Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

If we're arguing over whether the Shielder wagon was scum or town lead, it makes sense to identify precisely who people thought was leading that wagon. Talking in abstractions confuses people. If people also use different definitions of leaders, they could talk about different slots entirely.

I bring this up because I also think Shielder is a bad place to lynch for now and I want to look at his wagon. Sure, there could be the defeatist Archer and Shielder are both scum approach but that would be ideally confirmed by seeing a lack of scum pushing Shielder as well.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Servant Foreigner »

If you take everyone's stated skill levels and personalities at face value then idk.
Sounds like a good way to lose an anon game.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 1548, Servant Berserker wrote:
In post 1547, Servant Avenger wrote:
In post 1536, Servant Berserker wrote:Shielder was setup as a defacto vote for Day 1 through the entire master voting phase. That setup was done by scum. Archer participated in it.

WE ARE NEVER DOING SHIELDER TODAY NO MATTER HOW BAD THEY LOOK.

Shielder is not a vote we even begin to CONSIDER until after Day 2. After Day 3, even, depending on how many scum we murder.
Sure, there are other scum to find.
I don't think the scum team are team players tbh. Archer was pretty much left to rot.
I think Caster-Archer interactions are exactly what I expect from this scum team. I've been thinking it since yesterday and I really think there's some distancing going on and I just

I wanna see Caster die, tbh
Can you elaborate on this?
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by Servant Avenger »

Mooncancer has moved up into the town list(this is for everybody else).
Beast does seem enthusiastic that scum just died. But hamming it up maybe.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:03 pm

In post 1550, Servant Saber wrote:If we're arguing over whether the Shielder wagon was scum or town lead, it makes sense to identify precisely who people thought was leading that wagon. Talking in abstractions confuses people. If people also use different definitions of leaders, they could talk about different slots entirely.

I bring this up because I also think Shielder is a bad place to lynch for now and I want to look at his wagon. Sure, there could be the defeatist Archer and Shielder are both scum approach but that would be ideally confirmed by seeing a lack of scum pushing Shielder as well.
I feel like saber replaced saber.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:04 pm

Did you address defending Archer yet Saber?
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by Servant Berserker »

In post 1552, Servant Saber wrote:
In post 1536, Servant Berserker wrote:Shielder was setup as a defacto vote for Day 1 through the entire master voting phase. That setup was done by scum. Archer participated in it.

Shielder is not a vote we even begin to CONSIDER until after Day 2. After Day 3, even, depending on how many scum we murder.
I don't think the scum team are team players tbh. Archer was pretty much left to rot.
I think Caster-Archer interactions are exactly what I expect from this scum team. I've been thinking it since yesterday and I really think there's some distancing going on and I just

Sure. I feel like Archer has known they were going to die since around the late time of the Master Selection phase. And especially during GTH.

I don't think it's coincidence Caster is the only one who thought they were town while Archer had Caster as scum. I think that is an EXTREMELY WEIRD place for those 2 to end up on each other with how the game had gone up to that point.
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:05 pm

Post by Servant Shielder »

its also interesting that caster had archer as town but then they got in a spat
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

Agree.

So, does that mean the scum team is focused on the night game? Hard to believe given we just elimed what looks to be their strongman-ish equivalent.
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:08 pm

remaining scum are caster saber and rider maybe?
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Servant Moon Cancer »

In post 1523, Servant Rider wrote:How firm are you on Ruler?
I feel slightly stronger about it now than I did before the Archer flip.

And not due to associations, but due to Archer's role.

Has anyone actually read the role card yet?

Pay special attention to his "with a master" upgrade (or rather, what's not in it).

I have my own conclusions about what this means about the game (and with regards to Ruler, what it means about his first post).
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:09 pm

In post 1558, Servant Alter Ego wrote:

Agree.

So, does that mean the scum team is focused on the night game? Hard to believe given we just elimed what looks to be their strongman-ish equivalent.
it seems more likely that archer was a lost cause. that increases the odds that scum was trying to master one of their own though. or perhaps they didnt want to be down to three scum, one of whom was lynchbait. so maybe that explains why they stayed out of the running.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:09 pm

Oh yeah, this also means I doubt the scumteam have another role like Archers on their team, right?

So all we need to do is have whoever has our town protective role target Assassin N2 and we'll get another IC is alive day, which is super nice.

I think that role was meant to prevent a doctor on IC loop problem but.... I think we are in a super winning spot as a result.
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:10 pm

In post 1560, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:
In post 1523, Servant Rider wrote:How firm are you on Ruler?
I feel slightly stronger about it now than I did before the Archer flip.

