Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:19 am

Post by Johoohno »

Vote count
(8 players alive = 5 to lynch before deadline)

Not voting:
Gremwell, MafiaMann, Mariyta, Rage, raverblood, sekinj, Singing Librarian, thinktank

Deadline:
Thursday 4 September 2:00 PM (GMT -5 according to forum clock)
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:27 am

Post by MafiaMann »

The admiral did have a vote on maryata just a possiblity.
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:38 am

Post by Mariyta »

MafiaMann wrote:The admiral did have a vote on maryata just a possiblity.
Mar
iy
ta

It's pronounced Mar-EE-ta.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:15 am

Post by thinktank »

MafiaMann wrote:The admiral did have a vote on maryata just a possiblity.
Don't analyze NKs. Only leads to WIFOM.
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:24 am

Post by sekinj »

So, I'm wondering if I am insane...

and it turns out ThAdmiral was being serious when he said he was at the Village Inn. According to my notes, there are two more sections, and only one of those sections is currently in use.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by Mariyta »

thinktank wrote:
MafiaMann wrote:I see a few possibilities besides OMGL is lieing or sekinj is lieing...
I like this. One of them doesn't necessarily have to be scum, they could both be somewhere in between. I still need to hear from OMGL though..
thinktank, a few pages later wrote:We know definitely that one of them is lying. Figuring out which one is lying is a herculean feat in itself because it seems that even they do not know which one of them is lying. Meaning either one or both of them are scum or some of the information that they've been given is false, which is also bad for the town.
A) Which is it? B) Do you still feel the same?

Raver
: Doesn't posit a single thought of his own. "Gets" an idea from Rage (about the people being closest to the baron), then votes Rage after thinktank throws a stink

Gremwell
: Has made exactly zero useful posts, jumps on the OGML wagon at the last minute.

Vote Gremwell

Also, I'm still unsure about how to take Sekinj. If he was really giving us the information he has, it's obviously false or he interpreted wrong. He could just as easily have that information as scum, though I can't fathom why scum would claim so early.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

Sekinj what do you have to say about OMGL turning up town.
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by sekinj »

^ I already said it. Makes me wonder if I'm insane...
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

One thing id like to point out is we have no proof that OMGL has a night choice. Yes it makes no sense for a protown player to lie like that but still.

@Sekinj when can we expect more hints for finding mafia.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by sekinj »

Mar
iy
ta: If you are going insist we type your name right, I'm going to insist you take notice of my gender.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by Mariyta »

sekinj wrote:So, I'm wondering if I am insane...

and it turns out ThAdmiral was being serious when he said he was at the Village Inn. According to my notes, there are two more sections, and only one of those sections is currently in use.

Would you mind telling us what those sections are? Please don't tell us which one is in use, however. Leaving that information hidden may be useful for a scum-trap later on.
-Susan Ertz

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by Mariyta »

sekinj wrote:Mar
iy
ta: If you are going insist we type your name right, I'm going to insist you take notice of my gender.
Yes, I'm sorry about that. I know you're a girl, but for some reason, I never remember until I finish typing.
-Susan Ertz

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Mariyta wrote:
sekinj wrote:So, I'm wondering if I am insane...

Would you mind telling us what those sections are? Please don't tell us which one is in use, however. Leaving that information hidden may be useful for a scum-trap later on.
On second thought, please don't tell us just yet.
-Susan Ertz

sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by sekinj »

The posts Mar brought up from thinktank are very interesting. Why would he contradict himself so badly?

I DO know that two townies counter-claiming each other and the town saying one has to be lynched on one day and then the other the next day is any scum's wet dream. I'm sure the scum were very "helpful" in pushing the binary option along.

I will be looking back through with that in mind. For now, I'd really like Think to explain his flop.
FoS: think
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by sekinj »

Oh, don't worry, I don't know the sections, just how many there are. I've kept track in my notes and 3 sections have been mentioned so far. There is one more section currently in use, and then a 5th section that will come into play later in the game.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by sekinj »

so, no, I couldn't tell you the names of the sections even if I wanted. However, each person began the game in a certain section. It looks like the admiral died in the same section he began the game in.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Dammit, I had a really good plan in this game.

