kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:44 am

Post by kloud1516 »

pwnz wrote:
VOTE Inspector Gobot

L-2
Singing Librarian wrote:pwnz - Given that the only time you've even mentioned Inspector Godot before was when you were trying to guess who everyone was, can you explain your reasons for that vote?
QFT. pwnz, this vote seems to come out of left field. In my opinion, you have been flying relatively low key for a while, and you now drop a vote that puts someone at L-2 without any reasoning. To me, this is awfully suspicious, as it looks like a player taking the opportunity to jump on the wagon with the greatest momentum, as you haven't stated any reasoning for suspecting Godot at all Day 2 (correct me if I am wrong). I too would like some kind of explanation about this vote.

Batmarang of Suspicion (FoS): pwnz

Inspector Godot wrote:
KingEnigma wrote:Nothing has really changed on my stance, I'm not sure what else to do, I do not feel the need to search needlessly when I have already found one scum memger.

heh heh memger, thats a funny word.
Terrible attitude to
add
have, and it will only look worse if I am lynched. Are you even considering the other possibilities?
Singing Librarian wrote:I'm also finding myself agreeing with Godot and Zoneace about KE and Grimmy - you're not able to post much, fine, but couldn't you post more helpfully?
KingEnigma wrote:EDIT!

I have looked at other people, nothing seems overtly scummy in their posts, I think Godot is the gest get, so thats is why I'm voting.

And I seriously need to know how to post more helpful information? I mean I posted my thoughts and feelings on who I thought was scum, I don't read anything into anygody else's play styles at the moment, so I am not going to just randomly throw out junk. So tell me what I need to say, gecause apparently that is the only way to make people happy with how much I post.
I am not going to jump over KE or Grimmy's case for not posting "helpful content" as I feel I haven't been contributing as much as I could be either. As I believe I said earlier, I have been busy, and Grimmy has said he has been busy, so I am not going to hold this against him, as I haven't found much of anything else that makes him stand out on my scumdar.

I will say, however, that while I feel KE adequately justified his reasoning for voting Godot, I am not liking post 289. It is one thing to strongly believe that a player may be scum, but is another thing in my opinion to focus solely on this one person and completely ignore all others, as it provides more opportunity for other scum to slip under the radar. I have nothing against you feeling that Godot is scum, as I feel that your logic is viable, but I would think that if you believe that you have hit scum, you would be looking at others now in hopes of finding Godot's (hypothetical) scum buddies.

FoS: the Inactive
Lurking is not protown
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by charter »

Bowl of warm milk for the next person to vote Godot. If you're not voting Godot and want me to make a post recapping all the arguments against him, let me know.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by kloud1516 »

charter wrote:Bowl of warm milk for the next person to vote Godot. If you're not voting Godot and
want me to make a post recapping all the arguments against him, let me know.
I would appreciate this, as I have not been clear on your reasoning for some time now and have not had an opportunity to ask because of real life mania. The recap would be helpful, as it may point out something I could have missed
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Grimmy wrote:Quick note: Id probably vote for either Gobot or Charter today. I wont vote until I can find time to post sufficient reasons to though.

More next week.

Grimmy
new companies kick my @$$

Gee you'd vote for either of the two top vote getters? WAY TO TRY AND PLAY BOTH SIDES AND LOOK NOT SCUMMY.

FOS grimmy

also

FOS pwnz

again, way to throw your hat at the top vote getting in an attempt to LOOK not scummy. unfortunately, there's a different between BEING not scummy and TRYING TO LOOK not scummy.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:51 pm

Post by Inspector Godot »

Grimmy, that was rather useless. But it could just be playing up to the whole
Two
-Face thing.
Wins/Losses
Town: 0/1
Scum: 0/0
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:55 am

Post by charter »

kloud1516 wrote:
charter wrote:Bowl of warm milk for the next person to vote Godot. If you're not voting Godot and
want me to make a post recapping all the arguments against him, let me know.
I would appreciate this, as I have not been clear on your reasoning for some time now and have not had an opportunity to ask because of real life mania. The recap would be helpful, as it may point out something I could have missed
I'll do it as soon as I get time, hopefully tonight or tomorrow. Meow.
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:54 am

