SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by SpyreX »

You seem to plug this into just about every post but only since I started calling you out. Yet others are also suspect of you and you haven't called them out. Can you post a case with quotes and evidence or is this straight OMGUS?
I am almost speechless. Almost but not quite.

So, way early on - well before I mentioned you as a suspect (1016) you started bringing up me as a suspect (due to DBE) and talking about the cult and even made the statement:
Does that not scare anyone else?
in reference to the cult being up to 3 members.

This is the first time I ask why you think I'm scummy: here you say I'm not 'scummy' but have trouble swallowing 2 french taunters. Still fairly normal.

PF asks me what I think about the Spanish Inquisition. I, like I still do currently, think that with kill evidence I could see them being an SK versus a cult.

Your response to this is me being #1 suspect for cult because we have a "cult un-recruiter". This post, piece by piece, is where I really started getting a scummy vibe aside from the initial "dont like spyrex"

Lets take a short stroll down memory lane (1073) (WITH BOLDS):
Sorry I'm not posting up a storm. Honestly this game is turning out to be more of a job than a game. I feel like I need to make some kind of graph of what everyone's role is(since everyone felt the need to claim) and who they targetted. Something I understand some people do for every game but I've never wanted nor needed to.

To be short, this game has me quite lost.
SpyreX wrote:
Personally, I think that the flavor leads to our standard mafia (the actual shot on day one) and to an SK - tied to a dish rack and poked to death seem like very "silly" methods to die and, of course, no one expects the Spanish Inquisition; but we do expect mafia. Wink

Does a Cult normally get kills as well as recruits? With the two kills Day 1 and the single kill day 2 I would think that a Cult doesn't make sense - but an SK sure does.
Um...someone had the role of 'cult un-recruiter'...can you explain why we WOULDN'T have a cult please?

And normally the cult can kill OR recruit.

Spyrex goes down in my book as #1 suspect for a cult. Makes sense too since 2 french taunters, 1 scum, 1 town, would be insanely weird.

K7's action on PF makes sense but IM using his action(confirmed) doesn't. Could scum have a role blocker? Yes. Would scum pick IM to block over all the other choices available since everyone had claimed day 1 already? No. Just no.

Don't like K7 or Spyrex.

The rest is just lurker hunting which I normally like but with a growing cult and multiple scum running around I think lurker hunting is a good way to make the town lose quickly.
So, down the list.
1.) For you being lost, you've definitely had opinions up to this point - the "I'm confused" doesn't jive with the focus you've had on K7.
2.) Again, since I'm apparently soo new, I decided to ask the wiki. Lets see if there's any chance of ambiguity this time: (Just posting one spot to save space)
Cults generally do not have a killing ability.
Why are you, again, lauding this (which if it is true is an exception) as the norm? I dont think at this point either of us can trust one another, so I'll ask the people this - find 5 or 10 games with cult, and see how many actually can kill OR recruit.
3.) Why would a cult have a taunter versus the town having one? If you had said you thought I was just lying, sure, but why is one of the cases above more valid than the other? Hell, even the I'm bussing a scum buddy makes more sense than that.
4.) WIFOM at its finest. How many actual roles did we have claimed at the end of Day 1? I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure only DBE and I had fullclaimed and Ironman was the only non-PR to claim (Bruce and Albatross were givens by their PR) so, again, why push so hard for the scum NOT having roleblocked him?
5.) Again, this comes up later - you mention K7 and I in the same breath and, of course, in a negative fashion. The fact that I was not on your scumlist still makes this stand out.
6.) Again Again, this comes up later - you say lurker hunting is bad but your suspicion list consists mostly of lurkers.

As for asking for cases:
K7
Chensi, Azimuth, Internet, TSPN(lurkers)

Now those 4 aren't just lurkers, they have done some things that have raised eyebrows but K7's claim just doesn't add up with IM's confirmed ability and I DON'T see scum blocking IM when there were plenty of other already claimed targets.
I'd like to see your cases on them. What "raised eyebrows" who are all the other claimed targets?

Then, we get to my post that started one of the most hair-pulling discussions I've had on here (which, incidentally, I think covered most of what I've detailed here in abbreviated form).

The fact that discussion went the way it did and, ultimately, any questions I've asked have been flippant replies or just disregarded (since you just need to "educate" me later).

So, yes, I've said "I'm more confident you are scum" not because OMGUS but because of your behavior after our little discussion AND the things you said initially that made me wonder about you.

As for not calling them out - the others who "suspect" me have said that I could be scum with DBE and bussing her. Even though I know its wrong, until my alignment is 100% confirmed that is a valid concern AND there's nothing I could say against it besides "you're wrong".

