Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by Servant Avenger »

I see. So far there’s a mix of experience levels here. If you need me to explain anything let me know.
I too want to be IC and I think I would be a huge pain in the ass for the scum team.

@Everyone, I spoke with Cabd in PT and he stated that no mod errors have occurred as of yet.
He refused to comment on whether the scum team received fake claims or knew about the ability of the first master to give masters to two other players.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Servant Assassin »

In post 324, Servant Shielder wrote:
In post 322, Servant Avenger wrote:@Yes.
plus they’re unkillable for 2 days.

Tell me, do you want to get voted for master? If so, why? Use innuendo.
Well, I obviously wouldn’t mind being IC’d. If you’re asking me to make a case as to why I deserve it more than anyone else, my only answer is I know I’m town and then I would be confirmed.

I’m overwhelmed by all of the mech talk and don’t feel I yet have a confident grasp on this game., so if confidence in clearly understanding the gamestate is what’s needed to convince enough people I’m town here. I don’t see that happening yet unfortunately. :/
have you read everything that has been posted so far? do you have reads on anyone?
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:12 pm

Post by Servant Shielder »

In post 326, Servant Assassin wrote:
In post 324, Servant Shielder wrote:
In post 322, Servant Avenger wrote:@Yes.
plus they’re unkillable for 2 days.

Tell me, do you want to get voted for master? If so, why? Use innuendo.
Well, I obviously wouldn’t mind being IC’d. If you’re asking me to make a case as to why I deserve it more than anyone else, my only answer is I know I’m town and then I would be confirmed.

I’m overwhelmed by all of the mech talk and don’t feel I yet have a confident grasp on this game., so if confidence in clearly understanding the gamestate is what’s needed to convince enough people I’m town here. I don’t see that happening yet unfortunately. :/
have you read everything that has been posted so far? do you have reads on anyone?
Yes and not yet. I didn’t really realize how challenging it is to not be able to use meta. In a less mechanically complex game, that would probably be a lot less of a problem.
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:14 pm

In post 325, Servant Avenger wrote:I see. So far there’s a mix of experience levels here. If you need me to explain anything let me know.
I too want to be IC and I think I would be a huge pain in the ass for the scum team.

@Everyone, I spoke with Cabd in PT and he stated that no mod errors have occurred as of yet.
He refused to comment on whether the scum team received fake claims or knew about the ability of the first master to give masters to two other players.
Well, we are voting for the player the majority thinks is most likely to be town and they get IC’d right? Is there anything else I need to know about this phase?
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 316, Servant Assassin wrote:not a lot of defined stances a lot of empty posts with stuff like talking about strategy for the vote now ("jus master town!" great. but who and why? "eh just king foreigner and get it over with"). they complained about people being cagey with reads but haven't really had many themselves. hard to get a sense this is someone who is analyzing anything. if i were a nerd who made lists they'd be in the scumreads but it's not a high confidence read.
Glad I didn't ask you to make a list then~ In seriousness, fair enough. I get the distinct sense Caster is having trouble finding their feet in the game so far and my read of them is largely based on them saying things I think around the time I think them and, if I'm honest, a little gut.
In post 320, Servant Avenger wrote:
In post 300, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I like Servant Ruler's first post, especially their doing some mod-meta and coming into the thread decisively. Sorry to see them go.
Do you think the mod learned from their mistak? Or was that past game even a mistake at all? I’m seemed like an obvious loophole. @rider, thoughts here since you kind of appealed to authority in your opening post?
I did what now? Are you talking about ? I already said in that Ruler's posit that Cabd messed up in this game is a load of hogwash.
In post 324, Servant Shielder wrote:I’m overwhelmed by all of the mech talk and don’t feel I yet have a confident grasp on this game., so if confidence in clearly understanding the gamestate is what’s needed to convince enough people I’m town here. I don’t see that happening yet unfortunately. :/
Have you read the game? Disregarding setup spec, what are your thoughts?

Pedit: Dammit Assassin, stop stealing my lines
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 317, Servant Caster wrote:That's fair. I'm developing a townread on you as well, if that helps, and maybe Assassin. Archer may have degraded a bit since he started quote striping, but this is a popular opinion now. I probably should have more reasons for stuff but I am not fully assembled at the current moment.

I hope declaring you don't want to be the IC doesn't become in vogue. I don't want to have to try to parse which of those declarations are just for towncred later.
I forgot this. Two questions: do you want a master and why are you degrading on Archer?
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:26 pm

@shielder: It sounds like moon cancer doesn’t have a vote this phase. @cancer don’t elaborate on that.

