charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by charter »

Oh... You're right. I forgot that he didn't get anything because he investigated the dead guy. Mizzy confirmed that that would happen so I assumed that was the reason why. Never occured to me that he could have been blocked too.

Scratch all my no RB speech.
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:29 pm

Post by Walnut »

I still don't see Thesp as necessarily clear, and not just because he may have been blocked. The assumption that the mafia would have blocked him is not such a sure thing when it has been explicitly stated that he is of uncertain sanity. That means that they can definitely allow him one inconclusive investigation.

CFRiot, I noted that you are getting on the Macwagon while I am also on your list of suspects. Just to confirm, do you see us as scum together, or that we each feature in possible mutually exclusive scum combinations?

While I am surprised at the speed of the Mac wagon, it does not bother me. There were a lot of posts and a lot of new information came out today (real time).

@Shadowgirl- welcome back.
Walnut wrote:
I have read the whole Mac post against me, and feel that there is nothing worth answering, as it is mainly rehashing, arguments based on incorrect assumptions, oversimplifcations and "you did <insert any role neutral action> so you are scum". If anyone has any specific questions from that, I am willing to answer them.

Then why not point them out? Or at least refute them of quotes of defense you already have on them?
The reason why not was that I felt that I already had, and that people were complaining that the accusations against me and my replies were taking up too much space.
Reading your signature makes me feel guilty and helpless.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:41 pm

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Walnut, are you for or against the mass claim? I pose this question to everyone else as well.
Walnut
Walnut
Goon
Walnut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:52 pm

Post by Walnut »

I am against it. I could go into reasons, but I think that they might not be helpful overall.
Reading your signature makes me feel guilty and helpless.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:53 am

Post by Thesp »

charter wrote:Thesp, who are your top three picks for scum now?
I'll try to get a skimming re-read of some things and answer this tonight.
How about you? (Apologies if you've answered this already, I don't recall the answer.)
(Reading ahead is tech.)

Farkshinsoup wrote:In other news, I can't believe I'm doing this again, but since I can't seem to sway Thesp on LG, I'm going to unvote vote: Tinsley. Just a better chance of getting him lynched, and I really want to lynch scum today. Tinsley, are you a mafia roleblocker? Cause that would be awesome.
I've not been thrilled with Lord Gurgi, and I don't like
how
he shifted his vote to Macavenger. Part of my basis for his defense was his open push for a deadline, now I'm a bit more skeptical of trusting my tell on that one. The rest of your post to Tinsley is awesome.
Macavenger wrote:
Walnut wrote:I find the narrowing down that Mac has done suspicious. If he is scum, then people agreeing to this could easily seal the game for the mafia, as it would be lynch one off the list, NK someone else, lynch one off the list etc. Yep, I know that we have to lynch someone today, but I don't like the assumption that this makes that the other players are inviolate.
Rich. You realize that, until about the last page, no one has talked seriously about lynching anyone not on that list in about 10 pages, except possibly you about lynching charter? I'm not narrowing anything down - the town is. I'm just supplying data.
I agree with Macavenger here.
Macavenger wrote:I think I'm also trending towards a more aggressive style over time, but can't really comment on that without talking about some ongoings.
I personally recommend this. It's far more entertaining.
charter wrote:I don't like Riot's last post, particularly his Thesp=cop and Fark=doc scenario. There is no roleblocker if Thesp is town. There's no way scum would have chanced him investigating one of them if they could have avoided it.
It's unlikely the scum would have tried to kill me last night straightaway, as any doctor in the game (if they existed) would likely have protected me. If they had a roleblocker, it's almost certain they would have used it on me. The likelihoods in CF Riot's post are entirely spot-on, except I think it less likely that farkshinsoup would be scum claiming a weak doc having protected me, because he'll be a target way too easily. (There's no way he survives to the endgame with such a claim.)

