Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:21 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 1672, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I was planning to come in here with all kinds of ammunition from their iso and question the hell out of Caster. But, most if not all of those questions have been asked and answered. The answers aren't reassuring. His posts are full of irritation and resentment, and it feels like I'd be kicking a puppy.

peedit bears?
You too? Just dunk on me, if I've even lost you I'm going to be miselimed at some point anyway.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:24 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

Do I really seem that upset? I feel fine. I mean I think the way berserker is choosing to play mafia is pretty annoying, but I'm a big boy.
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:24 pm

Post by Servant Shielder »

In post 1109, Servant Rider wrote:
In post 1101, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:I am curious as to who Rider's three "must-die" reads are.

I know that Rider was trying to bait this response when revealing that, but I'm a sucker for taking bait like that.
Shielder, Archer, Lancer. I'll explain why in the future. Maybe.
this is the only time (other than saying "scum" in the GTH reads) youve mentioned lancer since page 10 of the thread. you did state an early scumlean in the first 10 pages, but there is not any mention of lancer in your iso since then.
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:26 pm

In post 1657, Servant Rider wrote:
In post 1655, Servant Shielder wrote:
In post 1651, Servant Rider wrote:Mmmmmm-tiebreak!
VOTE: Lancer
i feel like rider is coming in on the wrong side of things
and not stating a reason makes me feel like theres a reason for that.
What do you mean by the bolded? And a quick ISO of me tells you my thoughts on Lancer. I haven't exactly been quiet about it.
so i disagree with your claim. by the bolded i mean theres one wagon with associatives with scummy slots thats scummier, and then theres the wagon youre voting.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:37 pm

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

You haven't lost me yet, anyway. You've made a lot of posts, and you've had fairly well defined stances, mostly. Your GTH list doesn't match the stances and the progressions to those stances earlier in the game. But, you know that.

There are these two themes in your body of work: Why aren't we voting Foreigner? in the first phase, and the appearance of having been knocked sideways by Berserker's push in this phase.

The first looks a little overdone reading your iso. Like, you had to know why people weren't voting for Foreigner.

pedit I see you don't feel as discombobulated as I thought. I'll adjust that dial in my reading of your posts.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:49 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

Well, I deliberately didnt think too hard about those reads. That was the point of the exercise, after all.

I still think most of you are silly for not voting foreigner. You can interpret it as bemoaning the silliness if you like. Yes, I've definitely been knocked sideways. I thought I was doing alright. I'm probably more bothered by being scumread than your average bear.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:01 pm

I'm pretty happy with how Assassin's working out. I particularly like the way he's setting things up to draw stances out of players.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:19 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 1677, Servant Shielder wrote:this is the only time (other than saying "scum" in the GTH reads) youve mentioned lancer since page 10 of the thread. you did state an early scumlean in the first 10 pages, but there is not any mention of lancer in your iso since then.
Would you like to know why that is? It's because Lancer has done a whole lot of fuckall since having his ass handed to him by Assassin at roundabouts then. Curiously, this caused my scumread on him to deepen! Perhaps more curiously, I didn't repeatedly comment on the nothing he was doing, egads!
Servant Shielder wrote:so i disagree with your claim. by the bolded i mean theres one wagon with associatives with scummy slots thats scummier, and then theres the wagon youre voting.
1. I'm not claiming anything.
2. There are three wagons, not two.
3. "One wagon with associative with scummy slots that's scummier" is a fantastically nonsensical thing to say. My best guess here is you're trying to say "You should've voted Caster or Ruler (as I've no idea which one you're talking about) as they are scummier than the guy you voted for". Assuming that's what you meant, I disagree. Vehemently.
4. No.
Servant Ruler
Servant Ruler
Townie
Servant Ruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:25 pm

Post by Servant Ruler »

I'm alive! Barely. I'm super behind, I've read the last 2ish pages and mods iso. Will get into thread once I'm home and settled in.

@AE: It affirms that scum did not want the master on Avenger, doesn't clear up caster like I want it to. The long and short of that is I don't think the scum team consists of players willing to head to head with assassin, I've moved Berserker into my townreads as a result.

Also don't think Archer would have been able to swing assassin's upsurge without a partners help and that leaves me with partner ties in st least one of : Rider, Foreigner, Moon, Lancer, AE.

Rider - voting me does things for me, I'm a masochist like that.
Foreigner - I read something that gave me town vibes but can't recall off the top of my head, I'll catch it in my read through or I'll just iso.
Moon - I don't townread then any less with an archer flip so that's positive. But I feel most of my townread there was them going against the grain, even if it was just setup theory. Fairly sure I know who Moon is though and I think highly of their scum game + unpredictability as either alignment.
Lancer - I keep confusing this slot with saber tbh and don't have a strong impression of them. They're just kind of forgettable. One of those slots is the one I initially linked with archer via vote movement however.
AE - I don't think this is your scum game and I have a decent grasp of your town & scum play via different alignment combinations. I'm still waiting on something specific before I consider locking you as town but unfortunately I don't think it's going to happen due to the anonymity factor.

@Shielder did you ever get back to me about my berserker question? Kind of important to me.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:38 am

Post by Servant Moon Cancer »

Assuming scum cared at all about who was selected beyond how it made them look (e.g. whether it was consistent with things they'd previously said) seems like not a great thing to assume.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:40 am

Post by Servant Moon Cancer »

I would be mildly surprised if Caster is scum.