On the other hand, you've said I'm cult (not scum) because I had the same role as DBE. Why couldn't I be town in this case? Why so sure I'm cult? Hell, isn't this the scope of your entire case on me?
But Spyrex is also my top because of his recent OMGUS kick which is definitely usually something scum resort to(or newbies but he's said multiple times that while he only has a few games under his belt he knows what he's doing so I'm not letting him use the newbie card).
It is NOT an OMGUS kick - if it was I'd have been pushing on you like this from the first damn time you went "I dont like SpyreX". It is the fact that we've spiraled into this retarded discussion and you have patronized and deflected versus answering simple questions around your "scum list". Its the fact that you say we shouldn't lynch lurkers and most of your suspects are lurkers by your own admission. Its..well, you're play. Its been scummy and moreso as this went on.
Therefore, that makes him cult/SK. I'm leaning cult because he's quite adamant that he doesn't think there is one. Does that clear it up a little?
As it sits, the evidence for a cult is SIMPLY the cult un-recruiter. I have thought it would be a red herring because, to me, it seemed like it could be a red herring. We have NO concrete evidence of a Cult - we have evidence of two anti-town killing roles (and, even then only strong evidence for one). PF presented enough evidence (and actual evidence) that I could see the possiblity being stronger for there being a cult. AS I SAID then, until we've got some concrete evidence I'm assuming Maf / SK.

Again, notice that I am not voting for you right now. These discussions make me more convinced you are scum, but I still see Chenshi as a better target because he is, to me, being more scummy. So, yea, I sure put a lot of words together for an OMGUS :roll:
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by Muerrto »

SpyreX wrote:
Muerrto wrote:
To be short, this game has me quite lost.

And normally the cult can kill OR recruit.

Spyrex goes down in my book as #1 suspect for a cult. Makes sense too since 2 french taunters, 1 scum, 1 town, would be insanely weird.

K7's action on PF makes sense but IM using his action(confirmed) doesn't. Could scum have a role blocker? Yes. Would scum pick IM to block over all the other choices available since everyone had claimed day 1 already? No. Just no.

Don't like K7 or Spyrex.

The rest is just lurker hunting which I normally like but with a growing cult and multiple scum running around I think lurker hunting is a good way to make the town lose quickly.
So, down the list.
1.) For you being lost, you've definitely had opinions up to this point - the "I'm confused" doesn't jive with the focus you've had on K7.

2.) Again, since I'm apparently soo new, I decided to ask the wiki. Lets see if there's any chance of ambiguity this time: (Just posting one spot to save space)
Why are you, again, lauding this (which if it is true is an exception) as the norm? I dont think at this point either of us can trust one another, so I'll ask the people this - find 5 or 10 games with cult, and see how many actually can kill OR recruit.

3.) Why would a cult have a taunter versus the town having one? If you had said you thought I was just lying, sure, but why is one of the cases above more valid than the other? Hell, even the I'm bussing a scum buddy makes more sense than that.

4.) WIFOM at its finest. How many actual roles did we have claimed at the end of Day 1? I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure only DBE and I had fullclaimed and Ironman was the only non-PR to claim (Bruce and Albatross were givens by their PR) so, again, why push so hard for the scum NOT having roleblocked him?

5.) Again, this comes up later - you mention K7 and I in the same breath and, of course, in a negative fashion. The fact that I was not on your scumlist still makes this stand out.

6.) Again Again, this comes up later - you say lurker hunting is bad but your suspicion list consists mostly of lurkers.
1. Um..reading my earlier posts about multiple people claiming and me having to make some kind of graph to show it all doesn't sound like I'm a bit jumbled? Is there a reason I'm not allowed to be a little lost like any other player? What part of this makes you think it's contrived? What part doesn't match with my views of K7?

2. Where the hell did you find that in the Wiki? Any cult game I've EVER played in they can kill or recruit. I just recently played in a game with FOUR cults and no scum. Believe me, there's a large difference between the two. But I say AGAIN, drop it. This is mafia theory and has no place in the game. You think you're right, I think I'm right. WTF does that have to do with anything? Of course the cult is anti-town so it doesn't matter what the hell you wanna call them. In fact, the fact you KEEP dwelling on this and NOW are trying to make a case on me off it is one of the reasons I highly suspect you. There's just no reason to keep going on and on about this.

3. How are you confirmed as a taunter? In fact, you said you targetted Strapp who said she targetted you already. I see no taunt there. You keep acting like claiming means you're confirmed which is ridiculous. This has nothing to do with your ability, it has to do with your name. I ask again to everyone, have you ever seen a theme game with two people with the same name?

4. I'm not. I'm saying it's a possibility, I have all game. But if you combine K7's 'target' and his lurking, lack of content etc. why is it so amazing I find him scummy? In fact, several others put K7 on their list. Why are you so focused on me putting him on my list? Interesting...Simply reinforcing my suspiscions of you.

5. AGAIN, I don't think you're SCUM. I think you're anti-town!!! If YOU don't see a difference I'm sorry. But WTF does that have to do with me? Why would I list you as scum when I don't think you're scum???? And why do you keep harping on it repeatedly?

6. And your list contains me with strickly OMGUS reasons(in fact you admitted the OMGUS). Your other reasons are because I suspect K7, but so do alot of other people. So how does that make me scummy and not others? Your points just don't add up.

Half your points are mafia theory and the rest are a mix of OMGUS and points that apply to nearly everyone currently in the game. Is this your entire case?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:53 pm

Post by SpyreX »

1. Um..reading my earlier posts about multiple people claiming and me having to make some kind of graph to show it all doesn't sound like I'm a bit jumbled? Is there a reason I'm not allowed to be a little lost like any other player? What part of this makes you think it's contrived? What part doesn't match with my views of K7?