Post by pwnz »

Inspector Godot wrote:Pwnz, mind posting some reasoning? You're looking awfully suspicious.
Weird! That's why I voted for you, too!
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:01 am

Post by pwnz »

To everyone else that wanted me to give some sort of explanation as to why I decided to vote for Godot:

A vote is a vote, usually put on someone when you are suspicious of their posting and overall demeanor. I placed my vote on him because I believe that he is the most suspicious player in this game so far. I'm not the only one, either, because I see others saying that he looks relatively scummy as well. So, to all of you that want me to explain why I put a vote on someone, how about we instead ask the person who has the votes on him why we shouldn't lynch him. It is he who should be questioned instead of you who should be defending him, because you then look like you have some specific reason that you don't want him dead.
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:21 am

You want me to say why I shouldn't be lynched?

Well, I'm a vanilla townie, so I don't really bring much to the town. Hell, if my death helps you guys go after charter, pwnz and crub tomorrow then go right ahead and lynch away. Especially because pwnz's reasoning in that post is "I jumped onto a bandwagon lol now I deflect the question".
Wins/Losses
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

(Holy Flameaxe Posts, Batman!)

Pwnz has officially jumped on my scumdar. Also, hello. Long time no see. School started, early workload > me. I'll have much more access/time to read starting next week. This is just a "commenting on current shit while I finish the other stuff (rereads)" post.

Back to the important shit. I'm not sure your "reasoning" could be any more vague. You vote him, say it was because it is suspicious. Okay, I get it. Now: Why? There must be some reason why you think he is suspicious (actually, there might not. Aka "scum pulling stuff out of his ass"). And as Godot already brought up, nice attempt to shift the attention away from yourself.

I won't vote until after my read though, but based on this page's events, I might know where it's going.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:26 am

Post by kloud1516 »

pwnz wrote:To everyone else that wanted me to give some sort of explanation as to why I decided to vote for Godot:

A vote is a vote,
usually
put on someone when you are suspicious of their posting and overall demeanor. I placed my vote on him because I believe that he is the most suspicious player in this game so far.
1) I don't think anyone here needs to know what a vote is, as most of us have placed one before. I bolded the "usually" in your post above, just to emphasize the flaws I feel are present in this particular excerpt of your post. Yes, a vote is "usually" placed on someone you find most suspicious, but votes are not exclusive to townies, and so votes are not always used for this purpose. So, as you say, votes "usually" are placed on someone suspicious, but are also used by the very players we are trying to identify right now (scum) for other reasons. Since you give no explanation for your vote, this makes you appear to be part of the latter faction.

2) You placed your vote on Godot because you believe he is the most suspicious person in this game. What I--and several others--have asked you to do is state why you find him to be suspicious, as you provide us with no evidence to justify your vote. This makes you look scummy, not Godot imo. As I said in my previous post, this vote comes off as an opportunistic scum trying to get his vote on the wagon with the most momentum. You don't give any reasoning for your vote, and openly show no apprehension to putting someone at L-2 without evidence, and that doesn't sit well with me. In addition to this, when asked to provide reasoning, you provide us with the post that I am currently responding to right now, which completely avoids response. I asked you for reasoning because I found your actions suspicious, and you avoiding to comment doesn't help your case.

pwnz wrote:I'm not the only one, either, because I see others saying that he looks relatively scummy as well.
Hmn, Appeal to Popularity/Numbers/Majority much? You may not be the only one voting Godot, but you
are
the only one that didn't explain why you are voting him. Others
did
say he looked relatively scummy, but provided opinions and evidence from the thread's multiple pages of content when justifying their stances. You did not, and attempting to rationalize your reasoning by saying that others find Godot to be suspicious isn't going to cut it for me.