I'm also
against
a massclaim. I don't think the game is poorly designed, nor do I think we're in a situation where massclaiming is ideal, so I don't think it's a good idea.
Walnut wrote:I still don't see Thesp as necessarily clear, and not just because he may have been blocked. The assumption that the mafia would have blocked him is not such a sure thing when it has been explicitly stated that he is of uncertain sanity. That means that they can definitely allow him one inconclusive investigation.
This may easily be one of the silliest things I've read in the thread.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Tinsley
Tinsley
Goon
Tinsley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:07 am

Post by Tinsley »

charter wrote:Why are you all of a sudden so suspicious of Mac? When I said that we might be getting manipulated into thinking Walnut is scum, he was the one I was thinking was doing it, but I never said that until now.

Why did you suggest I vote Fark over LG in that post of yours I quoted?
I've been keeping Mac in the back of my mind since the start of D2. I was surprised to see him survive the night seeing as most here saw him as town. It's wasn't enough to build a case on, and there were others I found more suspicious. When I was reading through his posts, it just seemed like he was trying to lynch the people with the scummiest play styles - Netlava (Very aggressive, uses small details like the word tempted as scumtells), Walnut (Doesn't scum hunt just like he didn't really do it last game), ShadowGirl (tends to lurk) - because they would be the easiest targets.
Tinsley wrote:I'd still like to see that speech. Charter - with the recent developments between LG and Fark, do you still think they are both scum? I think this is more proof that Fark is trying to get any lynch besides Walnut, but it's making me wonder whether or not LG is scum.
charter wrote:Why did you suggest I vote Fark over LG in that post of yours I quoted?

Where in that quote did I suggest that you vote Fark over LG? I honestly wanted your opinion on the possibility of Fark and LG both being scum, then provided my interpretation of that argument.
charter wrote:I'd like to revise my LoS
1- LG
2- Tinsley
3- Walnut/most everyone else
I'm not so sure Walnut is scum, I think we might have gotten bamboozeled into thinking that.
I interpreted this as LG or Tinsley or both are bamboozling us into thinking Walnut is scum.
Tinsley wrote:I actually think LG and charter are onto something, not the fact that LG and I are a scumpair, but that we could be getting bamboozled into thinking Walnut is scum. Charter look who has been pushing the Walnut bandwagon the hardest - Mac. If everyone is being "bamboozled" into believing Walnut is scum, isn't Mac the one that's doing it?
Mac wrote:There are a good amount of if's here. Why are you suddenly so certain that both Walnut is town, and that I'm scum pushing a wagon on him, rather than town doing so? Pushing the wagon of the person you find scummiest is not a scumtell.
There was only one if there, and that was in regards to charter's statement. My suspicion of Walnut mostly came from his history with Fark (both being on the bandwagons for Netlava, charter, and myself/Fark trying to get any lynch besides Walnut). While I don't think Fark's claim clears Walnut, it's made me reevaluate everything. Charter - if you believed we were being bamboozled by Mac, why didn't you say so? Do you think we are being bamboozled by a townie?
CF Riot wrote:The logic that takes Walnut out of the picture is good, but the detail that is left out is Tinsley himself should still be on that list of suspects.
Right. Obviously I know where I stand and no one else does. But I was expecting to be lynched (and still do), then I'll be out of the equation, and I hope everyone will keep this in mind then.
CF Riot wrote:Tinsley, following your own train of thought, if Mac is scum what two buddies could you pull from that list?
It would have to be two out of: Riot, charter, and LG. Right now I'm leaning toward charter and LG.
LG wrote:Did Macavenger just become the vote leader? I do not like how quickly this thing is moving.
I don't really think the bandwagon got moving that quickly. It's three votes, and two of them were on Fark who just claimed doc.
Fark wrote:I think we should mass claim.
I think that's a bad idea. I think we'd just get caught up in analyzing each claim trying to decide if it's a lie or not. How would you prove it? I think it would just be a WIFOM situation.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:52 am

Post by charter »

Tinsley wrote:
charter wrote:Why are you all of a sudden so suspicious of Mac? When I said that we might be getting manipulated into thinking Walnut is scum, he was the one I was thinking was doing it, but I never said that until now.

