Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:14 am

Post by Servant Assassin »

In post 923, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:I kind of just think Shielder is planning for an early death and this is an attempt at confusing interactions. That said, I don't plan to go through any of that if we do flip Shielder, so it's a pointless exercise if that's the goal.
prob yeah. have vague points of towniness from saber and even beast so shielders a good flip
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:32 am

In post 897, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:I don't actually care who gets selected at this point, personally. I guess I probably should care if they're gonna give out upgrades to people I think are scum, but even then I'm not that worried.

I don't actually mind voting you, I just really care who it is at this point and it's probably going to be decided via plurality anyway.

(I think you're acting like whoever gets selected in this phase is gonna have more sway than other people? I guess that could be why you're talking about it like that. TBH, assuming town gets selected today, I doubt I'll be listening to much they say if they disagree with me so I don't see this as a matter of giving "control of the game" to anyone.)
i agree the outcome is probably not worth the amount of angst people are having lmao
In post 901, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I'm liking Lancer for town. Going back over the iso after all the talk died down reset me back to my original thoughts on this slot. There's just a lot of good solid town stuff in their posts. They tend to do that reverse thing, where the vote comes first and then the reasoning, but the reasoning is there.

I agree Rider's progressions aren't well explained in some areas, 308 and 314 were the most detailed info about reads, I think.
i will admit at some point lancer gave me a biiiiit of the ol' D1 wrongtunnel vibes although it's harder to say without votes and direct pressure
In post 916, Servant Berserker wrote:I think, personally, one of Assassin or Caster has to be scum WITH AE, as a result of this. I think this is the kind of post that someone who is looking to more or less goof on Avenger and make them look silly and unpalletable for a vote would do. It attacks their character and standing without having to take a stance and being very under the radar.
you're probably gonna find out you're real wrong on one of those very soon

actually did you not see that AE sassed me in a similar way

am i supposed to be discrediting avenger by voting him

how does fukken any of this make sense please come back to earth
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:43 am

prob way too late to answer whoever asked me it (alter ego?) but yea i like moon cancer for town. was hoping they'd continue to be a bit of a lightning rod after their stunt of voting me for master while calling me scum but i guess it was not to be given the nature of the phase
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:47 am

Post by Servant Avenger »

Nah, Moon. It's related to a mechanic.
If you don't have strong feelings about the phase vote me etc. :yawn:
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:50 am

prob not gonna be around until a couple hours before deadline
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:00 am

Cabd what happens in the event of a tie?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:04 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 930, Servant Avenger wrote:
Cabd what happens in the event of a tie?
In post 0, Cabd wrote:(in the event of a tie, all "winning" slots will be randomly entered and one will be drawn)
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:07 am

Oh, that's not that bad.
I guess the scum team isn't really angling for that.
Sorry for missing it. Thank you.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:45 am

Post by Cabd »

Vote Count M-13

Caster (5): Saber, Lancer, Caster, Ruler, Rider
Assassin (4): Archer, Foreigner, Moon Cancer, Alter Ego
Avenger (4): Avenger, Berserker, Beast, Assassin
Saber (1): Shielder

Phase Page Count: 38/60

With 14 servants alive, it takes 8 votes to lock in a master. Otherwise, a master will be selected by plurality rules in: (expired on 2020-09-08 21:23:37)
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:34 am

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 914, Servant Alter Ego wrote:If that's what they were saying it's an incredible oversimplification. Towniest and on the wrong track, or influencable is not going to be N1K'd. Most dangerous looking, on the right track, possibly crumbing a doomsday weapon, etc. That gets N1K'd.
Those were my strongest townreads at that time.

I still think mastering the townies player is correct, but clearly the players I think are townies apart from myself are not winning a vote here. So I'm just going to have to settle for giving it to town, and right now that means my best shot is me.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:37 am

Post by Servant Caster »

It doesn't seem like there are 2 more votes out there for me, though, so we're probably getting Assassin.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:44 am

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 921, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:Rider, have you been using your notes PT for long?

Could you talk about the first note you took about me and give me a rough time frame of when you took that note?
I've been using them since the beginning, but I've been sporadic as hell about it. My first note about you was on the evening of 31 Aug, and I was infuriated with you for the way you entered the thread. About an hour after your opening post to be more precise.
In post 919, Servant Berserker wrote:Avenger
Moon
Rider
Shielder
Saber (I have felt bad about them... but some of their posts feel really good? This is gonna be a gut read I flucuate on I bet...)
Ruler (Feels Good Man)
You think
Shielder
is town??
Servant Alter Ego wrote:
In post 913, Servant Rider wrote:Pedit: Alter, I'm not sure what you're saying, but I'm pretty sure Caster is saying "vote the towniest person so they don't die N1"?
If that's what they were saying it's an incredible oversimplification.
Towniest and on the wrong track, or influencable is not going to be N1K'd. Most dangerous looking, on the right track, possibly crumbing a doomsday weapon, etc. That gets N1K'd.

I don't think there's an apparent threat to scum of that magnitude in the game at this point, but still.
This is why I'm torn about the trade-off of a guaranteed day 2 for a formidable player versus the damage they can do to scum later in the game.

At that point in the game, AT BEST, having Archer and me as the players he was willing to vote was blind to the game state.
I agree with the bolded. The vast oversimplification was probably my fault in part, because I was tired and like "What's alter's problem with that?" I still don't see your problem with Caster though, because Caster had quite the difficult time getting into the game (hell, I had to beat a read out of him) and I think you're trying to apply his actions in too broad a context. He's not playing the macro game; he's going with people he feels comfortable calling town at the time. Sure, in the game state at that point, neither you or Archer were getting ganked. But from his perspective it's the best he's got. If anything, it show's he's pretty damn town, because he's down here in the weeds with the rest of us. Scum watch things from on high because they have the information and pick their shots. Town gotta roll through the muck until they figure it out.