2. Where the hell did you find that in the Wiki? Any cult game I've EVER played in they can kill or recruit. I just recently played in a game with FOUR cults and no scum. Believe me, there's a large difference between the two. But I say AGAIN, drop it. This is mafia theory and has no place in the game. You think you're right, I think I'm right. WTF does that have to do with anything? Of course the cult is anti-town so it doesn't matter what the hell you wanna call them. In fact, the fact you KEEP dwelling on this and NOW are trying to make a case on me off it is one of the reasons I highly suspect you. There's just no reason to keep going on and on about this.

3. How are you confirmed as a taunter? In fact, you said you targetted Strapp who said she targetted you already. I see no taunt there. You keep acting like claiming means you're confirmed which is ridiculous. This has nothing to do with your ability, it has to do with your name. I ask again to everyone, have you ever seen a theme game with two people with the same name?

4. I'm not. I'm saying it's a possibility, I have all game. But if you combine K7's 'target' and his lurking, lack of content etc. why is it so amazing I find him scummy? In fact, several others put K7 on their list. Why are you so focused on me putting him on my list? Interesting...Simply reinforcing my suspiscions of you.

5. AGAIN, I don't think you're SCUM. I think you're anti-town!!! If YOU don't see a difference I'm sorry. But WTF does that have to do with me? Why would I list you as scum when I don't think you're scum???? And why do you keep harping on it repeatedly?

6. And your list contains me with strickly OMGUS reasons(in fact you admitted the OMGUS). Your other reasons are because I suspect K7, but so do alot of other people. So how does that make me scummy and not others? Your points just don't add up.
1.) Its not simply "I'm confused." Its, I'm confused, but due to the interplay between these players I am convinced player X is scum that makes the confused part seem contrived.

2.) Under the definition for the word Cult. :P

3.) I am NOT confirmed as the taunter. Your posts about it are "two taunters don't make sense." If you do not think there are two taunters, say I am lying and go for it. Dont talk out both sides at the same time.

4.) Where have you said that a roleblock was a real possibility? Hell, I dont care about the push on K7 by you - its the method of it and the fact you still haven't voted. You've been pushing this "I dont like X or Y" but yet never voting for either.

5.) This must be a problem in our semantic debate. However, I still find a huge issue with someone asking for scum suspects and, assuming the scum != cult, at the minimum at that point saying "I would still rather lynch SpyreX because I think he is cult." Pushing and pushing and not putting down a vote or doing anything about it is shady.

6.) It is not OMGUS reasons. If it was any other damn player that was saying "I dont like Player X, I dont like Player X, Players A, B, C are my suspects" I'd have done the exact same thing - the fact it was ME made me see it quicker because, like everyone, I tend to pay attention when its my name mentioned.
Half your points are mafia theory and the rest are a mix of OMGUS and points that apply to nearly everyone currently in the game. Is this your entire case?
The mafia theory is applicable because of your focus on the cult. There is a possibility of cult, but it is not definite. The fact that you have placed me into a SPECIFIC scum group that we do not have evidence even exists makes me question the reasons. So, yes, when we are theorizing about the setup theory does and will play a role.

My "a pinch of OMGUS" statement was in the fact that, partially, the fact you've been saying my name over and over is what made me look. It doesn't change what I found after I looked though.

No, half the game hasn't made statements that stand out to me as suspect. Half the game hasn't just ignored the majority of the questions I've asked in our discussions.

So, yes, this is my entire case right now. Just because I cant seem to be cordial with you - what's your case on me? That two taunters doesn't make sense for one to be town? And...?

Also - I dont know if you're doing it deliberately or not, but AGAIN the question I wanted clarifiaction you skipped. What "raised eyebrows" on your other suspects?

Ultimately, it seems like no one else is interested in any of this exchange and its just becoming white noise. I'll take a step back and maybe other avenues of discussion will open up.
Show

Proud member of BaM
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:15 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

muerrto wrote: @TSPN: As for the bridgekeeper. So what you're saying isn't that you doubt the existance of the bridge keeper since it's been confirmed twice, but for some reason you take Spyrex's answers as he posted them at face value and call it an investigation confirming him? Did I get that right?
One assumes that if his answers had differed from what the bridgekeeper received, he might have said something about it.
Azimuth
Azimuth
Goon
Azimuth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:27 pm

Post by Azimuth »

Okay, here are my thoughts. I will begin with three suspects.

killa seven: He is at the top because his “revelation” in post 904 led directly to the lynch of a town player. Obviously there must have been an alternate explanation for why his Night 1 action went through, but his terse style left no room for other possibilities. I also don’t like how he basically forced PokerFace and strappado out into the open with his first post on Day 2, or how he hammered DBE while there were still discussions going on in Day 1. Beyond that, his short posts have been largely unhelpful almost to the level of chenhsi. Whatever the intentions might have been, I believe his in-game actions have caused the most harm to the town so far, and his style of play has not helped. He deserves a chance to explain himself, but to mark my suspicions...

Vote: killa seven

Now to JordanA24. I don’t have a lot on him, mainly because he did not post a lot; nine posts in the first two game days, only five with any real content. He caught my attention because it seemed he would pop in, throw around a bunch of suspicion in several directions, then disappear again. (See post 477 as an example of this.) I suppose he showed up more on my radar when he asked me a bizarre question about modkills, viewing them as a “free lynch.” That’s all I have to say for now, other than that I have not found imaginality to be overly suspicious in his place...yet.

