Mini 644 - Meerkat Manor Mafia (Game Over!)

MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:20 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Vote:MafiaMann

save you the trouble good luck town
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
muffinhead
muffinhead
Goon
muffinhead
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:00 am

Post by muffinhead »

My aplogies for not posting in ages. I have ben very busy with homework which needs to be completed by wednesday so untill then I wont be able to post any info.

Also mafianmann, if you are town then you have done an incredibly stupid thing because you have lynched the one person you know is definatly town.
Show
For more info about my gaming history and future plans visit my wiki at

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Muffinhead

May run normal game quacks and masons mafia 2 IF I get enough intrest. pm me if your intrested.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:35 am

Post by MafiaMann »

I was getting lynched anyway so it dosent matter.
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:18 am

Post by Rishi »

Final Vote Count - Day 1

MafiaMann – 6 (muffinhead, Bogre, StrangerCoug, Ectomancer, wolframnhart, MafiaMann)
Bogre – 1 (Cass)

Not voting: Rhinox, curiouskarmadog, jonathantan86

Strong males usually don't get evicted from the family. Usually, their strength and experience are a valuable addition to any mob. But, sometimes the other males become wary of the individual. And, sometimes, as is the case with Zaphod, the Whiskers just don't have room for the meerkat that was the father of most of them.

The Kalahari is a cruel place. With no one to perform sentry duty while you are foraging and no one to groom you, a lone meerkat will often die.

MafiaMann, Zaphod, Whiskers, Evicted Day 1.

Please have night choices within 72 hours. PLEASE WATCH THIS SPACE. I may be out of town when night choices to do and just want to confirm that my backup mod can take the night choices. In that case, you'd have to send them to him.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:07 am

Post by Rishi »

Please disregard the last message. I am not leaving until Wednesday, so provided that all choices are in within the next 72 hours, then you can just send choices to me.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:36 am

Post by Rishi »

Morning in the Kalahari is a busy time. First, the lookout appears to make sure the coast is clear from predators. Then, the dominant female comes out and issues lead calls to the other meerkats to signal that the coast is clear. Then all the meerkats pitch in to sweep sand away from the entrance of the burrow. If the meerkats don't do this every day, then the sand can close off the entrance to the burrow, leaving the poor meerkats trapped.

As the eight meerkats finish clearing the burrow, babysitters are assigned for the pups and everyone is off to forage for the day. Hopefully millipedes will be on the menu.

But, look! Another meerkat has appeared. Looks like someone has slept in. The Whiskers tribe remains strong at nine.

It is now Day 2. With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.

ALL - I will be away for a few days to go to Gen Con. During this time, hasdgfas will keep an eye on the game. I'll check in sporadically, but I won't do any modding until Sunday afternoon.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:02 am

Post by Ectomancer »

@MM - You need to read the ' Self-Voting: is it always a bad idea?' thread.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:45 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

rereading..busy at the moment though..might not be able to post until this weekend.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:43 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Cass wrote:I'd think, flavor-wise, that the predator(s) are serial killer-like roles. Birds don't tend to work in groups. So bussing seesm out of the question. Looks like Clock was trying to set someone up and he underestimated the meerkat :twisted: (It did make for an awesome deathscene!)

So looking for connections seems pointless. It doesn't clear MM either, not at all. Killing a townie
and
a competitor would be double profit for an SK.
Questions for you Cass. After Clock killed TheBoredWoodsman, you said looking for connections seems pointless, why? Wouldn't have analyzing the Clock/Woodsman death been more benificial to the town then glossing over it? You also said "Birds" instead of "bird" which to me sounds like you fully know Clock wasn't the only bird predator, slip of the tongue perhaps? For all we know there is a snake or a cat of some kind (i suck with animal names).
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:05 am

Post by Cass »

Because I'm convinced he was an SK, and the meerkats from the other burrow are the mafia. I said 'birds' as in the genus, as in 'birds of prey do not tend to work in groups'. It was just a flavor reason to also think he was an SK and not mafia. I would in fact expect a different kind of animal
if
there's a second predator.

