CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:17 am

Post by CF Riot »

I put Arm in the same boat as me with that statement, so when he disagreed it lost some potential support.

No.

I wouldn't gain any info if I voted for one of them, so I'm not going to. I don't think anyone else would, but even if they did it'd leave me at a disadvantage so it's still a reason not to. Far more importantly than those side reasons, I think neither of them is scum.

Hi Flea!

OH HAI!

Corinthian - 6 (LlamaFluff, Firestarter, TheSweatpantsNinja, StrangerCoug, orangepenguin, FaerieLord)
killa seven - 5 (Knight of Cydonia, SpyreX, Corinthian, Joubert, armlx)
Manito - 1 (killa seven)
Firestarter - 1 (CF Riot)
FaerieLord - 1 (Manito)
armlx - 1 (LaptopGun)

15 alive, 8 to lynch, 5 at deadline.

As of this post, Corinthian will be lynched at deadline. Deadline falls 47 hours, 43 minutes after this post's timestamp.

-Mod
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:48 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Joubert has been prodded.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:54 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Prod me, SSF!

Oh, wait—you can't :P I just posted!

However,
mod: You give two people voting for Manito but list only one name.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:09 am

Post by CF Riot »

SC what's your outlook on FS? If you had to guess at this point in time, would you say he's more likely town or scum? Why?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:22 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

CF Riot, Firestarter's posts in isolation give me mostly townie vibes. He switched two of his confirm votes, but I'll go ahead and dismiss that as a null tell. The only other thing I don't like about him off hand is his occasional megaposts.

orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:34 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Still pretty happy with my vote.
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:09 am

Post by Joubert »

I made a coherent reread, but I can't find any major flaws in Corin's post content. Anyone has a case against him or is it just because of doubtful behavior?
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:19 pm

Post by Firestarter »

CF Riot wrote:
I wouldn't gain any info if I voted for one of them, so I'm not going to. I don't think anyone else would, but even if they did it'd leave me at a disadvantage so it's still a reason not to.
Far more importantly than those side reasons, I think neither of them is scum.
@ CFR..

Please explain the bolded part, its highly contradictory and does not make sense to me...
('') (':') ('')
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by LaptopGun »

Arm, good memory. I thought you and K7 were scumbuddies. Then I figured I was misreading the whole situation. Then, you did what I consider a slipup and implied you were actually using k7 as a fall guy.

I really hate all this talk we have to lynch one or the other suspect. It the perfect excuse and smokescreen for the mafia to appear blameless in a mislynch. Hell, It would not surprise me if k7 and corin are both town. It would be the perfect setup for the mafia. The town in that case has to choose between 2 mislynches. As noted by others, we havn't agreed to much and our thought process have gone around randomly. A little push here or there is all it takes for the mafia to get the town at odds with eachother.
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:37 pm

Post by SpyreX »

No, we stagnated until there was a deadline and then waited until we had only the two choices.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if both are town. However, K7 has been scummy and of the two, thats my push.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
LaptopGun
LaptopGun
Goon
LaptopGun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:58 am

Post by LaptopGun »

SpyreX, that is easily a justification the mafia could use to skate by without looking scummy for a lynch. Whether it's just stagnation or not, the day was terribly played by the town. We let ourselves fall into this predicament (and for all I know, the mafia had a little manipulation). Can anyone put together a strong case against either K7 (who I think is town) or corin (who I think is more likely mafia) that doesn't basiccally boil down to "these 2 acted fairly scummy, and oh wait its the deadline so choose?" I hate the mntality that most of you have been passing off as pragmatism.
Shoot first and you're a war hero. Shoot last and you're a casualty.
Corinthian
Corinthian
Townie
Corinthian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:21 am

Post by Corinthian »

CFR wrote: I bet scum from this game are really annoyed. 44 pages and they haven't even gotten a chance to talk to each other.
Isn't this a nightless game?
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:23 am

Post by CF Riot »

CF Riot wrote:
I wouldn't gain any info if I voted for one of them
, so I'm not going to.
I don't think anyone else would,
but even
if they did it'd leave me at a disadvantage so it's still a reason not to.
Your question said "why not vote given
that a vote will gain info?
"
I know for a fact that if I forced myself to choose between K7 and Corin, I wouldn't know any more info about who was scum.

I highly doubt you or anyone else would gain any extra info from my vote either.

If anyone did gain some extra info, that means they know something I don't, putting me at a disadvantage. I don't want that.

@Corin, I dunno. What does that even mean, that night choices are made during the day?
Corinthian
Corinthian
Townie
Corinthian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:48 am

Post by Corinthian »

Oh, my mistake, it's double day.
From the Rules on the First Page wrote: Day, Night, Twilight and Daybreak

* During the Day phase, players will discuss and vote until a player has been lynched. You can vote for there to be No-Lynch, but this also requires a majority of votes. Once the vote required to reach a majority has been cast, that person is dead. Unvoting will not undo the lynch.
* A lynch in the first Day phase of each pair (Day X.0) will kill the lynchee, and instantly reset the votecount. A lynch in the second Day phase (Day X.5) will kill the lynchee, then send the game into Twilight. Lynched players must stop talking once the lynching vote is cast.
* During the Twilight phase, players are still allowed to discuss, but votes will be ignored. The Twilight phase has an indeterminate length of time, as it is simply the length of time between the actual lynching vote, and the death scene/thread lock. The game then proceeds to the Night phase.
* During the Night phase, any players who have powers which can be used at night can use their powers. This includes, but is not limited to, Mafia sending in their kill. The night phase has a deadline for actions, normally of around 3 real-life days. If you do not wish to make a choice, please send in "No Choice". Players who do not send in a choice will be treated as having sent "No Choice".
* Daybreak follows Night, and is simply the period between the Nightchoice deadline and the thread being opened for Day to begin. Choices received are resolved, and therefore any choices sent during this time will be ignored. During this time, prods will be sent to any player who did not submit a choice. This includes players who did not have a choice and players who are part of groups from which one member did submit a choice.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:08 am