Pedit lmao Caster making my point in fewer words
Pedit2 Caster, do you see more Assassin votes coming from somewhere? You're still top. If Assassin vote swaps to himself it's a tie between you two.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:46 am

Good morning.

I think that having to beat a read out of him is precisely why the scum team wants caster in his seat tbh.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:48 am

Does assassin voting me, mean nothing to either of you?
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:06 am

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 936, Servant Rider wrote:Pedit2 Caster, do you see more Assassin votes coming from somewhere? You're still top. If Assassin vote swaps to himself it's a tie between you two.
Well, I see one coming from me, and I think he'd be irrational not to vote himself at some point. I only see a few people being explicitly not okay with him, while we just spent a couple pages having berserker, ae, and i think others take dumps on me.

@avenger: I agree that there is a possibility scum would support me due to my lack of leadership qualities, if all three of us are town.. But no, I couldn't care less that Assassin is voting you.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:10 am

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

In post 936, Servant Rider wrote:
Servant Alter Ego wrote:
In post 913, Servant Rider wrote:Pedit: Alter, I'm not sure what you're saying, but I'm pretty sure Caster is saying "vote the towniest person so they don't die N1"?
If that's what they were saying it's an incredible oversimplification.
Towniest and on the wrong track, or influencable is not going to be N1K'd. Most dangerous looking, on the right track, possibly crumbing a doomsday weapon, etc. That gets N1K'd.

I don't think there's an apparent threat to scum of that magnitude in the game at this point, but still.
This is why I'm torn about the trade-off of a guaranteed day 2 for a formidable player versus the damage they can do to scum later in the game.

At that point in the game, AT BEST, having Archer and me as the players he was willing to vote was blind to the game state.
I agree with the bolded. The vast oversimplification was probably my fault in part, because I was tired and like "What's alter's problem with that?" I still don't see your problem with Caster though, because Caster had quite the difficult time getting into the game (hell, I had to beat a read out of him) and I think you're trying to apply his actions in too broad a context. He's not playing the macro game; he's going with people he feels comfortable calling town at the time. Sure, in the game state at that point, neither you or Archer were getting ganked. But from his perspective it's the best he's got. If anything, it show's he's pretty damn town, because he's down here in the weeds with the rest of us. Scum watch things from on high because they have the information and pick their shots. Town gotta roll through the muck until they figure it out.

Pedit lmao Caster making my point in fewer words
Pedit2 Caster, do you see more Assassin votes coming from somewhere? You're still top. If Assassin vote swaps to himself it's a tie between you two.
I've had a very longstanding townread on Caster. Rereading those first few posts in iso last night tripped a wire, but 1) I was probably overreacting. and 2) much further into his iso just reinforces why he's been a townread for so long. It's not the first time I've looked at his iso.

I'm stressing about the way the wagons have shifted. And, I'm reassessing the top 3 wagons under time pressure.

----------------

I live in fire country and there's a chance I may lose power today/tonight as a fire preventative. I'm keeping everything charged, especially things with hotspot capability. I don't think I'll go dark in the thread today, but it is a possibility. I'm safe and I expect to stay that way, so no worries there.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:13 am

In post 939, Servant Caster wrote:
In post 936, Servant Rider wrote:Pedit2 Caster, do you see more Assassin votes coming from somewhere? You're still top. If Assassin vote swaps to himself it's a tie between you two.
Well, I see one coming from me, and I think he'd be irrational not to vote himself at some point. I only see a few people being explicitly not okay with him, while we just spent a couple pages having berserker, ae, and i think others take dumps on me.

@avenger: I agree that there is a possibility scum would support me due to my lack of leadership qualities, if all three of us are town.. But no, I couldn't care less that Assassin is voting you.
I dunno if all 3 of us are town but I am. :mrgreen:
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:20 am

I wish your reevaluation well AE, stay safe out there. I live in California, but not too close to fire country. I just end up seeing smoke once in a while.

Maybe to help you along, it's possible that mafia are spread relatively evenly among all the wagons. So that each of them stand a decent chance of getting a master.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:21 am

Post by Servant Foreigner »

I think all 3 of these wagons are on town, which probably means I am doing something wrong.
But I am not entirely sure how I am supposed to correct that in the last 10 hours, especially given playing assuming your wrong is likely a bad approach to day 1.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:23 am

Post by Servant Foreigner »

VOTE: Caster

I think I am going to respect Assassin not wanting to be voted in.
I am going Caster over Avenger since I still believe Bottom -> Top of my read list is the superior strategy to going Top -> Bottom this phase.
I'd likely vote Avenger as an act of making Assassin not win.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:25 am

Not really, I'm not sure if all 3 wagons are town, but it wouldn't be too shocking if it was the case.
Mafia are naturally reactive and not proactive, it takes practice and thinking to get over that. Letting town lead the way is relatively natural.

My wagon still has a seat on it for you if you'd like.

pedit: :(
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:25 am

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 938, Servant Avenger wrote:Does assassin voting me, mean nothing to either of you?
Is this directed at me?
Servant Caster wrote:
I still love you Caster, for whatever that might be worth. Also calling what AE said "taking a dump on you" is a bit harsh, IMO. But anyways, even if you, me and Assassin swap to Assassin, that's still only 7. Where's the 8th coming from?

Pedit: now 7th and 8th votes, alright then
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:27 am

We don't need a hammer, it's a plurality, whoever gets the most votes wins even if nobody hammers.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:28 am

Post by Servant Caster »

I've been thinking it was 7 votes this whole time. Math is hard.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:29 am

I too love you caster. Please give me master if you win.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”