Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by Adel »

@armix: you've been in this game for a month now. Could you give us a fatty post with paragraphs and developed ideas and such? Looking back over your posts I can't extract any information that would illuminate your alignment, and Coron left us with even less. The net effect is that I'm left with the impression that you are lurking and avoiding attention.

Also, votecount please, thanks.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Weather report. I am now getting solid pro-town vibes from Adel. I will jump off a cliff if she's scum and fooling me so thoroughly.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by Adel »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Weather report. I am now getting solid pro-town vibes from Adel. I will jump off a cliff if she's scum and fooling me so thoroughly.
I wish I could say the same about you. Your last decent post was when, mid-May? If you are town and we lose this game without you starting to place some real effort into it I'm going to push you off of that cliff*.

* a joke, you know I adore you, and would never want you to have to endure a fall that would leave you with more than the most minor of injuries. Irregardless, start posting damn it. Show us a circle of mafiascum magick or whatever it is you do when you actually try to analyse a game.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:17 pm

Post by armlx »

Could you give us a fatty post with paragraphs and developed ideas and such? Looking back over your posts I can't extract any information that would illuminate your alignment, and Coron left us with even less. The net effect is that I'm left with the impression that you are lurking and avoiding attention.
Quite frankly, my read of this game was very rushed, and as such I'm kinda low of the large posting backing. I'll reread again this week however and get back to you.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:41 pm

Post by Talitha »

Adel, if those are your impressions of armlx, then what are your impressions of logicticus?

*seconds request for vote count*
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:35 am

Post by armlx »

Vote Count

nonny- 1 (armlx)
Tally- 1 (Adel)
logictus- 1 (Tally)
werebear- 1 (DGB)
axel- 1 (nonny)

(Axel, Logictus, Werebear)

8 alive, 5 to lynch
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:55 am

Post by nonny »

Okay. What don't you like about it? Saying you don't like something can be construed as you saying you think it's "scummy." Is that what you mean here? If so, what's scummy about it (in your opinion). I do this all the time, and I do not think that making a list of people you are feeling good/bad about at any particular moment in time is ever a scummy thing.
Doing lists like that randomly I don't have a problem with. My problem is you gave no reasoning. You had almost no comments on these poeple or towards them and then suddenly made your list.
This is one of those questions that makes me think you are talking to hear yourself talk and not actually paying attention, considering I had just made another list and Coron/Armlx was sitting right at the top of it. Did you just miss my post or something?
No, I didn't miss your post, but mine was chronological. So I already wrote an apology if anything was outdated.
And here's the complete misrepresentation. I was absolutely NOT trying to "clear" Talitha from being scum with that post. One would have thought that was clear from the context. I was playing a game - out guessing the Mod. and speculating on what Mod. duties made the least sense for scum, such that if EmpTyg. had picked who got what, what would he have been more/less likely to pick.
It read like you were trying to clear her, and you did so again in your latest town/scum post. If you weren't doing so fine, that is how it read though. I'm not the only one that had comment on it.
You say "I don't think a townie would try to clear someone so easily," the implication being that you do think a scum would try to do it? Why is that, exactly?
Scum know who is town. So they could easily say I believe so and so to be town. Then when that person dies/is killed/ lynched/whatever, they can be like see! I was right! I must be great at reading poeple. Townies don't know who the other townies are, maybe I play to cautiously but clearing poeple is just bad play in my mind.
Again you accuse me of "stretching" to clear townies (which is wrong), but at least here we now know Elvis was, in fact townie. And presumably you know yourself to be townie, yes? So I have been "stretching" to clear at least 2 and possibly 3 townies. Why would I ever do this as scum? Why "stretch" at all?

And if this is just you again pointing out something you don't like, but without having any reason to think it's scummy, then....why?
Already answered why stretch at all. And by even making that arguement it's like inviting someone to speculate that you think tally is town, 2 out of 3 is right. I have no reason right now to speculate on your impression of the third or why you need to point out 2 out of 3. I don't see why scum wouldn't lump a partner in the list with out townies to try and validate the list.

