Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:04 pm

Post by Servant Assassin »

In post 586, Servant Foreigner wrote:I am unsure I see myself voting Avenger unless I don't want to see the other person voted in.
I think Assassin strikes me as the kind of player who is going to who may end up getting himself lynched down the line.

In comparison to players like Avenger and Alter Ego who I am not actually worried about.
We don't have much time on the deadline does anyone have any big objection to the assassin vote because I think that is the one that is going to be going through.
In post 616, Servant Foreigner wrote:I am advocating either targeting Assassin because I think he gets himself killed or targeting a null read.
I have yet a need to readjust because Assassin has been the leading wagon this entire time.
okay wait a second you think somehow despite being a leading wagon this phase i am somehow going to get myself mislynched down the line?? (i don't get mislynched lmao)
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:12 pm

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

In post 669, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I feel like there's a small hole in this game though, where interactions between you and Rider should be.
Retracting this. Decent amount of game spec going on in this double iso.
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by Servant Foreigner »

AE what do we think about the idea behind voting in Saber?
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:18 pm

Post by Servant Avenger »

I'm slowly growing a town read on Alterego.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:23 pm

Recent things.

1. Game Review.
2. Self correction trying to get accusations right. Seems relatively concerned with the truth.
3. Recognizes the politics but doesn't seem to be controlling it.
4. He probably wants the vote. That recent wall post pinged, but eh. So far so good!
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:32 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

Shielder is just having contrarian reads for the lols because they're scum :)
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:41 pm

Post by Servant Moon Cancer »

In post 674, Servant Assassin wrote:if you could choose to right now who would you use it on
I dunno, the people I think are most likely scum aren't really being town read by anyone atm. That's why I don't actually care.

I guess I'd probably go the opposite route now and use it on a minor town read that isn't being heavily town read by many others, tbh. Maybe Saber? I dunno what the current consensus on that slot is.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:49 pm

In post 677, Servant Foreigner wrote:AE what do we think about the idea behind voting in Saber?
What are your thoughts about Saber? I don't see much mention of them in your iso, Do they fit your ideas about choosing a player to upgrade?
In post 678, Servant Avenger wrote:I'm slowly growing a town read on Alterego.
This surprises me a little.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:05 pm

Why?
Servant Foreigner
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Servant Foreigner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:19 pm

Post by Servant Foreigner »

In post 682, Servant Alter Ego wrote:What are your thoughts about Saber? I don't see much mention of them in your iso, Do they fit your ideas about choosing a player to upgrade?
If I had a good answer to this question I wouldn't be asking the question.
I think I lean town on the slot but a heavy emphasis on the word think.

I think my future involves voting Avenger.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:39 pm

Servant Avenger wrote:Why?
I had to check to be sure when I read that post. In a quick scan of your iso I don't see anything that indicates you weren't townreading me. You've asked me questions, but I don't recall any followup. We've just not had interactions that I'd associate with being carefully weighed over several days.
In post 684, Servant Foreigner wrote:
In post 682, Servant Alter Ego wrote:What are your thoughts about Saber? I don't see much mention of them in your iso, Do they fit your ideas about choosing a player to upgrade?
If I had a good answer to this question I wouldn't be asking the question.
I think I lean town on the slot but a heavy emphasis on the word think.

I think my future involves voting Avenger.
I'm at the point where I need to go through things with a fine tooth comb again, to make sure I've got players meshed right with their posts, and give a deep look at what players say about each other and how that maps to their votes.

For instance, Shielder's Saber vote doesn't have much basis from their catchup posts. And there was a post they made yesterday(?) that I flagged to myself as a possible scum slip (it may be nothing, but I want to keep it on the table. So, Shielder listing a few townreads, most of which aren't controversial, and then votes for the one on the list that I have the weakest read of set off an alarm. Now I want to look at Saber more closely.

If I think about going with something like the sort of vote that Moon Cancer has suggested, then I'd want to vote someone who looks like they could be really awesome as town (especially if they didn't have to fight a lot of paranoia) or really dangerous as scum.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:55 pm

Post by Servant Moon Cancer »

I'm pretty awesome as town and dangerous as scum. Or so I've been told. Just treat this game as an exception to the rule. .. ... ...
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:22 pm

In post 686, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:I'm pretty awesome as town and dangerous as scum. Or so I've been told. Just treat this game as an exception to the rule. .. ... ...
If I were following your approach, I might be voting for you!
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:22 pm

#685: Well, to put it simply. You appeared townie, then I realized you were very engaged in the game and that it would be difficult to give you a true town read because if you're scum you're the good kind. I don't mean you're too townie to be town, merely that it's harder to catch motivated scum(imo) than unmotivated scum. So it goes through another layer of skepticism. There are 15 other players and impressions coalesce over time. Because you're motivated, I don't really have to push you unless I'm scum reading you. I'd say your recent posts pushed me over the edge in that second layer of skepticism towards a lean town enough to express it anyway.

#684: Cool.
Servant Ruler
Servant Ruler
Townie
Servant Ruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:06 pm

Post by Servant Ruler »

Someone talk to me about avenger. Someone that isn't AE (sorry).