Good luck town!
Don't ask me to provide self meta
raverblood
raverblood
Townie
raverblood
Townie
Townie

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by raverblood »

Mariyta wrote:
Raver
: Doesn't posit a single thought of his own. "Gets" an idea from Rage (about the people being closest to the baron), then votes Rage after thinktank throws a stink
yes i did vote rage however i unvoted when rage did point out that he was against massclaiming from the beginning. i voted rage for trying to get omgl to claim because i felt it was scummy.

i dont mean to "get my ideas" (which i dont feel on everything. still feel sek power thing is something). just to only get a short time to get online to actually view every post on here. so when i am using my phone i post what i think is the most important items.
"If only you could step into my life for a moment, only then will you truly know hell"
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by sekinj »

I would like to submit exibit A in defense of my sanity:

ca·pri·cious –adjective
1. subject to, led by, or indicative of caprice or whim; erratic: He's such a capricious boss I never know how he'll react.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/capricious
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:39 pm

Post by Gremwell »

I voted OGML because we were at deadline and approaching a NL, which stated in the rules would result in bad things for the town. What else could I do in that position? As for useful posts I am sorry about that, and you can expect that to change.

All in all it doesn't seem enough to warrant a vote.
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by Rage »

Right off the bat, I want to say that this post is kinda-rushed and kinda-non-sequential because I want to make a bigger post later. I believe there is a LOT of things we have not cleared up from yesterday, and I had a lot of questions to ask OhGodMyLife, so the hammer from Gremwell isn't helping my perception of him(?) as pro-town. Moving on..

I think it's a pretty reliable guess to think that a Squire has no night action. If anyone doesn't know what a Squire is, I think I can cough up a definition somewhere. So, I'd like to say that I'm confident Sekinj will be the lynch for today. I'm not putting my vote on her now because I believe this day will be very useful for discussion about the previous day, and for looking back upon in future days. That said,
FoS: Sekinj

Opinionated Role Speculation:
"Cook" is probably similar to a Baker, who has the ability to cause Town to lose after a certain number of days. This would mean that Town has a limited amount of Days to scumhunt, the only other limitation being the night-kill. More speculation, I'm thinking that there is only one scum faction in this game with at least 3 players, seeing as how both Nights have consisted of only one night-kill. 3 players seems the likeliest option for a Night start game with 11, which in this case would mean that this game has essentially 10 players, with the added 'bonus' of one Townie dead. I don't consider it a bonus, I was just trying to be witty. Also, I apologize to Nightson for casting him/her out, but, ya know, you are quite dead.
Raverblood wrote:yes i did vote rage however i unvoted when rage did point out that he was against massclaiming from the beginning. i voted rage for trying to get omgl to claim because i felt it was scummy.
Why exactly did you vote for me? You said it was because I wanted mass-claiming, which is not true, but now you say it was because I wanted OGML to claim. That is 1 of 10 players alive at the time. I'd hardly consider that mass-claiming.
Gremwell wrote: I voted OGML because we were at deadline and approaching a NL, which stated in the rules would result in bad things for the town. What else could I do in that position?
As for useful posts I am sorry about that
, and you can expect that to change.
Sorry, but I couldn't help laughing at the underlined part. I know it's probably not your intention, but that's how I read it. As for your reasoning behind your hammering vote of OhGodMyLife, you probably should have mentioned that when you were actually doing the vote. Now that other players have said that they were afraid of the deadline, and I'll admit that I didn't like the consequence, scum could easily slide on "I was afraid of the deadline". As for what I believe "could've been done" in that position is properly review the suspicions against all the players in the game, decide upon and state which ones you agree with, and from there decide whether or not you wanted the OhGodMyLife lynch. The outcome of the alignment of the player doesn't matter, seeing as how there was a deadline, and hammering a scum would definitely appear pretty pro-town
at first glance
Sekinj wrote:However, each person began the game in a certain section.
You know where everyone started, or the fact that players start somewhere, thus implying that they have the ability to move? I don't know about you, but my role can't move where I stay during the night.