But no nightkills seems to point to only one SK, possibly. Maybe. Though we should probably wait until the next day at least before we start speculating in earnest.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:26 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Ok so you thought it was a flavor reason. But still why did you think it was better to not analyze the Clock/Woodman death?
Cass wrote:But no nightkills seems to point to only one SK, possibly. Maybe. Though we should probably wait until the next day at least before we start speculating in earnest.

I like how here you lean towards there being only one Sk, then say possibly maybe, and then again say speculating on SK isn't important right now and to wait on it. I think speculating on who is SK should happen in the all around scum hunting because we WANT to find out who the Sks are and also who the evil commandos are.
As it is, no nightkill doesn't mean there is only one possible SK, it could just mean that the Sks can only day kill, or maybe someone was protected for all we know.
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:39 am

Post by Cass »

Exactly, we have no way of knowing what it means, so we should wait for more evidence before we form theories. I don't hink it is
better
to not analyze the Clock/Woodman death, I just don't think it will lead us to scum.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:49 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Every death can lead us to scum. When a person hammers someone, they are usually looked at the next day unless they had absolute grand evidence against the person, or every single player wanted that particular person dead because he/she wasn't helpful or whatever (you get what i am saying there). If someone gets killed off at night people look at who they were voting for or had commented on earlier. When a person gets mislynched then usually the people on the wagon get examined for their motives.

I really can't see how you believe not looking at the Clock/Woodman death could lead to scum, especially since that death is the only one we have to go off of atm since there was no night kill.
If you think that we can't get any information off that death, what information DO you think we have available to us atm?

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:55 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

May I chime in and say that MafiaMann seems more like a VI, come to think of his death?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:56 am

Post by wolframnhart »

whats a VI?

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:59 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

VI stands for
v
illage
i
diot. Town that constantly acts scummy without realizing it. One of the easiest people for scum to scapegoat.

wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by wolframnhart »

Alright granted MM did do that, but that doesn't negate the fact that the Clock/Woodman death
could
be looked at because it could give us some kind of info on who scum could be. Same with MM's death (which i forgot to mention in my last post).

All I am saying is that by believing no info could be gotten from the deaths doesn't make sense to me.

Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:48 pm

Post by Cass »

No, look into it by all means, you're quite correct that it is all we have to go off right now, besides the day 1 posting and voting patterns of course. I am certainly inerested in your (or anyones) findings, perhaps I'm wrong and there is something to be found there.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:23 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

StrangerCoug wrote:May I chime in and say that MafiaMann seems more like a VI, come to think of his death?
what was the point of this post at the beginning of Day 2....this almost has the feel of someone trying to defend their participation of a townie lynch..

or am I just reading into it?.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:37 am

Post by wolframnhart »

Alright while looking at mafiamanns death, I came across these quotes:
Bogre wrote:I'm crediting your vote to myself and clockwork, because scum can find it easy to hide behind a wave of people jumping on a bandwagon. You've already said yourself that you changed because of Clockwork.
Bogre tried to take credit for Ecto's vote against mafiamann, saying it was due to him and clock (when originally he said cass, then said he meant clock but switched the C's, made no sense there). This is a big reach imo to say Ecto did it because of HIM and clock, when really it was Clocks post against MM that made Ecto change his mind. Then he said "a wave of people" jumping on the band wagon, when really at the time the vote count was MafiaMann – 5 (wolframnhart, ClockworkRuse, muffinhead, Bogre, Ectomancer). Myself, Clock, and Muffin had been on their originally, so the "wave" of people had been Bogre himself, then Ecto after clocks post. This is Bogre trying to use wording to his advantage.
Bogre wrote:@Rhinox: Today is not the time to lynch lurkers, imo. Although your addressment of the weak claims of Ectomancer have been quite good, I must say I've never seen the point in 'I'm voting you lurker answer now'. One vote is not too much pressure on a lurker, just more of a placeholder, imo.