Finally, strappado. I guess I’m surprised she has not attracted more suspicion today considering Day 1 and Day 2. At least we know why Mirth was so upset when strappado revealed Mr. Vibrating as a character in the game, which I still find to have been completely unnecessary. No one would call her a lurker since she has made so many posts, but a significant percentage have been devoid of content. I don’t suppose I need to give examples, but I bet 993 would have leapt out even if it hadn’t been about me. Was any part of that post meant to be enlightening or even helpful? Beyond that, she was quick to put Iron Man at L-2 after K7's “revelation,” she started and is pushing the almost-too-easy chenhsi bandwagon at this point, and she even listed me as a suspect out of the blue after others had done the same, only with no explanation whatsoever. I think she deserves more attention.

Now, other thoughts.

Regarding chenhsi: at first he was not in my top three because I did not see any direct mafia tells, but now I realize that he is deliberately not contributing any tells to the game at all. I suppose now the only reason he isn’t in my top three is some wariness at the quickness of today’s bandwagon (and some of the people who are on it), but I agree that he is certainly not helping the town at all. Call him a close fourth place.

PokerFace, I will have to reread your posts again. Not to look for alignment clues, but to try to understand some of your theories. I know you’ve been through a lot, flavor- and night-wise, but sometimes I don’t know how you have reached some of your conclusions. I think I disagree with some of them, but is that because I don’t understand them? Or is it the other way around: perhaps I only think I don’t understand them because I disagree with them? One example would be your rationale why you think K7 is town in post 985. (For what it’s worth, I don’t think that killa seven’s alignment necessarily reflects on PokerFace’s; if K7 is ever shown to be mafia, I wouldn’t conclude the same for PF and I’m not sure why anyone would.) Like I said, I will do some re-reading of your posts to see if they make better sense this time around, but for now I would like to ask one question. In posts 1120 and 1123, you talked about how “scum [potentially could have] killed and blocked two skills.” I’m wondering which two blocks you are talking about (I only see references to the possible block of Iron Man in your previous posts) and, more importantly, why you think “scum” must have done the blocking. Sorry if this is explained in the game elsewhere or if I’m misunderstanding you, but can you clarify that statement?

Lord Gurgi and farside22 seem overly chummy today; if I understand them correctly, each seems sure that the other is town. I wonder how they can be so sure. I did notice that both of them continued to list me as a suspect after I addressed their suspicions. If they think I did not address them adequately, I guess I’d like to know specifically why.

Regarding what Luigi’s death signifies: I guess I initially thought that he was the victim of a vigilante, since he seemed so suspicious on Day 1. I’m not sure, but I thought someone had brought up that possibility; can’t remember who. I suppose that there could be a SK or even a “killing cult” (not that I’ve ever experienced the latter), but that would mean a killer may have been blocked last night. Perhaps this is about as far as speculation can go without fishing for more roles; I suppose the number of deaths on Night 3 may help sort some of this out.

Now to respond, at long last, to imaginality’s post 1050:
imaginality wrote:
Azimuth wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:I notice that he has never done any scum hunting of his own, only followed what the town has been saying and asking an occasional question. This makes me lean to the scum side.
I don't quite agree with this characterization; how is asking questions not hunting? It's true that most topics weren't started by me, mainly because nothing happened to me overnight -- unlike, apparently, many others -- and I was mostly trying to catch up with the posts of those others and make sense of them. There are only so many topics that can be brought up, after all; I'm not going to invent some new crazy topic just to satisfy someone else's idea of hunting.
That answer is a bit evasive. You don't have to 'invent some crazy new topic', you can further the scumhunt by offering insights, arguments and suggestions (and yes, questions) on the main issues, rather than simply summarise and agree with what's already been said.
I guess that’s part of my point: for the most part I think I’ve done that. Certainly I didn’t just “summarise and agree with what's already been said.” I would highlight the points that stood out to me and give my opinion on them. I’m just wary of this meme that I am somehow not contributing, or even that I am “lurking,” which could not be further from the truth. Posting every two or three days isn’t considered lurking in most games; just because a handful of people have inflated their post count almost beyond measure doesn’t mean that the rest of us are hiding.
imaginality wrote:I also didn't much like your posts during Day 2 where you said:
The only possible thing that I can think of is that Iron Man's ability (giving someone else's night choice a random target, if I have that correctly) seems quite chaotic, and not one that could be used effectively in any pro-town capacity. But does that mean he's mafia?
and
Just chiming in to say that I was quite close to placing a vote on Iron Man too, mainly because his ability doesn't seem to be pro-town (but also for the other reasons -- lurking, possible contradiction, etc.)
because I think it is pretty clear that in a Monty Python theme game, there are going to be at least a few roles capable of creating chaos and confusion, and there's no reason to assume that such a role would be given to a scum player rather than a townie. So you giving that as your main reason for (almost) voting Iron Man doesn't sit well with me.
I don’t know; I still think it was as good a reason as any, although because of it I’ve now soured on the notion of making lynches based on roles (as I mentioned at the end of my post 1006). Beyond that, it’s pretty easy to criticize one’s reasons for suspecting a revealed town player now that we all have the benefit of hindsight.
imaginality wrote:And then there's the not voting thing that Lord Gurgi mentioned, which on Day 2 does look bad: by saying you're suspicious of Iron Man but not going to the extent of putting a vote on him, you conveniently look good whether he turns up scum ("See, I said he was suspicious") or town ("See, I didn't vote him").
Well, if I were claiming to be town based on my not voting Iron Man, I suppose you’d have a point, but I’m not. If you actually looked at that part of the game, you would see that at least four players (farside22, PokerFace, SpyreX, and I) were talking about voting Iron Man. Only one of us could actually hammer; does that mean the other three have to be suspicious?