Way too many town indicators in that ISO.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:09 am

Post by Servant Avenger »

Eh, there are three things that bother me.

A lot of his opinions that he announces are really clear cut town stuff.
HedgeWizard.
Only wagon on master phase that ~could~ be on scum at this point.

Also Lancer mentioned that he didn't want to stand out if caster won and that hit my paranoia button a little (the button is stuck and held down).

Two kind of narratives/teams forming in my head.
1.Defender might be scum with rider.
2. Lancer might be scum with Caster.

mutually exclusive.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:30 am

In post 1685, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:I would be mildly surprised if Caster is scum.

Way too many town indicators in that ISO.
Only mildly?
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:15 am

In post 1686, Servant Avenger wrote:Eh, there are three things that bother me.

A lot of his opinions that he announces are really clear cut town stuff.
HedgeWizard.
Only wagon on master phase that ~could~ be on scum at this point.

Also Lancer mentioned that he didn't want to stand out if caster won and that hit my paranoia button a little (the button is stuck and held down).

Two kind of narratives/teams forming in my head.
1.Defender might be scum with rider.
2. Lancer might be scum with Caster.

mutually exclusive.
When I flip, remember that I said Rider is town. This is not about my role card. It's about the strength of my "bet the farm" reads in games. I've had two reads that strong in this game.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:24 am

Also, who are you referring to as "Defender"?
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:30 am

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 1671, Servant Avenger wrote:I'm back sliding on rider a bit. on the late part of master phase and early d1 I was town reading him. Now back to weak lean town.
When did this flip happen? As I recall for a fair part of d0 you were scumreading me, so it wasn't at least until after our little tiff.
Servant Alter Ego wrote:I'm pretty happy with how Assassin's working out. I particularly like the way he's setting things up to draw stances out of players.
I'm still recovering from their personality flip, which was far more shocking than their actual flip
Servant Ruler wrote:@AE: It affirms that scum did not want the master on Avenger, doesn't clear up caster like I want it to. The long and short of that is I don't think the scum team consists of players willing to head to head with assassin, I've moved Berserker into my townreads as a result.

Also don't think Archer would have been able to swing assassin's upsurge without a partners help and that leaves me with partner ties in st least one of : Rider, Foreigner, Moon, Lancer, AE.
Archer didn't swing shit, he jumped back on at L-2 (E-2?) in the hopes of getting cheap towncred. The backfire was magnificent on that one. Are you trying to say that the Assassin wagon was scum led? Why would they, and where is the evidence of a concerted effort for such a claim?
Servant Ruler wrote:Rider - voting me does things for me, I'm a masochist like that.
I've not voted for you in the history of this thread, so... Nani?
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 1688, Servant Alter Ego wrote:When I flip, remember that I said Rider is town. This is not about my role card. It's about the strength of my "bet the farm" reads in games. I've had two reads that strong in this game.
That's very sweet of you <3

Who's the other one?
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:54 am

In post 1691, Servant Rider wrote:
In post 1688, Servant Alter Ego wrote:When I flip, remember that I said Rider is town. This is not about my role card. It's about the strength of my "bet the farm" reads in games. I've had two reads that strong in this game.
That's very sweet of you <3

Who's the other one?
They're now our IC. Why do you think I was so hesitant to move my vote after they voted Avenger?
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:58 am

Post by Servant Rider »

I knew your read on their slot was strong, but not THAT strong. When did the read gain "bet the farm" status, and why? If it's already in your ISO, just point me in the general direction.
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:16 am

In post 1329, Servant Ruler wrote:What's up shielder. I've mostly ignored the talk around your slot. But those scumreads don't really measure up to the thought I feel you gave your assassin scumread.

I think that might be because of the day 0 townhunt mindset so talk to me about some of your townreads with a little more depth.

Like berserker. I know it's hard to separate them from their entrance but in the world where scum nor town knew mastering multiple slots could be a shared ability, does your berserker read still stand?
im not sure if i answered this. berskerker is about 130% town. the entrance is theoretically possible coming from scum who have some info, but i think its far more likely to come from town. ive agreed with almost all of berserkers stances since then, and berserker's defense of me, while it could be scum WK, has me completely pocketed.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:32 am

In post 1693, Servant Rider wrote:I knew your read on their slot was strong, but not THAT strong. When did the read gain "bet the farm" status, and why? If it's already in your ISO, just point me in the general direction.
The read just kept strengthening throughout the first phase. And I never got a sense they were getting too widely scumread so no reason to telegraph that. It was definitely part of my line in the sand with Berserker after Assassin self-voted.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:37 am

The point where I asked Assassin how they feel about townblocking, and when I joked I'd follow them around like a puppy are around the time when the read was pretty damn seriously town. From there, I never doubted the read, but I did think about how fucked town would be if scum-Assassin got the master upgrade. They're by all, and I mean all, indications the kind of player I worried about sitting in the Scum PT, directing their forces, with no way for town get them fully out of the game.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Servant Rider »

I was curious if there was a particular moment that really made the read for you or if it's more of a total BOW thing. Sounds like the latter. Thanks!
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:50 am

Post by Servant Rider »

On reflection, what do you think about the current candidates for elimination? I think your views on Caster are fairly apparent so far, but what about Lancer, Ruler, Shielder?
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:03 am

Lancer's my first choice.

There's another bit of master-wagon analysis I want to do today. I need to stop running around, sit down and get it done. Whether I find something curious or not, I'll post about it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”