I only have the one ping and then a progression on a slot I was already townreading that I kind of like. But that could just be from my impression of AE and not Avengers progression if that makes sense?

Someone be his campaign manager.
Servant Ruler
Servant Ruler
Townie
Servant Ruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:08 pm

Post by Servant Ruler »

In post 685, Servant Alter Ego wrote:If I think about going with something like the sort of vote that Moon Cancer has suggested, then I'd want to vote someone who looks like they could be really awesome as town (especially if they didn't have to fight a lot of paranoia) or really dangerous as scum.
In this hypothetical how do you go about evaluating town leading potential vs scum skill potential with identities off the table? Since I would imagine the line is thin there.
Servant Ruler
Servant Ruler
Townie
Servant Ruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:10 pm

Post by Servant Ruler »

In post 601, Servant Foreigner wrote:No one is gunning to buddy me.
And quite honestly I am fairly open to being praised in exchange for my eternal loyalty.
Wanna hold hands instead?
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:31 am

Post by Servant Berserker »

I don't think Foreigner is particularly town, nor do I trust them to make decisions.

I'm also not sure about Saber's alignment. I worry about anyone who calls me super town and in the same breath tells me that they're "concerned about how I'm confident on Avenger".

Like... my thinking Avenger is town is shaking your core belief I am SO TOWN that much? It shouldn't, it's easy for town to be wrong or for you to disagree with me... and yet you say that?

Makes me feel like you're trying to persuade me off of my vote there or make Avenger less palletable (or perhaps if I stick on him reduce your trust in me so you don't get caught having to work with me?)

It's just a really odd statement from Saber that rubbed me the wrong way, as much as someone finally saying I'm town feels good inside? lol

like no one town reads me. Ever. I'm constantly suspected in all games I'm in for the kind of player I am. Maybe a lot of that is meta based on the kind of game I play, but I like to think a lot of it is just how I play too.
Servant Berserker
Servant Berserker
Goon
Servant Berserker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:33 am

Post by Servant Berserker »

I'm still not against taking the Master myself, btw.

My original push was because of role stuff, but now I'm looking at our options and I'm concerned that people would use this wrong.

I'm okay if not enough people trust me to put it in my hands, but I trust my ability to put the powers on the right people enough that I feel like I'd rather have it than Foreigner, who I know I don't trust.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:56 am

Post by Servant Assassin »

In post 693, Servant Berserker wrote:I'm still not against taking the Master myself, btw.

My original push was because of role stuff, but now I'm looking at our options and I'm concerned that people would use this wrong.

I'm okay if not enough people trust me to put it in my hands, but I trust my ability to put the powers on the right people enough that I feel like I'd rather have it than Foreigner, who I know I don't trust.
if it helps in the last couple days i think i settled decently on you being town but also think you'll probably be very frustrating to work with (sorry)

almost done with that thing i was doing
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:43 am

In post 690, Servant Ruler wrote:
In post 685, Servant Alter Ego wrote:If I think about going with something like the sort of vote that Moon Cancer has suggested, then I'd want to vote someone who looks like they could be really awesome as town (especially if they didn't have to fight a lot of paranoia) or really dangerous as scum.
In this hypothetical how do you go about evaluating town leading potential vs scum skill potential with identities off the table? Since I would imagine the line is thin there.
In an anonymous game, I'd think a lot about narrative shaping and cadence, and what effect those tactics have on the early game. Players who are good at these skills will use them as both alignments, so the effect and the possible motives for wanting that effect are crucial to understand. In a non-anonymous game I would either know a player's capability with these skills or be able to find out via meta research if I've never played with them before.
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:49 am

Post by Servant Shielder »

In post 680, Servant Caster wrote:Shielder is just having contrarian reads for the lols because they're scum :)
this is a bad post. throwing shade without asking any questions or trying to drive the game or scumhunt genuinely.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:36 am

Regarding the other two Tales games.

Abyss: This was described as semi-role-madness. Role character features had no effect on who could be targeted or how effective an action would be against a player as best I can tell. Role PMs weren't published in the flips or postgame.

Vesperia: This was described as full-role-madness. Role character features didn't have effects here, either. PMs were published, though! One of the roles had a secret passive Vengeful ability. The role pm said they were VT. From what I've seen of later games designed by our Benevolent Mod, I wouldn't expect roles in this game to have secret gotchyas. I hope not, anyway.

None of the three towns managed a win. The third game was an absolute rout. Only town were eliminated in the day game, and the Vig also killed town. The entire scum team made it to ExLo.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:58 am

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 696, Servant Shielder wrote:
In post 680, Servant Caster wrote:Shielder is just having contrarian reads for the lols because they're scum :)
this is a bad post. throwing shade without asking any questions or trying to drive the game or scumhunt genuinely.
To quote a wise person of indeterminate gender, "ok scum."
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:00 am

Post by Servant Caster »

I'm surprised no one but berserker has explained why they are not voting for foreigner as I've now brought it up like 4 times.

I'll have to move my vote soon if this continues.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”