That’s the problem with the “mafia might do this because of Reason X” argument, especially if a town player might do the exact same thing for Reason Y. It’s misleading if you don’t actually look at the game and see what really happened.

That will have to be enough for now, since I refuse to deprive myself of sleep for this game. (For watching the Olympics, maybe - - but not for this game.) :D
<Boooo
It's been a busy year, but I want to be back someday.
Oh, and...WAR KITTENS??
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:33 am

Post by Muerrto »

Sigh this back and forth is pointless but you seem to enjoy arguing.
SpyreX wrote:1.) Its not simply "I'm confused." Its, I'm confused, but due to the interplay between these players I am convinced player X is scum that makes the confused part seem contrived.

Where did I say I'm convinced? I'm not even voting you or K7 at this time. Like I said, some people are more careful with their vote than others and without K7 making any further comment I'm not about to place my vote on him.

And just because I think you're cult doesn't mean I'm ready to vote you either. I don't like your claim, period. You're not gonna get anything better than that. Have you really done anything overtly scummy? No. Have I EVER seen a duplicate claim in any theme game I've ever played? No.

3.) I am NOT confirmed as the taunter. Your posts about it are "two taunters don't make sense." If you do not think there are two taunters, say I am lying and go for it. Dont talk out both sides at the same time.

Where am I talking out both sides? I've said your claim is bogus since the very start of day 2. I've not felt like lynching you for it because there were other more worthy candidates(IM, now K7) but I don't buy your claim, period. Haven't since DBE's was revealed.

4.) Where have you said that a roleblock was a real possibility? Hell, I dont care about the push on K7 by you - its the method of it and the fact you still haven't voted. You've been pushing this "I dont like X or Y" but yet never voting for either.

Again, I guard my vote till I'm sure. I also didn't vote DBE till I was sure. I also didn't vote IM till I was sure. Some people like to throw theirs around, some don't. There are several people not currently voting. Have you questioned them?

As for where I said the roleblock was a possibility? Several times. I'll quote later if you want me to but you can read back just as easily. Have I said I buy it? No. But I HAVE said it's a possibility every single time.

5.) This must be a problem in our semantic debate. However, I still find a huge issue with someone asking for scum suspects and, assuming the scum != cult, at the minimum at that point saying "I would still rather lynch SpyreX because I think he is cult." Pushing and pushing and not putting down a vote or doing anything about it is shady.

Ignoring this. Explained it multiple times.

6.) It is not OMGUS reasons. If it was any other damn player that was saying "I dont like Player X, I dont like Player X, Players A, B, C are my suspects" I'd have done the exact same thing - the fact it was ME made me see it quicker because, like everyone, I tend to pay attention when its my name mentioned.

Break that habit. Town vote town, town lynch town, just as easily as scum lynch town and town lynch scum(and scum lynch scum etc). Because someone's attacking you does not make them scum.

Answer me this. You're not Spyrex. You're another player. Spyrex counter claims DBE with the same role name(possibly different abilities we don't know since DBE could've lied about that). DBE comes up with the role she claimed. You now automatically buy Spyrex's claim of the exact same name as scum? If you said yes...I'm not sure how we can go any further with this discussion. Remember, 3rd person, you don't know your role.
I'll respond to the rest tonight. OMW to work.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:59 am

Post by elvis_knits »

SpyreX wrote: So, down the list.
/agree... I usually think it's scummy for people to play the "confused card."
spyrex wrote: 2.) Again, since I'm apparently soo new, I decided to ask the wiki. Lets see if there's any chance of ambiguity this time: (Just posting one spot to save space)
I know I was in BM's elementla mafia (with four cults) and the cult could either recruit or kill each night. SO that's one example. And I know Muerrto was in that game with me, so that's probably why he brought it up.

BUT I do think Muerrto has been much less helpful and involved in this game than he was in elemental mafia. Which makes me suspicious of him.

I still support a chenhsi lynch, but I am also suspicious of Muerrto for his difference in playstyle from elemental, and the arguments he is using against spyrex.

unvote; vote muerrto
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:38 am

Post by strappado »

Just some meta, and a reason for why I'd be cautious to vote Muerrto - I was just in another game and he got into a very heated spat with another player, it was ALOT of back and forth that created more and more nonsense - and ofcourse both were town. I think it's just his play style to pick someone and go at it with ferocity. Not saying he isn't quite possibly scum, but I feel so much more confident on chenhsi at the moment.
http://strappado.mybrute.com
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:56 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

I agree. . . and I'm also going to go ahead and ask if anyone
really
wants chenhsi around at endgame. I don't think he's going to be high on scum kill lists anytime soon.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:01 am

Post by farside22 »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:I agree. . . and I'm also going to go ahead and ask if anyone
really
wants chenhsi around at endgame. I don't think he's going to be high on scum kill lists anytime soon.
unvote:
vote: TSPN

Seriously I know his play is terrible but asking people to vote him out right now because of end game is terrible logic. We should be looking for scum not gettting rid of a player that is contributing. I'm hopeful that the mod will eventual replace him so we can get someone who wants to play, playing the game.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:18 am