Other than that, they also are unkillable for two nights.
The next day is a double elimination phase if town is selected today. Which means that we don’t go to night until after we no eliminate twice or eliminate two players during the day.

Scum, if voted today, leave the game, are allowed to post in the scum PT still and give the rest of their partner’s a boost to all of their abilities.

Saber thinks we should use this voting phase as a sorting tool To go through nullish town reads.

You should pay attention when hunting to who’s voting who and why. scum team want their buddy elected, may use their vote to buddy, or try to pick up a master bonus from the IC.

Do not reveal any information about your role. Not flavor, not your noble phantasms, nothing. And think about how best to use your abilities and what you need to do to to best use them.

@pedit @rider, gotcha, thanks.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

In post 300, Servant Alter Ego wrote:I like Servant Ruler's first post, especially their doing some mod-meta and coming into the thread decisively. Sorry to see them go.
Do you think the mod learned from their mistak? Or was that past game even a mistake at all? I’m seemed like an obvious loophole. @rider, thoughts here since you kind of appealed to authority in your opening post?
FEH is a Cabd mafia game I didn't play. Knowing mod-Cabd, I'd say that if it was a mistake, then he definitely learned from it. Grain of salt for consuming my opinion: I'm more of a reads-based player than a setup-breaker, to the point of abandoning setup assumptions if they are incompatible with ironclad strong reads. Y'all go ahead on with your flavor-breaking. I'll be sitting over here running a comb through my reads.
Altar ego and archer are both somewhat guilty of this sin, but I don’t particularly think it’s super scummy. Though, I am a little confused why altar ego said they get suspected a lot with wall posts like that.
The page constraint makes me want to make fewer, longer posts, but my unfettered playstyle is more in-the-moment with a wall here and there. Site meta didn't used to be as accepting of in the moment play as it has been lately-ish. Playing on my main, my playstyle was more accepted once I had established myself as a player. It's been a while since I've been a relatively unknown quantity and I was (and still am to some extent) a little worried about how my play would go down with a player list that for the most part either doesn't know me at all or doesn't recognize me.
A lot of people don’t want a master it seems. I get that. I want a master though. What could I do to earn your vote? I don’t want to be too forceful here. But I also can’t really trust anybody else with it.
My ideal candidate will wow me by
  • Being a strong townread
  • Gaining the trust of my other townreads
  • Impressing me with a good mix of thoughtfulness, consensus-seeking and decisiveness
  • Having great reads
The last is difficult to assess at this stage and where players' behaviors are warped by the presence of the master mechanic.

I'm compromising on some of these at this stage of the game, but hopefully I can get more picky when I have more data.
@alterego: I’m glad I’m contributing to your enjoyment of the game. :)
:hattip:
Servant Shielder wrote:
In post 325, Servant Avenger wrote:I see. So far there’s a mix of experience levels here. If you need me to explain anything let me know.

Well, we are voting for the player the majority thinks is most likely to be town and they get IC’d right? Is there anything else I need to know about this phase?
There's the cost associated with picking mafia instead of town. And the person who is confirmed town (assuming we get it right!) has to decide two more players to confer the master mechanic on. Which is another thing we need to get right. And they need to use their likely limited time in the game to lead some scum lynches. "Likely town" is just the start of the selection process, IMO.
Servant Rider
Servant Rider
Goon
Servant Rider
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by Servant Rider »

In post 327, Servant Shielder wrote:Yes and not yet. I didn’t really realize how challenging it is to not be able to use meta. In a less mechanically complex game, that would probably be a lot less of a problem.
You read all 14 pages and don't have any kind of read on anyone?

Pedit: Wait, what? Cancer doesn't have a vote?
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:35 pm

If that's in their ISO I'm missing it.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:48 pm

Mistake!

I see alter ego. But wouldn’t it be pretty forced of me to start behaving in a certain way just to gain votes?

I can give my reads if you’d like and what I feel about them so far.
But they’re not significantly different than anyone else’s so far and some of it is paranoia type thinking. For example, when I saw assassin with 2 votes I thought about what made people drawn to him and if I believed that giving no fucks would lead to some players voting there. I’m not sure given the level of content he had at the time.

