Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:19 pm

Post by Rage »

I was asking you to reconsider saying Gremwell's vote wasn't hasty, yet saying we were close to a deadline. From what I can tell, his reasoning was:
Gremwell wrote:
vote ogml
though I think the jester role would fit well in "the barons court"
Basically, that's saying nothing about his vote for OhGodMyLife, and considering the option of a Jester role in the game. His vote is iffy to me, because he realizes the option of a Jester yet hammers, without reason, a Townie. You giving him wiggle room isn't helping.

@Mod
Johoohno wrote:[007] Quoting: Don’t quote any PMs from me.
Do you mean literally putting the information in a Quote, or not paraphrasing? And, is this true?
Mod note:
I think my rule above is clearly written (=quoting is not okay, but I never mention paraphrasing so that is okay), and I won't answer if what is below is true or not.
Sekinj wrote:From the mod's advice I will no longer be referencing exactly what was said in my PMs. I will paraphrase, and that will just have to be good enough.

Vote count
(8 players alive = 5 to lynch before deadline)
(1) Gremwell – Mariyta

Not voting:
Gremwell, MafiaMann, Rage, raverblood, sekinj, Singing Librarian, thinktank

Deadline:
Thursday 4 September 2:00 PM (GMT -5 according to forum clock)
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by Rage »

Rage wrote:I was asking you to reconsider saying Gremwell's vote wasn't hasty, yet saying we were close to a deadline
with consequences for Town.
Fixed.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:57 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

Sekinj seems to be panicing a bit with all the sanity posts.
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:10 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Id say the two biggest lynch possiblities for today are sekinj and maryata.

Sekinj

You were contradicting what OMGL said and OMGL flipped town

You seem to be panicing a bit and there isnt even a vote on you yet. Calm down and help the town find scum.

Maryata (my favortie choice)

It looked the admiral had a building case against than admiral gets killed.

Youve been a bit jumpy with your opinions.

You just give off that scum feeling in evey post.( I know this is a null tell just saying)
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:24 am

Post by sekinj »

@MM: I'm not panicing. I said the sanity thing once today, and then you had me repeat it. Then I thought of an explaination for OGML and me both being town. I'm surprised you are going back to the binary option after all your talk yesterday about it not being the only answer.

And as for trying to find scum, I have already stated my suspicions and will post more about that later today.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:16 am

Post by Mariyta »

MafiaMann wrote:Id say the two biggest lynch possiblities for today are sekinj and maryata.

Sekinj

You were contradicting what OMGL said and OMGL flipped town

You seem to be panicing a bit and there isnt even a vote on you yet. Calm down and help the town find scum.

You just give off that scum feeling in evey post.( I know this is a null tell just saying)
You're just being a jerk now.

@sekinj: Just because his nickname was Capricious, it doesn't mean he intended to act that way.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:27 am

Post by thinktank »

MafiaMann wrote:Id say the two biggest lynch possiblities for today are sekinj and maryata.

Generally we use facts and evidence to hunt scum. Not WIFOM and feelings.

FoS: Mafiamann
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:57 am

Post by Gremwell »

@Rage, I don't see why you're so fixated on me today, I'm not trying to say that what I did was the town's saving grace, just that it is a null tell.

A townie who shows up close to the deadline and casts the only choice to avoid the no lynch, Or a scum who did the same thing to appear as town.

Me personally, if I were scum I would like to see what the consequences were so I knew if it was worth forcing a no lynch later on.
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Rage »

Oh, hey, someone bought my vote today.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:55 am

Post by Mariyta »

Rage wrote:Oh, hey, someone bought my vote today.
Bought your vote?
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:33 am

Post by Rage »

Yes, that was the wording used in a private message sent to me by the mod.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:42 am

Post by Mariyta »

Typically, when someone "buys" your vote, it means you become corrupt. Do you (or anyone else) have any more information on this?
-Susan Ertz

Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:46 am

Post by Singing Librarian »

Well, I was pretty convinced yesterday by the binary option, but also convinced that OGML was lying to us. The apparent contradiction between what OGML said and what sekinj says is worth remembering, but I don't feel inclined to assume sekinj is scum. On the other hand, I'm not inclined to trust her information - even she is worried that she may have sanity issues, so the rest of us should be wary. If the night choice info was wrong, who's to say that any of it is truly correct?

Gremwell's actions I feel to be very townie - if I could have voted, I would have done exactly the same thing as I don't want to find out what the disadvantages of a no lynch are. It is certainly implied that bad things would happen if we failed to lynch.

I don't think we can assume that TheAdmiral's death has anything to do with a potential case on Mariyta - as was pointed out just after day broke, analysing night kills just leads to WIFOM madness ("Well maybe that's what they want us to think", "But maybe THAT's what they want us to think..."). If there is a case for lynching Mariyta, it should be utterly independent of the fact that TheAdmiral is dead.