Post by PokerFace »

Azimuth wrote:PokerFace, I will have to reread your posts again. Not to look for alignment clues, but to try to understand some of your theories. I know you’ve been through a lot, flavor- and night-wise, but sometimes I don’t know how you have reached some of your conclusions. I think I disagree with some of them, but is that because I don’t understand them? Or is it the other way around: perhaps I only think I don’t understand them because I disagree with them? One example would be your rationale why you think K7 is town in post 985. (For what it’s worth, I don’t think that killa seven’s alignment necessarily reflects on PokerFace’s; if K7 is ever shown to be mafia, I wouldn’t conclude the same for PF and I’m not sure why anyone would.) Like I said, I will do some re-reading of your posts to see if they make better sense this time around, but for now I would like to ask one question. In posts 1120 and 1123, you talked about how “scum [potentially could have] killed and blocked two skills.” I’m wondering which two blocks you are talking about (I only see references to the possible block of Iron Man in your previous posts) and, more importantly, why you think “scum” must have done the blocking. Sorry if this is explained in the game elsewhere or if I’m misunderstanding you, but can you clarify that statement?
I think you may have misunderstood me. Perhaps I should word things better now. If the Scum can block and kill, then they can effectivly stop 2 actions. One action they can stop via the block, and the other they can stop via the kill.

Those that claimed day 1 and survived to night 1

SpyreX - did give action
Ironman - Did not give action on that day
Gurgi - Did not give action
Bruce - Did not give action

Other Data

Gurgi said his action was nulled due PR breaking

So scum only have to stop 3 possible actions from those that claimed, so they "could have":
Blocked Iron Man
Killed Imaginality
And left SpyreX alone considering his role claim is the same as Darla's

Keep in mind that these are only assumptions. I don't know know if the Spainish Inquistion is part of mafia or an SK so its possible scum couldn't plan their actions like this. And its also possible Scum can't role block further changing things.

As it stands I currently lean towards the possibility a lurker like Ironman did not get his action in on time, and Shaft.ed didn't count it.
PokerFace wrote:Ok then 2 options with Ironman's skill not working. 1 he was roleblocked by scum or 2...
shaft.ed wrote:
the colonel wrote:Now, I'm awake but it seems a few of you are still sawing it off. Now, I'll give you slackers 24 hours to have completed your night actions before I wake everyone up. Get along then, ten nine, eight and all that.
Someone who lurks like ironman i can see getting a skill in too late and the colonel/shaft.ed not counting it. This same warning was not posted during night 2 when ironman was dead and thus not possibly late on a second action. Either way I know ironman's skill did not take effect.

My current view of Muerto, is I agree that he doesn't seem like himself from
Elemental Mafia, a cult game where cult's could kill and recruit.
Here's the link:
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8167
(If I find more cult games where they could kill and recruit. I'll let you see the links)

His supisions and coments do come off as a bit contradictory as I said before, and so this recent fray between him and SpyreX does perplex me. The situation doesn't quiet look OMGUS from either direction since they have both made some valid points from my view. Though Muerto not voting and supporting his suspicions on SpyreX does give me the impression he is not being entirely genuine with his suspicions.

Instead of following through with his own views against lurker lynches and proceeding with lynching SpyreX; Muerto is going after the lurkers just like a vast majority of other players here. So it looks to me like he is in some ways, saying one thing and doing another. It kinda looks hypocrtical. And I wonder if he is performing these actions/holding those suspicions in order to go with the flow of everyone else.

@Muerto,
could you respond to this:
PokerFace wrote:hmm... so you think he has a good chance of being cult (because he doesn't think there is one), but otherwise don't suspect him considering he isn't scummy compared to those you earlier mentioned.
Is that what you are saying Muerto?

I can see why Muerto's comments have come off as somewhat contradictory. Since Muerto wants to lynch the cult, it would make sence he would want to vote for and scumhunt someone who has a good chance of being cult. I think this is the conection SpyeX is making. Muerto, do you see you previous suspects as having a good chance of being in a cult? Do you want to lynch cult or scum(Mafia, SK, etc) first or does it not matter to you who goes first?
I myself have played alot of theme games, and have never seen two players claim to be the same character, and then later, both turn up that character. One has always turned up a liar and they have been scum.
Here we had one tell the truth about there character and turn up scum so that certainly puts a new spin on things. I myself have conisdered the possibility of SpyreX being in different scum group than darla's. I don't think his position on the cult possibly being a red herring, necessarily makes him a definite cult suspect (Would that make him a recruit or a recruiter?). I myself have mentioned being wary of his claim, but aside from the claim I have seen SpyeX as fairly protown so I'm not sure what to make of the entire situation. I guess I'd call it beyond logical, beyond silly, beyond anything I'm used to.