Post by SpyreX »

SpyreX, that is easily a justification the mafia could use to skate by without looking scummy for a lynch. Whether it's just stagnation or not, the day was terribly played by the town. We let ourselves fall into this predicament (and for all I know, the mafia had a little manipulation). Can anyone put together a strong case against either K7 (who I think is town) or corin (who I think is more likely mafia) that doesn't basiccally boil down to "these 2 acted fairly scummy, and oh wait its the deadline so choose?" I hate the mntality that most of you have been passing off as pragmatism.
It IS pragmatism though. What are our other choices? You want to no lynch? Build a case on someone else when deadline is tomorrow?

The only way this outcome is going to be absolutely bad is if they BOTH are town and tomorrow we do the exact same thing and end up lynching the other. Otherwise, as long as we learn from this and be more proactive then we wont run into the issue again.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:44 am

Post by Firestarter »

SpyreX wrote: The only way this outcome is going to be absolutely bad is if they BOTH are town and tomorrow we do the exact same thing and end up lynching the other. Otherwise, as long as we learn from this and be more proactive then we wont run into the issue again.
QFT...

There have been too many passengers in tis game, tbh.
A small minority have been scumhunting while others have simply coat-tailed arguments.

Regardless of the outcome today, town must work harder.

This, however, does not take from the fact that both Corin ^ K7 have exhibited more scum vibes than anyone else...

After all, they would not be in the position they are in if they did not.

@CFR..
I seen your replies, they make sense to an extent.
I would, however, prefer to see you commit a vote on one of the, at this time, certain lynchees.

That goes for pretty much everyone else who has votes elsewhere.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:08 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: I am having technical difficulties with my Internet connection right now, and I'm posting from the library. I'm not going to call myself V/LA just yet, but if I take too long between posts, go ahead and replace me outright.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:23 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Corinthian wrote:
CFR wrote: I bet scum from this game are really annoyed. 44 pages and they haven't even gotten a chance to talk to each other.
Isn't this a nightless game?
No. We simply have two days before we go to night.

CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:11 am

Post by CF Riot »

Firestarter wrote:@CFR..I would, however, prefer to see you commit a vote on one of the, at this time, certain lynchees.
No.
Joubert
Joubert
Goon
Joubert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by Joubert »

Why not?
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by Firestarter »

CF Riot wrote:
Firestarter wrote:@CFR..I would, however, prefer to see you commit a vote on one of the, at this time, certain lynchees.
No.
Voting = Lynches...
Lynches = Information.

Your non-commital to either offers the rest of us no info from you, have you simply forgotten that there is a deadline approaching?

As it stands 11 players have votes on either Corin or K7.

Are they all scum?
Are they all wrong?
Or do they simply have a say in who should be lynched from the scummiest 2 players?

All you have done today, CFR, is try to get me lynched..... you have been on the coat-tail of BM since he replaced in, echoing, and posting right after him...
Thats what it looks like to me.

Why do you continue to be unable to look past me, since the majority of players here have done, even BM?

BTW, what info could town/scum retrieve from you if you placed a vote on either player that would leave you at a disadvantage, considering 11 other players have votes there, and all {assuming all are town} would be at that same "disadvantage"?
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:16 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Joubert: Uno. Dos.

FS: If one of them is going to be lynched regardless, then you don't need my vote to get information, so don't sweat it. I'm also not being non-committal. I'm committing to staying opposed to both votes. I've clearly presented my thoughts and feelings about both players throughout the thread, so not voting one or the other is not being non-committal.

For your "11 voters" thing: not all are scum, I think they're all wrong, and I don't think K7 and Corin are the scummiest two players. And for the second time so far, BM is not in this game. I'm assuming you're talking about Arm. If so, I accused you before he did, and on top of that I've pressed KoC's lynch about as much as yours. You only got my vote over him because I predicted it would gain more support.

For the last bit, I don't know what info they could gain. I said I believe they won't gain any. I said if I am wrong, then it would leave me disadvantaged because I'm not gaining
anything
and they would gain
something
. I think the one
real
benefit from me voting either/or is that it puts more names on the list of people that voted them, so each person there has a smaller chance of being singled out for their vote. It's a cover up basically.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:48 am

Post by Firestarter »

Again, apologies for the wrong name... it was armlx I was reffering to...

Ok, I see where you stand here CFR.

But you not voting for one of them can/will leave you at a disadvantage also.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:20 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: The technical difficulties mentioned in post #1116 have been resolved. Thanks.

somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:09 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

End of Day 1.5 Votecount

Corinthian - 6 (LlamaFluff, Firestarter, TheSweatpantsNinja, StrangerCoug, orangepenguin, FaerieLord)

killa seven - 5 (Knight of Cydonia, SpyreX, Corinthian, Joubert, armlx)
Manito - 1 (killa seven)
Firestarter - 1 (CF Riot)
FaerieLord - 1 (Manito)
armlx - 1 (LaptopGun)

Everyone thought someone was scum, but half of you couldn't agree on the same someone. Still, 40% could, and that's the best you've got...

Corinthian,
Townie
, is dead.

It is now Night 1!

Mafia members may now discuss. Get your choice in before Midday (BST) on Tuesday.

Knight of Cydonia, drop me a PM before Daybreak or you will be replaced.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”