Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 860, Servant Alter Ego wrote:Your read weighs most heavily on my mind fwiw. I really want to drop what I'm doing and chase after this, but what I'm working on is turning out to be pretty helpful to me and I'd love to have it fairly complete before we enter the next phase.
What is it about Moon Cancer that makes you give him so much credence? Am I missing something?
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

@Avenger, I don't take it personally. I took it more personally than I should have last night and that's on me. Don't worry about it.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

In post 875, Servant Rider wrote:
In post 860, Servant Alter Ego wrote:Your read weighs most heavily on my mind fwiw. I really want to drop what I'm doing and chase after this, but what I'm working on is turning out to be pretty helpful to me and I'd love to have it fairly complete before we enter the next phase.
What is it about Moon Cancer that makes you give him so much credence? Am I missing something?
It's hard to explain. I think they are town, and based on how they're approaching the game and what they
have
put into the thread, there are some really deep depths to their thoughts where I'm still stuck at close to surface level because of how difficult the avatars and names make it to hold together coherent gestalts of players' stances. I don't dislike the mechanics talk, but it adds another few layers to the cognitive load because there are different worlds being described by different players.

I wish I had been taking detailed notes from the get-go. I'm at 9 pages in a Word document in less than 2 days and this pace is killing me. I haven't done this kind of note-taking about a game in I don't know when.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 872, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I know your read progressions aren't in the thread. Sometimes I see a few words between the lines, but I don't expect to be able reverse engineer your reads with so little to go on.
Why are we collectively okay with this
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by Servant Shielder »

In post 822, Servant Assassin wrote:
In post 816, Servant Berserker wrote:
In post 810, Cabd wrote:
Vote Count M-11

Assassin
(5): Archer, Foreigner, Rider, Moon Cancer, Alter Ego
Avenger (4): Avenger, Berserker, Beast,
Assassin

Caster (3): Saber, Lancer, Caster
Rider (1): Ruler
Saber (1): Shielder

Phase Page Count: 33/60

With 14 servants alive, it takes 8 votes to lock in a master. Otherwise, a master will be selected by plurality rules in: (expired on 2020-09-08 21:23:37)

This should tell you all you need to know about why I'm not okay with Assassin winning this vote. No one should be okay with Assassin wining this vote.

Plus Foreigner and Alter Ego are both ON the wagon?

Nope nope nope nope nope.
lol just lol
In post 823, Servant Assassin wrote:fwiw there probably are scum on my wagon though
In post 874, Servant Alter Ego wrote:
In post 863, Servant Shielder wrote:this sequence is interesting. shading a good post by berserker, then as an afterthought adding some attempt at LAMIST that makes no sense from an actual town mindset. if youre town why would you think scum would want you mastered? or who would the scum on that wagon be?
Who are you talking about in the first sentence? And who are you talking about in the second one?
oh whoops. i selected the posts for multiquote but i guess they didnt post. these two posts are the ones im referring to. both refer to assasin.
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:47 pm

Post by Servant Shielder »

In post 871, Servant Avenger wrote:Shielder, what's your read on me? Sorry If I missed it.
basically townish. although you sometimes are a bit questionable. like when you ask me what i think of you.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by Servant Archer »

out of assassin, avenger, and caster i'd still like assassin
avenger inspires confidence, but caster does not
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:51 pm

Post by Servant Moon Cancer »

In post 878, Servant Caster wrote:Why are we collectively okay with this
You should loosen up a bit. You can't even vote your scum reads in this phase so your issue with people (well, me specifically) being 'cagey' is a bit overblown.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:56 pm

In post 878, Servant Caster wrote:
In post 872, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I know your read progressions aren't in the thread. Sometimes I see a few words between the lines, but I don't expect to be able reverse engineer your reads with so little to go on.
Why are we collectively okay with this
That's a question that demands a collective answer.

For myself, I'm ok with it in this phase because the only thing to someone to influence is my master ability vote, and that vote has been surprisingly impervious to anything but my own grasp of the gamestate and my confidence in the reads on players I'm willing to vote. When I need solid reads on everyone because we're voting to eliminate, then I will need lots of details. But, tbh, in an anonymous game there is always going to be stuff that's locked away, and I have to respect that.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 882, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:
You should loosen up a bit. You can't even vote your scum reads in this phase so your issue with people (well, me specifically) being 'cagey' is a bit overblown.
Theres no night after this phase. Are you going to suddenly start playing when it's day?
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

I'm frustrated because I think the master vote is important and I want all the info I can get to make a good decision unless we're going with me which it seems like we're not.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

I'm not, particularly, but I realized about 10 pages ago the futility of trying to get anything out of them until we're in a gamestate where we can apply meaningful pressure.
Servant Archer wrote:out of assassin, avenger, and caster i'd still like assassin
Go find 2 people to vote Assassin then (not including me and Assassin)
Servant Alter Ego wrote:It's hard to explain. I think they are town, and based on how they're approaching the game and what they
have
put into the thread, there are some really deep depths to their thoughts where I'm still stuck at close to surface level because of how difficult the avatars and names make it to hold together coherent gestalts of players' stances. I don't dislike the mechanics talk, but it adds another few layers to the cognitive load because there are different worlds being described by different players.