The part of me that loves to vig on night 0 and boasts about his IRC scum kill accuracy in MD, wishes I was a simple vig so that I could understand my role and go on a killing spree of lurkers and other things that confuse me. :twisted: That way, not too much time is spent discussing the too confusing and the too lurky. :D No one apreciates this joke, do they? I need to stop playing violent video games on my days off.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:06 am

Post by SpyreX »

Muerrto wrote:Answer me this. You're not Spyrex. You're another player. Spyrex counter claims DBE with the same role name(possibly different abilities we don't know since DBE could've lied about that). DBE comes up with the role she claimed. You now automatically buy Spyrex's claim of the exact same name as scum? If you said yes...I'm not sure how we can go any further with this discussion. Remember, 3rd person, you don't know your role.
(I am using your vernacular) (this is all theory talk)
As scum? Yes - I could see a scum partner bussing another. As sk, probably not, as cult, most likely not. As scum, its a gamble but one that may pay off - you've got enough members to proabably avoid the hang for a few days and be a focus point (thereby protecting your scum partners). SK - you're putting some unwanted attention on yourself and really threatening losing really fast if there is an investigative role (becasuse the double-role IS out of the norm). As cult? No. For that to have happened Day 1 I would have had to been the original cult member. I would be putting myself up for investigation or a hang before I could even grow my faction. Maybe on day two or three I would have had a DIFFERENT member pull that (if only the leader can recruit) but I would do about everything in my power to keep that recruiter safe and pro-town. Of course, I would always give credence to the town factor because, really, a townie makes the most sense for being that quick to counter-claim (knowing its going to throw suspicion) AND the fact DBE was scum.

So, personally, with a double claim like this my thought process would be:
Town 40%
Scum bussing Scum 40%
SK 15%
Cult 5%

So, if the claim was that you didn't believe me because I could be scum bussing them, sure. Its the fact I'm specifically cult, which to me makes the least sense out of all the alternatives that really makes me wonder.
Muerrto wrote:Break that habit. Town vote town, town lynch town, just as easily as scum lynch town and town lynch scum(and scum lynch scum etc). Because someone's attacking you does not make them scum.
Of course not. Like I said, if it was any player who was in that setup and I was paying attention to the flow I would have raised suspicions about it. The fact that it was revolved around me didn't "change" that - it just made me pay that much more attention.
PF wrote:I myself have played alot of theme games, and have never seen two players claim to be the same character, and then later, both turn up that character. One has always turned up a liar and they have been scum.
That is pretty much the norm. :) I like being the exception that proves the rule apparently. Although, the only thing I can bring up is, for whatever reason, DBE lied about what her role does (or the card flips are actively ambiguous) - so, there was a "lie" in this mess, just not what I expected it to be about.

As for the vig.. I'd give my right eye about now to be a vig, so I feel ya. :P
Show

Proud member of BaM
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:34 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Azimuth: Addressing suspicions does'nt make them disappear.
EVERYONE CEASE SOFTCLAIMING.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:43 am

Post by Muerrto »

SpyreX wrote:As scum? Yes - I could see a scum partner bussing another.
Even though DBE wasn't under fire at that time? Bussing seemed unneccessary. The only way I'll think you're on DBE's side is if you claim it or flip it. Sorry, but that was not bussing.

Now that's also good for you since it means you're either town or other. I'm not voting you because as PF said, the only thing is the claim. You've not really done anything scummy. I'd keep an open mind in the future about ideas about other factions present etc since otherwise it looks like you're inside one, but the claim is the only thing bothering me about you and it will till you flip.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:46 am

Post by imaginality »

SpyreX wrote:So, personally, with a double claim like this my thought process would be:
Town 40%
Scum bussing Scum 40%
SK 15%
Cult 5%
What about the possibility of it being another scum but from a different group? I.e. a member of mafia group A counterclaiming a member of mafia group B? I know we only had one kill last night, but there could have been a doc save, so I don't think we should yet rule out the possibility of there being two mafia groups.

Not saying it's a big probability, but curious why you didn't even consider it.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Muerrto »

PokerFace wrote:
@Muerto,
could you respond to this:
PokerFace wrote:hmm... so you think he has a good chance of being cult (because he doesn't think there is one), but otherwise don't suspect him considering he isn't scummy compared to those you earlier mentioned.
Is that what you are saying Muerto?

I can see why Muerto's comments have come off as somewhat contradictory. Since Muerto wants to lynch the cult, it would make sence he would want to vote for and scumhunt someone who has a good chance of being cult. I think this is the conection SpyeX is making. Muerto, do you see you previous suspects as having a good chance of being in a cult? Do you want to lynch cult or scum(Mafia, SK, etc) first or does it not matter to you who goes first?
I already did but sure. I just answered the first one a second ago to Spyrex. It's all about his claim. I just don't buy it. I've never seen a dup claim in a theme game...ever. I won't ever buy it till I see it.

As for the second, right now I wanna see others scum hunting who haven't been really. Some people have yet to post their lists so far as I can tell. I don't trust Spyrex, but it's not LYLO and I'm not gonna lynch him because of his claim at this time. Not to mention I have no support for it so it's simply a waste of the town's time.

And as for my participation. I don't think I've lurked in the least. I've contributed o the discussion quite a bit and posted pretty consistently. But in elemental I had a job where I could access this site during work. Now I don't. I check the board when I get home, sometimes in the morning too. That's about it. But I'd say I've posted at least every other day except weekends. I think calling my participation into play is a pretty low blow since I don't feel it's been lacking. And voting me for it?