Why did you suggest I vote Fark over LG in that post of yours I quoted?
I've been keeping Mac in the back of my mind since the start of D2. I was surprised to see him survive the night seeing as most here saw him as town.
More speculation, that's a terrible reason to suspect someone. Living through N1?? I think you might actually be scum Tinsley.
vote Tinsley

Tinsley wrote:
Tinsley wrote:I'd still like to see that speech. Charter - with the recent developments between LG and Fark, do you still think they are both scum? I think this is more proof that Fark is trying to get any lynch besides Walnut, but it's making me wonder whether or not LG is scum.
charter wrote:Why did you suggest I vote Fark over LG in that post of yours I quoted?

Where in that quote did I suggest that you vote Fark over LG? I honestly wanted your opinion on the possibility of Fark and LG both being scum, then provided my interpretation of that argument.
You're casting doubt as to whether LG is scum or not. Coupled with the both of them are unlikely to be scum you hint at with your question, the only thing for someone to infer is that Fark is more likely to be scum and LG is the pick for town. This is the manipulative post I was referring to (there could be others, I haven't gone back over Tinsley too thoroughly).
Tinsley wrote:
charter wrote:I'd like to revise my LoS
1- LG
2- Tinsley
3- Walnut/most everyone else
I'm not so sure Walnut is scum, I think we might have gotten bamboozeled into thinking that.
I interpreted this as LG or Tinsley or both are bamboozling us into thinking Walnut is scum.
You interpreted it wrong, Mac is the only person I thought might have been doing the bamboozling.
Tinsley wrote:I actually think LG and charter are onto something, not the fact that LG and I are a scumpair, but that we could be getting bamboozled into thinking Walnut is scum. Charter look who has been pushing the Walnut bandwagon the hardest - Mac. If everyone is being "bamboozled" into believing Walnut is scum, isn't Mac the one that's doing it?
Tinsley wrote: Charter - if you believed we were being bamboozled by Mac, why didn't you say so? Do you think we are being bamboozled by a townie?
I purposely didn't say who I thought was misleading us (I'm not going to type bamboozled anymore). I had no case against Mac, and nothing to show that he was purposely misleading anyone about Walnut. I'm not even sure that someone is misleading us, but the more I think about lynching Walnut, the less good the idea sounds. This leads me to believe that the original case against him (back on D1) was weak and fabricated. Me and Mac were the ones gunning for Walnut yesterday (was Riot too?).

It's ironic you mention wanting to avoid WIFOM at the end of your post after how you opened up day 2 today. Not funny ironic, scum ironic. Yes, I am all for the Tinsley lynch after his less than stellar answers.
Mizzy
Mizzy
Furry
Mizzy
Furry
Furry

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:07 am

Post by Mizzy »

Vote Count:

Tinsley 5 (camn, Walnut, Thesp, Farkshinsoup, charter)
Macavenger 3 (Lord Gurgi, Tinsley, CF Riot)
Walnut 1 (Macavenger)

Not Voting:
ShadowGirl

10 Alive = 6 to lynch!
PokerFace: "I need to play with [Ether] or Mizzy more often."
Nightson: "I'd be more then happy to play with Ether and Mizzy. At the same time."

Muerrto: "Mizzy is my hero and I wanna be like her when I grow younger <3"
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:10 am

Post by charter »

Tinsley's at L-1

Didn't realize when I voted him, but it doesn't change my read on him.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:15 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Tinsley wrote:My suspicion of Walnut mostly came from his history with Fark (both being on the bandwagons for Netlava, charter, and myself/Fark trying to get any lynch besides Walnut)
I take you back to the end of Day 1, when you voted Walnut instead of Net. You clearly suspected him then, and I had barely been in the game at that point, much less become involved in any of the stuff you mention above.

In regards to the massclaim, since I'm clearly in the minority on that, I'll let it drop for today. I gotta say though that I'm becoming a fan of them. Still trying to figure out when the best time to do them is, though.