On to Sekinj, I do not believe the insane thing; The WIFOM is too tremendous. As an example, if you know:
Sekinj wrote:Oh, don't worry, I don't know the sections, just how many there are. I've kept track in my notes and 3 sections have been mentioned so far. There is one more section currently in use, and then a 5th section that will come into play later in the game.
yet you say you might be insane, isn't there some major contradiction there?
Sekinj wrote:So, I'm wondering if I am insane...
Sekinj wrote:Makes me wonder if I'm insane...
Sekinj wrote:I would like to submit exibit A in defense of my sanity:

ca·pri·cious –adjective
1. subject to, led by, or indicative of caprice or whim; erratic: He's such a capricious boss I never know how he'll react.
Firstly, quote-number-the-third comes makes absolutely no defense. You think you are insane, yet you provide nothing about what exactly you are defending by saying "I'm defending my sanity". You called yourself insane! Secondly, if you have to mention it three times, I'm doubting it's true. Thirdly, that isn't
your
nickname.

Anyways, I had a lot of stuff I wanted to clear up, so I made a pre-written version that I wanted to post before, so now I just have to edit it to make sense for
this
day. That post shall come soon. To clarify, my top three suspects are currently:
  • Sekinj
  • Gremwell
  • Mafiamann
*Note that this post may seem very grammatically incorrect, so I apologize for any skimmers who just want to blaze through a wall of text. Enjoy, nonetheless.
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:51 pm

Post by Gremwell »

Rage wrote:As for your reasoning behind your hammering vote of OhGodMyLife, you probably should have mentioned that when you were actually doing the vote. Now that other players have said that they were afraid of the deadline, and I'll admit that I didn't like the consequence, scum could easily slide on "I was afraid of the deadline".
It would make little difference if I said that in my post or after it, people had already mentioned before my vote that a no lynch would be extra bad for the town so it would still be a null tell.

What about those who didn't vote? Did you not vote because you were in favor of a no lynch, or you didn't think there was enough reason to vote for anyone.

I felt that regardless of how I felt of OGML that a mislynch> a No lynch, that said, from what I was able to reread at the time his refusal to claim to save his skin was reading scummy to me and he would have most likely been my first choice anyhow.
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:00 pm

Post by sekinj »

@Rage: You are either not understanding me at all or purposefully twisting my words. I will explain again. When OGML counter claimed me, I wondered about my sanity, because I coudn't understand what he was gaining from lying. When he turned up town for sure, I again wondered about my own sanity. (Maybe my player is insane, but doesn't know it). Then, I noticed OGML's nickname which means that he was fickle and reactionary. That can easily explain why he counterclaimed me while still being town. Therefore, I AM telling the truth and I AM NOT crazy. Maybe it was written into OGML's character that he will die if he does not counter claim the first player that claims, I know I myself have received threats on my life based on events in the game.

and about the sections: (By SECTION I am refering to The Village Inn or the Guest Quarters, ETC.) All I know is how many sections there are. I know the names of the sections people have died in so far (just liek everyone else), and the name of my own section, I know that there is currently one more section in use (which I dont' know the name of), and an additional section that will be in use later. For right now it looks like everyone has died in the same section they started in, however, if another seciton will be in use later, apparently some people will be moving.. this is specualtion, I don't know how that is going to work.

For right now I am suspicious of Think and Rage. They both pushed the binary options the most. Rage has not started this day off in any way that changes my opinion of him.(@Rage: I know you will claim OGMUS, but get over it, it's not). I am looking over their posts and will be building a case.

And Grem's vote wasn't a hasty hammer!!! It was a vote cast to save the town from whatever bad thing happens from a no lynch at deadline. it was a VERY pro-town move, and Rage trying to scumatize it is SCUMMY.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by Rage »

Sekinj wrote:And Grem's vote wasn't a hasty hammer!!! It was a vote cast to save the town from whatever bad thing happens from a no lynch at deadline.
Rethink this, please.

'will include rest of post in upcoming post.
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:09 pm

Post by sekinj »

*thinks* hmm... *thinks* Yes! I would much rather mislynch a townie than have a no lynch in this game. We were very close to deadline and most players that hadn't already voted were AWOL. In fact i would rather personally be mislynched as a townie than have a no lynch. If the deadline were coming up and I was L-1 I would vote myself at the last minute as my last pro-town sacrifice.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”