Pointing it out because it rubs me the wrong way. The act it self is not pro-town in my opinion.
That is so completely different from what happened with Macros I can hardly believe you are trying to raise it as a point.
Macros orginally said "hey that said something differnt" than after the speculation on it being DGB is when he made the post you are refering to as scummy. I agree the second type of post you didn't make. But the first you did. I also agree the second one of macros' was stupid.
And I still stand by the point that, without anything better to go on, eliminating both the non-mod. powered people would statistically and logically be better than lynching at random.
Random voting poeple without mod powers won't get us any where either. If anything we will lose the game quicker. I don't get how you can say there is nothing to go on. We have 40 pages, that is just lazy to say there is nothing.
The posts were lengthy, yet superficial. It's like you did this skim re-read of each player and just jotted notes to yourself as you went without any awareness of what had actually happened in the game or the context in which certain posts were made.
No I read every post thourghly and took over 20 hours to do so. If you find it superficial that is your own opinion. I did take a lot of time to do so, and remember most of what i read and the contexts. I do have a few mistakes because i'm human.
adel wrote:Now that lack of support is bothering me, because Glork is far more dangeruous for scum than DGB or I am. It seems to me that the scum advanced the "lynch one of the no mod power players" to get a mislynch, and then abandoned it. Did they abandon it because they saw that DGB would be the next person lynched on that case instead of me? Did they abandon it becuase once Glork was out of the picture they could coast to a win?

Who are the players who were gung-ho for lynching one of the "no mod power" players until Glork was lynched? I'm thinking of Axelrod and Werebear, but am I missing anyone? Do their reasons for no longer wanting to lynch one of the "no mod power" players read as sincere? Is this a signficant tell against DGB?
That first part is very plausible. It was axelrod, werebear, and you at points(but you had/have ADD). Axelrod still want to lynch no mod powers. Only werebear has changed.
armlx wrote:and even then I think we are better off trying to lynch actually scummy people today.
QFT
*insert bad joke here*
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:23 am

Post by Adel »

Talitha wrote:Adel, if those are your impressions of armlx, then what are your impressions of logicticus?

Another winner in the "let's contribute as little as possible" contest.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:25 am

Post by Adel »

Adel wrote:meh, I didn't get want I wanted out of that exchange.

I was hoping for a huge scumtell, but I don't see it.

unvote, vote:Nonny

still the best case from my perspective.
my vote is on Nonny, from this post.

Corrected Vote Count

nonny- 1 (armlx, Adel)
logictus- 1 (Tally)
werebear- 1 (DGB)
axel- 1 (nonny)

(Axel, Logictus, Werebear)

8 alive, 5 to lynch

were there any other mistakes?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by armlx »

Hmm, my bad.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:05 am

Post by logicticus »

Adel wrote:
Talitha wrote:Adel, if those are your impressions of armlx, then what are your impressions of logicticus?

Another winner in the "let's contribute as little as possible" contest.
Maybe if we end this contest people will post more. just kidding.

Its hard to motivate myself to get into this game, but I know thats a terrible excuse. I will make my best effort to pay more attention to whats going on here more often.

I would be happy to answer questions as I work best when prompted.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:41 am

Post by armlx »

Reread should come late tonight or tomorrow unless I get really sidetracked.
Axelrod
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Axelrod
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by Axelrod »

Now I'm just watching Olympics all the time, so it appears I have to make another promise to the thread to make myself stay active.

What I'm going to do is a write up on each player left (not including me, someone else can do that). That will be 7 write ups in 7 posts. This is not going to be some kind of full on PBPA - which would take too long and also be way too long to read, but something that at least trys to do some kind of analysis of the play. Maybe I'll learn something along the way.

I'm not promising 1 of these per day either, but I'll try to stick close to that.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:23 pm

Post by armlx »

Just so you know,
I will be away from Thursday till Sunday

Hopefully reread will come tomorrow if I am not too lazy.
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:29 am

Post by Werebear »

Success! Internet! Hooray!

Wow. First Adel professes faith in DGB not being scum (last page, before my truncated vacation post), and then TDG busts out with full support of Adel. Sounds like a match made in heaven. I wonder if they're picking out curtains. When I have time, I'm going to go back and take a gander at their interactions.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:23 am

Don't! Don't look at our interactions... it's no good. No good can come of this.

unvote, vote: Werebear
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:51 am

Post by armlx »

Lols at the last post for multiple reasons.