And not due to associations, but due to Archer's role.

Has anyone actually read the role card yet?

Pay special attention to his "with a master" upgrade (or rather, what's not in it).

I have my own conclusions about what this means about the game (and with regards to Ruler, what it means about his first post).
VOTE: ruler

i forgot about that post. maybe because of my lack of notes.
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:11 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

In post 1555, Servant Avenger wrote:Did you address defending Archer yet Saber?
I am not sure what you mean by this. Are you referring to my prior head or my unnervedness about how easy the Archer wagon was?
In post 1556, Servant Berserker wrote:

Sure. I feel like Archer has known they were going to die since around the late time of the Master Selection phase. And especially during GTH.

I don't think it's coincidence Caster is the only one who thought they were town while Archer had Caster as scum. I think that is an EXTREMELY WEIRD place for those 2 to end up on each other with how the game had gone up to that point.
So to ensure I got this straight you find

Caster TRs Archer
Archer SRs Caster a weierd place for both parties?

Archer faking a scumread on Caster doesn't gain Archer much if they're partners. It doesn't divert suspicion as practically no one else was TRing Archer. It reminds the thread how abnormal it is to townread Archer. That doesn't feel like a planned bus to me.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:11 pm

@Shielder, er, probably not. To your solve. Rider and Caster are not likely scum partners.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:11 pm

In post 1564, Servant Saber wrote:
In post 1555, Servant Avenger wrote:Did you address defending Archer yet Saber?
I am not sure what you mean by this. Are you referring to my prior head or my unnervedness about how easy the Archer wagon was?
In post 1556, Servant Berserker wrote:

So to ensure I got this straight you find

Caster TRs Archer
Archer SRs Caster a weierd place for both parties?

Archer faking a scumread on Caster doesn't gain Archer much if they're partners. It doesn't divert suspicion as practically no one else was TRing Archer. It reminds the thread how abnormal it is to townread Archer. That doesn't feel like a planned bus to me.
I do, infact, find that weird for both parties, yes.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:12 pm

@Saber, the latter.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 1513, Servant Shielder wrote:some of you may have noticed that i was not on the archer wagon. i could have been on the archer wagon, but had i been those of you inclined to think im scum would have thought i was simply bussing. I dont think there was much to be learned from me being on the wagon, so i sat it out (despite it being on someone i stated a scumread on pretty early). whats interesting is who else was off-wagon. i think the elim was kinda inevitable so scum could easily have bussed, yet most of my scumreads were off-wagon. interesting.
What's interesting is that you felt so compelled to explain this.

I don't think the composition of the archer wagon could possibly be less interesting. It was inevitable, everyone knew it was happening.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 1560, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:Has anyone actually read the role card yet?

I've said this before, but no way in hell does Cabd leave that kind of loophole. He's literally broken games himself using that very thing.

Besides, Ruler came in far too late to give them any town credit for claiming it was in their role PM.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:14 pm

It's pretty obvious Cabd didn't leave them with fake role claims.
Archer's was lazily modified.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:16 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 1541, Servant Beast wrote:
In post 1535, Servant Shielder wrote:day 0 i felt strongly that caster was scum. day 1 i felt kinda weakly that caster might be town. im not sure how i feel about placing a vote on caster atm. definitely not my first choice, id prefer to go for someone like rider.
You make me want to pay you on the head and say "Oh honey..." In a reassuring motherly voice everytime you post.

Just join your counter wagon like a good puppy
You're awfully invested in this all of a sudden.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:16 pm

Probably because she's winning.
While you sound demotivated caster.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 1570, Servant Avenger wrote:It's pretty obvious Cabd didn't leave them with fake role claims.
Archer's was lazily modified.
Pretty much everything Archer did was lazy. Interesting point though. I'll think about it.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 1543, Servant Shielder wrote:
In post 1539, Servant Foreigner wrote:Adding multiple levels of self awareness doesn't magically make it townie. Scum bait out experience levels all the time on anon accounts, and I feel the only argument in his favor is his scummy actions are a result of a lack of experience.

If it was a stupid thought process that bad players actually think, sure why not. But no one goes "haha time to not vote my scum read because it won't breed good information".
well you'd be right if the archer elim wasnt inevitable. if we were in the scumhunting phase then my vote should be on scummy people. but archer was getting elimed there 100%. so it doesnt really matter whether i vote there or not.
But you just fucking said the composition was important
I can't deal with this person they're like a caricature of a scum aligned player

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”