Please carry on lynching Tinsley. At this point, if you're not on his wagon, please ask yourself, am I that certain he's not scum? If not, then get on the wagon. It's a good wagon. Comfy seats.
Tinsley
Tinsley
Goon
Tinsley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:18 am

Post by Tinsley »

charter wrote:This is the manipulative post I was referring to (there could be others, I haven't gone back over Tinsley too thoroughly).
So you haven't gone back over me to thoroughly, but you're ready to lynch me?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:21 am

Post by charter »

That post is quite damning. I believe I provided other reasons in my post as well. It's assuring that you try to discredit me rather than refute my points though. It makes them seem like they're right. :shock:

If you'd like, I can go back and "fit some of your posts to make my case" as LG calls it.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:14 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

I'm either way on a mass claim at the moment, but I'm leaning towards thinking it's a bad idea - we have two power roles outed, and I would think someone would have counter-claimed already?

While we could speculate all we want about whether there is a mafia roleblocker, we won't be able to tell until tommorow. Though, I can see that is possible and maybe probable - wouldn't mafia have some sort of power role to compensate? Other the assumption that the current claims are true - which I don't know whether they are.

Vote: Macavenger

I'm going to to agree Tinsley - he's been targetting the people that it's so easy pin scum on.
Tinsley
Tinsley
Goon
Tinsley
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:19 am

Post by Tinsley »

charter wrote:More speculation, that's a terrible reason to suspect someone. Living through N1?? I think you might actually be scum Tinsley.
vote Tinsley
Thus why I said it wasn't enough to build a case on. You asked why I was all of a sudden suspicious of Mac. That's only where it started. It's not what I based my whole case around.

charter wrote:You're casting doubt as to whether LG is scum or not. Coupled with the both of them are unlikely to be scum you hint at with your question, the only thing for someone to infer is that Fark is more likely to be scum and LG is the pick for town. This is the manipulative post I was referring to (there could be others, I haven't gone back over Tinsley too thoroughly).
I'm the manipulative one? You're totally twisting my words here and in the quote above.
charter wrote:I purposely didn't say who I thought was misleading us (I'm not going to type bamboozled anymore). I had no case against Mac, and nothing to show that he was purposely misleading anyone about Walnut. I'm not even sure that someone is misleading us, but the more I think about lynching Walnut, the less good the idea sounds. This leads me to believe that the original case against him (back on D1) was weak and fabricated. Me and Mac were the ones gunning for Walnut yesterday (was Riot too?).
Then as a townie isn't it your responsibility to put these ideas out there for consideration? Even if you had nothing else against Mac, shouldn't you have said something, or were you afraid you would get lynched?
charter wrote:It's ironic you mention wanting to avoid WIFOM at the end of your post after how you opened up day 2 today. Not funny ironic, scum ironic. Yes, I am all for the Tinsley lynch after his less than stellar answers.
That's your opinion that NK speculation would have been WIFOM. I wasn't the only one who thought that it could help find scum.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:53 am

Post by charter »

Thesp, what do you now think of SG?
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:08 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

I'm not seeing the Mac thing - I can't believe that he has 4 votes, when almost everyone else in this game is scummier, including me. (well, I can believe it, since 2 of those votes are coming from LG and Thesp) Not that I'm sure that he's town, but if someone can show me a scumtell I'd like to see it.

I don't buy the whole, "he's been targetting the people that it's so easy to pin scum on" argument. One of those people was Net. As far as I'm concerned, pushing for his lynch is a bit of a nulltell, since he was acting so scummy. (This is part of the reason I support a Tinsley lynch - he was able to "see through" Net's scummy behaviour to see the inner townie shining through) Mac was right to suspect him.

Mac said this:
Macavenger wrote: Why are you suddenly so certain that both Walnut is town, and that I'm scum pushing a wagon on him, rather than town doing so?
QFT. Assuming that Mac is scum because he's been pushing Walnut's lynch only makes sense if you KNOW that Walnut is town. At this point you're putting the cart before the horse.