I wish I had been taking detailed notes from the get-go. I'm at 9 pages in a Word document in less than 2 days and this pace is killing me. I haven't done this kind of note-taking about a game in I don't know when.
Show me where you're getting this "deep deep thoughts" from. Please.

Pedit: Caster, you realize you're actually the top right now. 5 you, 4 for Assassin and Avenger
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:04 pm

In post 884, Servant Caster wrote:Are you going to suddenly start playing when it's day?
Hmm. You're probably not going to like the answer I give - I'm still considering whether or not I'll do what you're referring to as "starting to play".

I don't think I have a full solve yet and there are things I am expecting to either happen or not happen in the first day phase, so I was planning to stay more or less in observation mode for a little while to see whether things play out like I expect they will.

Needless to say though, I've already said I don't want to be selected today and my upgrade isn't even important to me, so me being less forthcoming with information shouldn't really matter to you in this phase.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by Servant Avenger »

I've been fairly clear with my reads I think.
Though I've been a little more obtuse than I might otherwise be because if I get master I don't want to make it explicitly clear who mafia should NK.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:06 pm

In post 886, Servant Rider wrote:
I'm not, particularly, but I realized about 10 pages ago the futility of trying to get anything out of them until we're in a gamestate where we can apply meaningful pressure.
Servant Archer wrote:out of assassin, avenger, and caster i'd still like assassin
Go find 2 people to vote Assassin then (not including me and Assassin)
Servant Alter Ego wrote:It's hard to explain. I think they are town, and based on how they're approaching the game and what they
have

Show me where you're getting this "deep deep thoughts" from. Please.

Pedit: Caster, you realize you're actually the top right now. 5 you, 4 for Assassin and Avenger
Can this wait? One more project and it's going to be headasplody.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

Yeah, it's not super important right now. I'll remind you later.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 887, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:
In post 884, Servant Caster wrote:Are you going to suddenly start playing when it's day?
Hmm. You're probably not going to like the answer I give - I'm still considering whether or not I'll do what you're referring to as "starting to play".

I don't think I have a full solve yet and there are things I am expecting to either happen or not happen in the first day phase, so I was planning to stay more or less in observation mode for a little while to see whether things play out like I expect they will.

Needless to say though, I've already said I don't want to be selected today and my upgrade isn't even important to me, so me being less forthcoming with information shouldn't really matter to you in this phase.
Right that's what I thought and that's why I'm finding you frustrating.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:31 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

I got a fifth? I must've missed that.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:37 pm

There's 21 hours left and I'm going to sleep soon. So I guess I'll make a final pitch.

Don't let the scum team get their pick.

@Shielder. I see. Can you explain why-in your own reasoning- me asking you what your read of me is, is suspicious?
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 892, Servant Caster wrote:I got a fifth? I must've missed that.
Fourth was Ruler. Fifth is me.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:45 pm

In post 893, Servant Avenger wrote:There's 21 hours left and I'm going to sleep soon. So I guess I'll make a final pitch.

Don't let the scum team get their pick.

@Shielder. I see. Can you explain why-in your own reasoning- me asking you what your read of me is, is suspicious?
Have you said who you think the scum team's pick is?
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:02 pm

It's pretty clear?

1. I stated that I would take control of the game away from them and stated confidently I'm a good choice for master.
2. Caster has not (the devil they don't know) or he's scum either way.
3. Assassin said he didn't not want it. Assassin is voting me. But no votes peeled off and followed him.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:15 pm

I don't actually care who gets selected at this point, personally. I guess I probably should care if they're gonna give out upgrades to people I think are scum, but even then I'm not that worried.

I don't actually mind voting you, I just really care who it is at this point and it's probably going to be decided via plurality anyway.

(I think you're acting like whoever gets selected in this phase is gonna have more sway than other people? I guess that could be why you're talking about it like that. TBH, assuming town gets selected today, I doubt I'll be listening to much they say if they disagree with me so I don't see this as a matter of giving "control of the game" to anyone.)
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:21 pm

In post 896, Servant Avenger wrote:It's pretty clear?

1. I stated that I would take control of the game away from them and stated confidently I'm a good choice for master.
2. Caster has not (the devil they don't know) or he's scum either way.
3. Assassin said he didn't not want it. Assassin is voting me. But no votes peeled off and followed him.
Yeah, that's one universe. Another universe is scum don't value whatever the buffs are as much as they value a team of 4, and they want the least dangerous looking town player (from their perspective) to get the buff.

The only universe I don't believe in is one where scum don't care at all who gets the buff.

The three players I most want to have a consensus with are each voting a different player.

This shakes me a little.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:16 pm

In post 875, Servant Rider wrote:
I'm going to try to make this more reality based and leave out the mystical beings that talk to me via the filling in my left top molar.
  • I'm townreading them
  • They're clearly thinking circles around me in terms of setup spec and digging for setup hints from the mod (boy howdy did I get nowhere with my mod questions about my role).
  • I think they're teamhunting (something I'm not even close to thinking about yet)
  • They, for some reason, don't have you as town.
  • You had concerns about how little of substance they were putting into the game thread initially
  • So did I
  • I got more comfortable with their play and feel way less paranoid about it as I started to see why their approach to the mechanics make sense. To some degree.
  • Meanwhile, I don't think you've reached that level of comfort with them.
  • And they haven't reached a townread of you.
This makes me want to go over everything again and be sure I haven't missed something about both of you.

How are you reading them?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”