I also think we should stop (I know I just asked this) about whether you want to have a master or not because it narrows the NK options for scum down the line. If you want it great, if you don’t that’s great too but don’t share it in thread. Maybe read your role pm and think about whether it would be so bad after all to get a master down the line or not.
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:52 pm

In post 329, Servant Rider wrote:
In post 316, Servant Assassin wrote:not a lot of defined stances a lot of empty posts with stuff like talking about strategy for the vote now ("jus master town!" great. but who and why? "eh just king foreigner and get it over with"). they complained about people being cagey with reads but haven't really had many themselves. hard to get a sense this is someone who is analyzing anything. if i were a nerd who made lists they'd be in the scumreads but it's not a high confidence read.
Glad I didn't ask you to make a list then~ In seriousness, fair enough. I get the distinct sense Caster is having trouble finding their feet in the game so far and my read of them is largely based on them saying things I think around the time I think them and, if I'm honest, a little gut.
I did what now? Are you talking about ? I already said in that Ruler's posit that Cabd messed up in this game is a load of hogwash.
In post 324, Servant Shielder wrote:I’m overwhelmed by all of the mech talk and don’t feel I yet have a confident grasp on this game., so if confidence in clearly understanding the gamestate is what’s needed to convince enough people I’m town here. I don’t see that happening yet unfortunately. :/
Have you read the game? Disregarding setup spec, what are your thoughts?

Pedit: Dammit Assassin, stop stealing my lines
I already stated them. I have no reads as of yet.
Servant Shielder
Servant Shielder
Goon
Servant Shielder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:57 pm

In post 331, Servant Avenger wrote:@shielder: It sounds like moon cancer doesn’t have a vote this phase. @cancer don’t elaborate on that.

Other than that, they also are unkillable for two nights.
The next day is a double elimination phase if town is selected today. Which means that we don’t go to night until after we no eliminate twice or eliminate two players during the day.

Scum, if voted today, leave the game, are allowed to post in the scum PT still and give the rest of their partner’s a boost to all of their abilities.

Saber thinks we should use this voting phase as a sorting tool To go through nullish town reads.

You should pay attention when hunting to who’s voting who and why. scum team want their buddy elected, may use their vote to buddy, or try to pick up a master bonus from the IC.

Do not reveal any information about your role. Not flavor, not your noble phantasms, nothing. And think about how best to use your abilities and what you need to do to to best use them.

@pedit @rider, gotcha, thanks.
Yeah that helps but scum could also be playing it safe too and not vote their buddy? I know that one player seemed kind of agressive but I don’t know what to make of that yet.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:01 pm

In post 327, Servant Shielder wrote:Yes and not yet. I didn’t really realize how challenging it is to not be able to use meta. In a less mechanically complex game, that would probably be a lot less of a problem.
at the risk of coming across as identity fishing, how would you describe your typical approach to the game
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:06 pm

In post 335, Servant Avenger wrote:Mistake!

I see alter ego.
But wouldn’t it be pretty forced of me to start behaving in a certain way just to gain votes?

I can give my reads if you’d like and what I feel about them so far.
But they’re not significantly different than anyone else’s so far and some of it is paranoia type thinking. For example, when I saw assassin with 2 votes I thought about what made people drawn to him and if I believed that giving no fucks would lead to some players voting there. I’m not sure given the level of content he had at the time.

I also think we should stop (I know I just asked this) about whether you want to have a master or not because it narrows the NK options for scum down the line. If you want it great, if you don’t that’s great too but don’t share it in thread. Maybe read your role pm and think about whether it would be so bad after all to get a master down the line or not.
Transparency about your thoughts where there's no potential harm to town in sharing them really should help you demonstrate how you'd approach being master-enabled. And a lack of transparency/avoidance of topics that could harm town is also a pretty big deal to me. I put my wish list out there as a point of discussion - there might be a better way to approach the selection than I have in mind!

I hope to be obvious enough as town to be considered for master-enabling down the road. I feel chicken about having enough power coming out of this phase to really screw things up for town if my choices and decisions are bad.
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:15 pm

I see.
Well, here’s transparency.
I’m town. Vote for me. I’m not worried about messing this up or handling this responsibility with a lack of care. I can be discrete, thoughtful, my strong town reads are statistically less likely to be scum than random chance based on past data (my null reads however, *COUGH*) it would benefit town to have me voted and I have little doubt of that.

I’m also very modest and not annoying at all.

I’ll try to be more transparent where I think it will benefit town going forward.
It kind of sucks to be on a tablet, because I can’t wall post without a lot of extra effort on my part.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:57 pm

In post 340, Servant Avenger wrote:I see.
Well, here’s transparency.
I’m town. Vote for me. I’m not worried about messing this up or handling this responsibility with a lack of care. I can be discrete, thoughtful, my strong town reads are statistically less likely to be scum than random chance based on past data (my null reads however, *COUGH*) it would benefit town to have me voted and I have little doubt of that.

I’m also very modest and not annoying at all.

I’ll try to be more transparent where I think it will benefit town going forward.
It kind of sucks to be on a tablet, because I can’t wall post without a lot of extra effort on my part.
I'm taking my own precautions against slipping. It would drive me insane to play mostly/entirely by tablet.