Rereading now.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:40 am

Post by armlx »

Starting from a clean slate:

Ok, my first thoughts are the Mathcam wagon was complete bullshit. I expect 2 of (DGB, Nonny, Werebear, Tali) are scum for their involvement in it. Nonny is the least likely as Mac was the least participative in it.

DGB's defense to Glorks allegations is pretty loose, but I find it odd that her actions of "being DGB" more or less were attacked so strongly in the first place.

DGB is pretty logical on page 9. Phoebus is not, probably 1 of the 2 scum.

Adel voting DGB in 227 seems off. As does Tali's subsequent mass claim request.

Don't like how Axel's 253 tries to pass itself off as analysis.

I agree with Coron's 301 about Glork's list, which was pretty loosely based in logic.

Glorks subsequent attack of Raj seems good, except the part where Raj flipped town, which makes it seem like a lot of that was blown out of proportion.

Also, Mathcam's semi-claim + a reread of my own PM makes me think the "1 no ability must be scum" is dumb. Probably random.

I'm also unsure how anyone could be a vig in this game based on the set up there as well. I have a feeling mad cheats went down.

Agree with Adel's 326 about DGB crossing game integrity lines with asking for "1 letter". Also makes me think DGB is town. I also agree with Adel in the whole her + integrity vs EK + balancing argument.

I agree with Pooky though, if someone claims their alignment is X and thats not it, you are right to lynch them. You just aren't right to force them to claim a wording to try to save their ass.

I can sorta buy Macros giving up and just voting, Phoebus seems opportunistic.

Phoebus's fatalism is odd on page 19.

Macros claiming the edit after his attitude towards it all game is a MAJOR wtf.

First 20 pages done, posting to just get this out there.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:46 am

Post by armlx »

I don't like Axel's knowing/assuming which kill was which, as well as the whole tryin to fit motives to NKs. I also don't like Adel's quick unvote of him. I can see a pairing there.

Tally's 650 = epic lulz.

A lot of Axel's 694 looks reachy. Same with the subsequent Glork vote post.

EK vs Adel just seems like more of the same from before.

Adel makes the same slip as Axel on page 31. I can see an Axel-Adel pairing. Also not Axel's "obv town/not sure" waffling on Adel.

The nonny-Adel argument makes me feel like
Unvote Nonny
is right for now. The arguments seem genuine and logical, which is a good start for replacing in. I can also see Macros just acting dumb for no reason. I still don't like the things I voted her for or Macros's whole edit thing, but I need to reevaluate those in context of the other things I have looked at.

Axel's 805 is a WTF. Don't want to vote for actives? Are you real?
Werebear
Werebear
Cursed One
Werebear
Cursed One
Cursed One

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:08 am

Post by Werebear »

Vote: TDG
. Your lack of participation sucks, as do your posts when you actually DO participate. And that's coming from someone who hasn't participated as much as he should have. You reek of scum. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
[color=green]Anyhoo, why is it suspicious that I get confused with a mattress?[/color]
--Wacky, HHGG3 - Life, The Universe, and Everything mafia
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:51 am

Post by armlx »

Werebear wrote:
Vote: TDG
. Your lack of participation sucks, as do your posts when you actually DO participate. And that's coming from someone who hasn't participated as much as he should have. You reek of scum. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
I can't say I expected anything else after DGB's last post.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by nonny »

werebear: you havn't had much big posts lately. What are your current stances?

DGB: We would all love you to come a play properly with us.
*insert bad joke here*
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:35 pm

nonny wrote:DGB: We would all love you to come a play properly with us.
I will, I will. I'll make an effort for tomorrow.

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by armlx »

Werebear: Did DGB's last vote on you have anything to do with your vote?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:34 am

armlx wrote:Werebear: Did DGB's last vote on you have anything to do with your vote?
Werebear is voting for "TDG" - there's no player with those initials here, so that the vote doesn't even count. I know it's not me because I didn't kill his father. We were lovers. He died a happy man, in the arms of his true love. All we wanted is to make each other's dreams come true. Do you know that today would have been his birthday?

Werebear looked at the interactions between Adel and myself (despite my warnings) and unbelievably, found someone scummier than either of us.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”