently there to "me too" while building flimsy cases to try and build steam does it.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Goon
Shy Guy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:00 am

Post by Shy Guy »

armlx, you say I am trying to "make it look" relevant. is it not relevant? why?

how the crap am I stretching, when you say that him not claiming is irritating you as well?

Computer troubles may hurt my posting in this and my other game.
I won't say much.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:02 pm

Post by armlx »

You make it look like you are coming to a conclusion, when your posts says "Of the other 8 players, any of them could be scum". Pairing them out means nothing.
how the crap am I stretching, when you say that him not claiming is irritating you as well?
Your attack was before the refusal to claim, only in response to the "Nice try brah".
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Goon
Shy Guy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:59 am

Post by Shy Guy »

armlx wrote:
You make it look like you are coming to a conclusion, when your posts says "Of the other 8 players, any of them could be scum". Pairing them out means nothing.
?? I did come to a conclusion. It is you and Adel, or the other four.
armlx wrote:
Your attack was before the refusal to claim, only in response to the "Nice try brah".
No... my
inquiry
came before his refusal. People keep assuming this was an attack... :?
I won't say much.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by armlx »

?? I did come to a conclusion. It is you and Adel, or the other four.
And what does that conclusion even mean? Absolutely nothing. You have not said anything that helps anyone figure out who is scum, just made arbitrary pairings amongst everyone that isn't you.
No... my inquiry came before his refusal. People keep assuming this was an attack...
No, your attack based on his response to your inquiry. His refusal came after that.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”