Thanks for talking through some of this with me. I feel about a thousand times more stuck in the game than I did this time yesterday!

You disagreed with my Rider and Assassin reads earlier. Do you still disagree? If so, why?

-------------

I aspire to make this my last post of the night.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:33 pm

Post by Servant Moon Cancer »

In post 331, Servant Avenger wrote:@cancer don’t elaborate on that.
Uh, to avoid any sort of future complication I feel I should correct this miscommunication. I meant no votes from anyone towards an
elected
town master count (and how that interacts with my Noble Phantasm is paramount). As I think I previously noted, my Noble Phantasm requires me being voted. (I don't currently plan on actually using it, but the topic came up when I asked Cabd about abusing it.)
Servant Avenger
Servant Avenger
Goon
Servant Avenger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:01 pm

Assassin: read him, again. #40 says he got it too, no town points too slow. Draws a conclusion on berserker from opening approach keeps it up and his reasoning is not wrong if we accept the premise. Sometimes we share the same view. He does not reveal his reads as they come to him. Sometimes he slaps down reads a little too fast and I’m not sure if they’re fake or not. I’ve noticed a parallel between rider and assassin where they race to be the first to ask questions like a reporter chasing a news source. In someways that makes sense for town. But because sometimes the questions are standard it creates the illusion of doing stuff or hunting when they might not be. I liked his alt-fishing question on shielder. It showed the right level of caution while still tying to get somewhere. He’s experienced enough that I’m cautious about giving him too strong a read too early. I think if he is town he will find an opportunity to genuinely help advance our win condition, just need the right circumstances.

Rider: He’s even handed on his reads of others. shows read progression at a decent clip, but I worry a little that he’s being a little too consistent on showing it. He’s polite but it’s clear, this is personality and not because he’s scum, rather, he’ll be polite either way. You can infer this by his take about not liking berserker’s approach, but not scum reading her for it. His reads are pretty grounded, his questions are dull and this is part of what keeps me from leaning town on him.. He’s looking at what people want and their reads and negotiating those reads. Unlike, assassin I’m not sure he’ll be the hero we need this game if he’s town.

@mooncancer. I spent 30 minutes on my walk thinking about your last post and decided that for now, I’m not going to ask you to elaborate on why you would want to vote the IC.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:59 am

In post 343, Servant Avenger wrote:He does not reveal his reads as they come to him. Sometimes he slaps down reads a little too fast and I’m not sure if they’re fake or not.
???
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:17 am

Post by Cabd »

In post 298, Cabd wrote:
In post 297, Cabd wrote:
Servant Ruler, as previously played by Prism, is being replaced. Please hold.
The account has been frozen and awaits replacement, and the game may continue. Apologies for the inconvenience.
This slot has been replaced and may now once again post.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:35 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

I might actually have to bite the bullet and take notes this game. I underestimated how much I relied on avatars/names/personality quirks in telling players apart and playing intuitively like I like to.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:37 am

note this: your scum
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:44 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 304, Servant Assassin wrote:i guessed it without asking any questions, not a difficult logical leap. they had 4 role pms to compare and it's likely they have some similar version of the effect and could deduce it from there. however, 10 town players got that role PM, and some of them almost certainly did think their role was somehow uniquely broken and rushed to request getting this awesone power. from that perspective berserker's opening looks legit
I also expect that in games like this the mod isn't going to give all of town a power mafia doesn't know anything about.
I guess Berserker doesn't look like they were trying to capitalize on that for the TR, especially with how they accused player I can't remember of being scum for not noticing the master thing in their own PM. It was a pretty off the cuff accusation.
Servant Lancer
Servant Lancer
Goon
Servant Lancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:00 am

Post by Servant Lancer »

In post 260, Servant Alter Ego wrote:
In post 258, Servant Rider wrote:It factored into the read degradation. It struck me as odd that they wouldn't just explain why they'd decided to vote Avenger. Even if it was some small reason they had to have SOME reason to swap votes. It got worse as they talked to Assassin.
There's that. But, it also looked like one of those things that would be really easy to just let the townie have as scum as opposed to holding back. Reading back through the thread tonight, it made me wonder if my townread should have softened as much as it did later.

Do you want the master upgrade?
The reason was Avenger sounded town. I just liked their posts on gut, then their reaction to my vote and how they were playing and wanted to see how voting there would go. Assassin's trying to dig for something more and drawing this dichotomy between Berserker and Avenger in order to refute it pinged hard. Them both having the same read on Player didn't factor in.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”