Oh and
FoS Shadowgirl
. In your last post you:
a) joined a bad wagon for a bad reason
b) safely came out against a mass claim after everyone had dismissed it, including me, the instigator.

Combine this with your general ghost-like presence in this game, and I think it deserves a suspicious finger. Mac's not the one who's been getting a free ride in this game, it's you.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:12 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

I haven't gotten on the computer since yesterday, so I thought I mineswell respond to it anyway even if it had been dismissed.

I will agree that I haven't been active, but not because I haven't wanted to. And I don't think anyone has said that Mac has been getting a free ride.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:57 am

Post by CF Riot »

Walnut wrote:I still don't see Thesp as necessarily clear. . .
Possible yet unlikely. For Thesp to be lying, either Fark has to also be lying, or Fark would have to be telling the truth AND there would have to be a RB AND they would've had to choose Fark N1.
Walnut wrote:Just to confirm, do you see us as scum together, or that we each feature in possible mutually exclusive scum combinations?
I'm not set on either. I thought his push for your wagon looked genuine, probably because I was pushing it too. But thinking about how he switched to you yesterday when it looked like Netlava was pretty much done for, I could believe he was bussing. I think it's more likely that only one of you are scum, but I'm not sold on it.
Thesp wrote:The likelihoods in CF Riot's post are entirely spot-on, except I think it less likely that farkshinsoup would be scum claiming a weak doc having protected me, because he'll be a target way too easily. (There's no way he survives to the endgame with such a claim.)
But if Fark's head was on the chopping block already, what does he lose? He gains an extra night at least, and at worst no one believes him and he dies the same as he would've with no claim.

Are you saying you would vote Fark to keep him from endgame?
Farkshinsoup wrote:. . .get on the wagon. It's a good wagon.
Comfy seats.
Lol. I'm not going to vote Tinsley, I just thought that was funny.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:23 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Farkshinsoup wrote:I don't buy the whole, "he's been targetting the people that it's so easy to pin scum on" argument. One of those people was Net. As far as I'm concerned, pushing for his lynch is a bit of a nulltell, since he was acting so scummy. (This is part of the reason I support a Tinsley lynch - he was able to "see through" Net's scummy behaviour to see the inner townie shining through) Mac was right to suspect him.
Am I reading this right? You think Tinsley is the lynch because Tinsley was against the Netlava lynch?

Why are so many people just saying 'what he said' and jumping on the Mac wagon?
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:26 am

Post by camn »

I stated that I think that not ALL the scum were on the Netlava wagon. Some of them must have voted elsewhere.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:27 am

Post by charter »

camn wrote:I stated that I think that not ALL the scum were on the Netlava wagon. Some of them must have voted elsewhere.
Want to try and back that up?
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:45 am

Post by camn »

No Backup.. It's just my reasoning. They wouldn't ALL wagon a townie. That's inconceivable to me.

Unless you mean "when did you say that?" In which case it was post 692. When I initially voted Tinsley.

c
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:50 am

Post by camn »

EBWOP.

I think there was enough people NOT on the Netlava wagon so that some had to be scum.
Usually this wouldn't be that significant, but in my mind I have cleared a number of them, so the REMAINING people who were NOT on the wagon got pretty small.

so, Netlava, obv, is dead.
Thesp and Shadowgirl . . I think they are town...
That leaves You, Mac and Tinsley.

In my mind, at least one of these three must be scum, regardless of scumminess.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:21 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

LG wrote:Am I reading this right? You think Tinsley is the lynch because Tinsley was against the Netlava lynch?
I know this Day has been very long, so I'll cut you some slack for forgetting my argument against Tinsley from page 23, post 566.

Camn, could you please drop the hammer on Tinsley so we can end this day?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:30 am

Post by charter »

Camn is already voting Tinsley. Why are you in such a rush here Fark? I certianly want Thesp to post again before night comes.

I'd like to ask no one to hammer until Thesp posts again.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”