Currently, I'm feeling the need to look closely at thinktank and MafiaMann. Not enough to start voting, but I feel that both deserve further attention and re-reads.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Mariyta »

I, too, feel MafiaMann comes across as scummy, but during my re-read, I couldn't find anything that stood out enough to vote.
-Susan Ertz

Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Rage »

Mariyta wrote:Typically, when someone "buys" your vote, it means you become corrupt. Do you (or anyone else) have any more information on this?
No. The private message only said that someone bought my vote for today. This has happened before in the game, but not to me.
SingingLibrarian wrote:I don't have a vote today. Someone stole it during the night somehow. I don't know whether it's a scum power or a town power, but it's definitely out there, hence part of my decision to believe sekinj, knowing that there are some unusual things going on by night. It's also something we need to be aware of (being forewarned of this surely helps town more than scum), as every day there's likely to be someone who has not got control over their own vote, which will make lynches that much harder.
@Sekinj, how do you feel about Mass Claim? I'm not saying whether I believe this is true or not, but according to your information everyone has a night choice but you. Do you think a Mass Claim in this circumstance would be beneficial to the Town?

Also, do you have anything to say about this:
Rage wrote:I was asking you to reconsider saying Gremwell's vote wasn't hasty, yet saying we were close to a deadline. From what I can tell, his reasoning was:
Gremwell wrote:
vote ogml
Basically, that's saying nothing about his vote for OhGodMyLife, and considering the option of a Jester role in the game. His vote is iffy to me, because he realizes the option of a Jester yet hammers, without reason, a Townie. You giving him wiggle room isn't helping.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by sekinj »

I'm completely, utterly, 100% against a mass claim. There is someone out there who if they are nk'd I lose, so NO MASS CLAIM for roles.

I wouldn't mind gather OTHER info though... maybe sex, first names, nicknames, sections... Not all of that, and certainly not all at once, but I wouldn't mind knowing a bit more about people... and I'd really love it if the scum would just raise their hand too...

(my favorite is sex :P )
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by sekinj »

Rage wrote:I was asking you to reconsider saying Gremwell's vote wasn't hasty, yet saying we were close to a deadline. From what I can tell, his reasoning was:
Gremwell wrote:
vote ogml
I think it IS saying something about his vote for OGML. In context it says, "I'm voting for OGML in order to avoid a no lynch, however, it is quite possible that he is a jester or some other role that IS NOT scum, yet is still lying for some reason." Or that's how I read it anyway. I'll give him all the wiggling room he wants for that post. I stand by my opinion that it was a very pro-town action.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:26 pm

Post by Rage »

Sekinj wrote:I wouldn't mind gather OTHER info though... maybe sex, first names, nicknames, sections... Not all of that, and certainly not all at once, but I wouldn't mind knowing a bit more about people... and I'd really love it if the scum would just raise their hand too...

(my favorite is sex )
You know, that actually isn't a bad idea. And that could be one way to "test your sanity", because you have said that you know how many of each gender there are in the game. Unless someone objects, that might be a way to clear some things up. I mean, the only thing that comes to mind is proving how reliable Sekinj's information is, but you never know what could be Knowledge-related.

I've already stated this, but my character is Female (and I am a Male in real life).
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Rage wrote:
Sekinj wrote:I wouldn't mind gather OTHER info though... maybe sex, first names, nicknames, sections... Not all of that, and certainly not all at once, but I wouldn't mind knowing a bit more about people... and I'd really love it if the scum would just raise their hand too...

(my favorite is sex )
You know, that actually isn't a bad idea. And that could be one way to "test your sanity", because you have said that you know how many of each gender there are in the game. Unless someone objects, that might be a way to clear some things up. I mean, the only thing that comes to mind is proving how reliable Sekinj's information is, but you never know what could be Knowledge-related.

I've already stated this, but my character is Female (and I am a Male in real life).
On one hand, it would be useful to test sekinj's sanity. On the other, the scum could just as easily lie to make us think she's useless. I'll have to think on this some more before I give my opinion.
-Susan Ertz

MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:01 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

Im against this i think sekinj is insane but why give the scum a chance to make us think she sane if shes not that could really mess us up to. I think we can win this game with or without sekinjs hints.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:10 am

Post by Mariyta »

Yeah, I don't think it's a good idea. It wouldn't solve anything for the town, because we'd never know if anyone was lying to mess up our results, and the scum would end up having more information than us.
-Susan Ertz

Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:52 am

Post by Rage »

I fail to see how gender information could protect scum. This proposition is based on whether or not Sekinj tells the truth, and he can't really not do that unless one of his potential scum members answers the question last. Maybe we should make a randomized list of players to answer the question in a certain order?
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:28 am

Post by Rage »

Oh, I will be out all day without the chance to post much, and I will be back late today.
raverblood
raverblood
Townie
raverblood
Townie
Townie

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:06 am

Post by raverblood »

sekinj wrote:I'm completely, utterly, 100% against a mass claim. There is someone out there who if they are nk'd I lose, so NO MASS CLAIM for roles.

I wouldn't mind gather OTHER info though... maybe sex, first names, nicknames, sections... Not all of that, and certainly not all at once, but I wouldn't mind knowing a bit more about people... and I'd really love it if the scum would just raise their hand too...

(my favorite is sex :P )
limited if might help town so i will give one thing.. im female (male in rl lol).
but giving out more right now might hurt town.
"If only you could step into my life for a moment, only then will you truly know hell"
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:28 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Im male in game and rl

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”