Ectomancer I believe is a good lynch for tomorrow. Look at how he jumps on Mafiamann's bandwagon with very little reasoning, then as soon as that is pointed out, he finds a weak, papery case to jump -off- the bandwagon and try to direct attention away from Mafman.
Then Bogre sets up Ecto for todays lynch, saying he would be the best bet and to not lynch lurkers, when thats exactly what he was doing. If you look at it, after page 8 when clock/woodman dies, Bogre hasn't posted, possibly wanting to distance himself from Clocks mistake.

FoS Bogre

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:41 am

Post by Rhinox »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:May I chime in and say that MafiaMann seems more like a VI, come to think of his death?
what was the point of this post at the beginning of Day 2....this almost has the feel of someone trying to defend their participation of a townie lynch..

or am I just reading into it?.
I wouldn't expect anyone on MM's lynch to have to defend themselves for it. MM played pretty scummy, and even self-hammered. Usually, I would expect a scum to be on a D1 lynch of a townie, but because MM was so suspisious and self hammered, its really impossible to tell for sure.

That being said, coug, is there a reason you might feel a need to justify and defend being on MM's lynch?
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:44 am

Post by Ectomancer »

wolframnhart wrote:Alright while looking at mafiamanns death, I came across these quotes:
Bogre wrote:I'm crediting your vote to myself and clockwork, because scum can find it easy to hide behind a wave of people jumping on a bandwagon. You've already said yourself that you changed because of Clockwork.
Bogre tried to take credit for Ecto's vote against mafiamann, saying it was due to him and clock (when originally he said cass, then said he meant clock but switched the C's, made no sense there). This is a big reach imo to say Ecto did it because of HIM and clock, when really it was Clocks post against MM that made Ecto change his mind. Then he said "a wave of people" jumping on the band wagon, when really at the time the vote count was MafiaMann – 5 (wolframnhart, ClockworkRuse, muffinhead, Bogre, Ectomancer). Myself, Clock, and Muffin had been on their originally, so the "wave" of people had been Bogre himself, then Ecto after clocks post. This is Bogre trying to use wording to his advantage.
Bogre wrote:@Rhinox: Today is not the time to lynch lurkers, imo. Although your addressment of the weak claims of Ectomancer have been quite good, I must say I've never seen the point in 'I'm voting you lurker answer now'. One vote is not too much pressure on a lurker, just more of a placeholder, imo.

Ectomancer I believe is a good lynch for tomorrow. Look at how he jumps on Mafiamann's bandwagon with very little reasoning, then as soon as that is pointed out, he finds a weak, papery case to jump -off- the bandwagon and try to direct attention away from Mafman.
Then Bogre sets up Ecto for todays lynch, saying he would be the best bet and to not lynch lurkers, when thats exactly what he was doing. If you look at it, after page 8 when clock/woodman dies, Bogre hasn't posted, possibly wanting to distance himself from Clocks mistake.

FoS Bogre
My name is in there alot, so I can't entirely trust my feelings on this, but this is not a weak case. I'd like to hear a good response from Bogre.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:58 am

Post by Cass »

I do think that Bogre and Stranger are the scummiest players. Mainly for their behaviour day 1. SC also for his odd first post today. Bogre also for his disappearing act.

I would like you both to defend or at least explain yourselves.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:45 am

Post by wolframnhart »

@Ecto
Sorry for the name mentioning, it wasn't supposed to be about you, I believe that you are trying very hard to scum hunt, i really liked the breakdown of if MM turned to be scum or town post that you did. I was just trying to convey what Bogre was saying is all.

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:25 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

We've exhausted my D1 case, and I'm tired of talking about it. Yes, I'm dismissing it with an
argumentum ad nauseam
, but there's absolutely nothing new to say about it. Moving on.

My first post today was looking back in hindsight now that we know what MafiaMann is. Since I said he was a VI, are there any signs of manipulating him into a lynch that we should know about?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”