pwnz wrote:So, to all of you that want me to explain why I put a vote on someone, how about we instead ask the person who has the votes on him why we shouldn't lynch him.
How about you explain why you find Godot suspicious first, and then we analyze his responses to the accusations leveled and decide whether or not we find them to be viable or not. What do you propose we ask Godot, pwnz? What are you planning on him saying? Others have already voiced their suspicions, and Godot has already addressed them. Others have already inserted their own inquiries into the conversation, and in my opinion, it is now your turn to contribute to the topic, as it is you with an unjustified vote on him.

pwnz wrote:It is he who should be questioned instead of you who should be defending him, because you then look like you have some specific reason that you don't want him dead.
Why exactly is it he that needs to be questioned as opposed to you right now? He already has been questioned. So, what you are saying is that either someone can agree with you on Godot's alignment, or they are automatically suspicious to you? If this is not the case, feel free to say otherwise when you decide to explain your vote. There could be several reasons for defending him, a big one being that one doesn't find Godot to be scum. I am still waiting on charter's recap of all things he finds suspicious when concerning Godot, but I know where my vote is going today.

vote: pwnz
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:36 am

Post by charter »

Why Godot is scummy.

49, says one of the people with a PR must be scum. This is scumlogic. It allows him to say player X is scummy because they have a PR and then justify it because "it just makes sense!"

75, more scumlogic. Now at least one PR person is scum, and one hero is scum.

83, OMGUS votes me when I call him out for his scumlogic.

Extremely hesitant to claim his character, then claims a villain, so he's free from his ridiculous logic of scum having a PR and being a hero.

165, Now defends a hero, when the whole game he's been saying we need to lynch them.

Day 2, he starts out accusing lots of people, and votes lurkers like it's his job.

249, KE sums up Godot's flip flopping on massclaiming.
250, He goes back to voting me right after pwnz claims nightwing. Godot entirely ignores it and his stupid hero is scum theory. Shows he doesn't believe what he's saying, he's just trying to fit in and look protown.
265, says KE's suspicions aren't valid, but no explanation as to why. More scumlogic.

I also think SL is his partner, because they've been defending each other the whole time.
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:32 am

charter wrote:Why Godot is scummy.

49, says one of the people with a PR must be scum. This is scumlogic. It allows him to say player X is scummy because they have a PR and then justify it because "it just makes sense!"

I like the inclusion of the word scum before the word logic here. Hammers home the fact that the big nasty Godot monster is scum.
charter wrote:Extremely hesitant to claim his character, then claims a villain, so he's free from his ridiculous logic of scum having a PR and being a hero.
I wanted to see a hero claim first, because the Mad Hatter is a semi-popular villain that they could have gone for. Unfortunately you leading a wagon on me made Crub, pwnz and flameaxe go under the radar.
charter wrote:165, Now defends a hero, when the whole game he's been saying we need to lynch them.
You either misunderstand or lie on purpose.
charter wrote:Day 2, he starts out accusing lots of people, and votes lurkers like it's his job.
Well I could just put my vote on you and post stupid comments like 'A big top hat for the next person to vote charter'.
charter wrote:249, KE sums up Godot's flip flopping on massclaiming.
250, He goes back to voting me right after pwnz claims nightwing. Godot entirely ignores it and his stupid hero is scum theory. Shows he doesn't believe what he's saying, he's just trying to fit in and look protown.
Pwnz looks very bad. At the moment you just look far worse. If we come down to deadline I'd be happy to vote pwnz. Hell, I'm happy to vote pwnz now, I'm just liking where I sit.
charter wrote:265, says KE's suspicions aren't valid, but no explanation as to why. More scumlogic.
Sort of implied that I'm town. KE actually has good reasoning, but he's going to look bad if I'm lynched and come up town.
charter wrote:I also think SL is his partner, because they've been defending each other the whole time.
If he and I were scum partners we'd deserve to be lynched for making such a horrendous play.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:38 am

Post by Porochaz »

IOU A VOTECOUNT, YOULL GET ONE, SOON I PROMISE
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:59 am

Post by charter »

Note his continued not attempting to explain his declaration of at least one person with a PR being scum, and his declaration of at least one hero being scum. It is scumlogic for the reason I said in my previous post. It allows him to vote for someone and justify it without reasoning that they're actually scummy.