That's just weak.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:51 am

Post by Muerrto »

EBWOP: Oh, and I ran the town in elemental because I knew I was invincible after I had to claim so until I started pulling suspiscion I had no fear (untargetable at night townie). I usually lead the discussion in newbie games as well but here it's not the same case. I'm obviously not invincible(although it'd be nice) and the players here are a bit more seasoned so I'm content running with the pack rather than heading it up. But to say I'm falling behind the pack is false.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:43 am

Post by The Internet »

Alright I'm back, and here's my scum list
Muerrto (oddly selective scumhunting patterns, keeps trying to dodge questions with semantics)
TheSweatpantsNinja (Wishy washy votes which appear to attempt to start or join bandwagons)
chenshi(what else? lurking and contradictions)

Of those, I think Chenshi is the least scummy,but still must be considered. I also would not discount Chenshi being mafia, because he be not listening or being bussed. Before you leap at me for not listing K7, I was unclear about he did N1, but It has been clarified for me. Also, to those listing me on their list, have you read my posts in my defense? Also, to PF specifically, what do you mean by the softclaim?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:04 am

Post by PokerFace »

Also, to PF specifically, what do you mean by the softclaim?
Huh? Which post of mine are you refering to where I said that? I'm a bit deprived of sleep right now so I can't honestly remember. Can you refresh my memory on what you're talking about?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:08 am

Post by The Internet »

PokerFace wrote:
Also, to PF specifically, what do you mean by the softclaim?
Huh? Which post of mine are you refering to where I said that? I'm a bit deprived of sleep right now so I can't honestly remember. Can you refresh my memory on what you're talking about?
Post number 1130, where you said
The Internet (Breadcrumb Hunting,
The Softclaim
, The K7 hunt / defending Chenshi)
Emphasis mine.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:14 am

Post by PokerFace »

SpyreX wrote:
Where did it say he was shot SpyreX?
I am apparently losing my mind. I swear it said he was shot - but, rereading, it sure doesn't one bit - just slain.
SpyreX's claim was same name, different powers. Something to note.
Yes, my role is French Taunter that taunts someone to target me. DBE said she was a French Taunter that RB'd (but came up role attractor).

I really dont think the cult is as likely as an SK - I can not think of a way the Unrecruiter would have worked that wouldn't have broken the game; I think it was a flavor name for Brian.

As for suspects:
Chenshi (Lurking, but obviously here, saying he's made statements he hasn't, no contribution (as well as some ongoing game meta).
Muerrto (I'll give a full case later, but a pinch of OMGUS, the odd focus on the cult (and me being in it), the "hunting lurkers is bad, my suspects (aside from K7) are suspects for lurking and the fact I, who he's brought up more than once, isn't even on there)
The Internet (Breadcrumb Hunting, The Softclaim, The K7 hunt / defending Chenshi)

Why the K7 thing bothers me at this point:
Yes, K7 COULD be scum, but of everyone he's tied himself tightest to another player. Although there are scenarios where K7 is scum and PF isn't, the Razor suggests to me that they are both the same alignment and, due to PF, I believe them to be town. Of course, the fact that K7 gives another player a night action could be very handy (one of the roles that has been claimed that would make sense for scum to get rid of).

I think I K7 lynch is a bad call today, Personally. The Fact is that although I dont like his play, he's made the connection that I dont think needs to be called out at this moment.

Of them, Chenshi is definitely far higher on my list today.
Um this is post 1130. It's written by SpyreX, not me. Are you deprived of sleep too and thefore confusing us?
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:45 am

Post by The Internet »

Ooops. Sorry. I thought of that a few days ago (internet worked poorly, so didn'y have time to compose posts) must have forgitten author.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:32 am

Post by strappado »

chenhsi hasn't posted anything since August 12th - 5 days ago. He said he was V/LA until yesterday, so hopefully he'll post something worthwhile (although I doubt it). I'd just like to note that since his last post in this game, he has made 62 posts on mafiascum, a handful of those being /in's for other games.

This is absolutely ridiculous. He hasn't said much, but what he has said has been scummy. When asked direct questions, he dodges, answers with another question, completely ignores it, or other scummy techniques. His insincere comment on the NK was the icing.

This is not a "lurker lynch" this is a scum lynch. He's played as scummy as possible, and just because he refuses to post in this game, I'm not going to give him a free pass, and I really dont see why anyone else would want to at this point.

As far as you, Azimuth, prior to putting you on my scum list, I did make it known that I was getting suspicious of you, so it did not "come out of nowhere" and if you'd note it, my list came before everyone elses, so you can swallow that argument.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:38 am

Post by strappado »

anyway, my point was (sorry for the double post.) My main suspect is chenhsi and I would like to interrogate him and engage him in conversation/debate, but unfortunately he's not a willing participant. I'm not going to put my attention on someone else I find less scummy just because my top suspect is playing the deaf&dumb game. I can't talk with someone who isn't talking, so I'm at a loss.

Chenhsi- start talking, start conversating, start defending, or ask for a replacement already. I think you're scum and I'd like to get you lynched today if possible, but there are too many pansies here afraid to lynch you because you're quiet. enough already, be respectful to the game and bow out.

Also - I promise if he is replaced, I wont hold the other person responsible for chenhsi's lurking, I will hold them responsible only for what they say and how they behave. I've replaced in to enough games where my predecessor lurked and I know its impossible to answer to that - so I will give a replacement the benefit of the doubt on that, but I'll expect alot more posting and I'll have plenty of questions to ask.

But I think he's scummy enough on his own right now to lynch and I'd be comfortable with that today

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”