Also note his very poor response to my accusations. Half of the time he says something unrelated and the other half are just bad defenses.
I misunderstand. Clarify.

SL is my number three pick for scum, Godot is one. I want my number two pick to post another time or two before I reveal them.

Meow.
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:49 pm

charter wrote:
I misunderstand. Clarify.
You're trying to say that I'm going for a lynch all heroes approach. I'm not, I'm trying to go for the most suspicious one. SL is far from most suspicious. At this point that's probably Pwnz or the other one that hasn't claimed yet.
charter wrote:SL is my number three pick for scum, Godot is one. I want my number two pick to post another time or two before I reveal them.

Meow.
No need for that, going off your simplistic reasoning it's Zoneace for agreeing with me (which actually does seem odd).
Wins/Losses
Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:52 pm

Post by Singing Librarian »

pwnz wrote:To everyone else that wanted me to give some sort of explanation as to why I decided to vote for Godot:

A vote is a vote, usually put on someone when you are suspicious of their posting and overall demeanor. I placed my vote on him because I believe that he is the most suspicious player in this game so far. I'm not the only one, either, because I see others saying that he looks relatively scummy as well. So, to all of you that want me to explain why I put a vote on someone, how about we instead ask the person who has the votes on him why we shouldn't lynch him. It is he who should be questioned instead of you who should be defending him, because you then look like you have some specific reason that you don't want him dead.
That's the worst explanation I've ever seen! If you want to see how it should be done, then Charter, for example, refers to specific posts and specific things he finds scummy in Godot's play, which is surely how hunting for scum should be done. You've simply said "I believe that he is the most suspicious player in this game so far", which is a meaningless statement without at least one actual reason to back it up.

Yes, Godot should be defending himself, but nobody (innocent or guilty) can defend themselves against a non-argument.

Also, KE, apologies, I was perhaps slightly harsh. It was your statement that you weren't going to bother looking for anyone else who was scummy because you'd already found one scummy person which irritated me. You did provide reasoning for your suspicions, I wouldn't question that. However, as there will be more than one scum in the game, none of us should ever stop looking for them. Just because I'm convinced pwnz is one of them doesn't mean that I'll stop reading everyone else carefully, examining the cases etc.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:09 pm

Post by Porochaz »

KingEnigma falls asleep suddenly, you try to wake him but you can't, you'll just have to wait until he wakes up again... thats the problem with dealing with a known narcoleptic...
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:32 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

where is the promised vote count?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:38 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Im at work its coming when my boss isnt walking round
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:39 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

I'd be happy to take care of the boss.

Would you like that?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:56 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Votecount sponsered by SpoilerImage

Inspector Godot - 4 - Charter, Crub, KingEnigma, pwnz

Charter - 2 - Zoneace, Inspector Godot
pwnz - 2 - Singing Librarian, kloud1516

Not Voting - BBM, Grimmy

With 10 alive it takes 6 alive. At deadline it takes 3 to lynch.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:56 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Wow that pics a bit to big...
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:54 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

yeah ok
unvote vote pwnz

Why are you so scummy?
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:38 am

Post by pwnz »

Charter wrote:Why Godot is scummy.

Extremely hesitant to claim his character, then claims a villain, so he's free from his ridiculous logic of scum having a PR and being a hero.

165, Now defends a hero, when the whole game he's been saying we need to lynch them.

Day 2, he starts out accusing lots of people, and votes lurkers like it's his job.

249, KE sums up Godot's flip flopping on massclaiming.
265, says KE's suspicions aren't valid, but no explanation as to why. More scumlogic.

I also think SL is his partner, because they've been defending each other the whole time.
Thanks, Charter! =)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”